Seastead minimal pirate defense

seasteading.org/
so apparently rich boys took it in their mind to go anarchist on the open seas...
which is all fine until a bunch of malay pirates show up at the door and start the raping maiming and pillaging.

what would be an adequate minimal budget defense for a bunch of pirates with say 2-3 ships and maybe 50 rifles and a few mgs and maybe rpgs? what if they come with "decommissioned old facs?"

Attached: sea-autism.jpg (2560x1280, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/43jy5w/seasteading-bitcoin-fans-say-theyre-on-the-run-from-thai-government
thedailybeast.com/bitcoin-couple-nadia-thepdet-and-chad-elwartowski-face-death-penalty-for-seasteading-off-thailand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bring back the republic of pirates

Assuming your seas stead is a stable platform, a fiddy with a bunch of ammo should do it.

against say a few of this? maybe mgs on them too?

Attached: Suspected_pirate_ship_boarded_by_USS_Winston_S._Churchill.jpg (2100x1500, 699K)

Seasteading is a fairly old idea now. Been following it around for a couple years and thought about this a bit.
Repelling the boats themselves would be a bad idea. Typically the settlement itself is essentially a big boat, and you wouldn't want them trying to launch RPG's and shit at it. The type of person to go live there in the first place is kind of a don't tell me to repair my sinking part of the ship. You'd practically have to allow them to board the settlement then fight back and leave them an out if they get routed like an escape back toward their ship.

if an rpg can hurt a floating island then it's fucked.
not to mention the effective range of a heavy mg is much greater than a tubes.

Same way they protect cargo ships. Ma deuce. Maybe a Gustav if you're feeling fancy. 88s might do ok, depending on how fast their boats are. Sea defense is pretty easy against nogs. It's not like they have missiles.

alright but wouldn't you need to crew at least a radar tower with nv/dl telescopes 24/7 for early warning? that's like 5 people on guard duty payroll as the bare minimum if they also do the fighting.

Honestly a heavy machinegun and and maybe a recoiless rifle in an elevated position would be enough. Small arms for everyone on board. And 24/7 tethered drones or blimps with ISR for overwatch.
Anyone rich enough to seastead would be presumably rich enough to have private security. But in the future when middle income families can afford to have their own. They will probably set up systems like wagon trains. And agree to protect one another

Attached: 1555620865317.gif (400x266, 1.73M)

what if they nigger rig (ala isis) a 20/30mm aa battery on a fishing barge, as the flagship, and come with a few of these sandbagged barges as troopship?

would the recoilless do any good?

Attached: boat-technicals.jpg (1178x797, 162K)

Can't wait for countries to alter maritime law or enforce a ban on sea-steading to keep people from escaping their rule.

technically i think they are already illegal. because every vessel must sail under a country's flag. also civvis can't have weapons on open seas.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/43jy5w/seasteading-bitcoin-fans-say-theyre-on-the-run-from-thai-government

Make plans to fight off the Thai navy while you’re at it kek

>sandbagged
Yeah a recoiless would do fine against that. But It couldn't reliably destroy the flagship before it could be destroyed. You're gonna need to up gun if that starts being a threat. Maybe even a stabilized 90mm cockerill.

Thermal scopes would be easy. Just rig it to software for an alert on a temp hit, and you're done. Short of some super secret squirrel shit, I don't think you have to worry more than that. Your systems are automated, and maybe have one dude set up with a Barret loaded for antimateriel, and I bet they'd stop trying after a few times. So one dude on watch, automated thermal detection, and a quick phone call to whoever the watch Commander is that day for confirmation of a shoot order. The more I think about this, the more I love it. I want a sea stead now.

thedailybeast.com/bitcoin-couple-nadia-thepdet-and-chad-elwartowski-face-death-penalty-for-seasteading-off-thailand

It begins. Remember to pay taxes or kill yourself, goy.

i'm not sure that's not bullshit, who gets bail on a possible death penalty?

africa is full of these technicals seems to me the cost of entry to this level of firepower in africa would be minimal. i don't know about asia... but surely smugglers can do the logistics.

the same tactics that made the toyota hilux the "beast of war" could be applied to small craft easily.

Attached: PIC_-_Libya_techs_2.jpg (926x585, 68K)

Are there not any islands anywhere, either for sale or unclaimed, which are not claimed territory of a specific nation?

i don't think there are any. since you gain territory over water (and underwater assets) by claiming the land ever speck of seagull landing strip is claimed.

