CA Ammunition Vendor Opportunity/Suggestions?

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion to capitalize on a small business opportunity in CA by starting an Ammunition Vendor business? I would be happy doing it for only a few bucks just to give CA the finger? Is it worth it to become an ammunition vendor? Can you be one without a shop? I was thinking about doing popup food truck style ammo sales. Is that crazy?

Attached: war_is_on.jpg (600x849, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=30370&lawCode=PEN
nraila.org/articles/20190418/california-doj-issues-notice-of-modification-to-proposed-ammunition-background-check-regulations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Food truck's silly and won't work but anyone can become an ammo vendor, barring county or city laws. It's an okay idea but it'd cost you around 1k a year minimum, possibly more, due to the usual Cali bs.

You have to keep in mind too that most people won't be buying online, so finding clients won't be easy. Plus it's hard to keep your prices low enough to warrant the person buying through you. Plus, storing shitloads of ammo might be hard.

What is you just receive the order from their online shipments? Then charge some fee $20 or whatever. I just want to get in the game and keep fighting for the 2A not looking to make enough to live or anything.

Attached: driver.jpg (500x625, 70K)

cuckfornia here. i considered it briefly myself. its not worth it with the laws and harassment especially with the upcoming ammo laws due to kick in july 1st a few months from today. you will need to do the records and process NICS checks

That's what I was talking about. Problem is you need to make so much money per year, you'll need to charge low prices like 5 or 10 bucks max to make it worth going through your service, you'll have people who will wait a week or two to pick up their ammo orders which will be q bitch to store for you, etc. Do the math, man. If you're still interested, get your paperwork in order, set up space to store the ammo, and print out some business cards and advertise your services online.

Other-user here, can you elaborate on the laws and NICS checks? How much of a pain in the ass are we talking?

Sounds pretty worthless. Maybe I will try to find some folks who are interested in buying first. Is the record keeping a big deal? Digital OK? How many years?

I'm not familiar with that side of this, just that the whole things a pain in the ass. Chances are it's more bad than good.

Still, if you wanna do it, it can be done.

(a) Commencing July 1, 2019, the department shall electronically approve the purchase or transfer of ammunition through a vendor, as defined in Section 16151, except as otherwise specified. This approval shall occur at the time of purchase or transfer, prior to the purchaser or transferee taking possession of the ammunition. Pursuant to the authorization specified in paragraph (1) of subdivision (c) of Section 30352, the following persons are authorized to purchase ammunition:

(1) A purchaser or transferee whose information matches an entry in the Automated Firearms System (AFS) and who is eligible to possess ammunition as specified in subdivision (b).

(2) A purchaser or transferee who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the department pursuant to Section 26710.

(3) A purchaser or transferee who is not prohibited from purchasing or possessing ammunition in a single ammunition transaction or purchase made pursuant to the procedure developed pursuant to subdivision (c).

(b) To determine if the purchaser or transferee is eligible to purchase or possess ammunition pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), the department shall cross-reference the ammunition purchaser’s or transferee’s name, date of birth, current address, and driver’s license or other government identification number, as described in Section 28180, with the information maintained in the AFS. If the purchaser’s or transferee’s information does not match an AFS entry, the transaction shall be denied. If the purchaser’s or transferee’s information matches an AFS entry, the department shall determine if the purchaser or transferee falls within a class of persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing ammunition by cross-referencing with the Prohibited Armed Persons File. If the purchaser or transferee is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm, the transaction shall be denied.

Attached: 1540850024073.jpg (636x688, 141K)

(c) The department shall develop a procedure in which a person who is not prohibited from purchasing or possessing ammunition may be approved for a single ammunition transaction or purchase. The department shall recover the cost of processing and regulatory and enforcement activities related to this section by charging the ammunition transaction or purchase applicant a fee not to exceed the fee charged for the department’s Dealers’ Record of Sale (DROS) process, as described in Section 28225 and not to exceed the department’s reasonable costs.

(d) A vendor is prohibited from providing a purchaser or transferee ammunition without department approval. If a vendor cannot electronically verify a person’s eligibility to purchase or possess ammunition via an Internet connection, the department shall provide a telephone line to verify eligibility. This option is available to ammunition vendors who can demonstrate legitimate geographical and telecommunications limitations in submitting the information electronically and who are approved by the department to use the telephone line verification.

