QTDDTOT

Questions that don't deserve their own thread... but I made this so I could ask a question in its own thread :)

I've seen reviews stating the Ruger Mini 30 can't reliably feed steel case, anyone have first hand experience with one?

Attached: 1554320434025.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was all set to buy a nice SKS from a dude on Armslist until he raised the price by $50 when I asked him to meet halfway. Was a nice looking rifle but I'm not supporting that kind of jewery. Should I waste his time or just tell him to fuck off?

He posted one price and now he jacks it up? Tell him to fuck off.

Anyone got any hard numbers on how effective forced air cooling like on the Lewis Gun and the PKP is?
As in actual qualitative comparisons between the PKP and the PKM or the Lewis MkI and the Lewis Mk II or Mk III (which deleted the fins or both fins and shroud respectively).
Asked before but only ever get guesses.
Problems I experienced were stuck cases with some steel case and eventually a broken extractor. Never had problems with feeding specifically though. Surprisingly never had issues with hard primers either.

Attached: 1540547449698.jpg (600x138, 20K)

He said he's raising the price since he has to drive. Kind of tempted to pretend it's all good and then just not show up to meet him.

How frequent were the FTE issues with your Mini 30?

Thinking about selling or trading my sks for something more modern. How much do you guys think I should ask for it?

what would be the most similar existing caliber to a shrunk down .300 blackout?
for use in even shorter barrels and receivers but still ballistically closer to to an intermediate cartridge than a pistol cartridge at close range.
i want it to easily pass through soft armor if loaded hot and still be like a good pistol round if downloaded.

Attached: 1489886756500.jpg (640x513, 91K)

is the beretta nano 9mm reliable? is there an ultra-dependable 9? i'm looking for the toyota helix of 9s.

Do it, fuck him. He's not making a 50 dollar drive

Depends. What flavor is your SKS? How badly have you bubba'd it?

Russian, matching numbers, bayonet was milled off before I purchased it.

>is the beretta nano 9mm reliable? is there an ultra-dependable 9? i'm looking for the toyota helix of 9s.

It’s shit. Lack of holster options, lack of sight options, lack of literally everything.

Save yourself the trouble, get either a Walther PPS, S&W Shield or Glock 43, put it in a Dark Star Gear Hitchiker and call it a day.

Attached: 99705F0E-13C3-4707-9855-56A4748DC3F7.jpg (3024x3024, 752K)

>i'm looking for the toyota helix of 9s

so a glock then

$500-600

perfect. thank you.
thanks.

>i want it to easily pass through soft armor
unless you have access to AP ammo, literally your only option is 5.7
also, you must be 18 or older to post here

is it legal to do a citizen's arrest at gunpoint?

Yes. Depends heavily on the context tho.
>Holding home invader at gunpoint.
A-ok
>Drawing on someone for illegally using a handicap parking spot.
Not ok

what if it's someone who hypothetically did a hit and run on my car and I hypothetically manage to track him down

Not ok. Call the police and give them your info.

that's not nearly as exciting

Not a question, but since the big iron thread got archived I figured I'd post my oc here.

Attached: Big Iron Moonman.png (898x900, 1.89M)

>literally your only option is 5.7

Attached: 7.62x25.jpg (420x420, 18K)

Only because he tracked him down. If he hypothetically drew on him and the nigger stopped that would be 100% legal.

Any tips for pistol shooting at an outdoor range? I've shot plenty indoors and the nice thing is that I can immediately bring the target right back and figure out problems with my technique. At an outdoor range, you have to wait until the cease fire to check up on your target which takes a while. How do you guys tell what you're hitting without having to wait until the cease fire?

Metal targets are only permitted past 50 yards, which I don't think I'll be going for with my snubbie

Attached: lcrx9.jpg (720x1280, 163K)

I converted one of my old holsters that was some kind of one-size fits all for assorted semi auto pistols into a thing with a retention strap that I guess I could technically carry a revolver with? It *feels* like the strap (I just used an old watch strap through the opposite side where I guess you can change the buckle/clip of you wanna use it left or right and some generic Velcro tape on the belt loop buckle to catch the watch Velcro) would prevent the hammer from going up with DA trigger pull 'within reason' but would it be perhaps safer to draw the hammer and THEN put the strap 'between' raised and hammer and firing pin so even if trigger gets pulled it should just squash the watch strap? I'm a little worried about trying it at home in case it actually does go off

Or should I basically just go and buy a real holster?

