/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Cancer containment
Bullyzone

We dont do pastebin edition

Old

Attached: 20190228_163438_HDR-1.jpg (3618x1382, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jmac-customs.com/rrd-2c-28s-keymo/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

based PSA

Lets get this out of the way
>JUST AS GOOD
>BANG EVERY TIME
>ALL MADE IN THE SAME PLACE
>BET YOU USED A CREDIT CARD FOR DAT DER 1K BEFORE OPTICS RIFLE
>ETC

You'd be better off spending $5000 on 10 PSA rifles than on whatever gucci memeshit you'd otherwise buy.

Wow I'm sure nobody will say that exact same shit now that you got it out in the open. This will be the first thread ever without any bullshit.

I see your rear sight, but uhhhh wheres your front sight?

He couldn't afford it. Maybe if he bought quality PSA parts instead of memes he would have a front sight.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nt0vp2nnCZ1spsojg_400.jpg (373x550, 33K)

ar thread
post shit

Attached: 1555290134772.jpg (3245x1541, 2.23M)

offest your rail instead of your irons. Makes perfect sense.

trash rifles so far.

Maybe it pivots so you can turn it sideways while still using the bipod.

Post 9mm keltec carbine

Unprecedented freedom of motion while retaining the support of your bipod
Unobtrusive offset iron sight platform without the need to invest in dedicated offset sights
Full rotation to prevent sling tangling during awkward transitions

This shit is literally next level. We aren't ready.

For fully supported gangsta style shooting when you catch a nigga lacking but your arm is getting kinda tired.

Lets see a non shit rifle first.

This, not a single PSA posted. I'm disappointed.

Help Anons,
Criterion barrels, yea or nay?
Want to replace the NJ compliant unthreaded 1/9 on my Colt 6700 HBAR.
Just build a complete new upper instead?
Get my smith to thread it?
Heavy SOB.
Put a G2S trigger in it.
VXR Patrol.
Quad rail 15" and front low profile gas block.
Want to get rid of the cheap rail and get back to the A4 handguard configuration or a KAC 12" float.
Still have the A4 parts .
Will stay 20" rifle.

/arg/:

I bought a piston AR-15 upper about a week ago (14.5" with a 1.5" flash hider)

What lower should I get to go along with it?

Hello frens

Attached: mk18_.png (2268x3024, 3.11M)

Hi buddy, can I play?

Attached: IMG_6931.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

yes but please rotate your photo

Attached: TONER RIFLE.png (3024x1868, 2.87M)

Yeah, idk what happened. It was upright, but it zigged when it should have zagged.

Attached: IMG_6926.jpg (4032x3024, 1.99M)

I swear I've seen that lmt stock on tacswap was that you or did you buy it?

Lemme have it boyz

Forgot pic

Attached: IMG_20190329_140558500~01.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

Hello fellow astigmatic.

Attached: AR_04-12-2019_B.jpg (1600x1200, 1.53M)

astigmatism gang

Attached: mk18.png (3024x1736, 3.77M)

Wish I could afford the trijicon, how do u like it?

Bought it, but now I want more black multicam stuff. It’s a disease

It's nice.

Attached: IMG_6815.jpg (1600x1200, 828K)

I live

Attached: 20161104_225606.jpg (2656x1494, 1.35M)

shame

I die

Attached: 20170725_152931.jpg (2263x1357, 2.39M)

I live again

Attached: DSC03713.jpg (4156x2510, 3.76M)

This guy gets built tomorrow. Got bored of the AKs. Fucking 104 clone is like 13lbs or some ridiculous shit loaded with PBS-1

This rifle unloaded without optics should sit at 5.8lbs. Loaded with Acog, T2, and Sandman K should be 9lbs

Attached: DSC03710.jpg (3900x2600, 3.5M)

Kys

As nice as that may be, it's absurdly ugly just like you.

nice. let me know how you like the larue trigger. I'm in the market for a good trigger

Fuck off you retarded cunt, you're not even the slightest bit clever or funny.

Attached: 1546633976465.gif (446x251, 721K)

That fag that clones you needs to get an offset T2 also.

