/sgg/: Shotgun General

Shotgun barrels are like age of consent laws: The legal minimum is 18, but everyone knows that 14 would make way more sense.

Post your scatterguns - long or short - here.

Attached: 246l71.jpg (700x393, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4
gun.deals/product/midland-backpack-20-ga-26-single-shot-shotgun-9999
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

20'" long boi reporting in

Attached: 56209912.jpg (184x1024, 27K)

I do have a pair of 14's - a TAC-14 and a Mossberg Shockwave.

Attached: IMG_1825s.jpg (4272x2848, 2.5M)

epic...

Attached: 95372761-027F-4348-9EE1-F8B6AB5A3EB7.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

Bumping for shotgats

14 would be perfect actually

Attached: 1359527650655.jpg (519x389, 43K)

SBSchads where you at

Attached: Pistol shotgun.jpg (4032x1962, 3.97M)

>big cat tiddies
nice

/thread. OP is a pedophile and should be drawn and quartered.

holy shit daddy im horny

Not mine but good nonetheless

Attached: canada_sbs.jpg (1783x998, 805K)

Is there any point to high brass or brass shells today other than aesthetics? How reloadable are they?

brass base shells seem to extract more reliably in my 870; they're less "sticky" than the cheap target loads. I dunno if they're better for reloading, but probably.

Picking up a Lynx 12 this weekend. Prettt excited, have some mod ideas already

Who makes a 12ga SxS coach gun with a 18 to 20in barrel that's not Brazilian or Chinese? Preferably with no external hammers. I have the JW-2000 already and Stoeger is Brazilian. Halp.

Double barreled pump-action reporting in

Attached: EA0DE292-1CEC-46E7-9DA6-827FA274A8A1.jpg (2048x1883, 853K)

Is that child one foot tall?

'stendo tube is on backorder. Love my big beefy triangle stock.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-19-03-03-01.png (720x1280, 441K)

My Mav.

Attached: mav882018.jpg (750x1000, 228K)

Ayy you're that user that suggested me that stock. I finished mine, I'll post it when I get home, it's really comfy

Also I need a side saddle/velcro piece on mine. Still haven't shot it yet but I'm excited to

I just got a 590A1 in basically brand new condition for $400.
Looking at doing some shotgun classes and maybe some hunting with it.
Also going to switch the Nordic extension for a S&J +1 so that it will be flush with the muzzle.

Attached: 20190413_073918.jpg (4032x1960, 2.31M)

>the moment she fire the gun,her entire arm is broken in to pieces.
my ryona powerlevel is rising.

Has anyone ever shot a SPAS? I was thinking of picking one up but wanted to know if they were fun. I don’t care if it has any practical use or not.

Attached: 7179FF8B-030F-4683-B7F7-24DA6AD7EA6B.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

I love long rifles and full sized handguns, but when it comes to shottys I can’t get over the short boyz. I think shotguns are more aesthetic the more compact they are for whatever reason.

Attached: B047396D-4DB2-4185-BCF7-D0A26680B53A.jpg (600x450, 24K)

I bet my shockwave is prettier than yours

Full brass is pretty much exclusively for the aesthetic, or maybe some weird hybrid black powder loads

Is a 4 Gauge Shotgun a good HDW?

I love my ithaca
Also have a 590a1 but it feels like shit compared to the ithaca

Attached: received_864192897252720.jpg (1920x934, 140K)

Awww yisss. Shot my A5 a couple weeks ago. Love the thing. Got it for $325.

Attached: 33793657-AC33-4494-8CA9-BC0163EE0B0D.jpg (3886x1624, 1.36M)

Where the fuck did you find a decent a5 for so cheap

Pawn shop

Oh and this ones really gonna tickle your fancy. Its an A5 magnum made in Belgium.

I have not, but do it anyways

I'm in the minority of people here who doesn't really give a shit about shotguns with barrels less than 26"

Attached: IMG_20190115_182934110.jpg (4032x3024, 1.1M)

You know I was going to start a thread for my question, but since I saw this thread at the top of the front page I'll just ask it here.

I want to get a new self-defense Shotgun for my birthday next month, I was really interested in getting the New Kel-Tec KS7, but I don't think it will come out until July or August. Another shotgun I'm interested in that I know will be available is one of those Chinese Saiga clones, but they only come with a five round magazine and I'm on a limited budget and can't afford to buy an extended magazine(that's also why I'm not considering getting a Vepr). I've also heard that shotgun shells get deformed in box magazines and results in feeding and extraction issues.

So which would be the better gun, the Saiga clone or the KS7?

They both sound like explosions waiting to happen.
If you cant even afford magazines maybe you should just wait in general and go with a tried and true pump action.

