Taurus judge

hello Jow Forums, i'm planning on buying a taurus judge, specifically this 4 inch barrel model

it looks like a very fun range gun and i already own a 410 shotgun and i really want a wheelgun, so it's a match made in heaven.

but i also want to try to concealed carry it, preferably on an ankleholster.

is this a bad idea? a goood idea?
and where can i find a good ankleholster that will hold this specific model with the 4 inch barrel? most only seem to accept 2 inch barrels.

>also taurus judge/S&W governor thread

Attached: DSC_2302__46281.1513268198.1280.1280.jpg (1280x864, 178K)

Attached: Bait Sucker.jpg (600x941, 145K)

>Knows about the S&W Governor
>Vys for the Taurus Judge

You have to be actually retarded.

i just want to save ~2-4 hundred dollars. they're basically the same damn gun anyway, save for one round in the cylinder.

S&W has world renowned revolvers

Taurus has world renowned garbage.

Enjoy your $200

care to explain why taurus is garbage

>modern S&W
>not garbage

Attached: 1553977377929.gif (442x320, 978K)

He’s a nogunz faggot who read it here from another nogunz faggot

Attached: 69D57CD2-657C-4F6E-87A3-7447FC1C5D99.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

understandable, have a nice day

racemixing

if it's a gun that Jow Forums doesnt like then now i want it even more

Attached: 71a9b61eb80c7fbd2da462bb3b9a7e7c.png (989x1036, 592K)

Don’t, they are impractical to carry and horribly balanced. Complete meme gun. If you want a revolver to carry, invest in a .357.

Hate to say it, but I have had a judge for the about 6 years now, I keep it clean and it’s never failed me. I would feel comfortable counting on it if needed. Not a comfy carry piece though, unless you wanna LARP as a cowboy with a gun outside your pants.

>buying a gun to spite retards online
God damn this thread is shit and so are you

i imagine it cant possibly be that uncomfortable if i carry it on my ankle, just not having much luck finding an ankle holster for it online. will have to ask around at LGS.

>sarcasm

Attached: 619eb388995a7c0e9c3644ea67fad7ed.png (442x441, 291K)

If you ankle carry that thing you are actually retarded

why? ive never carried before, only own long arms, so i probably have no idea what im talking about.

Its not high speed low drag tactically operational hardcore mil spec tier. Dhu

The revolvers are and always have been top notch. Even when their M&P and other bullshit lines took fire, their revolvers didn't change at all.

And the M&P 2.0 line is top fucking tier, user.

I've ankle-carried quite a few small backups in the past. Even tiny, lightweight ones eventually hurt my ankle bones, and even wearing 2 pairs of socks. Rethink ankle carry, especially for something this big and heavy.

If you just HAVE TO ankle-carry it, consider big, heavy, tall leather boots, with a holster attached to it. This puts the weapon in the same place, but attaches it more securely to you. I know at least four long time pros who carried 4" barrel Smiths like this.

Trust me when I tell you that running hard, jumping over things, landing hard from a high jump, or bounding down stairs with a flimsy elastic strap holding a piece on your ankle is an 'exciting' experience. I've seen back up weapons making it to the bottom of the stairs before its owner.

#1 rule: don't kick your gun to the shitskin you're chasing.

Attached: Capture+_2019-04-18-15-49-45.png (1439x1587, 2.12M)

It would be a fun range toy, but for actually carrying, definitely load it with .45 LC hollow points instead of .410

Why do you care about saving money on a novelty range toy?

The absolute state of poorfags.

Attached: ehehehe.jpg (466x540, 113K)

do all ankle holsters work like the one in your pic or are there ones that strap higher up the leg? i wear fairly big shoes and almost always wear long pants, and i dont do much strenous excercise, but i walk alot of places and i run in the mornings. i want it to be pretty concealed.

also, could you post an example of what you mean by "big, heavy, tall leather boots with a holster attached"?

thank you for the advice, i appreciate it btw

pic related is my shoes

Attached: 8EB51089-5C4E-4950-B0D0-1FF5258B1960.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

i was planning on comparing 410 slugs to .45 LC at the range and seeing which had better penetration.

what do you think about using slugs in a defense situation? more effective? less? ive shot 410 slugs out of my shotgun before and they leave pretty big holes in stuff.

