Bond Bullpup

What is Jow Forums's opinion on the Bond Arms Bullpup? I think it's a neat breath of fresh air. Also of note is that it's made by the derringer guys of all people. Is Bond Arms going to be like a wood/steel Kel-Tec now?

Attached: Lead-1-1024x684.jpg (1024x684, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UeatH4blaRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too expensive for what it is

Attached: bond-bullpup-animation-gif-ready-Edit-no-bg-700.gif (700x394, 421K)

I'd like a full-size, would be cool to get a long barrel in a duty gun

It might be neat for getting that extra bit of barrel length into a pistol competition gun.
Also, and hear me out here, this same style action with a long slide on a broomhandle-style pistol. For a very comfy grip on a gun with very big mags. Of course, it's not a bullpup then, but very nice set of features nonetheless.

I thought this thing was cool before bond got ahold of it, but they really seem like they went out of their way to improve the design. I really don't know why this isn't way higher up on my wishlist of stuff aside from constant talk about more orders than production.

I fuckin want one.

>a wood/steel Kel-Tec
Holy shit yes please.

Attached: 1537222058444m.jpg (910x1024, 81K)

They're neat, but I've heard rumors that they tend to unseat bullets and rip rims off cartridges. Bullets aren't really designed to be yanked on that fast when they're still loaded.

Completely meaningless in terms of practical application, but neat as absolute hell.
I don't really give half of a flying fuck about collecting handguns but I'm tempted.

I can totally believe that. There are some shitty rounds out there and bullet seating tightness isn't usually a high priority.
The locked breech rotating barrel might be an even more interesting (and arguably more practical) feature of the gun.

Really cool design and looks, and I would absolutely love to have one as a range toy, but it's just too expensive to justify, and it's pretty picky about ammo. I've also heard that it needs regular maintenance beyond the typical cleaning, which makes it not the perfect carry piece. Cool nonetheless though

I'd think quality brass would be fine, but I could see aluminum and steel case getting mangled.

So sexy do want

Too pricey and too picky, with ammo.

Extremely expensive, but really nice looking. I don't have any experience with Bond Arms, but all of their derringers are expensive as fuck. are they a quasi "luxury" brand?

It's an interesting gun but for the same price you could get a MUCH nicer rifle or other handgun.

I might buy one in 10mm

that thing look sexy as a mf

Attached: 1540631380077.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I have a brain tumor that causes me to love bullpups so I plan on getting one. Wish they weren't so expensive or otherwise I would already have one.

isnt that the boberg xr-9?

Bond bought the design from Boburg and started actually producing thousands of them instead of just shitposting and selling 500 a year.

>HK loaded mag
For those who don't know the slide extracts the cartridge from the rear, instead of pushing the round from the magazine like traditional handguns.
Because of this I've heard people have had bullet-case separation issues with these, but who knows.

Attached: IMG_20190227_152705.jpg (4048x3036, 3.78M)

If you watch the videos, it looks like Bond is very aware of the case separation issues. They address it in the informational videos on the gun's webpage.
It sounds like its dependent on whether the ammo is crimped or not. They have a list of "approved" ammo that doesn't separate during feeding due to the case crimp.

Here's a link to the shooting video:
youtube.com/watch?v=UeatH4blaRs
He actually loads "known bad" uncrimped ammo to intentionally get it to separate mid-feed, then shows how to unjam it.

In one of their other videos, the guy mentions they're using the same lubricating coating as Anderson in order to prevent the previous cycling problems that were caused by greasing/antisieze application. Previously, if you got a case separation, unburnt powder would make a nasty paste throughout the gun. Now, with the Anderson coating, he just pulls the slide off and blows the powder out before running another mag through it.

I'm impressed, honestly. It looks like they improved the hell out of this thing before putting it into production.
I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it were $650 or so.