Attached: 20190419_194924.jpg (1158x1889, 1.12M)

are you really this retarded? stop buying glue to eat by the gallon and pick up some binoculars from walmart for $10

I’m looking for a way to handload 37mm or 40mm Dragons breath or thermobaric rounds for signaling or whatever for my launchers and from what I understand the magnesium mix is different in the 12 gauge rounds than most other recipes. Anyone have any leads?

Does anyone know who makes the longest extended slide stop for 1911s? I'd like a lever that extends almost to the safety. My thumbs are too short for anything farther away.

>shrunk down .300 blackout?
>for use in even shorter barrels and receivers
Hot-loaded 7.62x25?

>i want it to easily pass through soft armor if loaded hot and still be like a good pistol round if downloaded.
9mm already does that.

But if you don't have access to AP ammo, 5.7 doesn't do any better (at least not in pistol-length barrels). .357sig or hot 9mm penetrate the same IIIA shit as 5.7 does.

>I'm a little worried about trying it at home in case it actually does go off
Do you not know how to unload this revolver or something?
>Or should I basically just go and buy a real holster?
Definitely this, but looking into how to unload guns so you can safely fuck with them should probably be your first priority.

What are some semi-auto, small pistols, that have easy to rack slides and are also reliable

My aunt decided to get a gun a couple years ago because of reasons (home defense, not carry). She ended up choosing a glock 42. She has very small hands, which are very weak, she chose the 42 over the 43 because of the difference in recoil. She can barely rack the slide and when we go the range she's caused a few malfunctions just by failure to feed from limp-wristing. When I shoot it I do great with it. I'm tempted to steer her towards a small revolver with a nice big rubber grip, just because she won't have to worry about the above problems, but before I do, are there other semi-autos that are easy for the weak office worker lady hand to manipulate? She doesn't have the time to go to the range a lot to practice, but I want her to have something she can trust. I'm thinking of a Bersa thunder for a non-revolver, but I've read hit-or-miss reviews on their reliability. I've also thought about just trading her for my Makarov, but I waited years for them to be available to buy online and I got a fucking mint one so I don't want to let it go. What small, reliable semi-autos have easy to manipulate slides and aren't finicky about limp-wristing? Or should I just buy a J-frame/Sp101 and trade her for the glock?

My mini 14 couldnt feed steel case. Called ruger, they said dont use steel cased. Sold it

The Shield EZ 380 is made for her. Super easy to manipulate. If she's like my mom, the long, heavy DA revolver trigger pull might give her issues.

Buy a real holster; a nig rigged setup for something that could go off and sever your femoral artery is not something you want to be playing around with.

Thanks for the recommendation, I hadn't heard of this one. If the trigger isn't worse than my S&W Model 10 in double action she should be fine, she has no problem with it, it's just on the big side for her hands

She may be fine with a DAO revolver then. The Shield EZ is easier to use than the Glock. I can't comment about how it takes to limp wristing. Probably want her to try it first, if possible.

Yeah, that's still a a concern. My idea is, I'm gonna buy a gun worth about what she paid for her Glock, give or take, the idea being if she's happier with whatever I buy I'll trade her for her Glock, since I like it a lot and whenever I get around to getting a CCL it's perfect for me.

But yeah ease of manipulation doesn't prevent stovepipes, and althought she handles my Model 10 great, I read reviews about people complaining about J-frames hurting to shoot. Granted I'd only get her a .38 J-frame, and not the scandium or whatever lightweight frames, and it would have rubber grips, but having never shot a J-frame I can't distinguish what's picky internet criticism vs what she would actually find usable. Sights are the other thing with a revolver, they're not great on J-frames, I'm tempted to buy her one with the built-in laser grips, since all she needs is like 30 feet at MOST

I just got my California CCW preliminary approval. I have 90 days to complete the class and certify with my handgun(s).

I currently own a Glock 19. I'd like a smaller, single-stack for when I'm running or at the gym. Unfortunately, I'm restricted by the handgun roster. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can get a good deal on the Ruger LC380 at the moment, but I've never actually fired one. It's also more expensive than the Bersa Thunder if I go the .380 route. I don't know if it's actually better.

