What does Jow Forums think of the new and improved aesthetic US Army?

What does Jow Forums think of the new and improved aesthetic US Army?

Attached: 9CE924CA-48D5-47A7-813A-0C2DD3C0C3FC.jpg (750x942, 453K)

just watched SPR, thank god they went back to this style

now all services must switch to navy AOR.

Great, but it could have been a non issue if they had just stuck with the green dress uniforms (I forget if they had an exact name) used previously.

It is kind of similar to the UCP issue in a way of the army trying to follow a trend, fucking it up royally, and taking 10 year to address something that was obviously shit from the start.

In fact that is pretty much 90% of US army procurement and RnD it seems....

And that’s a good thing get ready for a generation of zoomers larping as ww2 soldiers

>pros
looks cool
>cons
now everyone must buy and maintain a set

Israels army *

Literally a non-issue. The army needs to focus on the fact that they are
>the most cucked branch after the Navy
>lowest fitness standards muh ACFT is far easier
>Meme rifles+rounds
>3 brigades are ready for combat
>morale through the floor
>low recruitment
>multimeme camo
>Stretched thin
>barracks uninhabitable
>shitty Made-in-China kit
>40 year old vehicles
>Absolutely retarded officers

Don't you have crayons to be eating?

>morale through the floor
Is current morale really that bad?

Don't you have recruitment goals to NOT meet? Face it, the US military is a meme now.

Sure the army still has all of these problems but at least we don’t look like bus drivers anymore

If anything it's an understatement

That’s fitting, a meme army for a meme country

Sure but a pretty uniform does not make you shoot straight.

The aesthetic is very 40s. It doesn’t really fit in with modern fashion. That and also, since the Army doesn’t really have an administrative type uniform, your either wearing your combat shit or your wearing this. That’s a lot of shit to maintain. That’s like forcing marines to wear dress blues for fire watch duty.

the army is a joke, don't enlist anons. Just finish school or get a trade and make enough money to do your thing on your own time. The training is weak sauce and gay. Training and classes on your own are the only way to go.

none of this dress uniform bull shit should have happened, the green class-A uniform was fin, with the Blues a separate authorized uniform, and the Army should have brought back the short sleeve khaki uniform

Would look so much better without all those fucking medals

Yes, if given the opportunity to get out, there probably wouldn’t be an army anymore

Honestly 4 years in the military is better than being a NEET

How shitheap is it? Give specifics.

If you saw the modern US army, being a NEET is far better.

You spend time pulling weeds, cutting grass with scissors, dealing with toxic leadership, and other bullshit details 96% of the time, the other 4% is bullshit training exercises with no value

I would roast his ass in an inspection. That gig line is crooked as a dog leg. His warm body awards are not Impressive.
Notice how all officers give each other the LOM medal. Kind of like a reach around I suppose.

Don’t forget the goddamn staff duty shifts, sitting around doing fuckall for 24 hours

>Army
>Excercise

Attached: 1554477169515.jpg (1080x1024, 156K)

Not physical exercise user, training in the field is what I meant
But PT is still decent if you’re in combat arms

What is with the American military and its obsession with black women? Every ad, video, and picture goes out of its way to showcase them.

Attached: 1541551956617.jpg (238x212, 10K)

>Decent
I mean, are you guys at Muhreen-tier co-ed traning?

From what I’ve seen the marines do, yeah I’d say combat arms army is at the same level
Non-combat on the other hand is a fucking mess

So most of the shit you hear from the Army is mostly POGs?

>t. brand new private

Only if you get all your info from Jow Forums.

Imagine going to war in some fucking desert wearing UCPs and dress blues YIKES! You 90s kids sure had it rough now it’s time for us zoomers to wear our OCPs and aesthetic greens :^)

It's a good start, they should bring back OD paint for vehicles too, and the green and white star for the logo. Maybe even through in invasion stripes for aircraft

Attached: 51QpxAttiuL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 14K)

>being proud of wearing multimeme

>

Attached: 20153E07-B92B-467A-AD2A-4931D4631A83.jpg (170x246, 8K)

>That’s fitting, a meme army for a meme country

^ still butt hurt about drumpf

How many years and billions of dollars has the army wasted to get where should have been 15 years ago?

