NFA wait times

Anybody go through the process recently?
I bought a SOCOM 762 through silencershop recently, and I'm about to start the paperwork on an SBS. I've heard if you file as an individual you can get your stamp as little as 4 months. Also post NFA stuff if you want.

Attached: ASA_TAXSTAMP_INSTA_102115.jpg (1080x1080, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/atf-eform-4-nfa-tax-stamp-walk-through-guide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got stamps back on Dec 23rd last year for stuff I bought in January of that year, and Trump's little shutdown is only going to make that timeframe worse.

I am still waiting on stamps for things I filed paperwork on last Feb and March.

filed last may, approved in feb and april. roughly 10 months. wait times have actually gone up since last may from what ive heard.
efile is different though, thats still currently a 2 week turn around time.

Shit 2 weeks for efile? I was about to do my sbr form 1s through efile but decided to wait a month because I thought it’d take a year.

yep, average two weeks. i think im going to do a form 1 can just bc of the wait times.
i have to automatically preface this by saying the nfa sucks ass and is an infringement on rights, however itd be great if they could add form 4s to efile

I did an e-file on the can as it was through the silencershop kiosk but how would I e-file for the SBS? The dealer I'm getting it shipped to I'm pretty sure does paper applications.

I don't really know what I'm talking about.

explain? please.

I get confused with the different forms / filing methods and stuff. I think I e-filed my can. I want the SBS paperwork to go quick but I don't know how to e-file a form 4 for that. When I did the can it was just through a kiosk.

Everything got FUCKED because of the shutdown, I had a can approved in mid-December and the stamp arrived at the dealer in late MARCH.

FUCK THE ATF, FUCK THE GOVERNMENT.

You didn't efile a Form 4, kiosk is still a paper form. You're paying for Silencershop to fill out the fingerprint cards and passport photos for you, and to give your form a once over to make sure it won't get rejected.

Eforms can only be filed for a Form 1 (to make) and only by the maker through the ATF portal on their website.

Ya you're confused. The kiosk is a silencershop thing, they're just doing all the paperwork for you and submitting by mail to atf. Your can was on a form 4. If you are going to make a SBS, it's on a form 1 and you can use the atf e-forms, but you need to go on their website and do everything yourself. It's anything but intuitive though, and you sound mildly retarded, so read everything you can and look at a completed form 1. That's the method people are claiming can take as little as 2 weeks. We'll see, I submitted a form 1 SBS on 3/29, still nothing.

also: nfatracker.com

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.51.59 PM.png (876x390, 194K)

Ohhhh. Knowledge received.

Well this SBS is factory-made so I guess I'm hosed.

>Pelosi and Schumer’s little shutdown.
All they had to do was come up with fucking 5billion. Fucking drop in the bucket.

Fucking this, not to mention they shot down motions to pay federal workers during the shutdown, arguing that federal workers pay shouldn't be withheld as a political tactic while withholding federal workers pay as a political tactic.

Republicans are gay but Democrats are faggots

Yeah, my Suomi on a form 1 trust was 15 days. I submitted two more this weekend, and I submitted a form 4 for a Dead Air wolverine last week, check was cashed on the 17th. Guess we’ll see how long.

Last time I submitted any stamps was pre 41f. It was about 13 months for my two F1s and a F4. It’s worth it in the end, but it’s best to just forget about it you get an email or phone call that your stuff is ready

Attached: 56F50248-7D12-493C-9907-82EA3D8DBC49.jpg (4032x3024, 3.84M)

You’d have to find an NFA dealer in your area to have the SBS transferred to. Get your fingerprints and photos, etc, then when it shows up to the dealer, you go fill out your form 4. I did the silencershop kiosk thing for my first can, but it adds like a month to the process and really isn’t any easier than buying one somewhere else

nationalguntrusts.com/blogs/nfa-gun-trust-atf-information-database-blog/atf-eform-4-nfa-tax-stamp-walk-through-guide

The current status of the ATF eForm 4 as of April 2019, is the eForm 4 is currently being coded. The ATF eForm 4 was available a few years ago, but the eForm 4 has since been taken off of the eForm platform. The ATF Form 4 paper application has undergone a few changes and revisions since the last eForm 4 was available on the eForm platform. This means that the coding process can take time to create the new eForm 4. According to our ATF contacts the eForm 4 is slated to arrive back on the eForm platform this year [2019]. The timeframe in a perfect world would be a Summer 2019 availability. But the release date could extend to the fourth quarter of 2019.