Attached: 1476829115988.jpg (612x612, 79K)

(e) The department shall recover the reasonable cost of regulatory and enforcement activities related to this article by charging ammunition purchasers and transferees a per transaction fee not to exceed one dollar ($1), provided, however, that the fee may be increased at a rate not to exceed any increases in the California Consumer Price Index as compiled and reported by the Department of Industrial Relations, not to exceed the reasonable regulatory and enforcement costs.

(f) A fund to be known as the “Ammunition Safety and Enforcement Special Fund” is hereby created within the State Treasury. All fees received pursuant to this section shall be deposited into the Ammunition Safety and Enforcement Special Fund and, notwithstanding Section 13340 of the Government Code, are continuously appropriated for purposes of implementing, operating, and enforcing the ammunition authorization program provided for in this section and Section 30352 and for repaying the start-up loan provided for in Section 30371.

(g) The Department of Justice is authorized to adopt regulations to implement this section.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=30370&lawCode=PEN

Attached: 1555739963366.jpg (1536x1040, 735K)

oh yeah the best part of this? the CA DOJ hasnt even set up the computer system or website for this shit yet. people might not even be able to buy ammo for some time after the law kicks in, we shall see.

Attached: 1555745752749.jpg (425x286, 34K)

>a single ammunition transaction or purchase. The department shall recover the cost of processing and regulatory and enforcement activities related to this section by charging the ammunition transaction or purchase applicant a fee not to exceed the fee charged for the department’s Dealers’ Record of Sale (DROS) process
so the fuckers will be able to legally charge $25 background check fee for a $10 box of ammo. almost like a backdoor gun ban... interesting. banning somethign without overtly banning it to run afoul of constitutional law, just increasing taxation and fees. its newsomecare! its a penalty, not a tax! hooray, finally those pesky rightwing gun owners wont want to buy ammo here and will just leave so we can bring in the 3rd world hordes and collapse the state

Attached: 1550716716260.jpg (800x450, 205K)

Provide a service at a bare minimum and charge customers whatever the state's bullshit fees are. For profit, charge something like 2 cents per round off the top.

Make once a year trips to Nevada and Arizona where you spend $1k+ in stocking up on ammo. Fuck CAs faggotry.

This.

Been buying mags in Arizona and Nevada for years

God damn. It's nigh time to bust out the rope and give each state official a short drop.

They will likely have to push out the release date if that is true, otherwise you will get lawsuits up the wazoo.

This is fine f you know the risk... it is illegal and yes just CA faggotry, but you should know before you decide.
"Beginning Jan 1. 2018, it is illegal to import ammunition into California. See text of Prop 63 or this article for details. That means while you can buy it here, you can't bring it back into California. However, it is perfectly legal to use high capacity magazines and ammo in Nevada. California laws cannot be enforced outside of California."

Mostly I have no idea (without a sting operation) how they would ever know if you brought it from CA to NV then back to CA versus NV home to CA? I would say... load up some boxes of ammo in CA and take a picture at your home. Then go to NV/AZ.

Ill keep buying and They'll never know about it.

it's still illegal to bring that ammo back into CA
save us Mr Benitez

Just do it faggot. Dont be a cuck

Attached: individuallibertyandfreedomarenotoutmodedconcepts.png (617x746, 741K)

I think the definition of importing would include a transaction of money. Not just transporting, or it would read "transporting." But I am not an atty. So carrying your ammo back and forth should be fine, I would think. Just make sure not to mix up and out of state ammo purchases with your CA supply - that would be a shame!

Attached: saint_benitez.jpg (385x513, 159K)

Send them your public comments guys, tell them what you think about them modifying the ammo laws without legislation

nraila.org/articles/20190418/california-doj-issues-notice-of-modification-to-proposed-ammunition-background-check-regulations

In the meantime, DOJ will be accepting public comments between April 18, 2019 and May 3, 2019. We encourage our members to submit comments on the proposal to the following:

Kelan Lowney

Department of Justice

P.O. Box 160487

Sacramento, CA 95816-0487

Email: [email protected]

Fax: (916) 227-7615

Dear Kelan Lowney,

What would the legalities of being a roaming ammo vendor. Having a stock in a food truck and selling it at ranges like you're the ice cream vendor. Your bullhorn could play ride of the valkyries