Yeah usually when people are poking fun at how fat, undisciplined, and fucked up the army is, it’s the POGs

>if I put meme on the end of something it instantly becomes bad
Imagine being this fucking retarded.

t.

Attached: Zoomer.jpg (1200x1800, 238K)

It looks good if you’re not a goblino

Where did black boots go anyway?

Explain whats wrong with it.

Offer no tactial advantage while requiring people to waste time polishing them.

>Americans
>not goblinos

A E S T H E T I C S are a tactical advantage on their own.

>56%

>Meme rifles+rounds
.300 Blackout shill confirmed

Attached: cyarindraws.jpg (474x474, 82K)

Black boots were a temporary fad from the Cold War era. Before that we used roughout leather, and now we've gone back for the same reason as then: It's low maintenance and generally inexpensive.

I had a sergeant major tell me about how it was great for keeping people busy when there wasn't shit to do but sit around outside of a few wars and even then, lots of sitting around. It was something you had time for. These days, they actually make troops do shit during the day and training > shining boots.

Now just reduce the ribbon rack to 3 rows.

For sure. Let's start with the basics:
- Housing: absolutely appalling. Most barracks are worse than section 8 projects. There is a congressional inquiry right now as to the state of on-post housing. I would say this is probably the top factor contributing to
- Work Days: Most days are spent doing busy work and padding OERs by being told to do stupid shit that has no real training value.
- MOS: Most intelligent MOSs will never do their MOS because they are seen to be better suited pushing paperwork. This is especially bad in intel where 3/4 push paperwork and have deadlined careers while the other 1/4 get to do their job and actually advance. On the subject of paperwork, it is almost guaranteed if you need something done administratively, it will be fucked up.
- Field: While the field isn't supposed to be fun, piss-poor planning turns most field problems into misery-fests. Time isn't spent training, it is spent going through bullshit motions and unnecessary stress.
- Soldiers: While there genuinely are very intelligent people who wanted to join the Army for personal reasons, most of the force is comprised of hoodrats who can't do anything else in life. Criminals, thugs, gangbangers right off the street. Most females are whores with attitude problems who do not listen to anyone. This doesn't go away at the higher ranks, which they will reach despite being mediocre for some inexplicable reason.
- Deployments: Those who want to deploy can't and those who don't want to are forced to.
- Leadership: I can say from experience that promotions work like dogshit. You don't have to be an even remotely competent leader to make it up the ranks. Welfare and well-being of individuals is always on the backburner and something that is rarely of concern.
- Gravy Train: Many people are in for the free shit and have no other motivation for being there. Encountering a soldier with a drive to do anything is a rare event.

cont.
The army does a good job ensuring you never feel cared about in the slightest. How training is conducted and tracked changed in the last 2 or so years and everything you do revolves around that. I noticed a significant drop off in the quality of any sort of training even once this happened since it was more about checking blocks than actually putting in decent training.

In many units, constant inspections and such also keep you doing miserable busywork.

Lastly, the military is fucking boring. There is no room to think for yourself or stimulate yourself mentally as an enlisted soldier. There is no fulfillment or anything and even as you look up at those higher ranking than you, they're just as miserable. They're in the same position you are only they're in charge of you.

>US military now dresses like valor thieves
>NJ police now dress like Mussolini's blackshirts, except with the color changed to a pastel blue

What a world we live in.

Attached: Bruh.png (728x1044, 503K)

Talking about muh pastic cases and LSAT-tier shit

Is all this an Army problem or a problem for all branches?

AOR2 is fucking tits. Hands off my camo.

It’s a PV2 who’s sad everyday isn’t spent going to the range problem. That being said go Ranger and enjoy your time in the Army.

Absolutely the shittiest uniform in the world. Except Turkey, Romania or Kazakhstan.

After decades of uniform changes and countless millions in developing and Fielding new uniforms, they're going back to the same design they had in the 1940's.

