Are gorkas over hyped as hunting and combat garments, or is there actually something to them?

Are gorkas over hyped as hunting and combat garments, or is there actually something to them?

Attached: suit-gorka-4-anorakb015104421a-140-1000x1340.jpg (1000x1340, 122K)

Overhyped. There is a coolness factor because "mah slavshit" but aside from that its nothing special.
Go to a Cabela's or BassPro and look at the rain gear section if you want function over style.

They look neat, but they aren't made to protect you from rain. You can wax them to sort of help with rain protection but why do that when you can just get something goretex as a top layer for rain protection

Dedicated waterfowl gear is 100x superior.

They are pretty cool as overclothing for outdoor stuff in the winter/fall/early spring- you can pretty easily put one on over your casual wear to protect it and for extra warmth and wind protection. They also look cool, but you would probably be better off with some more western styled stuff unless you have the specific needs the gorka addressees. Also, they aren't waterproof, and arent supposed to be, they are supposed to be a wind layer for Russian mountains.

I have one. They're basically a windbreaker on steroids.

But how am I gonna look like my satanist senpai Karl?

They're Jow Forumsomfy as fuck ignore the haters. I have 3

Attached: 1414179523918.jpg (2560x1920, 1.12M)

>gorkas over hyped as hunting and combat garments,

Gorkas are definitely not for hunting.

Combat? Yes, if you're deployed to Chechnya or Dagestan.

Keep in mind that most gorkas sold in civilian market (ebay, ali) are obviously made in China, with Cyrillic labels and such.

A real McCoy mil-grade gorka set goes for $500+ no shit.

Yes and no. Very good utilitarian garment. Use it like a windebreaker. It's very weather resistant, but isn't 100% rainjacket. Key to gorka is layers and understanding garment

>A real McCoy mil-grade gorka set goes for $500+ no shit.

Attached: 34471816_165909527595577_8741626592012271616_n.jpg (574x553, 36K)

>taking advice on the practicality of things from a guy who poses with a sword.

Attached: Capture+_2019-01-09-20-33-44.png (720x1199, 460K)

Some Russian conscript ripped you off hard bro

They're comfy as fuck. Like they said the key is layers for anything colder than 40F

Will keep the wind and everything off you. It's like a tent for your body. It's pretty nice.

Buy from Russian sources otherwise it's probably chink a

Anyone know how a Jow Forumsommandostore Gorka stacks up against Ruskie Gorka?

This for sure. for $60 + shipping, youll look cool with the gorka but it seems like theres a kind of narrow weather range where they really shine. that range imo is maybe 30-50F degrees and mostly dry/damp weather

>Jow Forumsommandostore Gorka
I have one. Can't compare to a legit gorka, but I'm satisfied with Ivan's version

You can get a suit of BARS Gorka for under $100 you goofball

>>goretex as a top layer for rain protection
Goretex sucks

> taking advice from someone fighting in Ukraine with a lot more experience than you

ftfy

I wonder how one would be in the rain paired with a plash palatka? Seems like ultimate slavic comf.

>tfw they don't make plash platkas in modern materials
Anyone know of a modern equivalent?

Attached: plash palatka.jpg (2592x1944, 2.87M)

Wherever that is, that terrain is comfy as hell.

Experience with shit tier slav gear. Russians buy foreign equipment any and every chance they get. Ukrainians don't get the chance to on account of being too poor, but they would if they could.

>aren't made to protect you from rain.
Wait seriously? I thought they were. I still want some because they look cool but damn that's disappointing.

Every other product on the market sucks 20x worse.

>Are gorkas over hyped as hunting and combat garments, or is there actually something to them?
No. They fucking work. They're also comfy af and also extremely durable. They also keep you dry and away from inclement weather. They're by far the best hunting outfit that I own (and I have 6-7 various ones in boxes in my basement). I've hunted with one during a massive rainstorm and it kept me warm and dry.

