Ruger Bearcat

Wife's uncle sent me a Ruger Bearcat.

He says its from the mid 1960s.

It maked a very satisfying click when you pull back the hammer.

He said i should keep it as a kit gun.

From what ive read this is a valuble gun? But hiw often do you really need a kit gun? Should i sell it?

Attached: 20190418_191524.jpg (3226x2419, 1.84M)

You're a faggot that doesn't understand how priceless useful family gifts are

its not a heirloom. the man is a compulsive gun shopper who randomly buys guns and then they sit in his gun room til he sells them. he said he has shot it once and he doesnt like it because it is super picky about ammo.

hes trying to get me into guns. tell me why i should like this gun.

>Revolver
>Picky about ammo
Huh? How does that work?
Unless he was shooting bubba’s reloads, shouldn’t almost anything work flawlessly in a revolver?

ive only shot CCI out of it but the chambers are very very tight. its almost a chore to knock the spent cases out of the chambers. at first i thought it might be wax buildup from poor gun hygiene but it seems like the chambers have are just a very tight fit.

Hang on to that, they don't make em like that anymore.

>he said he has shot it once and he doesnt like it because it is super picky about ammo.
Revolvers don't do that. It sounds like he ginned up a good excuse to give it to you and you're being a dick about it. Try accepting a nice gift with good grace and go shoot it.

this. some semiautos do have feeding/ejecting issues but revolvers aren't picky, OP. hammer goes down and stuff comes out the barrel or it explodes.

no you should not sell it. thank him and go shooting with him. you might even figure out to open your wallet and buy him some ammo.

you should like it because it's well made, and because it represents a time before marxists invaded America. it'll shoot all day long for pennies a round, and will even catch you a rabbit or squirrel if you needed it to. and because it was a gift from a blood relation. if the mainspring does need to be replaced (light strikes or maybe your uncle was just using bad ammo, rimfire is notorious) it's a super easy fix you could do yourself. never part with it. unless you want to give it away to me.

not tryna be a dick. trying to determine if its a pretty pariah or something that i just need to get used to and keep. its genuinely neat ill admit. its just contradictory to keep as a kit gun when what ive read its worth 500. i dont want an expensive revolver without a transfer bar jumbling around in my hiking bag. motivation to have a daughter so she can shoot it i suppose.

You must either be a commie, or a faggot or both to consider selling a family owned gun passed down to you! Fucking Faggot Commie!

>he needs motivation to breed
Hahaha holy fuck

>thinks 500$ is alot of money
>gets a nice gift from family, wants to sell it.

your so wrong about life I cant even begin to tell you.

not to encourage OPs faggotry but having a daughter IS a terrifying proposition in this age.

>i dont want an expensive revolver without a transfer bar
You don't know how many people would disagree

I have a son, thanks.

he was pretty impersonal about it. the man hemorrhages guns. there is a running family joke that the uncle in question gives guns away so he can buy new ones.

$500 is a lot for something ill likely never use in a practical way

fuck you faggot i want it.

its a fucking piece of Americana.

i hope your daughter shoots you with it when she finds you sucking a commie dick

Your wife's son doesn't count

>family gives you something nice
>immediately try to sell it

Zoomers are indeed worse than boomers.

>Salty they dont have a nice vintage revolver.

But really OP it sounds like he wasnt trying to make a big deal about giving you a nice piece. If you havent done a lot of shooting then this is about the best introduction you could get. Take it to a gunsmith and have it checked out. Teach your kid(s) to shoot with it. Its a wonderful little gun and you should be thankful.

OP here. Thanks for the advice you salty fucks.

Ill keep the gun. Sounds like he was downplaying the quality.

It's a cool gun and a fun plinker. Nobody in my family ever gave me guns. :(

>the man hemorrhages guns
buy a leather holster for the bearcat off ebay or etsy and send him a pic of your wife carrying it. He'll probably give you more guns.