Black Powder

So I was arrested for having a lot of weed and a lot cash on me (not in a legal state) so I was charged with intent to sell a few years ago. Well I’m finally off probation and I wanna get a gun, but I know that felons are only allowed to get black powder. You can argue that I should not have my rights stripped from me for something that shouldn’t be illegal in the first place in the thread below, but I wanna hear how viable like a cap and ball wheel gun is for home defense and if I should even bother or just keep a bat handy. I know in most encounters it’s virtually unheard of to fire more than 3 rounds, but all that extra smoke and slower fire rate and if you have to fire more than 6 you’re pretty much fucked, so I’m still undecided.

cabelas.com/product/shooting/black-powder/black-powder-revolvers/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/567338580/pietta-model-new-army-caliber-black-powder-revolver/706233.uts?slotId=2

I was thinking of buying link related but I was wondering if you Jow Forumsommandos have any other suggestions

Attached: A3E1528E-A500-42CE-98D8-71F04A7C0A1D.jpg (750x391, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-mf83w9QA
youtube.com/watch?v=FqPyBpuPb9E
youtube.com/watch?v=vbjljsqlOkg
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921
poconoshooting.com/blackpowderballistics.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't deserve any guns, go away.

I think you're literally too retarded for a BP revolver, sorry user.

Attached: WP_20190406_007.jpg (2914x1194, 596K)

>I know in most encounters it’s virtually unheard of to fire more than 3 rounds
Beyond wrong brainlet. Most people mag dump in self defense I'm glad a retard like you can't.

Attached: 1554860690721.png (500x500, 263K)

Double barrel blackpowder shotty or colt walker

If your only conviction is non violent drug offense you should petition the courts to expunge your record.

>Most people mag dump in self defense I'm glad a retard like you can't.
this

anyone stupid enough to be caught carrying fat wads of cash and dank on them is at literal nigger tier intelligence. fuck OP.

Get a double barrel BP shotgun, that'll blow shit up
But nah the link you posted is probably fine, and actually within budget

If you think weed should be legal you are a retard and shouldn't own any guns for your own safety

fpbp

>asking online to help a felon exercise his God-given rights
sorry user I don't want to be on any lists

the 1860 Army was the most popular revolver of the civil war. it killed many thousands of soldiers wearing heavy clothing. yeah. black powder is no slouch.

If you're done with whatever punishment the courts handed to you, petition to get your rights back and rejoin society instead of looking for lazy end-arounds.

You faggots literally should kill yourselves. Statist newfags.

Don't get caught with a shitload of drugs like a dumb darkie and maybe you won't be in these kind of predicaments OP. =3=

>if you do things I dont like you should have your basic rights taken away

Kill yourself tripfag nigger.

You're already a felon, what's one more?

this but unironically

I dont know much about the legality of felons owning firearms, but if you're gonna get a bp revolver for practical use, get a repro remington 1858.

Removeable cylander, .44 cal, short barrel varients exist, carterage conversion kits, smaller and less explodable than a walker, and looks sexier than any other colt bp revolver.

I'll probably guess that the stuff that was seized belonged to you. Unless you're doing something to steer yourself away from all the bad stuff in your life, it's pretty difficult for me to trust you with my word.

Do cartridge conversions require ffl

A black powder revolver is definitely a better choice for home defense than a baseball bat.

Check your state laws, though, to be sure it's actually legal; some states either forbid felons from possessing any "deadly weapon", or forbid them from possessing "firearms", using their own definition of "firearm" that's broader than the definition in federal law.

If your state won't let you have even black powder guns in your own home,
>hello and welcome to the slingshot channel
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-mf83w9QA
youtube.com/watch?v=FqPyBpuPb9E
youtube.com/watch?v=vbjljsqlOkg

yes

Predicament or not, our rights are NATURAL RIGHTS and any Jow Forumsommando should be ashamed to advocate disarmament and infringement just for selling some stupid goddamn plants.

Attached: p5h2h9zbqbv11.jpg (750x531, 36K)

degenerate faggot

No, the conversion cylinder is just a part, not a firearm frame or receiver, so it can be shipped straight to you.
However, installing it in a black-powder revolver makes the revolver become a modern firearm, and is thus illegal for a convicted felon.

Not as far as I know. But you can't have them if from. Dindu powder can be permissible depending on state.

Be a drug-using degenerate, or a gun owner. Pick one.

"from"
I meant "felon"

> but I know that felons are only allowed to get black powder
No, they're not allowed to get any firearm whatsoever you fucking retard, it's just that BP guns don't require background checks or FFL transfers. But who cares, you're clearly an idiot and will be in the slammer sooner or later for 10-25 anyways.

