Confirmed, 24 metal mags fit in 50 cal can

One of you fuckers called me a poorfag and dared me, so I got my 24 all stainless 30 round m16 bois in the mail today and confirmed they fit with room to spare in 50 cal cans (i can only find plastic here), same profile as normal metal mags.

Should I load them with the M193 I have already or load them with the M855 on stripper clips I have coming (i was going to use the M855 and refill the stripper clips with the M193, but then I'll have empty boxes to fill again, what should I fill those with?)

I have a 20" boi, and soon a 16" and a 10.5"

Attached: stainlessbois.jpg (1008x756, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ME-TOO-T-Shirt-Join-Movement/dp/B07JW4LWFX?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2596944011&customId=B07537RLJX&th=1
amazon.com/CVLIFE-Release-Adapter-Included-Shooting/dp/B074VX8Y55/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

M193 out of a 20” is best, soft points are unironically better than hollow points because they’re more reliable at expanding.

are you really this insecure that you have to respond when someone calls you poor?
you must actually be poor
lmao

no one cares

M193 for plinking, M855 for SHTF.
>hurr
No. Combat isnt shooting dudes 3 yards away while they wear a T Shirt, it's shooting through cover, shooting people with body armor, shooting through brush and other shit. The fact that M193 didn't pass NATO trials should tell you something.

>why didn’t a round optimized for a 20” barrel fail with a 16”???
>m855 ice picking and inferior accuracy to m193

What can is that? The metal 50s are smaller, and I really need to find some to store my loaded mags. Fat 50s are maybe, but mine haven't come in yet.

Good work user! I applaud your effort to prove the fricker wrong

betcha cant get 25 mags in there, pussy

How many pmags will fit?

What brand of can is it? I don't recognize it

I'm autistic enough to like organization, so I'd rather standardize on one thing if it gets me something extra.

Pretty sure you can stuff 24 mags with a mix or maybe even just pmags if you flip them upside down, but it'll be aesthetically ugly.

I'm not poor or rich. I have no debt, I have savings and I have 50k retirement savings. I think housing prices are too ridiculous so I won't buy one until they get cheaper so I'm housing poor. I've donated $1000 to pro gun rights groups in the last month.

I can afford an Acog but I won't buy one because I think that's too much.. >shrug

All of the plastic 50 cal cans I've found at the big box stores are the same size. This is Vital Impact brand, there's also MTM and Plano. I bought a metal 50 cal that was just 840 556's and it was just a double wide 30 cal can and not really a 50 cal can and the box isn't tall enough or I don't have the balls to risk smashing the feedlips to fight whatevers giving resistance. The plastic 50 cal cans are recessed and just slip over with no resistance/contact on the mags.

Probably Harbor Freight. I want to can my mags, but PSA mailed them to me wrapped in cellophane as bricks and they have that upper middle class drug dealer aesthetic. I've got them all in a duffle bag.

>How many pmags will fit?

20, but 24 might work if you flip some upside down to compensate for the fatter base plate. Metal mags are the same width their entire length.

How many wil fit in a 30 cal ammo can?

did you at least cut *one* of those packages open with a switchblade?

M855 doesn't always tumble, M194 doesn't always fragment. Shit happens. M855 is superior at distance for penetration while M193 does better through velocity dependent mediums up close.

I picked M855. If I wanted a fragmenting bullet I'd honestly just get Tula and not bother with brass at all.

>tfw akfag
>tfw ak mag ergonomics
STANAG PRIVILEGE MUST END

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

m855 is worse in every way to m193 tard.

m855 is garbage

Impressive.

*Most* impressive.

Now how much does that fucker weigh if you load them all...? I keep my stripper clips stowed in .30 cans, and while 45 will fit I find 30 is about as much weight as I care to haul around comfortably.

Attached: darth-vader-face.jpg (1024x768, 68K)

>WONT penetrate shit at point blank range
>Not as accurate as M193
>more expensive

Based 193
>will penetrate level 3 hard plates at close range
>more accurate
>manages to penetrate cover more due to how fast it's going vs m855

never buy the plastic ones they are shit, the chinese made metal cans that go on sale for like $4 sometimes are actually really good and seal perfectly.

I got 28 in mine. Two rows of 7 laying down then two rows of 7 upright.

>How many wil fit in a 30 cal ammo can?

Not enough, and certainly not standing up. I think like 5 or 6?

