AK novice

Just bought my first Ak pattern rifle
>Gen 1 Yugo Pap with 1.5mm receiver
paid $800 got it with 10 polish waffle mags and some wolf ammo. How did I do?

Attached: pap.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

galatiinternational.com/ak-47-762x39-steel-magazine-40-round-mag-red-white-blue.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Hm42vXRcyH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The rifle should be good to go, those mags are straight up trash though. I'd say you overpaid by $100.

Yea they weren't wanting to fully seat until they got part of the back shaved off

Pretty much this. You overpaid for what you got, but it's not something you should beat yourself up over. Keep what you got, and buy some decent mags. Hit up /akg/ and read their OP. You picked up a decent rifle, and AKs are just fun all around

What mags do you reccomend? I was looking at croation steel mags but I'm not trying to pay $35 each

Any surplus steel mag you can find for under $15, Pmags are ok and Xtech mags when they go on sale.

Thank you akfag. What are your thoughts on the picatinny dust cover? Should I not even attempt to keep a zero'd red dot or holo on there?

Attached: 1555458971529m.jpg (705x1024, 73K)

Not bad, I just bought one as well for $700. You overpaid a little but it's fine. I recommend getting a Wolff recoil spring and some legitimate Yugo mags

Ditch the railed cover. It’s not gonna hold zero.

You can put an optic on it just fine. You're gonna have to bend the bottom end piece of the cover towards the wood so it doesn't rattle when you shoot.

God do not fucking put a railed gas tube or dust cover on it. They do not hold zero for shit. If you don't have the side mount then just shoot the fucking irons and enjoy the gun.

Gen1 PAPs had some issues actually.
>Fed weird because EAA supposedly fucked up the magwell conversions on a lot of them
>Single-stack bolt
>Railed dust cover
Swap it for a surplus one, it is worthless
>That awful US boat-oar furniture
Again, swap it for surplus

You WAY overpaid for what you got but it's got the potential to be a solid rifle.

galatiinternational.com/ak-47-762x39-steel-magazine-40-round-mag-red-white-blue.html
found this while looking for steel AK mags, might be interesting

> No indication of country of origin or whether it is surplus or commercial
>"will not fit the Romanian AK"
If it fits one AK it should fit every AK.

Those are shit mags mi amigo, I promise you. Buy some surplus steelies

They don't hold zero well but at least in my opinion they just look like pure shit. Khyber customs is usually selling an adapter that replaces the rear sight and allows a smaller optic to be slid in. It also functions as a typical rear sight when no optic is attached.

Overpaid a bit but it's hard not to nowadays with AKs, especially Yugos. Rough out the kinks and you will have a damn solid rifle.

That OPAP is good shit, you didn’t overpay for the gun. $800 for an OPAP is good these days, they havent been available new for years. Anons are thinking of NPAPs which are lower quality.

Those mags are trash though. Get some Yugo surplus. Steer clear of croatian shit sold as “new yugo mags”. There are allegedly new production Zastavs Serbian mags out but half the ones I tested had really big fitment issues in a gun that has a pretty accommodating mag well, so steer clear. Magpul is unironically pretty good for what you’re paying relative to surp these days, even if /akg/ won’t admit it

Attached: 9777C15E-FF57-429C-BD59-CAADA219B51A.jpg (750x727, 89K)

>Trying to be an authority when he doesn't know shit
Bitch the OPAP and NPAP are gen2 PAP rifles imported by Century.
Furthermore the ACTUAL quality difference between NPAPs and OPAPs is negligible, particularly as OPAPs started integrating more and more parts from the NPAP line as Zastava ran out of surplus overrun parts.
The closest analog there is
>NPAP=WASR10
>OPAP=WASR10/63

What OP has is a Gen1 PAP rifle. It's not an OPAP or NPAP. They were imported by EAA, not Century, and they had a completely different set of characteristics and potential issues than the later Century-imported Zastava rifles.

Sit down, be humble.

Attached: 1532286250893.jpg (600x338, 20K)

He is right on the magazines though, Yugo surplus mags are some good shit.

I didn't talk abour the magazines at all.
Yugo surplus are good.
Serb commercial are worse than all surplus steelies.
Croat commercial are shit.
Croat and Serb commercial aren't the same.

This is a century arms built version. Mishaco has a video about them. I've had no problems feeding so far

finally someone recognizes the beauty of this steed

you did good considering you got 10 magazines. Big smiles user. Good AK for good price and good features. You're super cool.

this was imported by century arms user, EAA only imported them for a little while and them century took over. youtube.com/watch?v=Hm42vXRcyH0

Attached: mx4.jpg (1024x683, 784K)

How does this compare to the WASR?

Bad, waffle mags are shit

This has a thicker receiver (1.5mm vs 1.0mm) and heavier wood than a wasr.
Both are stamped 922r compliant imports imported by century arms. The WASR being romanian and the PAP being Yugoslavian (Serbia)

They lock open on last round fired and I haven't had a malfunction....

Alright, thanks. How do the prices compare?

Well the wasr is still being produced and imported by century arms while the Gen 1 PAP has long stopped being imported. A brand new wasr is generally 700-800. I paid 800 for this lightly used gen 1 PAP i was told these ranged from like 400-600 back in 2012 when it was first purchased

A brand new WASR is $650 if you don't buy from overpriced shitshacks like Atlantic.

Currently nobody is importing Yugos but you can still occasionally find NPAPs for $700-$750 and OPAPs for $800-$1000. Nobody wants the gen1 PAPs.

Zastava USA is gonna start importing their ZPAP (looks identical to an NPAP) soon but there's very little info on pricing except for a projected MSRP and that means fuckall for street price.

fwiw I own a WASR and an NPAP and the NPAP is overall beefier and tighter-built but the WASR has a much better aftermarket. I got both of them for $500 years ago tho.

Why would no one want one? I'm very happy with my purchase and had the option to buy a brand new wasr for 685 but passed on it for this

Don't listen to him, he's just mad the aftermarket is smaller compared to WASRs
The PAP is better overall than WASRs

Bitch I literally said I have both a WASR and an NPAP, and a couple other AKs too. Can you not fucking read or?

I'm glad you're happy with it but those gen1s are almost universally seen as sub-par rifles that had a lot of issues that were corrected by the gen2 guns (which desu had their own issues).

At the very least I'd swap the furniture, dust cover, and selector for surplus M70 stuff. If it works for you then enjoy it but the US-made furniture is trash, the notched safety is useless at best and detrimental at worst, and the railed cover is useless as well.

better than me. recently bought a wasr for $659 and it came a slight canted sight and no cleaning rod. thinking of sticking timbersmith wood on it

$38 dollars or a goat on the Ivory Coast. You got F’d in the A.

Another al novice here
How are the PSAK47s?
I want to get an AKG 47 but I love hot and cheap guns. Is there something wrong with the gun? Is there cast parts in them?

They're bad guns, even the new gen3s.

There's a chance that you'll get a perfectly good gun, but an equal if not greater chance out will be subpar or will wear out prematurely.
The WASR is still the cheapest good AK you can get.

Attached: F O R G E D.jpg (2960x1440, 1007K)

When are those new zastava aks gonna be available? how expensive are they gonna be?

people have been larping the "ZPAP" for years, itll never come out

>Years
Zastava literally announced it was gonna open a US branch in January of 2019, idiot.