The question though is accuracy, range, and shooter ability then, though. The dindus likely don't have equipment touching accuracy or shooter ability. Also, an elevated position, and an anzio 20/50 means you should be able to smack them long before they get to where they can reliably hit you.
>4k fps
>800 grain projectile
>zero survivors

cool as fuck and you can just toss it into the sea if a warship comes visiting.

South Sentinel Island and a small portion of Antarctica. SS is inhabited by a tribe of violent, xenophobic dindus though, and their right to retain it is protected.

Exactly, and I think that might be the key to survival. You'd need to keep the powers that be happy, but be able to maintain defense. so whatever you're using has to be man portable-ish, in case it needs to be dumped in a hurry.

Wouldn't a few topedo tubes serve well? Overlapping 360deg protection around it. Guaranteed to BTFO any nog ship.

Or well hidden perhaps? How would torpedo tubes fare if they are on the sea floor maybe connected with a tether to the island?

That would be pretty damn awesome. I'm not sure about just buying them, you might have to reverse engineer some stuff. Guidance might be difficult, but I guess you could go super old school and drive by wire.

>South Sentinel Island
indian territory
>Antarctica
don't think that will fly either.

Attached: antarctic.png (1024x1024, 310K)

India owns South Sentinel Island.

2nd post best post. A .50 or two on a stable platform (aka somewhat precise shooting) will kill every incoming pirate, or if it's overloaded with sandbags, sink anything the pirates roll up in before they can hit you, even if they rig a 20/30mm at the bow of their barge.

>Seastead minimal pirate defense
Anchored mines, machine guns, a ww2 destroyer with actual armor plate and 120mm guns

Attached: 67_.jpg (890x890, 327K)

1) Detecting approaching ships and sounding an alarm AUTOMATICALLY by software/electronics, which would require everyone to run to fighting positions with weapons. This is the most important part.

2) Some kind of sub-surface anti-boarding setup, like beams that would rip boat hulls or just small walls that would provide very little cover but prevent boarding.

3) Support team from some other source if possible - or just communications to coast guard or navy of some nation.

4) Attack boats to actually not just be a target but a hunting force too.

>not claimed
No. Best bet would probably be some uninhabited island in the pacific.

Pic related is promising. Also, going there in the first place can be done under the cover of an expedition to find the remains of Amelia Earhart as she is believed to have crashed in the area.

>1)
Regular consumer-grade marine radars do this, you can set up "fences" for, say, 4 nautical miles in a circle around you and if anything comes within that an alarm sounds.
>2)
Nikumaroro is surrounded by shallow reefs making any kind of landing difficult at best and, in the wrong conditions, impossible.
>3)
Not applicable to taking over islands I think
>4)
I agree with this 100%.

Attached: Nikumaroro Island.png (1211x921, 1.7M)

Yeah, add a tower to the island and mount a couple m2´s on top to take em out.

>Indian terroritory
So... free?

If you got nukes and shit, sure

Why would you be seasteading in the first place? Unless it's high profitable (so most likely illegal), just acquire seaside property.

>nukes
>shit
you're not going to be able to compete with India for either of those

>Why seasteading
In theory it's to avoid government intervention but in reality it's for people whose social skills and generally morality are abhorrent to the point that they're unable to function in a normal cult that would do the same thing on land. I FLDS, Amish, Branch Dividians ( they got wacoed so make sure you keep your shit off radar), Mennonite, etc. Basically all of those are self sufficient and feed off each other without drawing the fed too much. The Amish even btfo the gov in court over taxes as well.

RPGs are actually pretty shit at destroying fortifications. The land instiliation will always have an advantage over the ship by virtue of being a stable platform, while an HE grendade fired from a nigger-rigged merchantman is highly unlikely to do ciritcal damage.

Radar plus 76mm gun covering every angle of attack is more than enough against anything the pirates can bear against it.

Attached: Fort_Drum.png (585x390, 608K)

Sentinese only had to fire arrows at them and they backed off.

Build large armoured turret with 16" cannons
Decimate water-Jamal and all his friends before they have even seen your island.

India has historically viewed it as "sovereign territory under their protection," but obviously they can change that if they wish.

modern day pirates don't loot and rape, they commandeer cargo ships and ransom the crew and ship off. you can't do this to an island.

That's because the Indians didn't go there with the aim of killing everyone there, but to make peaceful contact with them. Even a group of African rebels armed with well-worn AKs could take the Sentinelese down.