Not them, but I don't have any issue with weed legalization (treating mental trauma and things like that). The biggest pet peeve I have is that people who get big into this are always fixated on rebelling against The System. But they don't think about how constantly "rebelling" in general affects them and everyone else around them. Which is why I still don't like seeing people smoke this stuff versus an epi-pen type injection or pill form.

Once again, im no lawyer. I know you can get them fairly hassle free, since they are not firearms themselves...

but the legality of installing one most likely depends on state. Especially considering you say you're a felon... I'd ask a professional before buying one.

This. What do you expect from newfags and tripcucks though?

Im not a felon.

Can bp guns like those sold by sporting stores handle smokeless powder cartridges

Who cares? Gun owners should fucking realize how cucked the "system" is. I'm all for people rebelling against it.

having been through the legal system you should know cops dont give a shit. doesnt matter if its legal black powder or not you get caught with it or end up using your getting arrested. they arrest your ass first and let the court system decide. at which point you end up paying legal fees.
if your going to break the law you might as well buy a stolen hipoint rather than some outdated revolver.

>Im not a felon.
>I was charged with intent to sell
pick one you brain dead dumbfuck.

I guess drugs men's whatever the state doesn't like.
>degenerate beer drinker
>degenerate cigarette smoker
Jesus Christ I fucking HATE authoritarian scum like you. No better than any anti-liberty, antigun statist. Except you like guns.
And I don't even touch drugs. I just believe in personal freedom. Stupid nu-Jow Forums faggot.

Attached: smoking1.jpg (800x533, 37K)

I'm not op you dumb newfag bootlicker.

I'm not op. I should've clarified maybe but I didnt imply that. I'm just a guy asking out of curiosity. Op would be better off with bp I'm sure.

I'm not the one slinging weed from his pockets and managing to get caught, so clearly I'm not the nigger in the equation here. ;^

Attached: awwwsnap.gif (478x609, 200K)

Fuck you anarcho-retard.
>muh authoritarianism
We have these statists infesting everywhere because retards can't do anything responsibly. OP couldn't even be bothered to drive responsibly and not get caught with a shitload of weed.

>from newfags
Used Jow Forums on and off since 2008 or so.
In the grand scheme of Jow Forums, I'm new. But I'm no statist fuckhead.
I really don't understand people who own guns but don't have at least a smol libertarian streak. They're not much better then cucked Britbongs with shotguns IMO.

Attached: 1553815782739m.jpg (1024x613, 71K)

Nevermind I suck cocks. Thought he was driving. Point stands though.

This. And some extra cylinders.

In most states "felons can own bp" is fudlore and illegal.

If you want to not go to jail get a crossbow and a machete

>if you use an irresponsible drug that isnt on my list of statist approved irresponsible drugs youre bad and shouldn't have basic rights

You and the tripnigger should hang.

2007 here. I think thats pretty old by today's standards.

And Randy Weaver was the bad guy for cutting down a shotgun, right?

Suck start a shotgun, you worthless bootlicker.

Attached: vickisurveiliso.jpg (377x304, 17K)

Anyone recommending a Remington 1858 and cartridge conversion cylinders in this thread is a retard.

>Because black powder firearms are considered antique firearms, the possession of a black powder firearm by a person subject to Federal firearms disabilities is not prohibited by the GCA. However, a person subject to Federal firearms disabilities may not receive and/or possess black powder firearms that can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof which are classified as "firearms."

Per the ATF.

This essentially makes any reasonably-priced BP revolver a no-go for felons because all have conversion cylinder options and any lawyer can present that as 'readily convertible.' Just don't be retarded and get a felony.

>Can bp guns like those sold by sporting stores handle smokeless powder cartridges
they can handle cowboy loads.
which is expensive specialty ammo normal ammo of that caliber will blow it up.
if the end goal is getting a revolver that shoots real ammo a modern replica that already takes cartridges from the factory is a better gun. your looking at about 5-600 but you have to go through a ffl
blackpowder + conversion cylinder is about 600 200-300 for the gun 250-300 for the cylinder
if you were trying to avoid an ffl you might as well just build an 80% ar 15 and get something from this century for hundreds less.

if you want blackpowder cause you want one get one its fun. but if the goal is getting a "gun" its stupid.

Not all leadership is the same. The problem is that there's too many people in the system who aren't even qualified to serve the people. But if everything was absolutely zero rule of law, society will just revert back to being chimpanzees and every technical advancements we made would go straight into the gutter, along with all the people who actually want to act for the common good.

Even in the Spanish and Italian Civil Wars, Anarchists held very little territory compared to more organized groups.

>they can handle cowboy loads.
>which is expensive specialty ammo normal ammo of that caliber will blow it up.
Most 45 Colt loads in stores now are cowboy loads, for better or worse.

