Sporty Forty edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: forty.jpg (2200x1467, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYRYTaLGtmA
midwayusa.com/product/1004266671/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-22-23-27-31-32-33-35
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I heard forty and came as soon as I could.

Attached: Sigma SW40F woodland.jpg (3447x2187, 2.73M)

>tfw seriously considering buying a Glock 23 slide for my PF940C
Is .40 and .357 Sig really a meme? I really like the idea of 9mm for plinking and higher power loads for EDC.

What do you anons carry?

40S&W you say ?

Attached: 20160601_103353.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

That ironically looks a lot like an FNP

>FUCKING BURT
OD P99 want much I do.

Cheapest way to acquire a glock 19 slide?

go to the next pawnshop and trade some foodstamps for it

What's the point of these guns? Do you carry them in your underwear and whip it out at some assailant at night?

Attached: 1555191926745.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

you ever hear of concealed carry?

Close, you keep it in your pocket as a backup gun.

Should I buy an HK VP9 or a P30L V3?

I love DA/SA and I love strikers. Help.

Attached: 1546734092961.jpg (447x720, 42K)

I'm going to assume these guns are useful for about 2x your arms reach? Could I carry this gun in my quad/inner tight area around my legs? Or would it cause me discomfort?
Anyway thanks for the time.

B O T H
O
T
H

I don't know how you would draw it but theoretically yes you could do that. Or I dunno just use a pocket holster like regular people.

>I love strikers
y tho? There's nothing loveable about them.

he would be wearing a skirt, obv

Trying to look for a Hi-Power from Gunbroker, but almost all of them won't sell to CA even though it's legal on the roster. Why is it so hard to get a fungun

Attached: XcRFPho.jpg (960x629, 118K)

>.40 swishers and welfare

Leave California you faggot

Attached: 331D55F5-8B90-4506-86D4-2A6136B4674D.jpg (4032x3024, 3.05M)

Do you like DA/SA or LEM more? I've never used LEM.

No, don't leave California you faggot. Or if you do, go to Oregon and live with Burt.

Because California's full of retarded laws and out-of-staters don't want to deal with that bullshit.

I don't have any experience with LEM either. My understanding is that it's basically a two-stage SA trigger. I'm used to DA/SA so I guess it's my preference. I just never really liked the squishyness of strikers.

Tennessee is better

I thought so. I guess I'll have better luck checking out the gun fairs. Pretty fucking sure I'll run into just old guys selling their Hi-Powers for more than $1k.

Attached: 1443407885625.jpg (442x395, 28K)

one is a 40. only 40 i have and will prolly ever have.

Attached: canned ppq.jpg (5184x3456, 2.02M)

Fuck polymer 80 and their out of spec rear rail modules I sent in my pictures and the whole process just to get a new one and they want to tell me my holes are misaligned even tho the working rear rail module for my other p80 works just fine on the "misaligned" lower and they want me to buy a whole new kit this company is a scam

Fawty

Attached: D0F1CB90-FFB1-4535-BF1B-DC1FDD0F975F.jpg (3791x2845, 1.63M)

g40 long boi or g20?

VP9

g20 unless you are actually hunting bears

Nice limited gun

Both

how to fix this? don't want to spend much since I usually just carry my G19 anyway

Attached: 20190418_155239.jpg (2560x1920, 1.98M)

Is it really a "glock killer"?

Attached: 16z_CZP10_R-1024x762.png (1024x762, 165K)

Does it take glock mags?

the grip hurts my delicate hands

From a functional standpoint it does everything as good or a little better than a Glock.
>better stock sights
>better trigger
>better ergos
>same mag capacity
>same length and width (hell it even fits many Glock holsters)
>same reliability
>significantly cheaper (by about $150)
However. Mags are less common and more expensive. Particularly the fullsize mags, since those are fairly new.

If mags come down in price then I'd say absolutely it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=bYRYTaLGtmA

>CHP
only bought mine as a fuck you to California for giving the CHP a gun nobody there can legally own

>Is it really a "glock killer"?
that's like asking if that next MMO you heard about is going to be a "WoW killer".

