How would you improve the Lightsaber?

How would you improve the Lightsaber?

Attached: Lightsaber,_silver_hilt,_blue_blade.png (492x342, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Beskar
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumpstock

make it so you can shoot them.

oh wait

get a blaster, kid

It's not quite easy enough to cut off my own hand with it yet, so I'd add some laser crossguards to it.

Make it a gun

Lightsaber erection device
>laser sword grows proportionally to the rage boner the user experiencing.
>Effect is enhanced the closer the sword is held to one's crotchal area.

Attached: suddenly violence.jpg (1000x562, 190K)

by making them real....you thought they were, didn't you fucktard?

Attached: 1544693100560.jpg (650x1000, 221K)

Give it a barrel shroud so it can go more up

Why would you need a weapon of war like that, son? A good ol' gaffi stick is all you need.

Attached: tuskens.jpg (1560x780, 221K)

Make it a circle

attach more lightsaber
and then more
and then more
and more
and more
more
even more
and even more

Make the length really long then use it like a laser pointer and turn it on and off when you need it

turn it into a glaive or spear

>be jedi
>trust the government
>die
was lucas trying to tell us something?

yes. yes he was.

>you should always have a weapon.
>you should always have a backup weapon.
>ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster, but damn do they help.
>Shoot first.

tuskens had rifles

What would a California compliant lightsaber look like?

A shot saber

dont they have non-light saber weapons in star wars canon that can block lightsabers?

Shoto

add a gun

Yes, but they're about as rare as lightsabers themselves.

A fine addition to my collection.

The Jedi were religious fundamentalists who were controlling the government and dictating public policy based on their subjective beliefs.
Palpatine did nothing wrong, he expelled the weakness in the Republic, freed it from the yoke of Jedi oppression and elevated Humanity to its rightful place as rulers of the galaxy.

Like this only glowing

Attached: 18j16onn70dq5jpg.jpg (800x534, 66K)

steel blade

>steel cuts better than plasma

Ok retard.

Thanks, Sheev

A hand guard made out of lightsaber resistant Mandalorian iron.

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Beskar

Attached: darth.jpg (480x798, 53K)

Get a gun to use it with the other hand

Ditch it for the "jedi killer". Practically a laser shotgun, can't be blocked by a lightsaber. Also aesthetically pleasing.

Attached: 7O8Dvn4.png (568x300, 192K)

>shotgun

Its been tried.

Attached: Ahsoka vs Trando scum.webm (1176x500, 811K)

I love the fact that your webms are so well organized you could find that webm in such a shot time or your just a giant starwars fag

Daily reminder that balance can only be brought to the force by wiping out both the Jedi and the Sith.

add 6 more blade emitters pointing in all directions, then force-wield it in my opponent's face, while simultaneously using the force to turn off his lightsaber, and force-grip his balls.

Also, built-in thermal detonator, that goes off if my whirlwind-saber doesn't make mincemeat out of my opponent in 2 seconds flat, and 6 detachable force-field generators to contain the blast (along with any enemies).

I've got a lot of filenames from my 4chin folder memorized, I'm wasting way too much brain power on it.

Attached: Clone Wars Gendy.webm (600x338, 1.36M)

Did you just jam a mossberg into a Thompson and put a silverware strainer over it as a shroud?

lewd

No.

I took off the buttstock too.

Tie a lanyard to it so it doesn't fall off of a cliff.

Mostly little quality of life things, a proper quillon and knuckle lug style guard made up of lightsaber resisting alloy. Reduce the diameter of the "blade" as much as possible, generating a smaller blade will cost a little less energy, give the thing a more ergonomic grip which conforms more easily to the hand. Also it should be obvious that since alloys which resist lightsabers exist, they should be used in the construction of all possible metal components to prevent the weapon from being cut in half as often seems to happen in lightsaber duels, and the better energy weapon resisting alloys should be used in armor which any lightsaber wielder should be trained in the use of. It's already obvious that a force user's ability to deflect away weapons fire isn't infinite so they should still be wearing some armor to reduce the chances of being lethally wounded.

Attached: kylo.jpg (500x281, 12K)

afaik blaster resisting personal shields were a game mechanic for games like Dark Forces/Jedi Knight and were never actually canon.

By using a leadslinger. Good way to get rekt is a lightsaber vs leadslinger

Aren't Bowcasters a hard counter to lightsabers? I thought the plasma that covers the projectile couldn't be deflected with a lightsaber, or something. I just remember them being retardedly OP in the lore.

Slap a mosin nagant on it.

About 1/3 the length of a normal one, impossible to hold, and painted a nice, non threatening color.

Make it so you can increase/decrease the blade length. Instantly cut a planet in half.

I would extend the blade by 5km and only engage on vast, flat terrain

Stick a Ghostfire crystal in that bitch.
Proceed to cut my own leg off with it on accident.

Instead of a sword make them lightgloves. You could just run up and grab the opponents sword then smack them with the other.

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

longer battery life

All those materials are really expensive though. It's certainly possible to get enough Phrik, Cortosis, Mandalore steel or any equivalent for a lightsaber, but seeing as the Jedi were for most of their time either pseudo-ascetic warrior monks or a tiny few living in hiding, it isn't hard to see why they didn't prioritize that kind of thing. The Sith around the original triology were also few in number and so had little reason for such expense too.