Just got my SBR back in 18 days via trust efile

Attached: BA2291BD-9925-482D-9F3F-D841175897F6.jpg (3024x4032, 2.78M)

It's fucking bullshit that they not just don't loose their pay, but aren't charged for every day the gov is shut down. Should be 5% of their salary per day. That would incentivise their asses quick, fast, and in a hurry. At the very least only the most dedicated would go through with it.

All our politicians should be tar, feathered, scalped and then hung from the light posts of DC for being traitors honestly

did you do the rear trunnion conversion?

Why didn’t u just do an exile then u dumb faggot

bought a aem-5 suppressor just waiting to get it from the manufacturer to submit the paper work.

Attached: m16-mk12-mod-0.jpg (917x444, 119K)

I regret every cent I spent on the Wolverine PBS-1

Interesting. Is it expected that eForm 4s would have faster processing times than current paper ones?

Attached: DSC03703.jpg (3756x2206, 3.71M)

My last efile was about two weeks and I plan to do another soon

Attached: stamped.png (269x332, 71K)

Mine was three weeks, but I'm convinced one of those weeks was a result of a real cockfuck of a nor'easter hitting the day after I sent the paperwork over to the NFA office.

Attached: WP_20190330_005.jpg (3072x1728, 2.04M)

Why don't you like the wolverine? The guys I know that have em love them to death and they perform very well.

He's retarded, don't listen to him

Attached: wugtard.png (579x140, 40K)

They're career politicians
What did you expect? It's no different from welfare.

Wait times are stupid long now. I got one in 10 months, probably won't put myself through that again. I may form 1 a suppressor though

Not personally but I had two rivers do it.

Attached: A9A69B3A-7018-4AD8-8A57-6BCE0D8B0F4A.jpg (3024x4032, 2.19M)

A couple weeks ago you told me you loved in in an AKG thread. What is it lad? My buddy has one and I’ve shot it on his M70, AK74, and rpk. All guns I have as well, i really liked it. Mine is going to be primarily used on a 7.62 krink.

>considering getting into reloading so I can load custom sub Sonics for it

>Is it expected that eForm 4s would have faster processing times than current paper ones?

Yes, ideally it would. The same source I reference suggests wait times would go down to about a month for filing an eForm 4 once it's implemented this year (fingers crossed).

I've got 5 approved stamps right now (possibly 6, I haven't called on it yet) on a trust with 2 RP's

Paper Form 1
SBR - 5/15/18 to 11/13/18 - 182 days
Efile Form 1
SBR - 3/5/19 to 3/21/19 - 16 days
Paper Form 4's
SilencerCo Omega 300 & Sparrow - 5/29/18 to 3/13/19 - 288 days
YHM Wraith XL 45 - 6/4/18 to 3/15/19 - 284 days
SilencerCo Hybrid - 7/9/18 to ??? - I've seen pending dates in mid July of '18 getting approved this past week so I need to give them a call if my SOT doesn't call me first.

Attached: 20190329_193637_20190329195628325.jpg (3610x2298, 3.85M)

I got this stamp in hand 4/18

Attached: YEEEEE.png (454x262, 7K)

I see you post approvals in the /nfa approval megathread
I also post approvals in the /nfa approval megathread myself

everyone laughs at me for having a stainless steel barrel but at least I have a suppressor

I love stainless barrels with suppressors. It's hard to tell in that picture , but the 300 BLK has a stainless barrel and titanium gas block hiding in there.

Still waiting on mine. Filed it in November.

Attached: cuckforms.jpg (2448x3264, 1.88M)

>taxation without justification
>implying there is ever justification for theft
They call it "taxation," and not "donation" for a reason.

It’s “ no taxation with out REPRESENTATION”, not without justification. Big difference user.

Explain why taxation is not theft.

Because we're not fucking cavemen and nationstates are needed to keep the next nationstate over from making a slave out of your sorry ass.
Roads, public utility, keeping a standing army, etc. Go be a sovereign citizen elsewhere.
You always have a choice not to be taxed, at all. You'd be a literal bum, but you'd owe Big Daddy absolutely jackshit.

Not an argument.

'Mirin that A2 paperwork. Congrats on the purchase.
I saved up my extra cash for an M16 and now that I have the money, I'm on the fence about purchasing. I've given myself until the end of May to decide. Hopefully I don't bitch out.

Attached: mirin.jpg (733x713, 91K)

>nfatracker.com
100% this
this is literally the only non-negative thing about getting an NFA item

>Democrats shit down the gov over 5 billion
RRREEEEEEEE DDRRRUUUMMPPPPFFFFF!