The Glock legal team wants to know your location.

Tell me something ppqanon, is the PPQ .22's trigger the same as the centerfire ones? It looks the same on the outside but the guns seem too cheap to have complex guts and that repositioned pin makes me think. Could you take a pic of PPQ 22 and PPQ 9mm frames side by side with the slides off pls?

You don't want one anyway user, they're pretty unpleasant to shoot. Just nice to look at!

Fix what?

gloc is too entrenched for that, no, but it is quantifiably better in virtually every way.

Attached: 225.jpg (2000x1276, 636K)

G19 brownells upper for $275

or

G23/32 rockslide upper for $305

Both don't have sights, rmr cut, or gay slide vents. I currently have a PF940C set up with G19 ejector and 3 PMAGs, so I'd need a new ejector and mags if I were to go 23/32.

What do?

If you got the PF940Cv2 it should have come with a .40 ejector. If not, I have a spare I can just give you.

Brownells is proven quality. Rockslide looks better. Is this a fuckaround gun or something you're gonna carry?

>pre 2018
well that sucks since considering it's pre 2018!

The front sight is slightly mushroomed and has a small crack

How unpleasant are we talking about?

Attached: 1465786217974.png (1785x1438, 2.7M)

I've never heard of the polymer80 shipping with an ejector. I actually switched to a gen 4 19 ejector after having some issues with stovepiping and erratic ejection, it completely fixed the problem.

I will be using this as a carry gun.

midwayusa.com/product/1004266671/glock-trigger-housing-with-ejector-glock-22-23-27-31-32-33-35

Ah, yeah I fucked up, my spare came with the Lone Wolf lower completion kit. It comes with a 9 and a 40 ejector.

Still, I have a spare I'll never use.

I appreciate the offer but I'll pass.

Please Tell me about CZ 75 reliability over time

Attached: 49081928-1A3A-4DD0-B9F4-220677953724.png (1920x1340, 1.46M)

Buy a replacement front sight for $5 and install it.

If you don't have tools, which sounds likely, buy a gloc front sight tool.

Let me walk that back and just say not great. "Pretty unpleasant" is too much.

The triggers are really quite bad by any measure, the grips are bulky and recoil isn't as light as you'd expect from an all steel 9mm. Also mag capacity is low, they have magazine disconnects and factory sights are generally very simple with no provision for adjustment. There are plenty worse guns to shoot, Hi Powers are.. okay.

The takedown pin might need replacement after you shoot more rounds than you'd ever shoot in your life but other than that it's comparable to any other 9mm.

Attached: Sunday.jpg (1900x1267, 1.1M)

Competition shooters in my club generally have them rebuilt (new springs, new slide stop) every 20-30k rounds. Theyre still fully functional at that point.
There's a few that have been shooting the same pistol long enough to have 5 million plus rounds on the frame and are on their 7th or 8th barrel, and generally still have the same sear pack and safety or decocker lever. They last extremely well, probably rivaling Berettas in longevity.

what are mormons like bort? we dont have any where I live.

Like any other mid-tier handgun from a good company, it will outlast you and your kids with proper maintenance.

.40 is fucking gay

They used to run a ridiculously attractive blonde girl for proselytizing in our suburb with her quite large male associate who probably said 2 sentences the entire time. I always thought it was a bit weird that they picked a major US city, in the bible belt no less, for her mission, but whatever.

No u

Is that a flare gun?

They're basically perfect citizens. Everyone and everything is treated honorably. Taxes, debt, relationships, business, other religions. There are outliers of course, a few weirdos and jerks, but generally they're respectful and personally responsible in the extreme. Which means they're mostly chill gun dudes who tend not to enjoy vices.

Most of the Mormons I know aren't fundies so they drink caffiene and don't fuck through holes in sheets and don't wear neck to toe underwear and don't go to church at 6am.

btw if you ever receive missionaries at your house, they'll pretty much help you with whatever you ask of them. They're usually young men so aren't full of knowledge but they can help you move shit. lol

They don't go traveling all over, they usually do it locally so she just happens to be from there. I doubt they'd pick her for sex appeal either since that's not part of the religious agenda of abstinence and respect.

