Is it good for poorer countries to upgrade their m113s?

Is it good for poorer countries to upgrade their m113s?

>pic-related is phillipine m113s with elbit systems 25mm turrets that were used at the battle of marawi.

Attached: M113 A2 with Unmanned Turret System 2.jpg (953x807, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qItCQm3vUd0
edition.cnn.com/2019/04/05/asia/south-china-sea-duterte-beijing-intl/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ascmic92rPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They look like kitbashed Rhinos.

Better than nothing and certainly cheaper than new APC/IFV's

this desu
it could be a poor mans Bradley pretty easily

Stop trying so hard.

In Israel we consider them death traps and are throwing them out altogether. Replaced with Namer heavy APC's and pic related. Based on the Russian Bumerang APC.

Attached: eitan.jpg (600x400, 157K)

>best poorfag M113
Quad M2's for anti infantry fuckery.

Nope. Those thing ain't deployed Marawi, instead those M113 deployed on western Filipino as QRF against Communist Chinese marines. Only Vietnam era V-150 with advanced applique armour were deployed.

Attached: DCCj1JPVwAEewYU.jpg (1200x850, 247K)

There's confirmed proposal on Malacanang that Duterte on talk with Mahathir asking for Malaysian to supply Filipino army with Malaysian surplus ACV-300 (Improved M113 variant) and possible Malaysian AV-8 to imported to Filipino.

Attached: fnss-acv-15-amphibious-armored-combat-vehicle-1.jpg (800x533, 41K)

>In Israel
No one gives a rats ass about Israel, kike.

>implying Chinese lapdog is interested with arming the Philippine military for his masters

But does it come with free wifi?

Malaysia is a bankrupt third world shithole that barely has enough for its own defense budget, and Malaysian-made shit is known for being defective, such as Malaysian-made Steyrs

Why not just buy Chinese? It comes with economic aid that does not have strings attached like what America offers, which includes putting American goals first before your own country's.

Italians made them swim
youtube.com/watch?v=qItCQm3vUd0

Attached: arisgator6-f.jpg (1920x824, 190K)

Filipino military are like Orks in real life. Figures too, since the flip girl I dated was a psycho but Jow Forums as fuck.

Attached: img[1].jpg (733x501, 129K)

flip girls have worse body and facial hair than the men

My ex was totally hairless except the top of her head and her pubes. You couldn't even tell she didn't shave her legs.

>Filipino military are like Orks in real life. Figures too, since the flip girl I dated was a psycho but Jow Forums as fuck.

They are all psychos

edition.cnn.com/2019/04/05/asia/south-china-sea-duterte-beijing-intl/index.html

Oh are those more effective against unarmed children?

>They are all psychos

I went to the Springfield Armory Museum with her and she immediately picked out a Filipino sword on the wall because "only my people would be crazy enough to make that."

Low T beta white guy

No one cares about your stories about defaulting to the easiest race to date because you have low standards, manlet

>It comes with economic aid that does not have strings attached
Fuck off, Chang.

>manlet

I'm over 6'. Dating a 4'11" sex fiend chick is IMAGINE territory.

Gee I wonder who is behind this post

Attached: Indonesiaball_with_kopiah.png (450x450, 7K)

Did you know why Duterte got angry with America and Obama? After he got elected, America sent a diplomat over to brief him about his loyalty to America and what will happen if he neglects putting America first. The diplomat cited Libya, Tunisia and Syria as examples and said that American NGOs has already infiltrated every part of his infrastructure and it will be easy to incite violence on their part. This made Duterte deport the diplomat and turn to China. Now the Philippines is slowly but surely turning to the country that will really help them unlike the Americans that has been in the Philippines for more than 100 years and yet just stuck there like a leech siphoning all the resources and manpower.

3/10
props for trying

As for the flips, if they really wanted Malaysia's help, they should get this instead.

