Do you think a modernized skorpion would be useful in modern combat?

do you think a modernized skorpion would be useful in modern combat?

Attached: modernized scorpion.jpg (800x533, 27K)

Probably not. I'd rather have like a 9" or 10.5" AR.

Probably. I'd rather have one over a short AR.

Maybe one of the ones in 9x18 macaroni or 380, .32 is well below the threshold for a useful combat cartridge.

Pistols just poke holes. Using fmj all would have adequate penetration out of a sub.

no but I'd buy your pic related for sure

Damn mixed signals, maybe because full auto is limited?

Nah, because memes

Modern .32's are actually pretty good.

Attached: Lehigh 32 ACP Xtreme Cavitator Ammunition.jpg (1325x1325, 147K)

Yes, even more if fully suppressed since .32ACP is a subsonic cartridge. FMJ ammo will achieve enough penetration.

>.32acp FMJ
>suppressor
>fun switch
>front pistol grip
>reddot sight with backup iron sigts
>flashlight
>folding stock
>40 round mags

This thing could be great for resistance groups that may use women or generally speaking people who aren't trained to use guns. The only drawback will be that you can't go through light armor but you'll have the same issue with 45acp or 9mm.

SMG-sized things can penetrate armor (MP8 or that russian thing) or use some expanding ammo that does more than poke holes. .32 does neither.

Said no one ever

Make a +P+ .32ACP armor piercing cartridge, and maybe it would be a decent PDW or something. I wouldn't want something like that for frontline combat though.

Lehigh Cavitators penetrate pretty decently, enough that I'd actually suggest them to be the best way to carry a .32ACP pistol. I'm thinking without legal restrictions it could be made to perform better still

Is that thing real?

>all these niggers forgetting why the skorpion existed
I'm evading a ban to mention the whole point was it was small, and it went bang. It was never meant to be used as an active engagement weapon, it was meant to be used by a half drunk tanker who just had his track busted whole Vadim and Anatoli fall off the back and start hammering shit back together. It's not like .32 was any better back in the day, it was never meant to be used against other vehicles or even body armor wearing combatants, and if you made a modernized variant that took these considerations in mind, you would understand the same niche still exists, even if it's smaller today.

Or you could just supe it up to take bear raping 10mm and call it good

How is this better than the original? Optic mount sure but you just ruined it by making it fucking huge.

Fuck off Bubba!

Attached: 1548296087473.jpg (480x388, 52K)

fuck off
og skorpion is not only aesthetic, but functional

I think a full auto glock 34 with a foregrip and some sort of mp5 folding stock thing would work better.

Not for frontline combat. It'd be fine for vehicle crews and second line troops

I wish they'd make it in tokarev or something. I love the design, but combloc pistol cartridge selection is shit.

Airshit

Not just creating a somewhat shorter .30 carbine for extra case capacity.

Do you think that bullet design would still work if made from the copper/polymer ala rugers ARX bullets? Just to make things cheaper to produce, you could cast/injection mold them, rather than have to individually machine from copper.

Attached: images.jpg (290x174, 6K)

This. It's not a frontline weapon, it has a few niche uses. I wouldn't want to face 5.56 or 5.45 while packing a .32 ACP.

Possibly, but the Scorpion is very much a rear echelon PDW where a little trained non-infantry person would use it to fend for himself until he can fuck off, the cost of the ammunition may not be particularly significant.

Like those seals that got lit the fuck up the other day in that green on blue, they died because all they had were m9s. If every vehicle had one of these puppies in them, there would be 4 men alive today, happily eating crayons or playing catch with grenades.

Because for most realistic combat scenarios an SBR is superior both logistically and tactically.

Hopefully not, especially for US personnel.

I’m a materials engineer that shitposts online, wtf do I know about combat? In what setting are we talking. Probably blows for long range shooting, but would do OK in urban setting. Not necessarily any better than an AR in urban, though.

Hadn't heard of that. Link?

Thread got jannied before I got to see it, apparently mudshits ambushing soldiers at a checkpoint isn't Jow Forums enough. Dude had body armor and still got popped by number 5 using his Beretta.

I would be shocked if that cartridge fed properly in a Skorpion. Mine will have ftf with anything except FMJ ball ammunition. Even Winchester White Box with it's slightly flat nose will ftf almost every round.

its an airsoft gun

I'm assuming the gun would have to be modified some, yeah.

Thank you, I know there was a 9x19mm prototype but it didn't look like this

Said anyone with actual experience of the cartridge.

>O NO THAT .32 CAL HOLE IN A HEART WONT STOP THE THREAT LIKE THIS .35 HOLE WILL! 0.03" MATTERS!!1111

I just want new production Walther MPL's, man.

That hinges on .32ACP reaching the heart. Penetration is a thing, which not all cartridges are equal at.

No.

Attached: kel-tec CP-33 comp.jpg (1600x1067, 719K)

Load FMJ. You'll have more than enough, maybe more than you want.

People who worry about small calibers not being able to penetrate while carrying larger calibers with ammo designed to not do that make me laugh.

Damn that looks cool

They look great. I am skeptical of rimfire pistols in general (and this one is quad stack) but it's so aesthetic I that want one just for the cool factor. Too bad they're bound to be unobtanium because of Lel-kek production speed.

Attached: kel-tec CP33 comp.png (1135x354, 891K)

looks like Klobbs are back on the menu boys

Kinda not really. Modernized would just mean a fancy tacticool shell that's larger than the older version. Which sort of defeats the point of the original version. Been getting cold feat on and off about trying to get an older one. I guess it'd be a good thing if a tacticool version came out then people would be more interested in those and it'd be easier to find an older 32acp version that's in alright shape.

>jams

>Raspberry...
>Only one man would dare give me the raspberry!

skorpions are really losing their unique factor.

>Pistols just poke holes.
So do spears, and they are great at killing things

That wasnt the point