Alright ladies now everyone wash up and report back at 0700

>alright ladies now everyone wash up and report back at 0700

How long does it take to get used to this?
t. Neverserved

Attached: F22A9A42-42C7-4E74-83A2-8B2211C1294F.jpg (600x450, 33K)

>that one guy who still thinks it's hilarious the hundredth time he tells someone their ass is bleeding

The only time I used communal showers was in bootcamp and SOI. In bootcamp, there wasn't time to think about it. They'd turn on all the showerheads and you'd have exactly the amount of time it takes you to walk in a circle around the room to get clean. In SOI everyone was kind of staggered so you weren't in a crowded room full of naked dudes.

The worst thing to get used to was bootcamp shitting. No stalls, just a room full of toilets about 2 feet away from each other. You'd have a conversation with the dudes next to you while also watching them strain and grunt to push a turd out.

Do they not put dividers between the toilets to maintain esprit de corps?

Attached: 4241532D-B791-4B77-A11B-8B88780439F4.jpg (3264x1840, 447K)

I've always wondered how anybody manages to get clean on such a time crunch. Takes me like 15 minutes to even begin to feel like I'm appropriately clean. How does one efficiently shower?

>tfw only 1 shower a week

Only time we had communal showers was basic and we only got to take like 4 showers total so its not that bad

unless you are literally covered in motor oil it takes less than 5 minutes to shower

Bootcamp you have no control in the matter. DIs would turn ice water on for 10 seconds, turn it off for 30, turn on steaming water 10 seconds. Not that bad though.

After that, you don't really have big time constraints on showering - communally or otherwise. Showering with other dudes only takes place deployed / big field excersises, and it's annoying but after a week without a shower you really look foward to it.

>just a room full of toilets about 2 feet away from each other. You'd have a conversation with the dudes next to you while also watching them strain and grunt to push a turd out.
I've always loathed this so much. This is still a thing?

Dunno, I scrub-a-dub-dub but still smell bad unless I give it a thrice over.

this is my worst fear. luckily i have not been forced into one of these situations thus far.

stop drinking beer and eating garbage food and you wont smell bad. your skin bacteria is fucked up

Dunno. It was in 2009. I assume it still is.

it depends on if your barracks are old or not

All i eat is meat and vegetals bro wtf

when i did basic in canada 11 years ago we had about 60 seconds to actually shower. scrub your pits, balls and ass and get out. Total 5 minutes to shower, shave, brush your teeth and get your clothes back on

Swiss and infantry here, so experience might differ from all the burgers and clerks here.
We do have these kinds of showers in schools as well, so after PE we also shower like this. First possibility to get used to. Then in RS/basic you tend to have 30 mins for ID: showering, brushing teeth, stowing clothes and preparing for the next day before room inspection and lights out. So there is not a lot of time, you just get it done. Then in WK/repetition course it becomes a completely different thing, everyone is walking around half naked after work anyway, if we are allowed to have a beer we sometimes had it in the showers. It becomes a bonding experience, like the Finns and their saunas.

Damn i have to try this 5 minute shower meme, sounds tough

meat (big mac) and veggies (pickles)

2-3 days. i only did it in army basic, and that was in the trailers at fort jackson. a big plastic shower room with only three heads for 30 guys. the faggots in the space ship barracks slept 60 to a room but they had individual tiled showers. fuckers.

>30 minutes to shower/shave
Sounds nice.

At MCRD SD in '97 we had dividers but no stall doors. The last stall in the back was designated for jacking off.

about 60 seconds, at first you're too rushed to care and then the not caring stays with you.
I remember going from community showers to stalls after basic and being completely unfazed at male nudity while random other dudes were freaking out when I walked into the bathrooms naked or used the stall without shower curtains.

This was still true at MCRD SD as of 2014.
The receiving barracks had no stalls, though.

No a big juicy steak and a big bowl of brogli

It's absolutely a different experience here. You get a lot more freedom in a way, basically Auftragstaktik. You are not ordered to shower, you are ordere to do ID, Innerer Dienst. What that means to you personally might differ. But there are consequences nevertheless: if you are not ready = Figg/PT. Not shaven good enough = Figg. Forgot something = Figg. Too late = Figg. Did not read the order of the day by yourself and execute it independently = Figg.

We didn't have those in BCT, we had person shower stalls but a communal changing area. Also it took me like 3 weeks to get used to a bunch of the stuff like that in BCT.

I'm guessing instructors don't hit recruits? I can understand.

No, that does not happen. But there wasn't any reason to. People knew when they fucked up. Either the individual or all of us would get PT'd. In a way it's quite a mature way of treating people, but that only works because the biggest fuckups get weeded out. Not that everyone is smart, but you can trust most of them with a bit of responsibility.

I mean same here man but my shower is 10 mins max unless I'm really feeling down about myself or something and I just let the water wash away my sins.

My college dorm was like this and it sucked.

I agree that a country with compulsory service that isn't at war probably doesn't need recruits to be choked/bleached/put into dryers.

Some gyms and swimming pools are like that here in Italy, nobody cares.
How old are yous? Nobody looks at your junk, kids.

I do.

It's also not a Vietnam-era draft. The people who are there are not really forced. There are plenty of ways out. We talked after class about what Funktion/MOS we want, the requirements and so on. We wanted to be there.

>Europe

I know ya'll are sensitive to Achmed's culture but why aren't yall considerate of American's culture? Man, just playing into that rude European sterotype.

It's inconvenient, but by the time you shower off and get ready for lights out you're sore and oily anyway, so everybody is just focused on getting their whole body lathered and rinsed so they can get out

The first week is such a shock that you're not even thinking about it. You just shower because you're being yelled at to do so. As you get more comfortable, it gets more relaxed, and rowdy.

Disneyland are the best dorms, period. On weekends sometimes we would have 2-3 showerheads to ourselves.

this. Also it's worth noting that by week six in USAF BMT your TI's start to give you more slack. So by light's out you can go back and shave better and shower independently as long as you don't make a lot of noise or bother the other trainees or TI. When I went through lackland my flight leader was showering at 11 because he had mud butt all week and wanted to be as clean as possible for health reasons. the msgt just walked by and ignored him because he understood that my wingman wasn't just trying to enjoy a hot soak before bed.
The first 2 weeks are to get you acclimated to functioning in a high stress environment where you have to be able to execute commands to the letter and shift your brain into 'I'm doing this because I have to do this and I'm doing this right now.' After that BMT in the AF really becomes, 'here's how to behave like a member of the military, here's how you do X and Y, and here's how you make the most out of your time in the service.'

Based

yea my showers last like 20 minutes but 15 of them are spent wondering if im ever gonna be happy again haha

wait. no bidet?

He's lying. Communal shower in pools/gyms and schools are the norm here in Italy but everyone goes with a swimsuit on. Italians are prudish compared to other europeans. Only in gyms they almost always go naked but it's because it's always full of closet faggots.

Lmao like 1 week
So when I was in boot my buddy mazur and I would start making that untz untz untz sound while we waited for the showers.
We thought it was funny.