During the week that California unbanned standard capacity magizines, my buddy bought a 75 round drum for his rpk...

During the week that California unbanned standard capacity magizines, my buddy bought a 75 round drum for his rpk. I live in the Midwest. Is it still possible to send it through the mail or did he get me an Easter present?

Attached: 292246_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 150K)

It's technically illegal but there's almost no chance of anyone finding out in transit and there's no way for any authority to prove that the Californian acquired the mag after they reinstated the ban AND it's not illegal for you to send it there so go ahead, you're fine.

If he bought it, why is it in your possession? This sounds like some kind of bullshit scheme that mexicans and/or poor people would come up with.

Affirm

It's in my possession because he sent the money at a gun show, put the funds into my account and then I purchased it. He was originally moving out to my neck of the woods, but plans changed and now he's not

If you run around telling everyone that story and the DOJ feels particularly motivated they could interpret that as illegal and potentially prosecute.

If you just quietly send it and he sticks to a story of buying and possessing it during the legal window there is no way to prove otherwise.

You be the judge of which action is most prudent.

> CA PC 32310 reads: (a) Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, buys, or receives any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170.

Easy thing might be to just ask a gunstore or FFL on how to send it.

>If you just quietly send it and he sticks to a story of buying and possessing it during the legal window there is no way to prove otherwise.
Ding ding

If he bought it during the legal window then you can still send it. There are websites that are still shipping backorders so long as payment was processed before 5:00pm on 4/5.

OP purchased the drum mag on behalf of his friend. The friend did not purchase the drum himself

Unless the friend has a receipt showing he purchased the drum mag himself between 4/5/19 - 4/9/19, OP will be putting his friend in jeopardy.

>What are you talking about? You gifted it to your buddy on 4/1/19 and its still in shipping process right?

Attached: B3AB1C27-A48F-4F70-841C-9CC342A2F005.jpg (1506x847, 230K)

Good to see you Wumbo.

>During the week that California unbanned standard capacity magizines
What's the status of the lawsuit? Any chance of it being overturned?

It's in a sort of limbo, with an injunction or something that's pending an appeal that's that not even going to be processed for months. You know how it is with politics.

Resolution is many years away on this.

>guilty until proven innocent
That's not how this works. The burden is on the State to prove it was acquired illegally.

>The burden is on the State to prove it was acquired illegally.
Which is not difficult to do if it arrives in the mail and the shipping history clearly shows it was shipped by a private party long after the cutoff date.

How that proves anything faggot?

Here's the thing, real life doesn't always work the way you think it ought to. Most criminal cases are plead out to save the time and expense of trial, but those that go to trial often get decided on fairly weak evidence. No prosecutor would have any trouble convincing a California jury your currently-illegal assault clipazine was obtained illegally if it was mailed after the cutoff, entered the state after the cutoff, and has nothing other than your (clearly fraudulent) word to suggest that it was obtained legally. You might stand chance on appeal, but by that point you're tens of thousands of dollars and several years in the hole, and you're still more likely to lose. This is precisely why people usually plead guilty to lesser charges rather than fight even when they're innocent unless they have very deep pockets.

Private parties are welcome to create a Bill of sale that carries the date the transaction occurred on. As long as both seller and buyer agree that date occurred during the window the burden falls on the state to prove otherwise.

He got a package, it's not like it's gonna have a fucking manifest you dweeb.

No but the tracking number can be looked up easily, and that shows dates of acceptance- delivery.
>t.usps

So you put something else in there. Problem solved.

Aren't you expenses get compensated by the state if you win?
t. eurofag

lol no

>During the week that California unbanned standard capacity magizines, my buddy bought a 75 round drum for his rpk. I live in the Midwest. Is it still possible to send it through the mail or did he get me an Easter present?

Attached: glowingone.jpg (474x338, 29K)

test

This is America. We don't depend on the state's teet for everything.

You can sue the state after the fact for wrongful arrest but you might not get the result (or amount) you want. Considering it's California, the odds are slim

The reason this was allowed to happen was to build profiles of purchases

if it's in California you'll disappear to a re-education camp

Pro tip

Say you bought the magazine and sold it to him privately Over Facebook or something. Then write a receipt for the day of the sale and make it in that one week window for California. That basically gives him a airtight defense send of the receipt with the magazine.

If anyone has a problem with it they can shove it up their ass. Because the sale was technically made during that one week window it doesn’t matter when it was shipped. You can just make up a story about how you were being an asshole and refusing to ship it.

Attached: 0967BF25-A2CD-45A1-8969-DFA0F698CB84.jpg (1024x570, 69K)

Also the sorce for this is primary arms sold a bunch of magazines and shipped them out after the date was up. If a multi million dollar company is willing to risk it because they believe it’s not illegal I doubt the state will give a fuck about you

Look people in other (the free) states were sending good friends and family members standard/full cap mags after 2000 in california and from 2001-2013 many stores were sending rebuild kit magazines (disassembled mags) to Cali residents.

Just mail it dont worry. Its California not commie New York or Massachusetts. I can affirm I bought mags from Bass Pro and mailed them USPS priority mail to my home in California. No problems. Just dont tell anyone about. Nothing on social media. No bragging.