Manuel safeties on a service sidearm

>liveleak.com/view?t=k6lvm_1546906356

>Manuel safeties on a service sidearm,
This video got me thinking, do you believe you could disengage one in enough time to save your life, or would fumbling around with one be too risky? I saw a highway patrol officer with a 1911 recently and it baffled me. I dont usually think think of them as fudd guns but I couldnt see any benefit to that platform for a
duty gun.
What is the most ideal sidearm for LEO work in your opinion/experience

Attached: 500px-NG3_07.jpg (500x281, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/california-sheriff-releases-graphic-video-of-deadly-police-shooting.amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also, this video will make you clench your anus until a pearl comes out

Attached: 1550874166409.png (356x333, 196K)

My prefered action is DA/SA
>both can be very crisp
>double action means you really better mean to pull that trigger
>anything after that is rock and roll
>usually looks better too, and I like a little heavier of a pistol

but, glocks and M@Ps are what will be used from now on. Most cops are dumb asses and need something retard proof, cheap and easy to train on.

Women shouldnt become cops

God damn that second cop domed the fuck out of him

Literally couldn't watch past the first REEEEEEE

Women should NOT be cops.

it's a training thing
if you can train to not shoot yourself drawing, you can train yourself to disengage a safety when drawing
quite frankly any sort of gun works as a leo because they shouldn't be fucking shooting people on a regular basis

literally REEEEEEEE'd and also kind of sounded like a pig

Glawk Fawty
Can resupply off most enemies

>Yeah female power! badass feminist cop coming through!
>NOOOOO NOOOO NOOO PLEASE PLEASE DONT KILL ME

Good this there was a man present that could have ended badly for the fatty

Agree

it's just a job, i don't think most people sign up with the expectation of getting into a gun battle with criminals
i like to think i wouldn't shit my pants when confronted with this situation but until it happens who knows

It's a dangerous job and people know you would have to be fucking retarded to join the police and not consider it a possibility, that's like becoming a paramedic but fainting at the sight of blood

I have a thermal trigger that only fires when swept across heat signatures

>don't think most people sign up with the expectation of getting into a gun battle with criminals
thats the reason why most want to sign up. Dont let them bullshit you, many do want to serve their community but theres in inherent nature in all of s that wants to shoot bad guys and kick the shit out of criminals. Its basically how they get their recruits

there's a pretty fair difference in likelihood of seeing blood as a paramedic and the likelihood of getting into a gun battle as a police officer
i don't think mortal combat is exactly one of the primary roles of the police
she's a deputy in a town of 6,000, probably the first and only shooting that ever happened in the place

been trying to talk to my captain about them letting DA/SA on the approved roaster again, but ill probably be riding the glawk train from here on out. Hell, we're still using .40 for the foreseeable future. Also
>standing right in front of the car window like that
was she a rookie or a dumb ass?

i would agree that some of them want to shoot bad guys and kick the shit of criminals
i would just add the addendum that they probably don't want them to be shooting back at them

nobody wants that, but its the job. For all the shit we give larpers and mall cops at least theyre (seemingly) more prepared and aware of Shit hitting the fan

Who the fuck are training police nowadays?

Chambered double action bro. 1911 safeties are pretty easy to disengage but chambered DA/SA with the safety off sounds like the best thing to me.

>pig reeeeees
What's it like being so stupid you can't press your thumb down as you grip your handgun?

LOL Idk what's worse the fucking screaming bitch or her "backup" taking about a year to react and then waddle over before ending the confrontation

DA/SA master race. After I get done with probation im going to upgrade from a glock 22 to either a sig sauer p226 or a CZ. Literally everyone else just sticks with their beat to shit glock 22 gen three

Attached: CZ-P07-Duty.jpg (495x357, 36K)

fuck me I live right down the road from this place, I might actually know this cop lady.

>he thinks pigs get training
LOL

She did okay considering

Considering what?

That was painful to watch.

Now post the video of the thick latina deputy that was in a similar situation except she was alone, got shot at, drew and maneuvered to the passenger side and then proceeded to magdump the beaner in the car. Beaner died wailing, female deputy kept her cool through the whole thing.

I wish I saved the damn video, it was legit impressive to watch.

Nevermind, found it myself.

google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/california-sheriff-releases-graphic-video-of-deadly-police-shooting.amp

other police

You also have to expect that on a job where you get issued pepper spray, a taser, a billy club, and a gun on your first day, that there is a non zero chance that shit might go down.

I love the lean he does to avoid shooting through the glass/doorframe too. Operated on that cunt, and honestly I know that woman cop was freaking the fuck out but it looks like she was trying to keep the muzzle of a gun from pointing at her and that sounds scary as shit desu senpai.

Actually, her shrill screams very quickly alerted the male cop, which also says something...

Gender?
BMI?
Both?

Dude should've shot that fat pig(literally) and figuratively her being cop and FAt as fuck, squealed like a piggy too.

she's squealing like a pig

God that squealing is fucking annoying

Redundant safeties probably isn't always the worse thing I kind of like 2 of them because guns are more often to be carried than ever used. I would be a tiny bit more comfortable with the double trigger safety if it had the thumb grip safety too with glockish styled pistolas. I'm not particularly fond of manual safety switches because it really is easy to forget to thumb it, partially snap it and it doesn't engage, or getting really obsessed with thumbing around it a lot instead of paying attention to other stuff as if it's some kind of immobile fidget spinner. I wouldn't comment about law enforcement use but for private carry and stuff I'd probably worry about being able to engage the safety while drawing depending on how it's concealed and snagging is an issue especially if it's tightly secured and maybe there isn't enough room to really manipulate the safety very effectively, while LEO tend to open carry and that's quite a bit different of a draw technique and probably more likely you might get into a struggle over the thing where maybe it's a good thing it's on if you're not on the upper end of that struggle from the get go.
What you thought people fighting to the death was suppose to sound pretty?

wow very slick desu sorta changes my opinion on women police