Besides, the only time a saber was cut in movie canon was a longer double bladed variant. Most of the time getting hit in the hilt would mean also losing your hand(s), which makes their material resistance to other saber blades completely pointless.

crossguard.

Make it expand indefinitely with light speed.

Attached: 11178343_10153250822355499_6734610449490939132_n.jpg (547x274, 15K)

I'd put little sticky-outy bits of lightsaber down by the handle, like a really dangerous crossguard. I think that would improve the lightsabre design a lot.

Star wars might have created the lightsaber but Gundam had pretty much perfected it

Attached: image_1443.jpg (800x800, 94K)

add a bayonet

put basket hilt

Well first of all, a hilt guard. Too bad the last time that happened the turbo nerds on the internet has a shit fit.

Attached: crossguard-625x350.jpg (625x350, 38K)

Why didn't Jedis just use blasters and use the force to guide the bolt? Then they could use the lightsaber as a backup or if they're under heavy fire.

Considering that if it could melt through steel as fast.as it does in TPM. And cut rock like in TLJ, just turning it on would incinerate all biological material within 50 feet or so.
So maybe fix that.

Lightsabers literally can't block bullets.
Just use bullets.

What if they just force pushed really hard on a really small area? would it just put a hole in whatever they're pushing at? It would be like a force bullet.

Of the force needs balanced.
And there are only ever 2 sith, but hundreds, thousands of jedi.
Then shouldn't it be the jedi who must be liquidated?

I don't know about that but apparently you can use the force to crush someone's organs. Mace Dindu did it against Grievous. Makes me think why they don't just give a liver tap to everyone and instantly send them down non lethally.

So uncivilized

R A I L S
A
I
L
S

I liked it. It was also kind of a heat vent because Kylo's saber was built inefficiently, but it was both defensive & offensive so I'm surprised there wasn't more deliberate attempts to make that kind of thing.

Light saber nun chukas

But if they can melt metal, chances are a bullet will just melt

Why even use a lightsaber when almost every person who uses one has the force? The force has been shown to lift ships, launch entire groups of enemy soldiers, choke people to death, and can even crush Tie fighters as they are flying, so why should the jedi and sith even need any other weapon besides the force. All a jedi would have to do is crush their opponents skull with their mind powers and the entire conflict is over

The force is female.

Every generation has a HERo.

And do you think liquid lead flying at you at 1000fps is any better?
Its not.

it wont be a liquid more like vapours

Try it again except not have shit aim

Even a 9mm bullet wouldn't vaporize, and higher velocity bullets wouldn't even melt.

Are the Jedi just the Branch Davidians of the galaxy?

Because it ain't easy. Lifting just an X-Wing in a peaceful situation takes a lot of effort. Trying to break a blast door with the Force is probably a lot harder, so a lightsaber would be very handy as a super-powered cutting blowtorch.

Except in KOTOR cortotisis weave is in everything. Cortotisis bullets actually short out lightsabers.

Dark Helmet, is that you?

I liked the idea but the execution is shit. Too big a risk of stabbing yourself in the chest or loppping off your hands if you do anything fancy. Just go for an enclosed cortosis guard.

The same way they did it in the EU; Lightsaber Rifle.

Attached: RCO020.jpg (1008x1600, 382K)

Only a single circle?

I think it's placement isn't optimal. Not very bad, but a more V shaped design would allow one to catch the blade of their foes between the guard and the blade. Might put a lightsaber on parity with an energy sword from Halo, it's design also allows it to catch enemy blades between its two prongs.

You couldn't use that aboard a ship, though, unless you were in a full spacesuit and had another ship standing by to pick you up. Plus, if the Jedi parried its beam he'd force jump to you pretty quickly.

>if the jedi parried it's beam
>pic showed Darth Fucking Vader getting launched as he blocked it and he's one of the top 5 force users in the Extended Universe especially on physical strength

Any jedi at a level below top-tier would job to the Lightsaber Rifle instantly and it would be an overall advantage in any fight considering a backup saber isn't going to encumber you too much anyways if they somehow manage to get past the range. Getting to melee distance isn't going to be easy against a force user in the first place because as we saw with the trench run, The Force allows some incredible feats of accuracy.

As for ship combat, the Star Wars universe allows for plenty of options to not die in space. Force users have Force Shield that forms a protective seal against the vacuum and small breathing apparatuses that supply hours of oxygen. For mobility, they have thrusters, gravity manipulation and magnet boots, and more Force bullshit to get around. If they're prepared, open space is a non-issue unless you're trying to defend the ship you're using it in since that would be a bit like using a flamethrower for home defense.

By making it into a shield and work in teams of roman shield formations with some holes for blasters, as long as someone doesnt trip and evaporate, we would be invincible

If we're going with realistic ideas about what light can block then can light even block light?

Nerd!

Acktually, they use plasma for that stuff in Star Wars. The magnetic fields would deflect (or possibly stick, magnets and shit).
Bullets would be melted or vaporized (9/10 medical droids say it's bad for your skin and eyes), and even barring that, a shotgun spread would be impossible to get entirely with a lightsaber. A skilled Jedi could possibly use the force to deal with the projectiles, but order 66 has proven that a volume of fire is usually all it takes to deal with this even without bullets.