Fuck yes, new cheap ruger revolver

ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html

Looks like 200$ street. Aluminum frame is kind of lame, but should be nice and light i guess.

Attached: wranglilron.jpg (1500x766, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

want, also want in 22wmr

eh. I don't really see the benefit of this over a heritage rough rider. I want a cheaper vaquero or blackhawk

>Aluminum frame is kind of lame

...why?

We live in the age of aluminum alloys and composites.

Holy shit I need it

This is just to reclaim the low-cost Single-Six market they lost to cheapass clones of their Single-Six.

Serves them right for being overpriced for so long

Because I have a single 6 with 250k rounds through it thats still chugging along. Not sure if aluminum framed .22s can take the same abuse. Needless to say, I have gotten my money's worth outta that little bastard.

Well it looks better than the Chiappa at least

>250k rounds
Bull shit. lol
Even if you accidentally added a zero you're still full of shit kid, 25,000 rounds is absurd.

Why would I want this when I can get a Rough Rider which is better looking and $50-$100 cheaper?

at least it's not covered in billboards..is Ruger learning?

> Not sure if aluminum framed can take the same abuse
Depends on the alloy, some of it surpasses steel

Mechanical properties of metal have a dozen measurable aspects

Toughness? Aluminum
Hardness? Steel
Etc

>25k rounds
Assuming 10$ per brick of 500, that's 500$ of ammo

That's 50 range trips if you went through a 500 brick each trip

I've been chewing through 10k rounds just in the last year

This is actually pretty good looking. Cerakote'd aluminum doesn't show well in flash photography

Ruger's warranty service > Everything else

>t. norange
If you own a .22 and don't shoot it at least a hundred times every time you go out, you're not really shooting enough

lol Heritage is about to get beat up and have their lunch money stolen by Ruger.

Not that guy but I have a ruger 22 revolver that's been passed down through like 3 generations. If the older ones had shot as much as me it'd be around there, can literally just spend a whole day shooting a 1000 rounds casually

Don't worry, it still has that classic RUGER © billboard. It's just slightly smaller on this model because of lack of real estate.

Attached: billbored.jpg (1500x766, 152K)

Benefit: It's .22 so I won't worry about the urge to play Russian roulette

Con: It's fucking .22. Who the fuck wants a .22?

>no 16"

Why even bother?

Attached: 139981[1].jpg (4000x1091, 265K)

Uh huh. Post a pic of the smooth bore.

inb4 you replaced it
inb4 you replaced everything worn
inb4 it looks brand new because you never shot a tenth as much as you claim

I hear they have pretty shit durability overall, if ruger performs as expected they've got themselves a solid niche as "The .22 revolver that doesn't suck"

The "billboard" is the giant safety warnings ruger puts on everything which is absent here.

Bro, a .22 you dont have to buy mags for is the best shit

I don't think you know what "billboard" means.

>This is just to reclaim the low-cost Single-Six market they lost to cheapass clones of their Single-Six.
>Serves them right for being overpriced for so long

When the fuck is someone going to make GOOD 22 revolvers again?

They had better 22 revolvers in the fucking 1930's

>Uh huh. Post a pic of the smooth bore.
Other guy

I've got more 22's than anything else and tend to shoot a brick or more per range trip. I chimed in to say it's not that far fetched if you've owned a 22 for decades and still shoot on the regular. A lot of handguns are rated for over 25-30k rounds

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Heritages have enough durablity that the average shooter wont break it unless it comes broken. Someone who shoots frequently will wreck it in under 5 years but by then youve put thousands of dollars through it and it was like 150 bucks.

Mine's had about 8k though it so far and has been ok. I don't really see what Ruger brings to the table here.

They aren't overpriced, they're made better.

Quality materials cost more.

>I want a cheaper vaquero or blackhawk
Same. I just can't justify $700 for a single action. I know it isn't really feasible to sell them for cheaper, and yes I'm a poorfag student. Looking forward to buying one in a few years, assuming Ruger can avoid cheaping out and discontinuing them.

>t. salty poorfag student watching gun companies discontinue guns he wants to own and not looking forward to having to deal with boomers scalping them for 2-3x their value.

>Transfer bar mechanism and loading gate interlock provide an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge.

Junk

You know .22 barrels last for fucking ages right?

>Material costs

Bud, stick to your liberal arts degree

There's quality shit coming out of fucking Turkey for 250$ that gives 500$ locally produced guns a run for their money, and the materials used aren't the big factor there.

Labor for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and QC is fucking expensive dependent on the labor's living expenses

Am I the only person that doesn't get excited over new .22LR guns? .22 ARs are more obnoxious though, not sure who the market for that is.