Meanwhile the Marines haven't done shit for their service and dress uniforms for decades and they still look better than all the other branches.

Attached: a39b9429c065c48e281f00b9f8500a1d.jpg (640x425, 40K)

I can't speak too much but from talking to people in the other branches, it isn't near as bad. The Army is just huge and has a hard time managing itself in any manner that's good for the people.

Gay as shit. Collars were a mistake in military uniforms.

lol, no.
Most ranges suck dick, too.
>Need to qual 500 people in the time it takes to qual 50
>Sit around for 4 hours
>Shoot to zero with range safeties breathing down your neck in the Army's poor excuse for a kit
>Sit around for 4 more hours
>Qualify the same way
>Spend 3 hours cleaning up the range
>Go home and clean weapons

I try to make the ranges I run not quite so fucking terrible but that's when the OIC starts worrying about his OER and how it 'looks' when the soldiers aren't miserable.

Time to share N*vy

i liked the greens

The worst part about this is buying the damn things then getting them tailored because everything off the shelf is essentially a garbage bag with sleeves.

Unironically looks better than pos UCP

The red ranks give me Christmas tree vibes

Sounds like every western millitary.

Most are not as cucked as ours but they're damn well trying

When it was hot, they smelled like a wet dog.

This uniform is good look good with jump boots

Try being in the aussie airforce were you have a whole bunch of SNCOs who peaked in the their 30s and zero interest in leaving before they hit retirement at 55. Resulting in average time to promote above e3 being 10 years and they've been in the job so long they are end up with just as many if not more quals then the people above them with getting paid any extra.

Excellent. But does a veteran (not retired) get to wear it?

Sucks m8

so that;s why ozzie fags are so vapid when they post on 4 chins.

It because the military got rid of the retire after 20 years perk in the 90s while still keeping time based promotion until about 10 years ago leading to a ridiculous amount of mediocre people making it to the top of the food chain. The worst example of this is loadmasters which have 2/3 of their members being e9s.

>LOOK YOU GET TO BUY ANOTHER USELESS FUCKING UNIFORM

It's all politically motivated; in the 1950's the Army issued the "Elvis hat" which Castro wore. LBJ came into power and the hats switched to a baseball hat. Lady Bird Jonson owned the factory that made those hats. Clinton/Obama did the same thing but w/boots/berets! Now the Army is going back in time to a better style!
BTW I think your thinking about Pink and Greens

Bitch, just wait until your living in a WW1 wooden barracks heated w/ a coal burning pot belly stove!

>You spend time pulling weeds, cutting grass with scissors, dealing with toxic leadership, and other bullshit details 96% of the time, the other 4% is bullshit training exercises with no value

So it's just like every other army in history? Well fuck me, where do I sign-up?

I spent years spit shining that those Beta Boots!

Ugly americans never change.

Attached: nnn.jpg (1024x1001, 91K)

Greens sucked

True Dat

>subdued buttons
Fucking why.

Attached: 1456091806798.gif (400x286, 1.55M)

brass is rationed for shooting the gerrys with, user

Win a war some time, Hermann, then you can give people shit about uniforms.

Well apparently the aggies can afford it

Attached: 0EBAFA19-3843-4E3D-96D6-29FB8CBFD6AA.jpg (1176x1762, 393K)

user...
This IS the administrative uniform. We're still keeping the Class A dress blues for formal events.

>muh inclusion/diversity

Thats it.

Looks cheap and a bit garish I prefer the darker buttons

mmmm yes lets make soldiers buy and maintain another set of uniforms for no reason

They have too much attitude and insufferability to get a job anywhere else and those are factors the military doesn't take into account. You'd be fucking shocked how many black females are in the Army.

They have a hard enough time with ACUs and ASUs as it is.

the acft is not easier you fucking tard. I'm tradocs bitch right now and ive taken like 3 times. That bitch is hard. The sprint drag carry turns your legs into jello before the run

>Being dense enough to think your gig line stays perfect as soon as you move a muscle in your body, let alone walk around and shit, which he likely did.

You're almost there lads. I recommend encouraging moustaches as the next step.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (863x1390, 176K)