I'm trying to sell a P-01 for $600 that comes with night sites, g10 grips, and 5 mags, but people keep lowballing me between 500-550

Am I an idiot for asking as much as I am?

Looking for recommendations for a 20 gauge bantam shotgun. Not particular on action, just something balanced enough for a pre-teen. Oh and fuck .410

Cops might still shoot you, though.

>Am I an idiot for asking as much as I am?
honestly yes if you want the money part it out
leave 2 mags with the gun sell the rest separately
people will still offer 500 for that. if youve still got the original grips you could install the oldones and still get 500. then sell those grips for 30 bucks or whatever. bundling is bad if you want to maximize profit.

are suppressors like pic related realistic or are they different somehow due to being lower ish on the barrel?

Attached: weird suppressor.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Maxim Silencer.

Concealed Carrylet here, found out my state allows CC just for being a resident for a year so figure I may as well. Only thing I got small enough that it isn't obvious is this little .380.
How are you supposed to wear thins thing? I've been clipping it on the inside of my pants on the front of my hip since that hides the bulk pretty well, but I get the feeling there's a better way

Attached: gÜn.jpg (330x586, 26K)

Which of these 3 (not including the Thompson) would you recommend as a ~200 yard deer and bear rifle?

I’m mainly concerned at how long the scopes will last, and I’m going to keep whatever gun I get factory stock.

Attached: D849D53F-D76B-4466-AB4D-6BAB2289CAE3.jpg (1125x1432, 463K)

>I’m mainly concerned at how long the scopes will last, and I’m going to keep whatever gun I get factory stock.
buy the version without a bundled scope

I’m on a pretty tight budget. If I replace the scope it will definitely be with a vx-freedom 3-9x40. Is that better than any of the scopes these guns come with?

I like stainless friend.

Get a real holster before you shoot yourself I swear to god.

How do you make safe a loaded 1911 that has the safety engaged and hammer back?

> Someone hands me a 1911, never held one before. Tell's me it's loaded.
> Drop magazine.
> Try to rack slide to clear chamber.
> Can't rack slide.
> Awkwardly hand it back.

I never realized it was so different from a glock. What is the trick to not shoot my dick off?

you have to turn off the thumb safety to rack the slide.

Drives me nuts, especially having to lower the hammer down with your thumb like some fucking 6 shooter. i get it's a 100 year old design but still

First you yell at them for handing a loaded gun to another person but to answer your question the safety was on which prevents you from racking the slide on a 1911. You flip it up to turn it on and down to turn it off.

Me to..?

What kind if radio should i use on my plate carrier?

if you had people to communicate with you wouldnt have to ask. dont put useless shit on your pc

With the 1911 you have to visually inspect the barrel to see if there is a live round in the chamber. Point the barrel towards your face and inspect it. If the firearm is loaded you should be able to see the cartridge. The advantage of 1911 design is that you can also see the condition of your barrel so maintenance is a snap.

Some people aren't physically capable of using firearms. If she doesn't have the hand strength to rack a slide she's not going to be able to pull a twelve pound DA trigger. Or cock the hammer. Or put enough force on the cylinder latch to open it. Or operate a .22 LR semiauto rifle because some of the recoil springs are kind of heavy.

Is she capable of taking care of herself, or is she really belong in a nursing home?

look at 380 pistols. that is basically the only reason they exist.

Lock back the slide and hand it back that way, so the other person can see the chamber is empty.

Is $240 good for a standard M91/30 Mosin? I'm more acquainted with 1903s

To add to this, it's all matching and unmolested.

It came with the damn gun is the best part lol. Thought it seemed sketchy

I'm having a hard time finding a decent review of the PTR 91 GI. Most is just lowkey shilling.

Anybody have any experience? How good is PTR's QC? Are these rifles reliable? It seems to be a mixed bag.

Talking specifically about the GI model.

Anymore that's not bad. I'd say go for it.

Is there any good way to put irons on a savage axis, Ruger American, etc?

Can someone recommend a good IWB holster for a Ruger American pistol? I'm not really sure which holster companies are good and which aren't.

I have an old charter arms AR7 that needs 50 bucks in parts to be operational, is it even worth it?