Attached: IMG_20190310_101746744.jpg (2592x1456, 949K)

Guess double barrel still works for him?

I'm not op as mentioned I just hate ffl bullshit.

I will probably just buy a revolver and then get a bp too.

>common good

Oh boy. You want to argue stuff like this its one thing but not when it comes to guns.

On one hand, I hate bootlickers
On another hand, I hate weedfags
But all in all, I hate Americans
Fuck you
Go away
I bet you're a nigger too

Attached: 1518624049236.jpg (663x325, 73K)

>I was charged with intent to sell a few years ago. Well I’m finally off probation and I wanna get a gun, but I know that felons are only allowed to get black powder.

Wrong. Anyone can buy a black powder revolver because they are unregulated-- you can be 6 years old and buy a BP gun if you have the money-- but once it's in your possession and fully loaded, it is considered a deadly weapon by law. If you're a convicted felon, you might as well carry (or have in your possession) a modern handgun. The penalties will be the same.

end your pathetic, boot licking life

>This is what the drunk Mexicans here unironically believe
You can shoot the jacketed standard pressure ammo you buy at Walmart out of those conversion cylinders for years. Nice try though Pablo.

Attached: 1552960590328.png (548x666, 361K)

Varies by state, yeah?
Some states, no deadly weapons.
Some states, no firearms per ATF. Or else felons couldn't have crossbows, knives, etc.

Attached: knife-surrender-bin-gloucester-road-kensington-royal-borough-of-kensington-BE6H25.jpg (1300x952, 157K)

Objective vs Subjective reasoning. What someone thinks will help them doesn't always mean that it will, unless there's legitimate proof to back it up.

>hello and welcome to the slingshot channel
Lever action crossbow with 6 shot mag.
Comes out this summer

Attached: Cobra-RX-Adder-Repeating-Crossbow-Featured-image-672x372.jpg (672x372, 83K)

>Guess double barrel still works for him?
How about two of them. Couldn't he even get sawed-off ones if they're black powder?

>Varies by state, yeah?
Nope. A loaded BP gun is a deadly weapon, period. An unloaded black powder gun is considered benign.
A loaded black powder gun can kill someone, right? Therefor, it's a deadly weapon. Unloaded, it can be an antique, an wall hanger, or a paperweight. If you actually load it-- which takes some trouble and special, sometimes difficult to obtain components, the intent is implied to to assemble a deadly weapon-- which is illegal for a convicted felon to possess. Ask any lawyer or cop. A convicted felon cannot possess a deadly weapon.

>Implying niggers don't still have rights
Neck yourself, you're as bad as they are bootlicking faggot

Attached: 12705292_1030036323709363_5845118821075196247_n.jpg (533x533, 29K)

>Implying niggers should have rights
actually kys brainlet

Attached: dumbcunt.gif (720x404, 814K)

based response.
bump

>>Implying niggers should have rights
Niggers have more rights than white people. Niggers are allowed to commit racist hate crimes without additional penalties, while whites pulling the same kind of shit will suffer those penalties. Niggers pull far more racist shit than whites ever did.

you misunderstand me, my good man. I'm not arguing whether or not they DO have rights, but rather SHOULD they.

Sure but a knife is a deadly weapon too, right? And felons can cook.

one question are you a white guy selling to black people, or a black guy or white guy selling to white people?

they really are only 3/5ths of a person.

>not wanting maximum freedom
Fuck you too buddy.

Are you going to cite some federal law about felons being verboten from possessing "deadly weapons", or keep making shit up? The relevant law is listed below, you have been identified as retarded until you post evidence otherwise.

>Prohibited Persons, the actual crime
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

>Definitions, what is a firearm

It should be. Stop coddling the fucking peasants who desire to weed themselves out at the earlier opportunity. You are literally "Don't stick your dick in this lawnmower!" level of nannystate.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! FUCK OFF GOVERNMENT!

Except for weed, weed is bad, go big government!

Good luck with that most states you have to wait a periods of 15-20 years

>conflating rights with civil liberties
Please do us all a favor and study civics. Your rights are independent of law. When they are enshrined in law, they become civil liberties as well, but you have rights even if the law says you don't.

"Don't get caught with a silencer, bumpstock, or full-auto weapon without the proper government cuck-tag and you won't get in any trouble. Who cares if the laws are unjust, only niggers get caught for them."

Pole here. What brand, model, Bartel lenght and caliber would Jow Forums suggest me to buy for my first and for some time only gun. I dont have time and money to get a permit for smokeless guns and im not even sure that my (((goverment))) would give it to me anyway.