Attached: 20190419_150430.jpg (1069x4032, 1.8M)

They aren't as sexy, but a pump is a better budget choice.

Attached: 1366218064710.jpg (1280x960, 303K)

I've owned one for a few years.
It's a cool collector's piece and is pretty fun to blast stuff with on semi-auto,
shooting it in pump-action mode is kind of a chore since the pump is very stiff because of the design,
but is far from the most comfortable shotgun to shoot out there.
The folding stock kind of digs into your cheek when you are shooting it.
If you do get one, you have to make sure and replace all the rubber/plastic internal components like the receiver buffer,
since the original ones would have crumbled or cracked by now and become useless.
And if you don't replace them, the bolt will slam into the back of the receiver and possibly cause it to crack.

Attached: JLvDMd4.jpg (4032x2268, 1.15M)

these posts make me want to go back to that style of stock

ready for suicide

What do you have on yours now?
I like the look of the Magpul SGA and the grip angle is supposed to be comfy, but wood is definitely the best looking stock

Mine is this one
It's a shitty pic. It's comfy as fuck and the wood one I had is chipped and the LOP is a bit too short. Plus the hand guard was cracked pretty bad.

Jesus Christ

Attached: 1552945267691.png (665x1182, 899K)

Oh finally a general. Been striking out in the qtddtot's.
I have a .22 and a walther 9mm, but want to get a mossberg 590 for the customization, though nothing crazy. My problem is they always feel a bit too long for me. Im a tad shy of 5'8, and I know I can change the stock, I just dont want to lose the aesthetic of a solid stock as opposed to the more tacticool ones that fold or extend. Which would you guys reccomend? Any tips or hints to know when buying one? Also, Ive just been thinking about going to my local academy for mine, is this a yay or nay? All my pawn shops are shady, and local gun stores charge more than Id wanna pau pay out.

Get a shockwave with a brace, 14 inch won't get you any duck hunting but it's plenty fine for close range deer and bird like grouse and pheasant. It's a ton of fun

if you have a POS chinese 1887 that wont feed /eject for shit, you'd be surprised how well it works with 2 1/2" brass shells

if i was a prepper i'd want brass shells as part of my reloading components since my pastic ones will eventually wear down

failing both of those points im gonna have to say aesthetics

Its really for home defense and potential hunting if I can ever get my foot in that door. For someone like me that wants it to be a jack of all trades, if I only used an 18 inch barrel, would I be handicapping myself if I tried to hunt with it?

Same as before. You'd get a couple more yards out of it than a shockwave, but you're not going to be able to reliably kill high flying birds or large game that's farther than ~25 yards or so depending on your ammo. Less hassle threading an 18 inch barrel though

Ideally you'll want a 14"/18" barrel for defensive use and a longer (24"+) for hunting. You can still take game with a short barrel, you just need to be closer. Usually the problem is that 18" barrels aren't threaded for chokes, which limits your range.

Check out Brobee223. His videos are super comfy and he there are some Shockwave deer hunts and patterning videos.
youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4

Who has non-walmart tier shotgun gear?

Attached: 20190419_190230.jpg (1080x755, 724K)

>They both sound like explosions waiting to happen
The Saiga clones, maybe, but why the Kel-Tec? It's just a slimmed down KSG, which I've heard is pretty good.

Any disadvantages to running those tactical strippers?

whoops forgot name was still on

They look pretty neato
But how functional are they?

>jack of all trades
Easy, get a Remington 870. Jow Forums gives them a lot of shit, but I have bought two in the past few years and they haven't rusted. The rust problems seem to be from a few years back. One of mine rusted a bit on the bead pedestal, but otherwise they're fine.

If you only want ONE barrel, buy an 870 predator/turkey model. They come with a 21" barrel that has a rib and is threaded for chokes.

If you don't mind swapping barrels, you can get an 18" model instead and also a spare long boi for hunting. 21" isn't much longer than a 18 though. 18" cylinder bore is fine for small game, it's only if you're hunting fowl you want a choke. 21" is fine ducks and turkey. The only time you really want a longer barrel is when you're hunting goose and really want that extra bit of velocity. Remington has a big advantage with all the barrel variety when compared to Mossberg.

You talked about changing the stock, and 870's have a ton of options. Magpul has spacers and you can adjust it down quite a bit. Hogue short LOP 12" and 13" stocks are also available if you don't like the space gun aesthetic of Magpul.

Drill out the mag tube dimples and you can get either a +2 extension if you have a 18" barrel, or a +3 if you want to match up with a 21" barrel. Of course you can do a bigger extension with the 18" if you don't mind it sticking out past the barrel. Keep your old end cap and spring if you want to shorten it for hunting. I just cut a dowel to match how many rounds I have to limit my gun to if I'm hunting with my longer mag tube. When there's no shells in them they don't really add much weight.

