What's the longest cartridge that can be fitted in the grip aside from pic related and mag-7?

What's the longest cartridge that can be fitted in the grip aside from pic related and mag-7?

Attached: ao-lmao.jpg (743x245, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bt3n82EFYFE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

22 short

>mag 7
rainbow six flashback intensifies

i'd say 5.7 or .30 carbine is peak longboi, after that it starts becoming obnoxious

not if you have a thumbhole stock boyo

Has no one made a 500 s&w magnum that can be fed from under the grip?

if you did it like this, maybe

Attached: 433719.jpg (880x660, 33K)

A couple pistols were made in .44mag but the grips are obmoxiously huge. The .357mag semi's are a little more tolerable.

Imagine what you could do with a grip as deep as the Coonan's but doublestack and chambered in a cut-down 5.56 bottleneck (.22TCM Long)? The TCM fits in standard .45acp/10mm mags but has a 9mm diameter and makes 2000fps from a 5" barrel, so you'd be looking at 17-19+1 in something even hotter

Isn't a 50ae from a desseagle as long as 44mag?
There's also a 556 revolver but it isn't what op is looking for youtu.be/bt3n82EFYFE

I believe Interdynamics (same company that developed the Tec-9) made a gun like that once in 5.56

That length would be almost borderline, but somewhat manageable.

As an user mentioned in the telescoped pistol thread that I guess caused this one, there was also the Interdynamics MKS.
Like the AO-46 it used its 5.56 magazine as the grip, not just inside the pistol grip magazine well.
It was found to be terrible in testing, impacting accuracy. So that gives you a theoretical maximum at least. Anything 5.56 length or longer is right out.

Attached: interdynamics_mks.jpg (500x292, 15K)

Depends on a lot. If you use the magazine as a grip you can squeeze a bit of extra room, then theres double stack vs single and just the cartridge diameter.
The FiveseveN's cartridge is 1.6" long. Its double stack, and gets away with it because the cartridge is relatively thin, only 0.313". Its grip is long but narrow. It's always manageable (especially because of the soft recoil) but it can be ill fitting for people with small hands.

What's the grip on the Desert Eagle likd? Because .50AE is the same OAL as 5.7, it's just way thicker.

Attached: Comrade Korobov says 7.62x39.jpg (684x384, 29K)

I'll never get over how fucking stupid that rifle looks.

Yes, .50 AE and .44mag have the same overall length. .50 AE was specifically designed to work in semi pistols originally chambered for the .44mag and similar length calibers like the Wildey magnums.

Honestly not that horrible, because it's a single-stack mag and the grip isn't very wide. Still worse than the Wildeys or the Coonan though, and still not handlet friendly.

Would this count as a pistol grip for AWB states?

I would say 1.7", and that will be a fucking fat grip. So you would probably want it to be a long gun, and you can have a second hand on it. Kurz has an oal of 1.8 and with modern stuff, that could probably be shortened a little. My dream is an 8 inch barreled pdw in Kurz feeding from a magwell grip. The fn five seven oal is 1.5, and that grip actually isn't that bad if you're not a handlet.

Attached: 1357DXHR_conceptart_machine_pistol2.jpg (632x881, 104K)

The ads are just as stupid

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 2.3M)

Not unless you could get a ruling on it in your favor first. Cali's is something like:
>A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously from beneath the action
And you could absolutely interpret that to include something like the AO-46.
5.56 LSAT is already 1.6". You know if they ever adopt it, that someone will make a pistol.
>grip isn't that bad if you're not a handlet
I like the FiveseveN and it fits my hand well, but I've also had a lot of friends and coworkers and other people shoot it. What I've noticed is theres a difference between disadvantageous and actually bad.
The FN is kinda like the M9, anyone can shoot it safely, but for a lot of people it's a bit too large to get all the accuracy they'd otherwise be capable of, all else being equal.

I don't know how LSAT ammo works exactly, could it load a .30 Cal bullet for a .300 blk analogue? And you're probably right, on the grip thing. That's sorta why I imagine it would be better in a design with a forward grip area. Your shooting hand and grip won't affect accuracy as much. Transitioning the design to an actual handgun design would be pretty rough, because of those limitations.

what rifle do you own?

Isn't a grip, just a mag

Frankly, it works like a necked cartridge, but with a cap in front of the bullet that acts like a little expendable bit of barrel that is a little undersized, so the round gets a chance to build pressure before getting out of the case.
It could be very applicable to handgun cartridges in could become as popular as wildcat rounds...
Oh...

>.300BLK LSAT
Yes and no, the closer you get caliber to base diameter the less effective telescoping becomes and .300 is already close to its base diameter so it's not a straight reduction like it is for a bottleneck cartridge like 5.56 NATO.
By leveraging the technology, what you can do is much more efficiently trade diameter for length than you would with traditional cases. So you could get still better grip dimensions with CT but 300CT wont necessarily be parts compatible with 5.56CT like BLK and NATO are.

>tfw no Wildey or Automag .50 AE

when comrade Korobov says its 7.62x39, its 7.62x39

Attached: 400.jpg (585x390, 33K)

I'll pray for you tonight. hopefully with the power of Jesus we can overcome this destructive malady

holy fuck, is this satire?

How do you even hold that?

Hellspawn

12 or 14mm

"i'm going to reply to OP and prove to him im too dumb to hold a bullpup" the thread

You know on a traditional rifle grip when you don't feel like wrapping your thumb around the grip? Like that