There is not quality shit coming out of turkey aside from some double barrels and the zenith imported HK clones and both of those are on the pricier side.

I get excited when GOOD 22lr guns come out. So many of them today are built like toys and they seem to be an afterthought for most makers.

The GP100 in 22lr, and some of the CZ offerings were the last 22's I was excited to see.

The modern Single Six is crap, so there is no reason not to buy thqt over one of these

in what world does a 22lr steel barrel revolver not out last monarchys? It might be a little worn, sure but smooth bore?

What is wrong with the current production ones?

250k is a conservative estimate. Ive had it since 1990. Shoot more kiddo.

That breaks down to 24 rounds a day every single day through a slow-loading single action. Or 160-170 rounds every weekend.

I think you're kind of overstating your case, dude.

Ruger is on fire

>.22 revolver

Damn. I wanted something bigger. I have enough .22s already damn it.

Meh. I've shot he 5.5" Single Six and I do better with my Rough Rider cuz 6.5" barrel provides looooong sight picture thus, more bullsyes.

The short barrels do "point" and "feel" nicer. What's the point if you miss more though? Ruger makes a 7.5" .22lr revolver that kicks ass out to 125yards.

Attached: 72796250030-2 (1).jpg (600x600, 53K)

Just making a point to our .22-less gomperstomper.

Does that thing on the side of the barrel have a function, or is it just a fake black powder ram?

So it’s a poorfag version of the bearcat?
>ceracoat
I’m sticking to my bearcat.

Knock out the spent casings if they are stuck you silly goose.

Yeah the dull duracoat fucking ruins it for me. Guess I'll get a Heritage. People polish these things wonderfully

Attached: Heritage_Arms_Rough_Rider_New_22LR_22_Magnum_New_Wood_Grips_1__45665.1518210643.jpg (1280x853, 721K)

Its .22, you act like its gonna wear the barrel down. I got a .22 made in 1944, probably has 200k rounds.

So it has a gate in the back instead of a swing out cylinder? Seems like a PITA.

Yeah. You can see the gate in the picture.

Looks nice, my bearcat has been passed down in my family and I’m the third owner so considering how many rounds my dad and I have put through it I’ve been considering retiring it to a show piece because it started jamming up. Took it completely apart and cleaned and lubed it and now it’s shooting better than when I first shot it as a kid.

It's tradition bro now fuck off. Sometimes it's fun to slow down and savor the time you're shooting. Same way it's fun to drive a 5 speed even though auto trans are faster and superior in every way. Of course k is just after MAXIMUM FIRE POWER AND COMBAT EFFECTIVENESS

Eugh. I want to like it but it's a bit over the top, no? Am I the only one that thinks this option is pretty silly looking?

Attached: 3.jpg (1500x765, 103K)

this, it’s relaxing to plink and chat with friends at that pace.

>superior in every way
Sticklet confirmed

Seconding this. There's something cathartic about gate revolvers also. I wouldn't want it to be my only gun but they are still lots of fun to use.

At this rate the only thing I'll ever own is Rugers. I guess there's nothing really wrong with that but I'm told variety is the spice of life. If someone went poking through my guns they'd think I'm a Ruger fanboy.

Attached: 1528491225486.png (480x452, 222K)

This color in particular. It’s a weird mismatch of super modern taticool brown on a oldie timey revolver.

How is it possible for a firearms company to consistently make so many bad decisions on new products?

>t. larper

Are you really so retarded that you dont know what larp means

because ruger hasn’t copied something good in a while

Are you really so retarded you think ruger has done anything wrong with their firearm lineup as of late? Noguns detected, ergo you are a larping piece of shit. Not even that user

All they had to do was make the pcc with a wood stock

Or not stamp garbage warning labels on their guns

Or make a decent lever action

Or just not make the American, or the garbage in OPs post

Or, oh idk, literally anything new and interesting

You really have no idea what larping is do you? What's life like as a brainlet?

>all I wanted from ruger was something ruger has never done before

Attached: 1549379023295.jpg (1024x555, 111K)

>asshurt larper continues to sit at his desk pretending to know what he's talking about

>All they had to do was make the pcc with a wood stock

I see this now and again and I don't really get what the deal is. What's wrong with the synthetic stock?

