E&E / SERE

So, when shit goes south, plan is to grab your gun and go innawoods. Solid plan, 10/10

just one problem, the enemy has cameras, helicopters, bloodhounds and thermal imaging.
Not to mention the fact that we're outgunned and outnumbered.

Post and discuss anything about E&E/SERE

Attached: the boys.jpg (470x303, 29K)

>thermal
In Air Force SERE school we were taught that shoving a decent amount of foliage into your rectal cavity will cause your body temperature to temporarily drop and effectively reach ground temperature, thus hiding you from thermal imaging for a few minutes. If crunched for time, a similar effect can be achieved by rubbing foliage on the patch of skin between the testicles and the anus.
>helicopters
Unless you are in an open field, hiding from a helicopter that is on your tail is very easy especially in a woodland or rocky desert environment. The biggest identifier of a target from an aerial point of view is their arms moving back and forth while running.
There are two solutions to this. The first is that you can remove your camouflage top and hold it over your head as if you were in a rainstorm. However, if you have a backpack or other such rig and cannot remove your top, the next best thing is to do what's called X-topping. The best way I can explain this one is, do the "Wakanda Forever" signal. Then, maintaining your arms in that shape, bring them over your head so that the side of your forearm is touching your scalp. If you are not wearing camouflaged gloves, you should also flex your wrists inward so that your knuckles are pointed to the ground. Moving around like this makes it very unlikely for an aerial enemy to spot you.

curious lurkster here curious about anti-thermal materials

>Cameras and helicopters
Don't work too well through a tree canopy, can hear one coming literally tens of miles away.

>Bloodhounds
Reference the ATF handbook

>Thermal imaging
Do you think that's like X-ray laser vision or something?

If shit truly does go south enough to grab SKS, go innawoods, there wont be people coming after you with cameras, helicopters, bloodhounds and thermal imaging. Shit will have effectively not gone south if the federal government is able to retain that type of manpower.

Attached: WHICH_ONE.gif (320x320, 3.8M)

Regular clothes, a thin piece of drywall, a bush.

Thermal is really not that great.

Attached: military_thermal_scope_01.jpg (640x480, 19K)

Un- ironically Glass if you can put cold glass in-between you and the imager you are good

It just measures surface temperature, you could wrap a non-breathable cloak around yourself and effectively be thermal-proof.

Bro this is fucking retarded. If you drop your body temperature that much you will die. Hypothermia sets in 4 degrees below normal. Depending where you are the ground is like 70 degrees or less. Either you are a lying sack of shit or SERE school is full of wut?
How about just using a thick blanket like the hajis do to mask thermal imaging?
Sometimes I think Jow Forums has been hit in the head too many times.

>shoving a decent amount of foliage into your rectal cavity

if you're taking that phrase seriously your iq must be lower than whatever you were gonna blame the other bloke having,

Attached: stupidtown.jpg (483x343, 127K)

You are too quick to call the uniforms enemies... You understand a Lt. Col.(pretty high fuckin rank) Was just brought up on charges for wanting to kill treasonous politicians right??? AT LEAST half of the Military and Police will join the cause of Liberty and bring their toys with them, not to mention the INSTANT foreign aid sent in to help us squash tyranny! The thousands and thousands of militia and general gun nuts with rpg's, 20mm, and Explosives will help alot too. Then you have the nerds hacking server and hijacking Tyrant tech! We will be ok I promise!!

Attached: commie mouth.jpg (500x375, 107K)

>shtf
>groups of people are going to be looked for one person with helis and thermals
you're dumb

>shtf means the gov deveotes all their resources to hunt you down and only you
I'm not going innawoods until society has broken down so hard that fortifying my comfy house is not worth it. In which case the military will be too fucked to fly helos and use bloodhounds.

>dont shoot the human shaped target that has no heat signature

It would just be the surrounding temperature user. Otherwise we'd all have emergency blankets in our comps

>"If crunched for time, a similar effect can be achieved by rubbing foliage on the patch of skin between the testicles and anus"
>someone read this sentence and thought it was serious

Attached: 1526883031557.jpg (689x569, 98K)

>when shit goes south, plan is to grab your gun and go innawoods.
Thats a dumb fucking plan.
>Not to mention the fact that we're outgunned and outnumbered.
lol
>we're outgunned
First off, ""we're"". Second, that's not going to be the case when 1/3rd of the military defects, and every country with a bone to pick with the USA starts giving out manpads.
>outnumbered.
Approximate number of people willing to actually fight for their rights is currently 3% of the US population, 9.81 million people. That number's gonna go up by a lot if the government actually does something polarizing enough to spark a shooting war with its own people. For reference the US military has 1.3 million active duty troops, roughly 20% of which are combat arms, and 750-850,000 LEOs. Even ignoring the near certain mass desertion and swelling ranks of actively resistant and collaborating civilians they'd be outnumbered 4.5 to one.

>that's not going to be the case when 1/3rd of the military defects
Yeah bro, I'm sure all the foreign flips and spics are gonna valiantly take the fight to their own command structure to help some lolbertarian rebels in hicksville, alabama.
>every country with a bone to pick with the USA starts giving out manpads
What, China and Russia? Their economies are reliant on the US economy. They're not going to touch you until the economy is already down the shitter, and I don't think that's going to happen nearly as quickly as you think it is. And once that happens, then they'll set their sights on taking land, and you'll have to fight them too.
>Approximate number of people willing to actually fight for their rights is currently 3% of the US population
Yeah bro, totally. Just like how you guys fought for your rights when the assault weapon ban was instated or how you're fightingbfor your rights now that red flag laws are leading to gun owners getting shot in their own homes. Please stop LARPing, the insurgency may consist of 50,000 people at one time tops.

Attached: 1554133933324.jpg (1080x1080, 158K)

Drop to the ground.
Cover with a foil blanket.
Cover that with camo sleeping bag.

Take a lil nippynap til the wompwomp go bye bye.

>live in a rural area, basically already innawoods
>stockpiles of food and water hidden, gun room with a good view
Fuck if I'm leaving.

LTC Nut. N. Fancy USAF (Retried) approved

Attached: 1487005608244.png (1920x964, 1.22M)

I'm not that deep down the rabbit hole. But I have a sere belt from the wilderness tactical that I love. Has a hidden zipper closure inside the belt. I keep iodine tabs, kevlar rope, lock pick shit, hand cuff keys, and cash inside it.
Highly recommended if you want to add some sere to your edc.