I’m thinking of getting one of these as a deer and turkey gun (maybe coyotes too) since it shares ammo with my gp100

I’m thinking of getting one of these as a deer and turkey gun (maybe coyotes too) since it shares ammo with my gp100

Can anyone speak for the accuracy/range of .357 from a 18.5” barrel?

Attached: 9B0E9BF3-BBF1-4332-8BB5-9A3677CFA13A.jpg (1125x273, 47K)

This has more to do with how the barrel is made and what quality ammo you use.

Worked fine onnatrail, works fine innabush

Why did they do 18.5" if it only has to be 16"?

Extra velocity can help

I'm sure someone out there cooked up a bore buster that can make use of a good bolty boi with a couple extra inches

What?

This specific gun or a 357 rifle in general?

.357 is a fine round out of a longer barrel like that. 18 might be a little longer than most were traditionally, but .357 has a tradition of being a round you can use to slap through some foliage and still score a lethal hit at acceptable ranges

I was looking to keep the irons on it, and maaaybe shoot steel out to 150 yards but hunt within 80

As long as you're not a retard, you should be able to make target shots at that distance, and 80 would be stretching your legs a little but there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to hit minute of deer lung with an 18 inch barrel and the right loads. .357 is very much a utility round, you can range from plinking loads to some shit that'll crack a boar's coconut with ease

you could do it, but you could also get a 308 and send those deer queers to eternal damnation for basically the same cash outlay with a far greater effective range and margin of error.

whatever floats your boat tho

also where is it legal to hunt turkeys with a rifle?

Attached: 031808aa5a00cfcb20e22826a6cd8029.jpg (1800x1200, 183K)

I actually just found a video of a guy shooting one at 300 yards

There’s no iron sighted stainless 308s for less and like I said I already own a .357.

Also I’m recoil shy

So does nobody else own a .357 rifle?

most 357 rifles are cowboy action lever things made by marlin or henry, and they are meant for cowboy action competition

I want one in 44mag is that a dumb idea?

I think it's an excellent choice and if you get it you'll be happy with it.

Not at all. The .44 magnum version is offered with a nice wood stock.

Makes it easier to chop and thread the barrel if you want.

They are great. Consider this in .357 or .44 magnum. .44 magnum is such an amazing round out of a carbine or lever action

I have a Rossi 92 in .357 and have taken a couple of coyotes at around 100 yards so I know it can get the job done.

Personally I think it's a great outdoor gun in the sense it's a bolt and stainless, that being said. I'd go with a lever action in .357, but a quality one worth owning is much more expensive than this bolt action .357

What kind of tard hunts turkeys with rifles?