>I doubt they'd pick her for sex appeal
She wasn't sleeping with clientele, Burt. But I got some ocean front property in AZ for you if you think that, much like pharma reps, they don't prioritize attractive people for face-to-face sales positions.

After a trigger job, my kebab HiPower has been a joy to shoot.

Attached: _DSC4511.jpg (1800x1200, 353K)

is that the Tisas BR9? How is it?

I'd like to add that it took a lot of adjustment first. A complete spring kit from B&H, a trigger job, thin grips from VZ, and magazine disconnect delete. The upgraded recoil spring really helped smooth out the recoil impulse.

Not bad. I received mine with no firing pin installed, and the importer refused to supply one so I had to get one on ebay for $7.

It's obviously not an FN in terms of finish quality, but I wanted a beater HiPower that I could use for my first proper trigger job attempt, and for that it was perfect. .

these clip grips are surprisingly good. I wouldn't were it to a job with lots of movement but behind a desk or just getting groceries this thing is solid.

Attached: sw442p (1).jpg (2048x1152, 683K)

how are CZ sp-01 Tatical?

Can I just cut the rubber shit off the spurred hammer for a P30 v3 and make a bobbed hammer?

Gonna have to disagree my dude. Mormons selling religion through sex appeal is like Muslims not fucking children or Jews not subverting Western culture. It's incongruous to the religious ethos.

Like what, you're gonna get hooked by the ultrafuckbot missionary, head to a service and forget that there's no sex involved in your commitment for the next 10 years? Makes no sense even extra-religiously.

I got mine pretty good too after a lot of money, parts and work, but after all that there's a harshness to the break I don't enjoy and the reset is still almost nonexistent. But to be fair I was referring to factory Hi Powers

No I'm pretty sure it's metal in there, but you can grind it off. Or trade with somebody who wants a spurred hammer, that's what I did.

gud

Attached: blinged out heaters.jpg (2200x1467, 753K)

What sights do you have on your carry gun?

>trade with somebody who wants a spurred hammer
That'd mean switching to LEM, there are no factory bobbed hammers for v3 P-series guns. Not that I'm opposed to the idea, but I've never shot one before.

Why did John Browning design the hipower in 9mm?

Why didn't he develop a cartridge like he did in the past? Did he think 9mm was that good?

>there's a harshness to the break I don't enjoy and the reset is still almost nonexistent
I won't argue that one, it's still not a target trigger by any means. Trigger work and springs puts it into the "acceptably usable" category.

Attached: _DSC5452.jpg (1711x1200, 595K)

I'd like to get a duty sized 9mm with a rail. Glock 17 is so boring, and I'm drooling over an M9A3 but the price is bit much. Maybe I'm being too picky, but it seems like I always have some major gripe with the popular choices. CZ? Sig? I'm lost

Before you even carry a gun. First become educated on them and their capabilities. This isn't a video game, in real life a snub nose (yes shotguns too) don't become useless past 3 feet.

Ameriglo agents

Seems like that's the case, yeah. Grinding or swapping to LEM seem like the only options.

LEM is like the single action trigger with a long takeup.

Why don't you want the spur?

Well what specifically do you like or want? You're looking at a plastic brick with a crap trigger and an aluminum masterpiece with a great trigger so kind of spanning the gamut there.

>better trigger
>better ergos

Subjective

>calling the G17 a brick
>especially when comparing it to a M9A3

Tripfaggotry at it's finest.

I kind of want a revolver that uses moon clips

Why should I not consider one for a range toy?

Sun mags>moon clips

I'ma get a new HK45. Will get a USP 40 next time a batch of trade-ins drop.

>glockfagging intensifies
Everybody is taking your unbiased opinion very serious right now.