Attached: received_867415800116356.jpg (452x585, 46K)

If it was a state crime, see what you can do about getting your rights restored. It won't be cheap and might not even work, but it will be worth it if it does.
If it was a federal crime, you're fucked. But at least you can still larp as a cowboy or pirate.
An 1858 with a 5.5" barrel in .44 is the most practical choice imo. The top strap is more durable and will hold up better to hot loadings, and you should stick with .44 if this is for defense. The 1858 is a big gun, and the 5.5" barrel is a bit more handy. You don't really seem to lose too much velocity over the 8" barrel too, if you care about that.
poconoshooting.com/blackpowderballistics.html
But personally I think the 1851's with an 8" barrel in .36 are really neat.
Jesus I keep fucking this up. This is the 3rd time I'm posting this.

>today Jow Forums helped a lowly drug dealer pick a 6 shooter gat to blast any fools that try to rob his sticky purp

The founding mother fucking father's believed a man should never have his rights taken away. They fucking wrote the goddamn documents specifically to prevent shit like that and debtors prison. But fuck you, I hope they repeal that shit and your ass does 20 years for mastercard

Rich coming from a fucking tripfaggot

Aint it beautyful?

You know damn well Abraham Lincoln would split any member of the Whig party who tried to take his sweet tobacco.

this

Spierdalaj cwelu.

got a source on flash papper and a premade wood mold like your pic?

>The founding mother fucking father's believed a man should never have his rights taken away.

5th amendment of the Constitution of the united states

Protection of Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property
No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property WITHOUT DUE PROCESS of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

the 5th amendment makes it very clear that an individual persons rights CAN be stripped from them through due process of law. and the 6th and 7th amendment begins to spell out how

Take a good look kids this is what a person who failed civics looks like.

Attached: Get+your+facts+straight+it+was+107+in+some+part+_b66f04f74faaca7212893be02325cfb0.jpg (396x400, 38K)

Which applies if youre imprisoned not walking free in public

>bill bye pic
>statist smug retarded post

What a shocker.

problem is libshits have cucked our judicial system to the point where people who belong in prison are out walking free so to balance that, libshits like the normal tards they are try compensating with making even yet more laws this time on weapons ownership, which really only cucks good natured decent people since the true criminal asshole elements wont give 2 shits since they know it will just mean a paid vacation and forced Jow Forums workouts in the revolving prison door where they can spend time networking with other criminals for more business and criminal activity when they get out in 2 months

Supreme Court of the United states disagrees with you.

New Model Army pistols are the way to go. Quick cylinder change and esy takedown for cleaning. You can convert it to cartridge .45 colt for another $300 conversion cylinder, that's what I would do.

And they are wrong frequently.

The same supreme court that says the nfa, NSA, patriot act, criminalization of internet media and more is constitutional? Who also had no issue mutilating boys being legal while making the act of doing it to girls illegal?

No one cares what the crusty Jewish faggots on scotus say you retarded fuck. Go back to plebbit

Attached: ff0.jpg (396x432, 104K)

>by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof
Which one of those is a cylinder, tardface?

Actually converting it with a conversion cylinder is still illegal, of course, but the "readily converted" bit simply doesn't apply because it specifically lists components, and a cylinder isn't on that list.

>all states have the same laws
No, go away.

>Varies by state, yeah?
Exactly.
>Some states, no deadly weapons.
Yep.
>Some states, no firearms per ATF.
Yes.
Also some state laws are "no firearms per our own definition" -- where that definition doesn't match the federal one.

What's more, some states only restrict possession of deadly weapons or firearms for a subset of felons, particularly those convicted of violent offences -- in such a state, OP might be entirely unrestricted by state law, no matter whether it specifies "firearms" or "deadly weapons".

No substitute for knowing your own state's laws.

Check your state laws. You probably can't own black powder weapons because under state law in many states they are firearms no different than a glawk fowty

Also look into getting that shit expunged or other ways of having your rights restored

The part where it says "which are classified as firearms" I believe, user.

>"Weed's for degenerates!"
Literally everyone who forces this meme is an alcoholic/cigarette smoker

>Most people mag dump in self defense I'm glad a retard like you can't.

Different user here. Can you point me toward a source for that? There could be some useful stats there.

>if you think (thing I don’t like) should be legal you are a retard and shouldn’t own (thing I like) for your own safety
Ftfy

But if they don't fit the specific definition, they're not classified as firearms. Maybe the wording of that statement is confusing you, but if you go to the actual definition of "antique firearm" in the GCA, it's pretty clear:
>For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “antique firearm” shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.

And anyway, if were right, every place that sells black-powder revolvers through the mail would be committing a felony every time they do it. The fact ATF hasn't cracked down on all this obvious "lawbreaking" should make it clear that even they don't misinterpret the law this badly.

Their status is defined elsewhere, in short the fact that they're able to take cartridges makes them into firearms.