Attached: 1476820153929.jpg (571x720, 165K)

How much is ruger paying you for this piss poor attempt at viral marketing? At 4:00 on good Friday no less

Fit and finish decline like everything else, conversion hurts accuracy

>east coast fag

Actually my boss is paying me to tell some noguns larper that ruger is a perfectly adequate brand as long as you're actually planning on buying a ruger. Don't get a century and bitch about it being knockoff Soviet junk, and don't bitch when ruger caters to a market you don't like. I bet you whine to anyone who'll listen about how monotonous the pop station is instead of changing the channel

What's it like being a sad west coast gen Xer trying to do viral marketing? Do you feel outclassed? Try asking your boss if he thinks insulting the client's consumer base is a good idea

enjoy your heroin this weekend, gen Xer! life is hard

An aluminum casting by Ruger, who is one of the world leaders in making good castings, is pretty legit in terms of quality. Meanwhile, the Rough Rider, while decent enough for how cheap it is, uses a shitty zinc alloy frame.

Keep screeching you autistic child, you don't own any guns and you weren't going to buy from ruger anyway, so don't pretend I'm some shill just for pointing these facts out, you dumb fuck larper. Thanks for getting this triggered over one (1) singular word

Do you even try to hide the needle tracks? Or is being addicted to smack just accepted as normal now in California?

>unironic psychotic rambling
Hahahaha post pictures of your neckbeard nest

>ruger.com/products/wrangler/models.html
Aren't those a literal 50/50 chance of getting a good or a bad one though?

Ruger's marketing is just as good as their products.

Which is to say, it's not.

>who is one of the world leaders in making good castings, is pretty legit in terms of quality.
Have you ever like, held a Ruger? My buddies single 7 has an out of spec loading gate, my 10/22 needed the bolt filed a bit cycle smoothly and in general their quality is okay at best. They make cool guns in theory, but they're in no way "pretty legit" or whatever that means

No, you seriously need mental help, you're living in a fantasy land to cope with being called a larper

This is on the front page of the Ruger website righ now, the very first thing you see

I can't wait to see what airsoft guns they introduce at SHOT Show 2020

Attached: frontpage.jpg (1330x451, 125K)

>3 boxes of .22 a weekend
>$6 of ammo
>$3 a decade ago
>Impossibru!!

Congratulations on being the most retarded tripfag on Jow Forums

Someone doesn't properly enjoy .22s

Attached: image.jpg (3088x2316, 1.96M)

>ruger is selling guns I don't like to people who do
>someone must stop this
Literally just go be somewhere else, how hard is it, nigger? It's not your cup of tea, doesn't make it shit you sperg

Attached: Brain damage horny girl.jpg (640x645, 445K)

>RUGER: we care strongly about making a concertedly half-assed effort to sort of try to appear like we care about our customers

Attached: sad_bill_ruger.jpg (1078x579, 184K)

The 1950s were the age of aluminum alloys.

We live in the age of plastic. Good on Ruger for not putting a plastic frame on it, I guess.

Ruger murdered my brother 10 years ago.

Oh I get it, you're a shill. Okay, have fun dumping the rest of your folder

That price point is where the Bearcat SHOULD be.

Wrangler has a nice name but it's fucking ugly as hell. Will not buy.

I have a Ruger Mk III 22/45 I bought in 2007. I have put at least forty thousand rounds through it. For a while in 2008-09 I was shooting 1000+ rounds a week through it, more weeks than not.

>folder
Buddy that's a screenshot from 5 minutes ago right off the ruger website

>Uh huh. Post a pic of the smooth bore.

You do know .22 LR is a low-pressure round that uses a soft lead bullet, right? Cleaning the bore with a steel rod wears the rifling more than shooting it does. I use a boresnake, so nothing comes in contact with the bore but cloth fibers and soft bronze brush bristles.

Right, you just felt like coming into s ruger thread to talk about how you hate ruger so much, I get it, everyone needs to make a living, but kindly fuck off someplace else because everyone else ITT has a 10/22

>A lot of handguns are rated for over 25-30k rounds

Yup. .22 LR is a low pressure round that uses only soft lead bullets. There are family heirloom .22s over a hundred years old that have been in constant use since before World War I, that still aren't worn out. The bores are just fine.

$700 is well worth it though. These are built like tanks and will be able to be shot by your great grand children if they are taken care of.

Attached: F41C7D8A-4B43-4056-B266-F902FC6B7670.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

Pic related is my Security Six. It's been shot regularly since December of 1972 when it was made, and, to my knowledge, it has never had any malfunctions that weren't caused by questionable ammunition. It continues to work perfectly even today.

Now that we have the anecdotes out of the way, I want to point out that Ruger is indeed one of the world leaders in castings. Look up Pine Tree Castings and the companies/organizations for whom they've made products. In the gun industry alone, Ruger supplies or has supplied frames for Freedom Arms revolvers, Caspian 1911 frames, and the frames of some of the Mulhouse-era Manurhin revolvers.

Attached: Sec6.jpg (4608x3456, 2.42M)

>wanting a revolver blow up in your hand because its made from weak metal.

no thanks.