If you want to add a light, just get a cheap mag tube clamp with a rail. Or upgrade to a Magpul or railed forend if you don't mind space shotguns.

Overall though if you want the cheapest route to a jack of all trades gun, get the 21" barrel model and a +3 extension. I recommend Nordic, and get Nordic's clamp rail as well. Then you're set.

Attached: 1454012015643.jpg (736x373, 153K)

I bought a m590a1. 8 shots with 4 round holder in buttstock havent shot it yet. probably will go tomorrow. seems good.

Stripper caddies are great. Because they used to be the competition gear of choice before double and quad loading became a thing, people think they're gamer gear that aren't practical, but they're really not. They hold shells secure, you just need to practice loading with them for them to be worth it.

The California Competition Works one attached to my rig has a forked wire spring clip that's meant for belts but also works on MOLLE. It has a spring loaded looped wire retainer (hard to explain, too lazy to take a picture) at the top so shells will not fall out of the top no matter what. You have to pull with quite a bit of force to remove them. They come with spacers and velcro tabs to stick on the sides of the inside to adjust for shell lengths, so they can work with 2.75" and 3" shells. The only issue might be if you have shells that don't fit will with any spacer combo, they might rattle around after a few are removed. The cheap S&B 2.75" buck I have in it fit very snugly with one spacer so they don't rattle at all. They're also cheap but still durable. Good deal if you want to try them out.

The Gunner Solutions Ez8 in the top corner is a different beast altogether. It's more expensive and the plastic is thinner and less durable so it's definitely more prone to breakage. But at the same time, it's completely adjustable with a slider on the sides for any length of shells, so no rattle if you adjust it right. It also has a spring loaded flap of kydex on the back, so even if you pull shells out, the shells are being pushed against the front of the caddy and they won't slide up. They're not as secure as the CC overall, but I can hold them upside down and shake them and shells won't fall out. They're also angled outwards, while the CC sits fairly flat, so they're not as suited to running them on top of a rifle mag pouch on a chest rig or a carrier because they stick out a lot. They're great on a belt though.

Attached: 11850244_157289611280638_1425297710_n.jpg (1080x1080, 167K)

gib photo

Attached: 1554169943708.jpg (1815x556, 520K)

I need a mean big brake and one of those sage collapsible stocks

Attached: IMG_20190401_203302_840.jpg (720x1280, 199K)

Attached: 456783218563.jpg (678x1210, 325K)

Jesus Christ. Canadians get fucked hard, but can't they go out and buy a Norinco 97 clone and do this to it without any hassle? Fuck. That thing is beautiful.

>everyone knows that 14 would make way more sense.

bruh...naw.

Attached: bulldog.gif (464x468, 95K)

If we cut a barrel below 18" it becomes a prohibited device. If it's manufactured to be less than 18", it's fine. Think of it similarly to how in America you can't create a "pistol" or "any other weapon" or "firearm" (Shockwave/Tac14) if it started it's life with a longer barrel.

I guess the idea was that the only reason someone would cut a barrel shorter is if they were intending to commit a crime, and they had a stolen firearm, but if you bought the firearm or barrel that way, you were already a licensed firearm owner and just wanted it for fun or any other lawful purpose.

But yeah, manual action guns have no barrel length, only overall limit, as long as the barrel is from a factory and not cut down. For example, I have a Chinese 870 clone with a full stock and a 8.5" barrel like and it's legal. I also have a 14" 870 with a Raptor grip (pic related, my baby). They're both over 26" overall so they're hassle free on the standard license and I can do whatever I want with them. If I put the raptor grip on the 8.5" though it becomes a restricted firearm, at which point I need a restricted license (just as easy to get as the regular license), I have to register it, and I also am limited to only using it at an approved range. Storage and transport requirements are also a little more strict.

Attached: 53672323_128016488309298_7381073441169047249_n.jpg (1080x1255, 91K)

I always hear the Sage stock sucks. Very heavy and not comfortable at all. If you want short, get an AR buffer tube adapter, and get a folding stock adapter. I forget which company it is, but someone makes a really nice on meant specifically for non-AR guns that have buffer tube adapters.

MGS4 did make it look pretty cool though. Gives me nostalgia of playing MGO2 and using Shotgun +3 to infinite knockdown scrubs and make them rage.

Attached: M870.jpg (759x513, 41K)

Most countries have 16 or 15 years

What's a good pump shotgun for self defense or skeet shooting purposes? I prefer wood furniture, $500 budget but can stretch a couple hundred more if it's worth it. I'd like some way to attach a flashlight and maybe a red dot in the future.

my cheek hurts just looking at this picture

Pretty nice, user. The next thing I might consider is replacing that forend with a Magpul MOE - it's probably the best forend available and I've put it on all my shotguns.