Hope you can find a good one. They're not that available.

>he paid $500 for a cotton overwear suit

Source?

Took mine out in moderate rain after waterproofing and it got soaked cause i missed some areas, but the parts that were well proofed just let the water collect in little balls on the surface and after 40 mins or so they also sunk in, its really bad in rain

HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA
YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
Real russian gorkas can be had for as little as 70 dollars shipped FROM RUSSIA.
500+ you're looking at some 100% wool shit from Varusteleka or something.

once again, you're a fucking idiot. I hope you bought 2 "real" gorka suits you faggot.

Anyone have a picture of how a gorka looks with a plate carrier or harness over it?

Attached: IMG_4274.jpg (520x687, 139K)

Honestly, the partizan harness is more interesting to me than the gorka itself is. Unfortunately they're apparently unobtainium and only available used.

I want one of those helmets

Attached: heavy armored russian qt.jpg (1357x1920, 429K)

They're out there, not necessarily unobtainium persay, but will probably set you back like 250-300

>does this plate carrier make my ass look big?
End this faggotry immediately. Your gear does not need to be coordinated to match your nails.

shutup nigger

You first nut gargler

Shut it, you bitter melungeon.

>t. Fatfuck that looks bad in everything

They're mountain suits, more for wind protection I think. I wish they made a rainproof one, they are pretty aesthetic

>Goretex sucks
Being damp at night in cold can kill you.That really sucks. A good set of gortex over a layered set of clothing or a gortex bivy bag is game changing because you don't need to find shelter from rain.

Attached: 14280539899140.jpg (789x800, 159K)

I've never heard of the PSH-77. What's the difference between it and the Altyn and K6-3?

Don't we all?

A thumbnail from Wish

holy shit, david spade

It's the original 1970s titanium helmet made in Switzerland.
Other ones are Russian-made copies after TIG stopped producing them

It's literally impossible for military gear to beat those aesthetics.

I had a few gorkas. Its just impregnated (when new) canvas with some Russian nylon/cordura. Good as wind stopper, not as good for water or snow. Overhyped, yes.

>500+ you're looking at some 100% wool shit from Varusteleka
Varusteleka wool stuff is 200€, tops. 500€ you're looking at arcteryx hardshells.

Holy shit are you 4'8"?
Hope that's not you, tbqhwyfamalam

I almost forgot. Sewing on most russian eq and uniforms is QUALITY to say the least

Attached: 16Operate.jpg (1024x1536, 160K)

>muh $500+ Gherkin pickle suit that was used by Spetznaz

dude, I preordered the Gorka-K suit and still feel like I made a steal compared to this

Comfy AF, I have a polish OD poncho and can run around as the ghost of Surplus Present

Don't know if Ivan's 'Murican Improvments are a benefit on a gorka but its nice to know its not the same as whatever a ruskie has in his closet

I too prefer the mad max aesthetic and will just let the dust i pick up from the side of my suburban stay on my gear. Once i knelt in a mud puddle in the surplus store parking lot to get that actually worn look.

Is the KS Gorka as green as it looks in the website's pictures? It looks more green than the tan the Russians ones looks to be.

Should have invested the money you spent on that wallhanger into some proper radio gear

These posts.
I got my hands on a Gorka 1 styled suit cause afgan desert mountains totally equal arizona desert mountains am I right? And I say Gorka 1 styled because its more or less a modernized version of a Gorka 1 with elastic bands around the wrists instead of buttons and not made under communism.
I hunt some wheres in the Mazatzal Mountains and when you crest a peak or a ridge and go from being in the wind-shadow to direct wind you appreciate the elastic bands around the bottom of your feet.

There is stuff out there made with fleece inserts or waterproof fabrics but this stuff is kinda a novelty.

Attached: 1990.jpg (640x472, 82K)

I don't own one but it does say "Russian green" in the description.
>armpit vents
Ivan is a genious.