>mixing OD and tan
fucking retard faggot trend
>its two different shades of green and tan
kill yourself

>Flip-up rear sight
>No front sight

Why

Are there any "enhanced" bolt carriers/bolts that actually improve anything?

Attached: LMT EBCG.jpg (1024x576, 69K)

NICE ASH CLONE

Surefire OBC looks promising, especially for suppressed guns.
The LMT enhanced BCG is a decent improvement for a carbine length 14.5" or 16" guns.
JP VMOS can help tune a gun better.
There are several others with better, slicker, easier to clean coatings or are made of better materials that will last longer or have small features like sandcuts or have less bearing surface that make small differences.

can you explain what this picture is trying to show?

I kind of want a "bench rest" AR.
24" ss bull barrel and wooden thumbhole stock, no forward assist.
Would this make more sense in .224 Valkyrie or 6.5 CM?

Fucking Dead Air's Key Mo muzzle brake is 4.5 god damn fucking ounces and adds way more length to the front than is necessary to bring a 14.5" up to 16.1"
Really stupid and annoying. They or someone really needs to make a Titanium key mo mount muzzle device, and shorten it a bit so it is just enough to bring a 14.5" up to 16". It would likely be 1.5-2oz, and I would totally pay $175 or so for that.

The MBT is a fantastic value in triggers. This is my 2nd one. They are a great crisp two stage.
Buy with confidence.

>clones you
In all honesty he did the build first. Sure I was espousing the build before he did it, but he put it together first so props for him for that. His lower is uggo though, but that is okay.

Cryptic mystic black actually is super slick and easy to clean. KAC Sandcutter actually has a functional upgrade, as does the LMT enhanced carrier. JP makes a straight aluminum carrier for weight savings. Considering the carrier is one of the heavier parts of an AR it is a neat product.

All in all though your best value is going to be a $70 Toolcraft.

Attached: DSC03711.jpg (3527x2346, 2.86M)

So, are we just appreciating ARs in all shapes and sizes now? Because I'm seeing a very low amount of the usual /arg/ dickwagging. It's refreshing.

Attached: IMG_20190418_165330195.jpg (3024x4032, 2.56M)

How many rifles do you have now or do you just sell them when you build new ones?

One the trolls got banned for doxxxing people. Be assured he will be back, and if he does, this channel will be reported to the Feds. Mark my words.

Attached: Triple Infringement.jpg (1080x931, 420K)

Marked.

Attached: Pistol.jpg (1046x646, 215K)

Orange Cat got banned?

I can't tell you, we only have IP addresses... but it's a repeat offender, once he advocating people to kill themselves and spamming IRL pictures, he crossed the line.

Are they florida ips?

Does this person potentially have any crossover onto /Canada General/? There was a guy who was doing that exact same shit with a couple users there

>muh heavy keymo
I can get you to halfway there
jmac-customs.com/rrd-2c-28s-keymo/

where is this happening?

I want to sell a few of my guns and just buy an MR556.

Why are jannies/mods deleting that post? Wtf is going on

stfu Ash

t. trigger poorfag that wanted to say it

>JP makes a straight aluminum carrier for weight savings.
>Considering the carrier is one of the heavier parts of an AR it is a neat product.

Attached: Dwelltime.jpg (800x600, 45K)

I know this isnt /BRG/ but I saw a diamondback .308 ar-10 for 775. I’m wary of having my first .308 be a cheapo, but the proce is almost too good to beat.

Should I grab??

Attached: 20190419_114505.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

what fun store is this?
Buy my guns so I can do it.

That he doesn't understand lens curvature.

I would like a FAL but its not in my price range at the moment

Attached: IMG_0616.jpg (3264x2448, 2.11M)

Ah. I see. Let's enjoy it while it lasts, then.

Ghost Army in VAB

That's hilarious

>Ghost Army in VAB
gonna have to check that out.

Seems like a slightly personal question that is oddly hostile. Why don't you ask about AR parts or something.

Lol I just sent them an email this morning being like y u no make in Ti
$100 isn't worth it to me to drop 1oz when I already have a surplus of Key Mo mounts.