>ankle carry a fucking judge
How fucking large/fat are you?

i weigh about 250-270 pounds last i weighed myself, im kinda chonky, recently started working out and working on a diet.

i wear pants that easily go down to my ankles so i figure ankle carry is a good bet for reliable and concealed CCW.

.45 LC has more energy and offers better options for effective ammunition from a short barrel.

Not him, but because it's a clunky 2 lb piece of shit that should not be strapped to your foot. A pound on your feet is like 5 on your back. It doesn't sound like much, but you better believe that thing is going to be ungodly uncomfortable and slow you down. Plus, drawing would almost certainly be a nightmare.

Fuck wrong person, meant for

If you search the web for, "boot holster", and sort for images, you'll see what I mean. Some are custom made, others are slip-on belt holsters clipped to a boot.

If you buy tall boots, you can get the height you want to place the gun at. Those in your pic wouldn't work, as they are ankle boots.

One friend wore tall cowboy style boots with an aggressive tread, stiff uppers, and clipped a holster to the top. He carried a snubby like this.

Attached: 25601_xl.jpg (800x800, 73K)

This would be more secure for a quick jog.

Attached: bf00638b021f720094bb6d1794032cc4.jpg (500x750, 55K)

Custom boots. Don't know if this would work for a big, heavy judge, but you get the idea.

The boot must be nice and stiff, and get the height you want, to place the gun where you want.

Attached: BootGun-6.jpg (800x535, 68K)

You should buy it then. Remember the proper way to holster it is between your lips.

i appreciate the pictures and help. did some reading and decided maybe ankle holstering isnt a good idea, but i'll keep the boot idea in mind. i just dont want to put hairs on end when people see me carrying is all.

Hell, with some cutler rivets, you could bolt a regular pancake holster right to the top of the boot.

Attached: PicsArt_04-18-04.35.26.png (2048x2048, 3.16M)

*chicago screws, not cutler rivets

NO probs. I've seen it all, believe me! Whatever you do, make sure it's tight & secure, and loose, stiff jeans will hide it.

Good luck. A crusty old operator told you that.

Oh, and to all the asshats in this thread tryna talk you into or out of THEIR opinions, fuck them.

ANY gun is ALWAYS better than no gun. Train with it, make it yours, make it part of your hand, and you're 95% there. Ballistics, weight, etc., is the last 5%.

Buy what you want.
Train with what you buy.

>he doesnt know that Jow Forums isnt white

Attached: B1dq76ICcAExXYY.jpg (250x366, 14K)

It's not a question of no gun or judge, its a question of decent carry gun or judge you mong.

Attached: D262AFAA-F4E0-48E2-B145-BD6516A2A2AA.jpg (640x723, 22K)

>taurus judge
>on an ankleholster
stfu you nigger

Jesus Christ that thing looks retarded

The S & W is a much better gun, but Taurus offers the polymer version, which will probably break (eventually) if you constantly shoot slugs or really hot 45lc or if you just constantly shoot it period.

the only advantage Taurus adds is less weight which might make it a carriable gun but i still wouldnt recomend. .410 sucks anyways

Ive always wondered if they are gonna come out with like a 16ga or 20ga variant of this style of revolver, sure, it would be like 3-4 shot cylinder but it would still be awesome

ignore the uppity richfags op, grab a taurus and a sleeveless t shirt and a 32 pack of keystone light and go nuts

I did some minor googling about my own question here, the 20ga revolver and maybe it wouldnt even be legal, and would be considered AOW, the governer/judge get around this buy actually being chambered in 45 long colt first and foremost, but that doesnt even make a lot of since, seeing them advertised as shooting .410 would seemingly not be allowed if that were the case.

either way S & W can just make some monster bullet that fits in the 20ga cyliner and say its actually chambered in THAT but you can also shoot 20ga shells

>conceal carry a Taurus judge
Fucking why? Just carry a normal handgun you retard.

Yeah they're fun. You already invest in the ammo. As a defense gun, meh kinda reaching. Especially ankle carry lol. IDK man they're just plain fun. Probably dope for snake protection, and the buck shots cool.

Do ur own thing bud