Noguns favorite gun setups?

Everytime I take friends or family out shooting that are noguns, they always always like shooting anything with a scope. Usually they'll do 1-2 mags worth of anything with iron sights (unless handgun) and then will keep on the 10/22 with 2-7x or Savage axis .223 with 6-18x. AR too but they generally dislike the red dot setup.

Here we were shooting big " easy mode" plates at 250yards (I think they're 6" and 10") and it was a blast for everyone.

A few friends have then went and got a 10/22 or bolt action .22lr after realizing what centerfire, even cheap .223 costs.

What are your experiences with noguns and what guns do they generally say is there fav. and "I want one of these"

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-182733__01.jpg (1408x1080, 620K)

I guess it just comes down to actually hitting targets and ringing bullseyes. The Mosin and SKS are generally the most disliked.

Can confirm, all my no-guns like the bolt Marlin XT22 and a .38spc.

I don't own any scopes because the thought of having to zero them makes me nervous for some reason

Wal Mart tier scopes that don't hold zero can be frustrating. You only need to spend like $200 to get a scope that isn't total shit.

10/22 is king for teaching basic marksmanship.
Usually I`ll hand out my 10/22 aniversary edition which has roughly 20.000 round through.

Depends on the person. Some people just take to certain guns. For example, my friend brought a slr104 with some new shooters and they loved it. He also had a 16” ar with brake, so pretty similar, and they did not really like it. Just different strokes for different folks.
But id agree with the 22lr rifle sentiment. That seems to be the least intimidating and easiest to shoot

Its not really that hard to zero in a scope. You can buy one of those bore laser pointers and walk out 50 yards and zero in your scope at 50 yards, then walk out to 75 yards, fire a few rounds, make adjustments, then walk out to 100, etc until you get the distance you want to go out to.

scoped 10/22s or just any scoped semi auto 22lr fired from a bench. because they are happy they can hit shit. compared to hating irons. pull out an assortment of rifles they always gravitate towards the scoped ones then once they get their ass handed to them by recoil of 308 or whatever they stick with the 22. hell even when ive got 2 identical 10/22s they bitch about sights being hard and only like the scoped one.

underfolder draco gets the normies crying allah ackbar

>the thought of having to zero them makes me nervous for some reason

what? why?

Noguns love my M9A3, also would probably like the CMMG 22 conversion I got for my AR awhile back but have had no new noguns on which to test this hypothesis. Also N frame 357s loaded with 38, because they're big kittens that look like tigers when you load them soft.

Went shooting with a friend, he brought his girlfriends ruger 9mm, and I brought my glock. He shot like shit with her pistol, and we’ll with mine. Loved it. Wants one,

G19

We also shot a 12 gauge and I think he almost creamed himself

my 16 yo daughters friends only want to shoot my AR's when they get invited to shoot on my backyard range. they are the only noguns that have been here, my friends all are owners.

Thats because muzzle break for a new person is just annoyingly loud and completely not needed. People tend to not enjoy having gasses blown back and it being far louder than necessary for plinking slowly.

I’ve found that the AK is uncomfortable for a lot of people to shoot because of the comb of the stock. Most new shooters don’t have the instinct to pull the gun into themself and “get behind it”, instead they just hold the stock up to the general area of their shoulder and pull the trigger.

The Garand is easy for most people to shoot, especially for a full-powered rifle. The recoil impulse is long enough that it feels like it’s “bouncing” off of you rather than impacting you.

Noguns boomers who might have played around with BB guns but have never played a FPS game are ALWAYS blown away using a red dot or holograph sight for the first time.

The slr104 also has a brake

Your average new shooter likes to shoot an AR with the stock fully extended.

Shooting a typical “budget” AR (16” bbl, carbine gas, A2 grip) like this is very awkward.

The M9 is a great gun to learn on IMO because it’s big, heavy, and all of the controls are large and positive with a satisfying *click*

Releasing the slide stop and decocking M9 is much more “visceral” (tactile? Haptic?) than releasing the slide on a Glock.

I can confirm what a lot of other anons said. Anything bolt with a scope draws a lot of attention. Whether that's the Savage 22lr or the Tikka 308, they're always on board.

They're always put off by the AR15, but have no issues/enjoy shooting my shitty mp5 22lr clone. Weird, but whatever. I've had a few tell me that the handguns are "scary" too.

Why would it make you any more nervous than the thought of zeroing your irons?
You do zero your irons, right?

This, even $4-500 scopes offer amazing performance compared to 10-15 years ago.

As for OP's question, any time I get them ringing steel or shooting at reacting targets they're hooked.

Usually I take out:
>Mark 23 with Can
>Spas 12
>AKS74U
>HK416D with can
>MP5 with and without can
>Random 38special wheelgun
And they have a great time
If I really care about the person or am trying to get my dick wet I will break out something more expensive to shoot but more entertaining

>be europoor
>get to shoot mosin
>shoulder hurts
>couldnt figure out how to operate the bolt

Attached: 1555158739233.gif (250x254, 149K)

I love that *SCHLUNK it makes

>>couldnt figure out how to operate the bolt

first, you need a 2x4, some vodka, and a goat...