.35 Rem

Jow Forums, I fucked up. I fucked up bad.
>purchased a 1973 Marlin in near-mint condition
>$700

>.35 Rem
Tell me how badly I fucked up, Jow Forums

Attached: 20190419_194440.jpg (4032x3024, 3.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

targetsportsusa.com/35-remington-ammo-c-685.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go to store
Buy 35 rem.
Shoot rifle
Have fun
What is the issue?

>$1/round

Ammo will be a little harder to find, with less variety, and more expensive than average lever action calibers, but you’ll be able to kill things more deader
Winchester < Marlin < Henry, but that’s my personal opinion

>marlin>henry

u must be a total fucking retard

Watch the highway men
Frank Hammer used a rifle chambered in 35 rem to kill Bonny and Clyde.

Ammo is easy to find

targetsportsusa.com/35-remington-ammo-c-685.aspx

Goddam, how does one practice shooting when ammo is over a dollar a round

You didn't. That's a beautiful rifle in a very stout cartridge. Look at that wood grain, compare to dull new Marlin. And it came with an optic? You did very well OP.

Attached: leversafetydelete.jpg (2000x1125, 265K)

Nah, it isnt going down in value, so you haven't lost anything. Its value is probably more guaranteed than our paper money desu, as long as you dont fuck it up somehow.

Its not exactly a plinking rifle or a combat rifle that you need to train with constantly, for what it is worth. A few shots a year to make sure it is zeroed and blasting a few critters should be fine. A few boxes of ammo should last a year or two.

I made the mistake of buying a revolver in .32 RF when I thought it was .32 S&W
At least you can use yours and it looks like a pretty good cartridge.

That was a remington 1908.
Great rifle.
He wasnt the only one shooting though.

Attached: 1404630052618.jpg (1200x412, 71K)

35 rem is a based short range deer round. Also a bear busting round.

Marlin 36 with an optic is also a no bullshit deer setup out to about 300 yrds

You did pretty good 8/10

Attached: 4F16616C-49C2-485C-B0D4-CB837335C45B.jpg (3024x4032, 2.64M)

.35 Remington is a cool cartridge OP, you didn't fuck up.

Attached: IMG_20190419_223534612.jpg (640x309, 211K)

My father's worked great on wild boar.
It's a good rifle.

Is no one going to point out to this guy how stupid he is?

Don't feel too bad user.

It's a quintessential fudd cartridge that's more than proven it's worth for medium game. My ex grandfather in law used one all his life with Excellent results.

Ammo will be a bit harder to find, sure. But what you can find will work well on deer, black bear, hogs, and maybe Elk with good shot placement.

It's superior to .30-30 and can be thought of as a step in the direction of .45-70.

Enjoy it. Bag some deer.

Because he's not wrong.

The only bad thing about Henry rifles is their dumb tube loading system.

That aside, their quality of production is well above that of (((Marlin))).

Fuck I really want a police special Model 8.

make one bitch

Attached: 1436855190142.jpg (2520x615, 186K)

You done good!
It's a good rifle firing a good cartridge with more penetration than a 30.30 Just get into the habit of buying & storing ammo when you can.

Are you literally a nigger?
>Winchest [IS LESS THAN] Marlin [IS LESS THAN] Henry

don't be poor? Works great for me.

I have a rem 81 in 35 rem. Finest semi automatic rifle I ever owned. The sound of that long recoil action working approaches PING tier eargasm. Plus larping as a lawman hunting down criminals is always fun

Attached: Snapchat-2055054356.jpg (1440x2560, 893K)

>That filename
Is the saddle ring in the place of the safety and if so where can I get one?

Y'all got it fucking backwards, Winchester is the best of the three, and Henry is the worst because it reloads like a toy, and not a real lever-action rifle.

Just reload bro

> Tang on wooden stock that will expand/contract along wood grain and not the metal reciever
Did they just do this to keep the lines of the receiver aesthetic, or was there another reason?

Didn't he use an unmodified Model 8 in .25 Remington, or was that before that?

Is there a good guide for parts that won't result in a Bubba tier monstrosity?

OP here. Thanks guys, I feel much better about my purchase now. I was really worried there for a minute.

He used a model 8 in .30 rem he never owned a gun in .35 rem

His first model 8 was in .25 rem. Manny used that rifle in the ambush. His second model 8 was in .30 rem which Hamer himself used in the ambush

The peep is on the tang of the rifle which is a part of the same billet the receiver was formed from. Tang sights are fine.

I own literally this same model of gun.
It's fun. Don't shoot it every time you're at the range. You...you do have other guns right?

It's close to being the ultimate brush gun. Grats.

>Is the saddle ring in the place of the safety
Yes.

>where can I get one?
I got that piece online at Beartooth Mercantile. Comes in blued or brass. Be sure to also get the extra little brass bit that fits in the divot in the crosspiece under the hex screw in the receiver. That will strengthen the assembly vs keeping the factory piece.

Also got pic related brass follower while I was at it. Very pleased with their products.

Attached: 1895_brass_follower.jpg (2000x1125, 239K)

I have multiple guns. This is just my first levergat

Ooo pretty

You didn't fuck up. .35 Remington is an awesome round. It's probably the best brush gun next to a 45-70.