Ok fag

Attached: 1554517197890.png (450x1043, 937K)

Ok retard.

Attached: 1522646473342.jpg (549x936, 67K)

I asked you to explain why taxation is not theft. You did not. Instead you gave a strawman argument about how taxes are supposedly necessary, you ranted about "sovereign citizens," and then you presented the false dichotomy of being taxed or being a bum. What you failed to do in all of that ranting was prove that taxation is not theft, the one thing you were asked to do. But *I'm* the retard. Sure, bub.

1. You said without justification, no mention of it being theft
2. I never said it wasn’t, I’m just telling you the phrase isn’t no taxation without justification it’s no taxation without representation (the basis for the entire revolution)

Taxation only becomes theft when it no longer is used for the good of all citizens for the improvement of their “shared” state/ nation. Ie taxation in the states today IS theft as my hard earned dollars going to Jamal’s children don’t help
Me at all or any other citizen but Jamal
(Miss me with that spending power bullshit)

Attached: 8AB2163E-3124-4A10-BCCC-878D5EDA623F.jpg (306x423, 40K)

>1. You said without justification
I repeated what's in the OP and commented on it. It's called replying to the thread on topic. Did you really not bother to look at the OP before going ballistic on me? How careless of you.

>Taxation only becomes theft when it no longer is used for the good of all citizens for the improvement of their “shared” state/ nation. Ie taxation in the states today IS theft as my hard earned dollars going to Jamal’s children don’t help
>Me at all or any other citizen but Jamal
>(Miss me with that spending power bullshit)
Taxation applies to all citizens equally, at all times. Therefore, only one explanation is needed. It's not sometimes theft, sometimes charity. It's one or the other. Make up your mind.

Primo, isn't me. So there's at least two of us calling you a retard now, retard.
Secundo, it's still not theft since you can easily chose not to be taxed. You trying to lampshade it and saying I was ranting (ranting, with a grand total of five phrases!) doesn't diminish the fact that taxation is not theft in and of itself. By the same logic, paying for a loaf of bread is also theft by the baker toward you. No, you cannot just pick an argumentative fallacy at random off wikipedia and throw it at me.
>but muh false equivalency!
>but muh semantics!
Get stuffed.
>Taxation applies to all citizens equally, at all times.
No. Income tax is, get this, proportional to income. No income, no economy footprint, no social power, no taxes. The backdoor to this are sales taxes.
There CAN be misuse and misappropriation of money, which can then be determined to be theft within or between governing bodies, but it is indeed true that taxation (at least to the levels seen in Western countries bar a few exceptions) is not theft.

He considers this going ballistic...... yikes buddy. Lay off the onions, it’s effecting your estrogen levels.

More importantly no, taxation doesn’t apply to all citizens. When people
Get back more income tax then they ever paid in the first place, it’s not equal at all.

Attached: 66BE3DDF-24AE-42D5-B69D-A0356843A623.jpg (660x660, 33K)

>income tax is the only way to get taxed
>I believe everything bernie sanders tells me about how billionaires and millionaires pay less taxes than minimum wage workers
>I happen to be an expert in the topic, I turned 18 last year!

If there really are two people this stupid, it really reflects poorly on this board. Please get more life experience and then talk to me in ten years.

Lol there are 3 people on this thread that think you are a moron now.
1. I never said that was the only way to be taxed I used it as a SINGLE example of how it’s not a fair system when people can LITERALLY get more back in “tax returns” then they paid at all.
Idn who you are talking to about the rich and Bernie Sanders but your entire post is basically one fucking huge straw man

If you don't have the knowledge to go into details, the common sense approach would be NOT go into those details, to NOT repeat fallacious arguments and to instead focus on the simple question of whether or not taxation is theft or not. Since you can't do that without continuously spouting off leftist talking points, the next most common sense approach would be to just leave the debate to these totally real two other people, would it not?

What the literal fuck are you talking about?
What fallacious argument?
I already answered the question you smoothbrain
Be specific now tard what leftist talking point is talking about paying for Jamal’s kids?

There's at least 3 of us that agree that a. Taxes aren't fair or equal b. Taxes are straight up theft and c. You have the reading comprehension of a third grader.

In English, please?

>agree that a. Taxes aren't fair or equal b. Taxes are straight up theft and c. You have the reading comprehension of a third grader.
>Taxation only becomes theft when
Sure, buddy. *I'm* the one with poor reading comprehension.