It's more suited for counterinsurgency warfare with V-shaped hull and Stanag level 4 protection (plus being way cheaper)

Attached: Deftech_AV4_Lipan_Bara_4x4_armored_ready_to_be_used_by_Malaysian_army_925_001.jpg (925x613, 130K)

It's pointless for poorer countries to invest in any conventional weapons.
Focus on making CBRN resistant underground fortifications everywhere in case of nuclear devastation if larger powers decide to fuck the world.
Arm and train the populace for guerilla war. Stage nation-wide drills that simulate destroying vital infrastructure invaders need. Teach citizens marksmanship, survival skills, and navigation.
Develop and stockpile long-term rations as well as nato and warsaw ammo.
This is assuming said nation is just poor and not unstable and corrupt.

poor countries can still fight other poor countries
it's kind of pointless to develop your military around a confrontation with a superpower

Unless you're Sparky, M113s are death traps so you can only go so far.

guerilla war works against all invaders

poor v poor will invariably turn into proxy wars for some stronger power anyway

The Philippines saw that their armored cars were dogshit in Marawi.

They need something with 30/40mm, can ferry troops safely and can cross shitty and makeshift bridges.

The Turks have the perfect light tank for island countries, go for that instead of falling for the MBT meme. Then use all remaining shekels for mobile AD and artillery.

triggered mohammadan

If they upgrade the engines, transmission and drivetrain along with armor and weapons then sure why not.

>I'm over 6'. Dating a 4'11" sex fiend chick is IMAGINE territory.

Been there, done that, it's fucking awesome huh!

Indeed. But for urgent requirement, Philippines are more suitable with Malaysian surplus ACV-15 as they also operated small number of ACV-15. Which mean, troops can be quickly trained and simplified maintenance as they already know ACV-15 inside and out. (Pic Philippines ACV-15 with .50 cal manually operated cupola).

Attached: imageproxy (1).jpg (640x480, 38K)

>Still doesn't know how much the world changed after May 2018.

Idiot.

lmao

If the turretless M113 is so shit and unsuited for modern combat why did that Pentagon movie make them to be the epitome of efficiency and elegance?

There's no surplus ACV-300. Probably if they want they could get a similar MIFV but those are more than 20 years old now, has worse protection (12.5mm vs 14.5mm for ACV-300) and part may or may not be interchangable with the ACV-300

Attached: IMG_3728.jpg (1024x683, 129K)

What, again?

Hmm... That's a good point.

No one cares about israel, kike.

You killed our lord and savior.

>OUR GREATEST ALLY
>buys russian stuff
kek

Classic Poland

They’re like that friend that you say “wow you’re a pretty bad friend” to sometimes

Nope. That's Monaco.

fake and gay

>based on russian Bumerang

Attached: 1555047911952.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Attached: 20190223_153828.jpg,.jpg (354x472, 74K)

Attached: A5512823-742A-433A-BC3E-1A25DCC85557.jpg (750x1334, 174K)

>related
An old Norwegian IFV, a M113 with a 20 mm in the turret

Attached: nm135.jpg (1600x1060, 692K)

One-man turret with 20mm guns? Unless the gun are mounted outside similar with West Germany Marder, surely the space of this Norwegian M113 is cramped like hella.

Even their APCs have to have a crooked nose.

hpw the fuck is that thing acutally still floating or is it grounded? Whats event he point if its only got a dozen dudes on it? do its cannons work?

Oh yes.

Nevermind that there is still an 8-man squad in the back as it functions as an IFV...

This thread needs more M113A8 Aerogavin

Attached: 1554644905775.jpg (781x580, 73K)

gotta love the dedication sparky puts in his work, imagine M113 operators actually falling for his shit

Apparently you do bud.

this thing no shit gives me the energy of this thing

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 9.38.33 AM.png (646x504, 186K)

>hpw the fuck is that thing acutally still floating or is it grounded?
It's grounded. The inside of the ship is tidal and full of water.

>Whats event he point if its only got a dozen dudes on it?
Chinks can't build an island there as long as they'd have to kick the flips off by force

>do its cannons work?
No. It's just there as a kind of bookmark. The Chinese try to blockade the supply boats and starve them off but they get through in the end. Recently groups of school children have been going out there for emotional support.

Lmao triggered

There's something pretty metal about sending a few guys on a literal shipwreck to fight the largest country in the world. I'd watch an anime about this. Bonus points if they're all cute girls, but actually Filipino so they're jealous and violent.

