Med Thread

Will using these to plug wounds really work or is this bullshit?

Also general medkit/method thread

Attached: GUEST_1dbc8ad0-a617-49cc-868f-c34bec0ca63e.jpg (488x488, 64K)

not really? just stock up on gauze.

would pads work? similar concept and purpose right?

Of course they would work they're absorbent material

Question is are they sterile

/thread

I would assume so, I mean if they werent they would cause a myriad of feminine problems

Disclaimer: I am not nor have ever been a woman nor used these devices so my thinking might be off on this one

Attached: 1551788105498.jpg (904x514, 141K)

You fucking freak. I swear faggots with period or tampon fetishes are the God dammed worse.
Just buy fucking gauze faggot Jesus christ. Stop trying to use gunshot wounds as an excuse to finally plug your own hole with a tampon. You'll never be a real girl you degenerate faggot.

Attached: 1555145961203.jpg (450x337, 28K)

wow project much? I said the literal opposite of what you accused me of

No, just by s-folded gauze and pack the wound

are there flavored version of these?

>>Question is are they sterile
The wound isn't sterile, but it is bleeding.

Bro you do realize tampons were literally invented for military use to plug bullet wounds originally, right? Someone simply realized their potential on the civvie market and how they were also perfect for plugging up bleeding vaginas from within

Only the ones I find in the trash.

Don’t most tampons and pads have an anti-clotting agent on them? Wouldn’t that make them less than ideal for bullet wounds?

Don't stick tampons in gunshot wounds, from what I understand they expand too much and can fuck up the tissue/organs that are close to the wound. Better than nothing, but much better to spend a little cash on some quick clot gauze and shove that in the wound. Also make sure you own and know how to use a CAT tourniquet. They do not cause 100% amputations like they used to and can definitely save your life

Tampons? Yes, they come in a factory sealed sterile package with an applicator intended to insert them. Putting one in a GSW isn't a -great- idea, but it's not the worst of bad options if you can't get real medical attention quickly.

Real medical attention is best, and should always be your first choice.

Pads are also sterile in the package and have a self-adhesive backing, but that isn't going to help much. Put the pad over the wound and apply firm pressure.

Nope. Just sterile cotton mostly.

Just boil a pot of water and put the bottom on the wound. Remember, you dont want to tap, but you also dont want to hold it on so long that it leaves serious burns.

As always, remember to clean it first.

AAH! Holy fuck that's disgusting. You don't deserve this reply.

Attached: 1553715650984.jpg (782x960, 47K)

kek

Attached: 1555137942988.png (500x306, 255K)

The originals were just actual rolls of gauze stuffed in a cardboard tube. Modern tampons are about a 2x1" pad of treated to not clot and only stem a non pressurized stream of fluids.

Tampons aren't for bullets faggot.

They better be. An infected vagina is asking for sepsis.

>let’s cause more trauma to a wound
Yeah... no. Bandages and cleaning agents are fine as is.

>med thread
For depression I use effexor 225mg, prayer, meditation and exercise. Godspeed mental illnessfags

eh, why bother

No absolutley not, these are designed to be inserted into pussies, by extension putting these in yourself makes you a pussy.
in all reality they won't do anything but stop the superficial bleeding they aren't designed to stop the bleeding of a cavitated bullet wound.
learn to pack wounds, learn how to use hemostatic agents, learn how to use chest seals, and learn to use tourniquets for starters

For a trauma wound they're non-ideal but sufficient.
Any sort of actual wound care, no. Best method to actually treat a wound DIY, silver nitrate and sterile gauze or calcium alginate.

TQ: Use CAT tourniquets (specifcally from North American Rescue) you can apply them to yourself with ease. SOF-T's will work fine but in my experience they are much easier to fuck up the windlass catch
Chest Seals: You can buy these from NAR too, they are simple enought to use
Gauze for wound packing: NAR again has some good tutorials for packing
NPA's and OPA's: for securing airways in a pinch only use these if you know how not to fuck up your patient even more
Israeli Bandage: perfect for direct pressure and can be applied with one hand.

NAR has some of the best training and research articles available in the tactical medicine field. buy an extra TQ to use for training so you don't stretch out your real TQ. also any makeshift tourniquet > chinese brand or RATS

If any one wants I can do a quick write up of the equipment in the BLS bags I use at my job

>Question is are they sterile
No, they are not sterile. They are sanitary, like cotton balls and disposable silverware. The vagina is not sterile, so there's no need to spend the extra money to sterilize tampons.

Tampons would help control bleeding from wounds that happen to be circular and approximately the same diameter as a non-dilated vagina, which is probably not many, and contamination is an issue. The proper way to control bleeding from deep penetrating wounds is to pack them with roll gauze. It's sterile and doesn't care what shape the wound cavity is.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

They are sterile, with no bacteria or dangerous contamination.

>The vagina is not sterile.

No part of a live human is sterile, from orifices to wounds. Things intended to go inside or on a wound of a human are typically sterilized.

>They are sterile, with no bacteria or dangerous contamination.
Stop talking about things you don't understand. Sterile has a specific technical meaning that is distinct from clean. It's relatively expensive to make things sterile and relatively difficult to keep them that way, so things are only sterile when necessary. That's why surgical gloves (sterile) are different from exam gloves (non-sterile), and why gauze comes either sterile (for surgical use) and non-sterile (cleaning, bandaging). Tampons don't need to be sterile so they aren't.

>No part of a live human is sterile, from orifices to wounds. Things intended to go inside or on a wound of a human are typically sterilized.
Wrong on the first part, stupid on the second. Body cavities are normally sterile. The presence of any bacteria, even normally non-pathogenic species, will likely cause infection. Yes, things intended to go inside a person are normally sterile, but the vagina is not really "inside" a person. It communicates directly with the outside, like the gut. And like the gut, it has a normal microflora and physiological conditions that resist proliferation of pathogenic species. Tampons don't need to be sterile, they just need to not significantly disrupt the protective conditions in the vagina. This is the same reason women don't generally get infections from sex (with a clean partner) or masturbation even though dicks, hands, and vibrators aren't sterile. Here's a suggestion, google "are tampons sterile" before you make yourself look any more retarded.

Attached: non-sterile gauze.jpg (800x800, 63K)

btw snatch blood isnt the same thing as an open wound.

ah yes, the old "vampires teabag"

Would this apply to a girls asshole as well.

Have you all forgotten that quickclot/patch pads are a thing?

ffs just quickclot and an adhesive patch until you get proper medical attention.

Dont buy/use anything else unless you wanna fuck up and die from blood loss, infection, or humiliation for using a goddamn tampon.

Yes user 100% you definitely don't need compressions or vents or even a TQ to be honest that's just navy seal mumbo jumbo.

Soaking all of your blood into disposable towels is absolute the best medical practice by far. Don't let any retard on this board deter you.

Attached: 1550024282088.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

Sometimes I forget how retarded the user base is here, and get too comfortable. Thanks for reminding me.

Attached: concern.gif (250x250, 1.16M)