I like the glocks aftermarket, simplicity and durability; hate the brick-ness, trigger, and sights. I like most everything about the M9A3 except the price and maybe the fact that it isn't decocker only. Most of the CZs look hideous with a rail, and I want to avoid being a CZoy boi but I like them for similar reasons as the beretta functionally. The sig P320 worries me with the reliability and drop safety issues, but I like it on paper. In a perfect world I would have a gun with a rail, decent sights, 17+ capacity, good trigger, safety system that allows carry, and okay looking for $700 ish

Crunching numbers on some stuff I want to shoot (45 ACP, 30 Carbine, etc), it looks like commercial is about as cheap as reloaded?
The exception is getting into 30 Army and such older or obscure rounds.

Speaking of, is a Krag-Jorgensen still safe to shoot if it's in good condition?

Just get a M9A1 or 92A1

Reloading will generally save you quite a bit of money. For common stuff like .45acp it won't save a huge amount per round, but you also generally shoot a lot more per session than you would something like .30-40 Krag.

Right now the cheapest .30-40 factory ammo is about $1.50 a round. Even using good jacketed bullets it can be reloaded for under $0.45 a round, and if you want to go with a meh-tier jacketed bullet or a plated bullet you can get it much lower than that.

Right now my Krag and Winchester .30-40 load is
>220gr Hornady Interlock RN
>30.5gr H322
>Federal GMM LR primer
>the same fucking Winchester brass I've been using since the mid 80s because I don't load super hot and it doesn't really stretch
Mild load but still getting about 1900fps from my 26" model 95, with good to great accuracy considering how old it is. Plenty serviceable as a silhouette round.

And yes, Krags are still safe to shoot. They're actually a fairly strong action.

A handlet AND a glocsucker, oof. That's rough man. Sorry.

Well you can't fix the brickness or trigger of a gloc but you can fix the sights.

There is a G-type (decocker-only) M9A3, I believe user said he got a black one for $730 a few weeks ago? You can generally find F-types in the mid- or low-$700s.

What do you mean by czoy boi? What does that even mean to you?

The P320's drop safety thing was fixed like two years ago, wowsers how is that one still hanging on?

What other hangups ya got?

What guns do you like? Do you prefer striker or hammer?

Attached: a3 on wood.jpg (2000x1333, 736K)

>Czoy fagging, everyone is taking your zoy opinions serious now

CZ P-09 with trigger job, or HK P30L with +2 mag extension

Yeah people don't respect that either because it's literally the same thing. What was your stupid point with that comment?

>calling somebody out for brandfagging must mean that you're a brandfag
Nah, i don't even like the p10c, you're just a transparent glock shill. The way they spam "subjective" whenever any gun improves on their glawk perfection in any single area is a dead giveaway.

The brickness doesn't feel in the hand for me, just looks so plain. I know I can swap sights, do aftermarket triggers not help?

I knew they had a G kit. I'd love to know where he found that killer deal, I haven't seen anything close to that even on price aggregation sights

Mostly a joke. I'd say my biggest issue with them is how much the railed models fuck up the nice lines of a 75

Noted

I like hammer fired for the nice trigger but would like to avoid a manual safety if possible. Have had striker guns before, they're fine. If the issues have been fixed with the P320, I may look at the full size or x five. Or just save longer for the M9A3 g

Not really the same. The gun's super light and ya, a center fire striker vs a hammer blow back isnt really going to be the same. Can't do the picture right as I'm outta town and don't have those with me but I can on sunday either in this thread or in the next HG.

On the plus side, I did get something new today.

Attached: 2206-OB2d.jpg (4000x3000, 1.65M)

VP70

It absolutely is subjective, I happen to like the grip angle on the glock. Other glock clones don't have that grip angle. If they did, perhaps my mind might be changed. But they don't. So glock it is for me. How's that glockfagging? Idiot.

>mag capacity
>low
if 14 rounds is "low capacity" I bet you must OC with stendo mags
but you're right that the disconnect is a real pain in the ass

I traded in my xds .45 for a glock 19c for my conceal carry but it seems like it would be too big for summer carry.

I really want a bursa thunder but is the .380 meme really that bad?

Attached: 1465578330901.png (1075x1434, 1.52M)

Anyone got a recommendation for a iwb holster for a Cz compact?

Your foreskin.

You do still have foreskin, right?

You're not...a jew?