To all the preppers/survivalists/shtf/dooms day guys ect...

To all the preppers/survivalists/shtf/dooms day guys ect. When was the last time you actually took your gear out and practiced a proper bugout?

Attached: 0082__29118.1512768121.jpg (1280x960, 554K)

Do you? Is that your pic?

It is

Every chance I get.

Who the hell bugs out when you can turn your home into a bunker?

Not too often this past year or so because of where I live now. I miss Montana so goddamn much.

Not trying to be a dick bro, but lets be honest, if even 1/1000 people who plan to bug out actually do it, the time amounts of wilderness we have left(atleast in the lower 48) would feel like a Walmart parking lot in no time. Bugging out really doesnt work when any nigger with a Malibu can drive up to your spot.

If you can't jog 5k sub 30min with your gear, you are larping

If you prioritize gun configurations over keeping dry and warm, you are larping

If you spend more time at the range than practicing your exit route, first aid, and trapping food, you are larping.

Attached: prepperett.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Not in a year at least. I do know some places however where I've camped dozens of times and never seen a soul for miles. If I'd have to I'd go there.

Your gear should just be your normal /out/ hiking gear, except more ammo, food, important documents, any thing you think you might need. That said, I spend usually two months, hiking and camping each yr. Use to be more, work had to become more of a priority :(

My plan is bug in. I moved to rural flyover country on purpose.
I go to the range multiple times per month. I get first aid certified every year. I stay in acceptable physical shape. I wouldn’t be immune from the effects of a societal collapse but I’d survive it.

The real question is does anyone think they can live long term out of a ruck and a tent without a resupply source? Not likely imo.

What do you start out buying if you want to get into shtf/innawoods/prepping? I have no idea where to start but I'd really like to

Drove from Mississippi to Utah about a month ago to go hiking,camping,etc. Had fun fucking around in the New Mexico desert and out in Moab, and some of the people i met were pretty neat. But theres a lot of drifters and panhandlers, and i got harrassed by them whenever i stopped for gas. If i had friends, maybe the trip would have been better.

Attached: 1555534534785.jpg (480x471, 16K)

You start getting fit.
You should be able to jog 5k sub 26min. Then move to doing it with your gear or a weighted backpack.

Cardio is key, but ensure you fill yourself out with squats, pushups, and pullups. You do not need to be a bodybuilder, nor should you be an ab model. You need high practical physical fitness, which means you should be agile but also able to pack on spare calories if needed.

Next, you need to learn how to hunt and trap. Ideally this will be from an experienced mentor. There are very knowledgeable people out there who would love to share their lifelong-acquired skills with you. This will ideally include some camping and not just "hunt-camp" hunting, though that is not to say being at a hunt camp is useless experience. I personally got connected with a group of hunters through a retired neighbor of mine. They turned out to all be churchgoers, which meant they don't tend to spend deer season drinking their face off at a hunt camp, but rather actually hunt and entertain themselves with skills and so on.

Next, learn first aid. Then advanced first aid such as trauma care/wilderness first responder. Make first aid your hobby.

Only then, after the above, should you focus on shooting. If your local club does "3 Gun", that is a great place to acquire relevant skills.

Other skills to learn include surveillance and counter-surveillance. There are several professional courses that can be taken by regular people so long as you request to join them professionally and politely.

Attached: 1549420141847.jpg (860x585, 72K)

There’s a lot of books and websites on the subject.
“How to survive the end of the world as we know it” by Rawles is a good start as is his website survivalblog.com
You should do some research before just buying things.
Being in decent physical shape and having some skills is important, but you don’t ABSOLUTELY NEED to be a special forces operator to achieve a level of disaster preparation for most reasonable scenarios like natural disasters that happen often.

painful truths. wish you had gotten a get to match

I already live in the middle of nowhere, I'm bugging in.

Fractured my L1 in the gym, are my bugging out days ogre? Physio said bodyweight and gym are fine with proper form, as well as camping with a 10kg pack, but my doctor said to avoid anything that stresses the lumbar region. This happened about a year ago but I only found out about it last week. AFAIK joint fractures like this are a common crayon corps injury from rucking and the like, what do they get up to after leaving the muhreens as far as a/k/tivity goes?

Attached: received_326190428088229.jpg (1124x2020, 221K)

You're fine, just get a properly balanced pack that doesn't have shit spilling everywhere and try to redistribute the weight over your upper back

I've met this guy IRL. He's really nice, not larper. Just a dad / regular working schlub. Daily reminder that nerds make these threads because they don't have anything else in life.

This. Not that I'm anywhere near proficient, but bugging out is going to be 70% camping, 25% hunting, and maybe 5% fighting.

>start out buying
you're not gonna make it

Where was this pic taken? Anyway, I was out in the Mojave camping for two weeks.

For real shtf prepping work on getting
>3 days of food and water
>A half decent pistol and longarm
>A flashlight, lanyern and batteries
>FAK
>3 weeks of food, water and misc supplies (any reg meds, tp, etc)
Thatll set you up for 90% of what you're likely to face and then you can work on your bugout bag, water filters, home security systems and whateve else makes your larping heart happy. I've got everything from a kitted out 4x4 with solar panels and a mattress in the back to a several thousand gallon water tank. Enough that I reckon I could survive anything up to and including a limited nuclear engagement but 90% of realistic disaster scenarios can be dealt with by above.

Attached: 1553489305743.webm (1920x1080, 1.62M)

desu it's easy to prepare for most disaster scenarios but no one fucking bothers for some reason

Attached: intellifuck.jpg (896x960, 90K)

Ummm, what?

you evil man. those dolls didn't deserve this.
you're a terrible person.
may the gods forgive you

Attached: HURR.jpg (365x561, 46K)

I grew up camping, bushcrafting, and riding atvs through the woods. So after doing that my whole life, I'm pretty confident in my gear.
My friends and i have had yearly bug out trips which was always fun. One in the summer in the heat and one in the winter in the cold.
Being able to spend so much time innawoods, I found the perfect shelter system, that's not only light weight, but very affordable, and easily purchased.

Tarp in a curved lean-to.
Clear painters plastic in the front.
Mylar blanket tapped under the tarp.
Long fire in the front.
Reflective wall behind fire from mylar or cooking foil.
Contractor grade garbage bags with the bottoms cut out, slide two poles down the bag and prop them on rocks or logs to make a raised stretcher type bed.

I live in a city and work long shifts so I don't get much chance to do anything. I go camping once or twice a year and like to practice what I can when I get the opportunity, but I'm not deluding myself into thinking that I'm some kind of innawoods operator.

I have a little bag prepared for if some kind of disaster happens, but it's not full of guns or anything, just some stuff that I'd like to have handy in an emergency that I can quickly grab and evacuate.

Hopefully 0.05% fighting

>and trapping
im pretty sure plenty of people here spend a lot of time trapping

Never. Fuck that shit.

Ohoho I remember that thread.

>being concerned about a 3 mile time in gear instead of 12 mile time in gear
>calls others larpers
pottery