K16i or Razor HD Gen 2 E? For an AR

I want a bolt action hunting rifle and have 1800 USD to spend (before optics). I'm looking at Christensen, Nosler, and Sako.

Any opinions?

Attached: 85_action_0_0.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Better than buying a new one, the new ones are ultra trash.

Bruh all the PTRs are pretty damn good, the GI being no different, and if you did find anything wrong with your gun, they have an excellent warranty to cover it.

Just buy it, you won’t regret it.

Are you asking how to CC in general? Fuck around with it nigger, it clips to your belt and hangs in your waistband, move it around until you find a comfy spot for it. My full size .45 has to sit on my hip or at the 5 o clock position, it sits just fine under my jacket

Don't listen to that fag, those holsters work for thousands of people every day. It's not like you've got a hair trigger with no safety

K16i or Razor HD Gen II - E? Babbys first optic and I can't make a decision

Razer.

I've never heard anything bad about any Sako product, for whatever that's worth.

Adam's Arms gas piston AR15 upper, P3 picatinny gas block, how to adjust it so that it cycles

This is a general rule for gas operated firearms with an adjustable gas system.

You start with the gas system closed off and open it one click at a time, firing a shot each time, until you have found the minimum setting where it will cycle with the ammo you're using. For military use, for example, for an FAL you'd open it two clicks more and call it good, to make sure the rifle works with other ammo, or when it's really dirty, but that's the norm.

What do people mean when they say a part "is a blem"? I'm assuming it's short for blemish but it doesn't make sense grammatically so I'm unsure.

Is a blem. Is wrong, is a blem x is a pretty standard way of describing how you managed to save 50 bucks on your upper

>doesnt make sense grammatically
Uh what
Yes it does it's just shorthand

I just bought mine a month ago and it kicks ass I love it. I’ve only put like 600 rounds through it with mixed ammo but it has been reliable the whole time no malfunctions whatsoever everyone I know that has one has never had any issues either. Using steel or brass it eats both just fine but don’t plan on reloading anything it chews the shit out of any casing and launches them into low earth orbit.

Wanna sell my Winchester 1866 "yellow boy" in .38 special.
How much should I ask for?

Attached: asfasfas.jpg (1556x593, 60K)

about tree fiddy

No, seriously, check Gunbroker for current pricing, if anyone's selling one.

Thank (You), see you in the boogaloo

blemished

Lookin to get a solvent trap for the AK, is one of the oil filter ones worth it? seems pretty cheap and keeps me from dripping solvent all over the goddman carpet. Any specific places to look for one?

Attached: oilfilter-compressor.jpg (635x400, 29K)

i have an old-fashioned lawnmower (no engine just a cylinder of blades) and i'll have to do some sharpening in the near future. any knifefags have a favorite whetstone/sharpening product to recommend?

A single-cut bastard file for the initial sharpening and a carborundum stone to smooth it up.

thank you

I have an Yugo sks if your interested.

What about a Yugo with bayo and original stick and sling

Be aware that the threads are kind of janky on a lot of aks and the adapters for 14-1LH thread will usually be really loose, still usable if you are doing pic-related but if you want to use something more.. inline, it can become a slight issue.
I think Orion makes a set that comes with a plate that goes onto the adapter first, see those holes on the back of those in pic related? Solvent can leak everywhere out of those and get all over your goddamn carpet, the plate helps stop that.

Reposting since it probably doesn't need a thread

Which model is the best? Looking for a gun for hunting/going innawoods and some target shooting. The T3X seems like the best value but I went on their site and I can't choose between the 20 choices
tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x

leaning towards Compact or CTR fwiw

I've never heard anything bad about ANY Tikka product. The Finns make good stuff.

If you have looked at all the specs for all the models and have decided the T3X is the one that will do what you want it to do, I can't argue with that.

What caliber will you choose, by the way?

Oh. I looked at the list of T3X models.

For innawoods, I'd be thinking about the Superlite, with the fluted barrel. For target, the TAC or TAC A1. The TAC is lighter and will be easier to carry around innawoods, the TAC A1 is an all-out chassis rifle with full freefloated barrel under an AR style slotted handguard, and kind of chunky, but if you want to shoot from the bench, that is what it was made for. I suspect there will be people carrying them innawoods also. Eleven pounds isn't that bad, compared to some rifles out there.

Thanks. Going CTR in .308, best all-round I think.