28 is impressive.

24 aka 720 rounds vs 400 rounds in boxes for comparison. storing mags with ammo is denser than just storing ammo for me at almost a 2:1 ratio.

Attached: storagebois.jpg (1008x756, 308K)

If you weren't a poor fag, those mags would be HK

8 metal bois

Vital Impact. Plano is same dimensions. I think MTM would be fine too.

Attached: IMG_20190418_171323237.jpg (3024x4032, 3.05M)

god dammit. wrong pic.

HK mags?

These are just my insurance against pmags cracking.

Attached: 30calbois.jpg (756x1008, 222K)

Why the fuck are you not buying gold dots?

He actually bothered to go do something. A bit more balls than you’ll ever have lol.

it really doesn't matter what you shoot if you know how to use it properly.

Mags also make great shims to keep your mtm ammo crates from sloshing around when using the 9mm / 45mm 100 boxes.420 rounds in mags. Shim Bois

Attached: shimbois.jpg (1008x756, 274K)

Based OP thread bad posters

>Why the fuck are you not buying gold dots?

What's a gold dot

Attached: mfw3[1].png (45x56, 6K)

Speer gold dots. You know one of the two most successful and widely used ammo lines in the US...

Bought like a pound of these things and throw in an ounce to every box. Some have turned pink within a few weeks and I keep my place 40% humidity. I'm guessing I overfilled those boxes and broke the seal. Overnight at 220F in the oven and they're good as new. Mega pack on amazon is a buy once for life thing for $20 vs $10 for each of the stupid metal ones.

Attached: drybois.jpg (756x1008, 221K)

>Speer gold dots. You know one of the two most successful and widely used ammo lines in the US...

I've honestly never seen them for sale and I live across the street from the biggest vendor in my state.

Seems to be all about Federal/American Eagle here and Winchester as far as deals in the Northwest.

>How many pmags will fit?
I did ~22. I ran out tho.

Attached: nice.png (807x605, 823K)

That one 50 cal can emptied the entire green chunk of this ammo crate or two of the ammo boxes.

Attached: IMG_20190331_162637329.jpg (756x1008, 362K)

I'm the one who called you a poor faggot talking shit online

I'm glad that it took you getting this butthurt over an user's comment to make you stop acting like a bitch and actually buy something instead of taking time out of your day flexing like a walmart car mechanic saying 'yep, I been thinkin bout buyin a few more mags but i dunno"

you're still a faggot

Attached: c922e0467aa6f5c02bbe327bdd37b01063bd7478c0af711bd3c2369740dc63bd[1].png (125x111, 18K)

OP, what brand 50cal ammo box is that?

You're either blind or retarded. Buy online tho shits expensive, but it has great terminal ballistics and punches through shit like autoglass and door panels well. Hornady TAP and federal ranger are also great loads.

Fair enough.

Attached: feelsokay[1].png (80x53, 6K)

Vital Impact. Plano has similar dimensions. Someone else in another thread showed that 50 cal metal cans also worked, I just have faux 50 cal metal cans that don't work (they're labeled 840 556 and is just two 30 cals side by side instead of being taller like a 50 cal)

Attached: memegun.png (807x605, 852K)

It's the most fun you can have in minecraft.

Attached: IMG_20190331_140141714.jpg (1512x2016, 939K)

Thanks. I bought a can from "smartloader" brand, its ok but not 100% square. I fucking hate plastic.

Can i have you'r monster energy if you are not gonna drink it? Could use a sip right about now...

Plastic ammo cans do not seal, that is why they turned pink, I've opened metal cans from 10 years ago and they were still good to go.

MTM also sells this
amazon.com/ME-TOO-T-Shirt-Join-Movement/dp/B07JW4LWFX?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2596944011&customId=B07537RLJX&th=1

Fat bois. 29.2 pounds for the whole box of stainless loaded mags of 720 rounds M193.

Attached: fatbois.jpg (756x1008, 239K)

>Probably Harbor Freight.

Harbor freights 50 cal cans are 6 7/8" inside. You need at least 7". Plastic 50 cal cans are at least 7" before the rubber seal, the lid is recessed and allows even taller stuff than 7".

are you going to store your mags loaded? is that a good idea? loaded fully or like 26 rounds?
>but mine haven't come in yet.
are you guys cali cucks waiting on benitez mags?>41226245
also supposedly storing pmags loaded will make them break over time

>Probably Harbor Freight

6 7/8" listed inside diameter. Here's what I measure.