I would gladly spend $175 today though for a 1.5oz length optimized key mo brake tomorrow.

Any idea how Ti muzzle brakes hold up?
I wonder if the reduced thermal expansion coefficient would help with cans getting locked on during firing.

MR556 is shit. Literally unlined barrel.

>dwelltime.jpg
What is gas management?

>$775
No. Skip. You can build a much nicer AR10 off of an Aero M5 receiver set for just a hundred or so more.

Lol fucking gotteem

Meh. That FSB is aids. Pmag is uggo. SBA4 wil look better. Upside down and inside house. Magpul MBUS polymer rear uggo. I see what you're going for and it ain't bad.

Get an SBA4, get a real FSB, throw in a USGI mag, and get a KAC 300m, 600m, rear iron sight. Then save up for a PRO.

Attached: DSC03709.jpg (3730x2445, 3.35M)

>Seems like a slightly personal question that is oddly hostile
how is it hostile? Im just wondering how many ARs you have now.

Okay fair. Forgive the defensiveness. All things considered I think it is warranted.

Once this one gets built I'll be at two. Already planning another AR10 build.

Attached: DSC03712.jpg (3454x2461, 2.97M)

I’m about to buy a BCM upper for my first rifle. Should I go with their BCG and charging handle or something else? 14.5 or 16” barrel length? What BUIS? Leaning towards the MBUS pros but open to suggestions.

Cant say for certain how well titanium brakes hold up as can mounts, but im guessing by the lack of them on the market there are some obstacles.

K16i or Razor HD Gen II - E? Babbys first optic and I can't make a decision

>obstacles
My guess is that a combination of production (machining) costs and an artificially suppressed market market demand (NFA, suppressors, and suppressor accessories in general) are why they are not common.

Ti brakes are plenty common in competitive shooting and with the gamer 3 gun crowd. The same crowd though is rather fudd when it comes to NFA. Most NFA people are into cloning and or mil shit and so don't pay much attention to the weight, or they are straight arfcom fudds who also aren't that into Ti since they're on the bench most of the time.

14.5" for sure. Pin and weld is the way to go, especially for your first and primary AR.
MBUS PROs are a solid option and likely the best value in back up irons now that KAC 600m rears are no longer $40 but rather $80.
I'm not a fan of their new charging handle. Check out the Radian. Their BCG is not a bad call, and will give you some peace of mind. If you're trying to pinch pennies though get a toolcraft.

If you're getting a can sometime soon pin and weld you can mounting muzzle device. Otherwise just have BCM pin and weld either an A2 or their hybrid comp thing they offer.

Attached: 20170725_152906.jpg (2480x1219, 2.45M)

KYS Maxine

Im not going to make assumptions as to the market for suppressors, but there are definitely companies like Q who would try to make hay with a Ti brake I would imagine.

Thanks for the detailed reply man. What advantages does 14.5 confer for a first rifle? Newfag trying to learn the basics. If I get the a2 or hybrid comp thing, can I still get a can that will attach to it down the road? Lastly, is a CHF barrel worth it?

>MR556 is shit. Literally unlined barrel.
Does that make much of a difference though? Their non-chromed barrels are actually more accurate apparently, according to some guys I see talking on a forum I go to who have had multiple HKs and ran a lot of ammo through them. And how much less life does it have compared to chrome lines? If you're already buying a HK and putting enough ammo through it that you're wearing down the barrel, you have enough money to just buy a new one.

Attached: D1CF50EF-B4FD-4026-AF25-A45F9C7B683B.jpg (3843x2555, 3.92M)

That’s Wuggy JR

>His lower is uggo though, but that is okay.
he has the same lower as you......
I know

Attached: WuggyJR.jpg (1026x1823, 857K)

In all fairness he's twice the man, physically, that Wuggy is. Wuggy is more a trAsh Jr if anything.

>pic related
The trAshman cometh

Attached: 1555718626478.jpg (675x1200, 113K)

wait I thought the other person you always post is me. Also trip on Wuggy Jr.

Post AR user

It isn't so much an assumption as it is a reasonable inference. The NFA wait times, paperwork process, and tax cost almost assuredly artificially suppress the market for suppressors and suppressor accessories.