Attached: img_2626_1.jpg (1632x1224, 594K)

I like the hogue over mold though, once the rubber wears off some I probably will grab the MOE. Probably at the same time I'll get a 590 barrel and mag tube + extension so I can make it flush at the end.

Oh, and yours looks awesome, I forgot to say.

Work in progress.

Attached: PicsArt_04-19-08.10.35.png (1500x1500, 3.11M)

Which hook and loop side saddle should I use?

Attached: Memewave upgrade.jpg (1500x2666, 817K)

Attached: 590ayy1.jpg (4032x2250, 3.24M)

Mossy 500 squad where you at

Attached: IMG_20190419_204709063.jpg (4096x1032, 738K)

Here is mine.

Attached: IMG_6338s.jpg (4032x3024, 1.23M)

Present.

Attached: IMG_5227.jpg (1600x1200, 384K)

What optic and mount are those?

*Flashlight and mount
I'm gonna fucking hang myself

The light is a Streamlight TLR-1 and the mount is a LaserLyte tri-rail. The rail mounting bolts coincide with the heat shield bolts, making it rather convenient. I used the bottom rail to mount a sling swivel.

Attached: IMG_5230.jpg (1600x1200, 302K)

Crossposting this from another thread, but Sweaty Ben is offering the actually pretty-nice Midland Backpack single-shot break-action for $99: gun.deals/product/midland-backpack-20-ga-26-single-shot-shotgun-9999

out of date group photo, but here you go

Attached: EDIT-3549 resized.jpg (1944x1296, 1.05M)

Just got an a5 a few months ago. Awesome shotgun

I like that setup, might have to use it on mine

So aside from barrel variety, why a remington? I greatly appreciate the advice also btw. I heard remington quality and customer assistance has dropped and mossberg 590 has the whole met military standards bit going for it, so That always kinda drew me closer to Mossberg over a remmington.

Also Is the difference of recoil of a 20 gauge to a 12 gauge really noticeable or is it really just a comfort thing? I mean, you could shoot a 20, but just get used to a 12? I've never shot a 20 but a 12 didnt seem all that bad, granted I never shot a slug yet.

muh model 12 slamfire
she's old but she works like a dream

Attached: file.png (675x2067, 3.87M)

>Be me
>Move to Arizona for work reasons
>Finally away from family
>Gun stores galore, one has an 1897 Trench matching for $500
>License hasnt been switched over yet because they havent fucking printed it
>Buy a matching Yugo SKS off Armslist in the meantime for $350 and a pack of Marlboro reds because i wanted the original bayonet
>4 weeks go by no license DMV says we don't know as the post office
>Get royally fucked over by job I moved across the country for and forced to leave
>Move to Florida with family AGAIN
>Will never see that 1897 again
>Go to.gunshow with hopes that maybe ill.get lucky
>Find an Ithaca
>"ILL DO YA THAT FOR $800!"
>Ask guy at table full of handguns if he has anything in 10mm
>Get a face like I just blacked his virgin catholic daughter "thats too much gun yknow......"
>Leave and go to newfound LGS
>Synth furniture 500s for $500
>"Aint no need for a Shockwave son"

I want to fucking die

Don't listen to him, the one I bought is a piece of shit. Granted, I bought it in 2009, and dont have recent experience with newer ones. but mine is a piece of shit. No rust issues though.

>Also Is the difference of recoil of a 20 gauge to a 12 gauge really noticeable or is it really just a comfort thing?
Depends a lot on the gun, but the answer is yes, especially on lighter guns. The difference between a single-shot break-action in 12 or 20 is very noticeable, and the difference in the 12 or 20 Shockwave is night and day. The 20 is downright pleasant to shoot. The 12 isn't.

>The legal minimum is 18, but everyone knows that 14 would make way more sense.

Under 14 and the cops show up.

Attached: Shotty -Magfed Norinco 870 8.5 barrel.png (639x235, 73K)

What’s a good bantam shotgun for a young teen? I got into guns late, so I never shot anything but a 26” 12 gauge. Kid ought to shoot something with a little more “go” than .22LR, so help a Jow Forumsommando out.

mossberg make a bantam series that is basically a shrunk down 500 and takes some of the same accessories. Im not really aware of anything else

Bumping for this a day later.

See

>literal patrician choices
Are you European or simply prefer classy guns?

Yes, but get used to 12 rather than settle for 20
590a1 squad flexin

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--259969896.jpeg_1555735339083.jpg (1080x1531, 498K)

>poo on carpet

Attached: 1504806460581.png (400x323, 190K)

Where is poo, i just see duct tape