Attached: sizeboi.jpg (1008x756, 181K)

>are you going to store your mags loaded? is that a good idea? loaded fully or like 26 rounds?

Yes. The metal will handle it. The plastic might not. All stainless mags so I can guarantee I'll have something to hand down to my grandchildren, they cost the same as the ammo to fill them once so why not.

Steel and titanium can act like springs without deforming until they exceed their range and deform. Magazines do not get anywhere close to this 'deform' level of compression, otherwise they'd break the first time you loaded them.

Attached: magnifier[1].png (70x56, 8K)

>are you guys cali cucks waiting on benitez mags?

No, OregonFag reporting in. PSA has been taking 20 days to deliver since the Cali mag thing and they had M855 on stripper with box for same price as M193 on sale bulk locally.

Attached: jew[1].gif (56x56, 6K)

>Steel and titanium can act like springs without deforming until they exceed their range and deform. Magazines do not get anywhere close to this 'deform' level of compression, otherwise they'd break the first time you loaded them.

yeah i was more wondering about compressing the spring fully over long term. i know the meme people say "muh springs dont lose springyness by overcompression just repeated ussage is what wears them out"
but thats obviously false since you can easilytell for yourself brand new springs are tight as fuck and you definitely feel the tension decrease after loading it and people even say "just leave new springs fully loaded for a few days to break them in"

well which is it, you cant have it both ways. either fully compressing springs over time takes away their tension or it doesnt. you cant "break in" springs by leaving them loaded but claim they only lose tension from repeated use

i dont have much personal experience yet from testing but im leaning towards not leavnig springs fully loaded to rely upon them, downloading by 1 or 3 rounds seems smart

>all these plastic cans
Fucking stop

Imagine thinking a few grains of steel actually has any energy to punch through anything. Maximum brainlet mode activated lmao.

it's the compression cycle that breaks the spring in, loading and unloading

are those plastic hinge pins?

Do they have these at the harbor freight store or online only? I've got one down the road I might go pick a few up. Did the lid close ok? If not I can't stack em, I'm mostly wanting it for boxed ammo anyway desu

Did you unbox factory ammo and put it in reloading boxes?

Harbor freight ones are 1/4" too short i think. Need 7 1/8" height.

I think the cans do use plastic hinges. The latch is metal tho.

Yeah I emptied factory boxes into reloading boxes. Not really any benefit aside from easier to do inventory.

>buying hazard fraud ammo cans that are made in china plastic
>when you could just fucking get ammo cans at gun shows for less than $2 a piece
If you really wanted to you can get them off government auctions by the pallet and pay even less per can, getting a pallet of a few hundred or so

post your guns

lol poorfag

you too:

Nah I think I'll just post $200 worth of the absolute bottom barrel magazines and the cheapest drybox possible.

Anybody got a source for non-shitty condition GI ammo cans, preferably the smaller .30 cal size? They were always dirt cheap, but now for some reason they can't be had for less than $15-$20, plus shipping.

noguns confirmed

Lashing out won't make you any less of a poorfag

Attached: 517.jpg (248x233, 9K)

Do you plan on using these mags? That would be a royal pain in the ass to lug back and forth to the range. Although, this being Jow Forums, it would make sense that all you do is prep without ever actually using the guns...

>shrug

All the 50 cal cans I can find are the same size as this, and they're too short. I tried just one mag and closed the lid and it didn't rattle at all because the lid was pressing on the feedlips tightly. There's also a 'bump' in the middle of the cans that gives even less clearance.

I'm not confident in any metal can to not crush the magazines when the lid is closed.

Attached: IMG_20190419_121633615.jpg (1008x756, 215K)

On behalf of the state of Oregon I apologize for this retard that likes posting images for ants.

>Do you plan on using these mags?

No. I prefer to use windowed pmags. This is just insurance in case they ban them and they crack from old age.

>On behalf of the state of Oregon I apologize for this retard that likes posting images for ants.

Attached: MRETacticalColors_2.5x3.5_Blk_1024x1024@2x[1].jpg (2000x2000, 801K)

>assuming im the opie
why are you on this board if you don't own guns? europoor?

Quiet, poorfag. No one values your input.

quiet noguns. no one values your input.