Forgot pic

Attached: brp-sierra-madre[1].jpg (2062x1303, 1.12M)

Who would even nuke the flips t b h. Aside from the ports around Manila it's clay basically worthless.

This is the face of coping

>instead of falling for the MBT meme
Flips are kind of aware that their terrain isn't really tank friendly. Even back in the nam era they've been pretty aversive towards tanks.

>deh fews
>deh cowherds
>dey hide in METAL BAWKES

Flip commandos are still using M3 grease guns

Attached: flip grease gun.jpg (540x405, 42K)

Most of their military is split between stuff left over from WW2 and cheap surplus from the 1990s.

Yeah, they're pretty Mad Max

Attached: 1496988246282.jpg (960x716, 185K)

>Nuggetfest 2020, Luzon edition

That one guy with the AUG mogging the rest of his squad

It's not about people nuking them, it's about the major powers nuking each other and the resulting effects. If China gets nuked the Phillipines are going to be fucked as well. Like Cuba with the US.

Nice.

To be fair, there are burkes de-facto controlled by the Flip naval mafia, so in a pinch they can drag the Pacific Fleet to their aid, kicking and screaming. The "real" navy is just for holding area.

I think there are two AUGs. Then you have the M-14 guy and the dude in the front who's viral marketing the retro ARs from Brownell's.

I remember that thread; post pix.

It was a cool trip. Place is smaller than I realized. Thought it was going to be some huge gun warehouse and it just had a two halves of a small museum, half of which was manufacturing.

Attached: DSC00866.jpg (833x1793, 280K)

>a nuclear war will like totally destroy the whole world with evil radiation voodoo just like carl sagen and hollywood told me!I'm
I miss Opp

Attached: 1547635353195.jpg (807x605, 145K)

flips you should built modular patrol boats that easily converted into missile boats
scoop and shoot tactic is best for island nations

Attached: KRI_Clurit_641.jpg (700x500, 221K)

flips need frigate-sized ships at least because small boats can't sail too far, submarines are better for sinking the enemy

frigates and subs also important but missile/patrol boats also important for law enforcement against on piracy, terrorism, and chinese fishing militias, start learning to build from small ones then you can building bigger ship with technological transfer schem,e im sure south korean is willing on this.

You could always stick a radar and a couple iglas on them

Attached: M113A2_Ultra_Mechanised_Igla.jpg (3838x2371, 3.82M)

Sure, why not. Also, installing free wifi into all your armor assets is an added perk.

Attached: Freewifi.jpg (1033x689, 558K)

lol fuck off ching chong

>muh Flip naval mafia
Number of Flips who graduated in Navy OCS and Annapolis: 0

I'd believe you if there are 2nd/3rd+ gen Filipino-Americans in charge of DDGs, CGs, LHAs, LHDs, subs and even carriers.

Are there even Flip-American senior chiefs? There's probably zero. At least in the US Chairforce you'd encounter a TSgt/MSgt once in a while.

Also the US military loves to parade them whenever they do photo-ops with the Philippine military but the actual Flip military despises them and many see them as an insult.

AAAhahahahahahahahahaha

This
honestly thought they were warhams from the thumbnail

>lol how can nuclear war possibly have any effects on neighboring countries????? The effects disappear after a few seconds like my video games
I didn't say madagascar or some shit is going to be fucked if China gets nuked, but the Phillipines will. Retarded fucking nigger.

that handguard, damn were they using norincon ar.

That looks surprisingly sexy with a suppressor

Flips are just waiting for the apocalypse so they can finally thrive

What's with flips and making outdated stuff look absolutely based

youtube.com/watch?v=Ascmic92rPs

They really like their coffee.

I doubt it. It's looks like an M16A1 with A2 furniture. i doubt the flips would spend new gun money when they can get used m16s for nearly free from the US.

Attached: Flip Squad Designated Marksman Rifles.jpg (1200x800, 170K)

this desu,

> AUG
> M-14
> M-16s of different generaitons
> A fucking C7?

Wew lad