Hey fucknuts, we're comparing taxes a hundred years ago to taxes today, not your tax returns to somebody's with a real income.

No, you are not doing that. I asked you to explain why you think taxation isn't theft. You have thus far failed to do that.

Taxation as an abstract isn't theft because we all live in a community that needs money to support us. Taxation in the case of the United States today is theft because money is being forceably removed from citizens to pay for things they don't want or need, and were told would not, should not, be funded.

>Taxation as an abstract
What is "taxation as an abstract." It's a very clear action with measurable results. Government budgets depend on taxation, so it is implemented in a concrete, measurable way in the real world, by necessity. It's not an abstraction. It's a real action.

>it isn't theft because "the community" needs money
What does that mean? What is the community and why does it need money so bad that you are compelled to pay money to the government, upon threat of imprisonment if you fail to comply?

>Taxation in the case of the United States today is theft because money is being forceably removed from citizens to pay for things they don't want or need, and were told would not, should not, be funded.
Why bother with this weirdly narrow definition? Taxation is taxation. It doesn't change if you want or need, or don't, the programs it pays for. The action is the same either way.

Is there anything in your life that you haven't been able to do or pay for yourself? Any time when someone else had to help you, like a doctor or a teacher or a parent? Think of that on a bigger scale. Do you like being conquered? No? That's what a government is good for. Do you like it when your house burns down? Or would you rather have some sort of fire fighting service on standby? See where I'm going with this. It's not black and white, just like most politics. Try thinking a little more critically instead of just being an echo chamber for the talking points of one side or the other.

Why does every NFA discussion on Jow Forums turn into cancer

Efile is like a week

Ah yes, I totally agreed to have my tax dollars go to niggers and spics who don’t feel like working. The welfare state is helping no one, and it is literally communism, and therefore, taxation=literal government endorsed theft. By all means tax me for schools my kids go to, roads and bridges I drive on, and the military, but the moment you start taxing as a means of redistributing wealth is the moment you should hang yourself because you’re literally collapse of Rome tier retarded.

You're not answering my question.

>By all means tax me
Why do you want to be taxed? Why not just pay for schools and road construction companies voluntarily?

Sorry, I should be more specific. The Wolverine is likely the best AK specific suppressor out there, and it does a very good job for what it is, but it still is basically a direct thread suppressor going on a platform that is pretty poor when it comes to suppression.

A lot of my regret with the Wolverine is about my overall regret with the two AKs I built at the start of the year. All in all between the two AKs and the Wolverine a put a bit of money into "AKs" and I just don't feel like I've gotten much out of them.

The direct thread nature of the Wolverine means that it can, and in my experience, does come loose under firing. Loose cans mean baffle strikes, even more so with AKs due to the non concentric to bore muzzle or combo gas block threads.

I talked to Dead Air about it and they basically said yeah well it is direct thread so you can't keep it 100% from coming loose. Yes the locking mechanism keeps it from like straight spinning all the way off, but in my experience even with the locking collar engaged with the spring loaded muzzle device detent it still can come loose enough to affect POI.

The can is really good lipstick for a pig basically.

>T. No cans nor SBRs

Poorfags projecting mainly.

Attached: DSC03745.jpg (3319x2295, 3.69M)

No one wants to be taxed, but kind of like how wearing clothing is a sacrifice of a civilized society, taxation is a sacrifice we make in order to have infrastructure, a military, a postal service, schools (although I don’t necessarily like public school), etc. People who think ALL taxation is ALWAYS theft are pants-on-head retarded and are most likely open or closeted ancaps. Taxation to maintain roads is much different that taxation as a means of wealth redistribution. The former is a public service, the latter is literal government endorsed theft and literally communism.

>but kind of like how wearing clothing is a sacrifice of a civilized society
What are you even talking about?

Can you focus on my argument rather than my lame attempt at an analogy?

>Can you focus on my argument rather than my lame attempt at an analogy?
No. If you wanted me to do that, then you should have done the same for me. I asked a simple question and you have spent the entire thread making excuses, strawmanning, ranting about clothes, etc. and basically doing everything possible to avoid addressing my argument.

I’m not the same guy

Ask me if I care.

It seems however that you think all taxation is equal, which is literally fucking retarded. I addressed that quite clearly when I compared taxation as a means of maintaining infrastructure, military, post office, boarder security, national parks, etc, to taxation as a means of wealth redistribution.

>ask me if I care
Sounds like you just can’t admit you’re retarded

Try to define "good taxation/not theft :^)" and define "bad taxation." Explain how they are supposedly not the same thing.

