Is ComBlock surplus pistols safe?

I was thinking that the old surplus guns made pre 1980, might be radioactive considering the Chernobyl nuclear disaster effected the entire eastern block. One of my buddies has a Geiger counter and said his Romanian Tokarev was emitting radiation.

Attached: 3844CAA8-5329-4999-9F24-BA411B9DFFB3.jpg (670x402, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This will get replies.

Yes except tt's

Those are insanely unsafe

Good possibility

Attached: 1555034248953.gif (283x153, 1.12M)

>not wanting to impart trace amounts of radiation onto your bullets
why are you here?

Yeah Goy. Stop buying cheap, high quality surplus. It’s filled with radioactive particles. Fuck off schlomo

I’m new to commie pistols; what is the ppk looking snappyboi?

Polish p64

this
remember, civilians literally can't commit war crimes

The TT-33 is safer than the CZ52.

>mfw no depleted uranium pistol ammo

Attached: 1552233193318.jpg (480x256, 70K)

I know about CZ52 issues, but I disagree.

I'm Polish and I remember - in early 90's, after communism ended, TTs flooded the market.
They ware sometimes issued to police due to high rise in crime, being more powerful than P-64 and P-83.
They ware also very popular among security guards.

There ware numerous accidents with them - yes, many of those ware users fault, but still.
Idiots who tried to carry them chambered can only blame themselves, but the safety proved very unreliable, and the hammer used to sometimes drop on its own.
They are crudely made pistols, very primitive really.

The added safeties on the Tokarevs imported into the U.S. are notoriously bad/unsafe. Same thing with CZ-52s, some metal parts like the firing pin are poor quality and prone to breaking. Check whatever gun you're buying beforehand and learn about the function and design.

Buy a new Zastava Tokarev and support some kebab removers they're cheap as fuck in either 9mm or 7.62x25

Just don't stuck it up your ass, and you'll be fine.

>not wanting to impart trace amounts of radiation onto your bullets
I like this idea.....

A TT33 is perfectly safe if set on half cock, which is the actual safety per the design, the little safety added by importers is not safe and have been known to fail.

for the love of christ, dont buy one. i know its only like 200 bucks, but just fucking dont. i regret buying one and im only holding onto it as a trunk gun right now

lmao when the world becomes fallout new vegas irl our guns will have radiation stats

The big problem with cheap surp pistols is that most are beat to shit and you just can't find parts or mags for them. Couple that with a hard-to-find oddball round, and then your way cheap Comblock pistol costs you double or triple to take shooting compared to a new mid-range 9mm.
Surp is mostly for collectors. Get something new if you want to go shooting or protect your home.

I can get 1260 rounds or whatever of 7.62x25 for 300 maple pesos.

>The big problem with cheap surp pistols is that most are beat to shit
The Yugo tok's are pretty much all brand new unissued.

Mine came out looking pretty much flawless after I got the cosmoline off.

Attached: 20180816_165019.jpg (4160x2080, 1.81M)

How can you tell the difference between the military surplus M57 tok and the new production civilian yugo tok? Which is better, and why do they keep making them?

The milsurp ones have a crest on top (mine does).
I do kinda want a shiny modern TT, though.

Attached: Zastava M70A.jpg (1000x664, 173K)

All steel on the surface of the world has radiation.

That's why they use pre-nuke shipwreck steel for Geiger counter calibration

Thats why you use half cock

The commercial ones have a safety on the slide.

Attached: 1554865245749.jpg (462x406, 23K)

Why

some US company made custom pins & other parts for cz52 that don't break.
harringtonproducts.com/firing-pins/
Anons recommended them. I personally don't own one yet.

half cock is not a safety. Its for resting your thumb on the trigger. Your thumb becomes the safety. And when there is no longer a threat you remove the round from the barrel. Thats how you work a Tok.

Attached: img60606448.jpg (800x600, 244K)

>resting your thumb on the trigger
HAMMER

Attached: pix108569251.jpg (640x452, 66K)

>A TT33 is perfectly safe if set on half cock,
No it's tucking not you cretin, this is what all those guys in Poland I mentioned thought!
Stop spreading those lies, you'll get someone shot.

>which is the actual safety per the design

Actually he is right here. As retarded as it sounds, it was designed as a cheap safety by the dumb soviet cunts to save a few rubels.
It's not my opinion or from wiki, I had a detailed article on the gun back in the days of buying paperback gun magazines.
Remember we're talking about soviet design that was made to be as simple & cheap to make as possible.

maybe TTs made in other cunts ware safer - like the Egyptian version made by Hungarians - I don't know.
I do know those made in Poland ware identical, so not very safe.

>Actually he is right here.
I saw a news report years ago in India I think where teh local Head cop I think was being followed buy a bunch of other "cops/militia", they where going house to house lookign for a terrorist, and this lead guy had a Tokarev which was on halfcock and he had his thumbon the hammer, I guess so he could get the gun operational in a second and if he fell of something hit his arm or someone grabbed him he still had his thumb as safety" where as if it was full cock and he fell the gun would go off and many be kill him or one of his boys or a ND! It makes sense to work the Tok like that, The firearm also becomes a offensive weapon at that point.

Attached: 1488865544412.jpg (1080x1093, 79K)