Attached: IMG_20190325_164812.jpg (2250x4000, 2.15M)

What biopid is that?

>I think housing prices are too ridiculous so I won't buy one until they get cheaper so I'm housing poor.
Not just poor, dumb too!

>One of you fuckers called me a poorfag and dared me, so
You are such a hopeless normalfag. Take your fat ass back to r/guns where you belong.

>What biopid is that?

$17

amazon.com/CVLIFE-Release-Adapter-Included-Shooting/dp/B074VX8Y55/

They also have a more expensive model that uses a thumb screw instead of quick release mount, I don't like that model because the threads of the bolt will dig into the rails. Looks identical to the more expensive harris bipods at the store.

Thanks.
Looking for a bipod for my a4 clone but I know fuck all about them.

>Anybody got a source for non-shitty condition GI ammo cans, preferably the smaller .30 cal size?

All the big box stores seem to have them but they're expensive.

.30 cal cans are woefully undersized, stuff just doesn't fit into them very well. You'll need 2-4x more 30 cals than 50 cals to store the same thing. Consider mocking one up in cardboard and tape before buying one, they just don't hold ammo boxes efficiently.

>Not just poor, dumb too!

Quiet you. I have a patent for turning your computer screen pixels into a camera.

>Looking for a bipod for my a4 clone but I know fuck all about them.

It attaches to the QD sling mount stud that comes on the quick disconnect rail adapter, but some non AR rifles have these already or you can buy a stud and screw it into the stock.

I've seen a few that attach directly to the rails without needing the QD adapter but the low cost ones had terrible reviews.

Once they're attached they're solid. The process of attaching them however is fiddly as fuck getting the fingers into the QD stud, thankfully the quick disconnect QD adapter lets you pull it off the rail quickly so you don't have to directly unmount the bipod.

It's heavy and it will pinch your fingers like hell until you learn where to put your hands when closing it. It gives a satisfying sound with the spring ejecting the feet out and locking into position and is solid. Flip the legs up and push the buttons again to drop them back and then push on the feet to charge up the spring for the next release or let gravity do its thing.

The damn QD adapter is $15 alone at the store across the street from me, so there's value here. The 'nut' that holds the tensioning bolt is three flat pieces of sheet metal which seems crude as hell however but hasn't given me any problems so far. I liked my first one so I bought a second.

It's a bit fiddly on an ar since it interferes with the normal sling mount pretty easily.

10/22 stock can't take bipod unless I swap it out with a $70+ one or put a screw in.

Henry's feeling shy today.

Attached: 22.jpg (1008x756, 385K)

Highlighted the stud that most bipods connect to. The Mlok or whatever ones looked sexy.

Attached: IMG_20190419_162116327.jpg (2016x1512, 1.14M)

Folds up securely, it's a tight fit getting it into the 10$ fabric case I got tho,.

Attached: IMG_20190419_162749020.jpg (933x275, 97K)

then why do you have to leave them loaded overnight or a few days?

take a new mag and load it up and leave it for a week or two loaded. now unload and reload, and make a note of the tension.

now take another new mag and load it up then immediately unload it. now load it up again, does it feel exactly the same tightness? how does it compare? this is most noticeable with cuck state 10 round pistol mags like the glock mag. you will see getting that 10th round in is a fucking bitch until you leave it loaded for a few days to break it

have you tried laying the mags flat instead? like just rearrange the bullet feeding device so the longest side of the box is parallel with floor of the 50 cal can

>have you tried laying the mags flat instead? like just rearrange the bullet feeding device so the longest side of the box is parallel with floor of the 50 cal can

like this?

14 total.

Attached: IMG_20190419_164805090.jpg (743x591, 139K)

>springs wear

Car springs get cycled millions of times and are in essentially a random state of tension for prolonged periods of time.

Titanium and Steel/Iron have the spring ability, everything else doesn't.

This has actually been thoroughly tested and the definitive answer is YES, loaded mags cause spring weakness over time. This can be seen in 1-3 years easily. BUT this weakness in your magazine spring doesn't change the feed reliability of it. Perhaps after 10 or 20 years you might see feeding issues but that is what independent testing has shown.

12 like this in "50 cal" (840 556) metal can.

Attached: IMG_20190419_170408743.jpg (756x1008, 234K)

Actually thinking steel is better than plastic for long term storage.
O-okay.

Fuck off, faggot.