If you look at the reviews it is crazy green.

I don’t think so based on the one I have used this winter. But they are expensive. The wife thinks it looks great too as a jacket.
Buy the right one though, go to rus-mil and look hard. There’s styles for all weather types and I love my winter model. It’s made of really nice material, not tent canvas and is full of fleece from top to bottom.
It’s cozy as cozy gets.
Got a couple more coming in, a 3 and a 5. I’ll use the 5 for farm work in bad weather and I’ll use the bottom half more because it has slip in knee pads. The shoulders have similar. The 3 is more for the collection.

Attached: E241A212-48FC-412F-943D-5FBB91CAB795.jpg (852x1136, 224K)

Oh, and the armpit vents on this thing are so nice. I’ve shoveled snow for hours at a time and it’s such a lifesaver considering how warm of a suit it is.

Attached: 8916B96F-1302-4D5C-96E8-60EA142689C8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.6M)

there are alot of private sellers on fagbook selling them, you just gotta know where to look

Attached: Capture.jpg (507x609, 66K)

GORETEX JERRY

Attached: 9F7794FD-C869-46B6-B7C3-9F81609D756E.gif (400x294, 2M)

Oh hey, I follow that guy. Wish I knew of more.

>Are gorkas over hyped as hunting and combat garments
Yes, they deal with layering a lot better but other than that they are mostly over-hyped.

>or is there actually something to them?
They look cool and actually function- they don't function better than what you can get locally for the same price, but they do put their share of work in. Kept me warm and dry in ~20 degree rainy weather when I went camping.

Attached: 20181123_191635.jpg (3024x4032, 2.66M)

They are the same fabric but gorka is thinner

Link to a chinese clone? Just curriouse, never seen them before.

Fanbois on Jow Forums make the gorka out to be the absolute pinnacle of outdoor clothing when it's actually nothing more than a basic unlined canvas jacket with some contrast-colored reinforcements here and there. I swear, if the US military ever produced its own gorka variant, the very same people would be the first to call it an impractical piece of shit and a senseless waste of taxpayer money.

>he doesn't wanna look effay while blasting spics and curb stopping niggers in the race war
ISHYGDDT

Attached: 1514772340726.png (375x375, 135K)

completely agree with this
any idea what year this supposed be ?

i'm base my opinions on deciding which people i like and dislike and then mimicking their opinions

Caring about fashion when they should be caring about function is a principle behavior of spics and niggers.

anyone got a size large gorka they wanna trade for AK mags?

What's going on with those boots? Apparently they are made in Italy for a Russian company, but are they good?

iirc he is ukrainian sbu-a around from 2010-ish

they are meindl island boots, from what i've heard they are pretty comfy

have fun developing chronic neck pain

It's unlined, untreated cotton duck with knockoff cordura on the knees, elbows, and ass. Why would you think it was even remotely water resistant?

>It's unlined, untreated cotton duck
ducks are waterproof, czechmate.

The Russians wear their armor (if they have it even issued) under their Gorka with web gear or some LBE on top. See

>not selling your armor to the enemy in exchange for cigarettes and home brewed vodka
lol pleb, I bet you don't even form gangs to rape conscripts with your spetsnaz buddies

I wanna go operating with her ;-;

Saw this on his feed a couple days ago too

That much money for a (likely heavily) used harness...

Gorkas are amazing you must get at least 1

well they are more a collectors item, it's got history, and if you are /his/ autist like me it's a perfectly reasonable price. I doubt you'll ever find a unused sbruya harness, and if you do the price is going to be x10 the price of a used one

Attached: sp-2.jpg (5312x2988, 2.87M)

I've got a gorka 4 and am looking for a plate carrier, is the 6b46 kevlar reinforced or not? I keep seeing people say its made of just 1000D cordura

Pro tip: You're supposed to put it on before you get stuck in the rain.

By killing yourself post-op.