Ti is expensive to machine. While there are actually tons of Ti muzzle devices out there (SLR, JP, BAD, etc), there are few can mounts. Functionally a can mount isn't that different from a normal muzzle device save for the machining of the interface surfaces that are apart of the mounting mechanism.

I really don't see a fundamental issue with Ti can mounts unless can mounts get way hotter than normal muzzle devices, or if Ti can't be machined to the same/necessary tolerances as normal can mounts.

For a first/primary rifle you want something that is a sort of jack of all trades, unless you straight live in NYC or out in the plains of wyoming. 14.5" ARs really are a great jack of all trades rifle, and the barrel length is a compromise between many different yet important considerations such as weight, handling, conceal-ability, ballistics/accuracy, and range.

CHF barrel is 100% worth it. Go for it. My first 4 AR builds were not CHF. My most recent two builds have been CHF.

There are cans that will attach to the A2 device or the gunfighter comp, but seriously don't go down that road or think about it. Run the A2 or the hybrid device until you truly settle/decide on a can, then once you pick the can out any competent gunsmith can un-do the "permanent" pin and weld and remove the A2 or hybrid comp.

Don't @ me you fat fuck

Post AR user

It isn't so much an assumption as it is a reasonable inference. The NFA wait times, paperwork process, and tax cost almost assuredly artificially suppress the market for suppressors and suppressor accessories.

Ti is expensive to machine. While there are actually tons of Ti muzzle devices out there (SLR, JP, BAD, etc), there are few can mounts. Functionally a can mount isn't that different from a normal muzzle device save for the machining of the interface surfaces that are apart of the mounting mechanism.

I really don't see a fundamental issue with Ti can mounts unless can mounts get way hotter than normal muzzle devices, or if Ti can't be machined to the same/necessary tolerances as normal can mounts.

For a first/primary rifle you want something that is a sort of jack of all trades, unless you straight live in NYC or out in the plains of wyoming. 14.5" ARs really are a great jack of all trades rifle, and the barrel length is a compromise between many different yet important considerations such as weight, handling, conceal-ability, ballistics/accuracy, and range.

CHF barrel is 100% worth it. Go for it. My first 4 AR builds were not CHF. My most recent two builds have been CHF.

There are cans that will attach to the A2 device or the gunfighter comp, but seriously don't go down that road or think about it. Run the A2 or the hybrid device until you truly settle/decide on a can, then once you pick the can out any competent gunsmith can un-do the "permanent" pin and weld and remove the A2 or hybrid comp. I say this because the can mount systems that work with the A2 and other similar devices isn't very good, while modern can mounting systems can get VERY good such as the Dead Air Key Mo.

Lining is less about barrel durability to round count and wear, but rather about corrosion protection.

For a serious use firearm a lining of some sort is necessary IMO.

Attached: DSC03323.jpg (4440x2960, 3.53M)

no thanks Wuggy Jr. Post your Wuggy clone

Oh shit you're right he upgraded. He had a spikes billet or some M&P shit for a bit. Good catch.

>So brain damaged he responds to the same post twice
Post a sue of side video so you can get meme'd harder than you ever did while living

Did someone say CHF barrel?

Attached: 20190319_141318.jpg (1959x1102, 383K)

>when you fall for every wuggy meme
yikes

I know you burgers probably dont care, but this build is kinda special in Canada right now because its on a Canada-legal Not-An-Ar.

Ar-15s are Restricted here, meaning they can only be transported from home and to the range. And worst of all, theyre registered.

To get around this, some smartbois in ole Alberta designed receivers that dont mate with ARs, cant have full auto sears put in but take all AR parts.

This 'build' is just a parts swap. Took a Colt Canada SA20 and put in on this receiver.

If youre wondering why I didnt go with a shorter barrel, like the Colt Canada SA 15.7, its because long-guns with barrels shorter than 18.5 inches must be registered as Restricted.

Attached: img_4842.jpg (1128x826, 355K)

Old news

>MR556 is shit. Literally unlined barrel.
well you cant get IUR in america

Attached: Diemaco.jpg (4048x3036, 2.77M)