>Good Taxation
Funding a military, post office, boarder protection... you know, the things the founders outlined in the constitution.
>Bad Taxation
Using tax dollars as a means of wealth redistribution. IE government welfare programs, universal healthcare, etc.

This is the third time I’ve said this

That's because you don't even like AK's and only bought them to make internet friends

Don't you have a neurologist appointment to go to?

Payment for services rendered, both direct and indirect.

You can repeat yourself a hundred times, but it won't make it a good definition. Absolutely nothing about the final use of the money changes how the resources are transferred from citizen to government, which is what makes it theft. Try again.

No, taxation is not "payment for services rendered." Paying for goods and services is voluntary insofar as you can choose not to order the goods or services. Taxation is a coercive transfer of resources for goods or services that you don't get to select on your own. It might be for so-called "necessary things," but necessary to whom? I never ordered roads, schools or trillion dollar foreign wars. I might choose to pay for roads every year, and schools when I have kids, if given the choice, but taxation doesn't give you a choice. If you refuse to pay, then men with guns come to your house and kidnap you. If you resist, they kill you. It involves the initiation of force, which makes it theft.

You get to vote for the people that allocate your tax money. It is as voluntary as it can be considering you don't get to choose to be born into the us, let alone be born at all. Or is that wrong because you didn't consent to existence? Libertarians are such tiresome retards.
Deal with it or leave.

It blows my mind that the democrats want to cut military spending. Considering the amount of jobs(civilian and military) it creates, it causes other countries to blow their budgets, it creates advancements(GPS and duct tape), protects trade, not to mention the military is kinda like a welfare program for those willing to serve

Are you telling me there’s no difference between a crack head holding you up with a gun for money to buy more crack, and sacrificing a portion of your pay to ensure the facilities and infrastructure you use stays in place and is well maintained? The mental gymnastics you use to justify your retarded ancap ideology are fucking insane. Get yourself together man

Yes, the military is a form of welfare, but at least the money goes to paying those ensuring the safety of our country. I don’t mind our military spending, but everything going on in the Middle East is just retarded to me. We’re basically there to protect OPEC/Israel/make sure Iran doesn’t do anything stupid? I don’t even know anymore but Americans are dying for retarded reasons.

We'd probably be better off allying with Iran. They aren't any more crazy than any other towelhead. Shit they are significantly less crazy than the wahhabist Saudis we are allied with. Russia has no problem with Iran. But of course the Saudis are bought off by (((our greatest ally))) so whatever horrible shit they do is ok while Iran doesn't like them which means they must be crushed.

What did you pay for it out of curiosity?

What length barrel does it come loose on? I’m having a 7.62 krink built, so it’ll be on an 8.5” barrel. My buddy has one and he shoots it on multiple AKs and reloads subsonic 7.62x39 for it, he loves his and has never mentioned any issues.

My assessment is that you went in without realistic expectations of what an AK is, and figured that throwing a ton of money (over a grand in zenit furniture alone) at it before you even shot it would make it “better,” and so now you’re a little sour.

so why do they add a $200 tax to silencers anyways? why would this be any different than buying a normal gun? why couldnt they just have a different line you would have to call so they can keep a record of it?

How does fingerprinting work with e-filing?

You have to mail in your FD-258 fingerprint cards into the ATF,

total price was 30000. I traded a M10 SMG and a bunch of other stuff for it for 7000 so only had to pay 23000 plus tax in the end.

Attached: leM16A2life.jpg (3264x2448, 2.62M)

>Are you telling me there’s no difference between a crack head holding you up with a gun for money to buy more crack, and sacrificing a portion of your pay to ensure the facilities and infrastructure you use stays in place and is well maintained? The mental gymnastics you use to justify your retarded ancap ideology are fucking insane. Get yourself together man

If you don't think I made a good argument, then make a better one. You can start by defining theft in a way that clarifies your position. If you want to prove me wrong, the way to do that is with a solid argument, understanding what you're talking about and providing good reasoning. Not by reframing my argument to make it look ridiculous (LEL, the IRS isn't a crackhead, you crackpot!) and then saying how insane I supposedly am.

If you don't think taxation is theft, then you need to start by defining theft. I'll start by giving you my definition and you can try to prove me wrong by critiquing that.
>Theft is the coercive transfer of resources.
How am I wrong?

Wow, very cool. Thank you! Did you have any special plans for a build, or are you leaving it stock. If dubs, you must get a 50 Beowulf upper for it