FN makes near exact replicas of the standard service rifles in use by the United States Armed Forces today for only...

FN makes near exact replicas of the standard service rifles in use by the United States Armed Forces today for only $1700. Why do you not own one?

Attached: FN 15.png (1200x600, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf8Yv2e2oL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because an actual M4 or M4A1 is sold at $581 (to the marines at least). It's massively overpriced for a rifle that isn't even that remarkable in features to begin with. The M4's and M16s are perfectly adequate rifles but that's only because you are trying to arm 2 million bodies. For the individual you can build yourself a much better rifle with more modern features for much, much less money.

The US couldn't beat a bunch of towel heads even with 16 years to do it and you want me to buy their plastic garbage? Hard pass.

This, I kinda wanted one just for nostalgia's sake I guess, but holy shit why would I pay $1700 dollars for something the DoD spends like $600 on

Why would I want a non-freefloated AR for 2-3 times the price of a barebones build that does exactly the same thing but better.

Rail guards are included

Attached: 1539325451633.jpg (400x571, 59K)

do you know how unobtainable those rail guards are?

Really??? Kak rail guards are hard to find?? I’ve got a brown paper bag full haha sweet

holy fuck, everyone here is retarded as fuck

not very?
you can still buy em they are just $250

Mate, with less money you can get a much better AR, however you would like it. That is literally it. You can even get virtually the same components too, albeit not FN manufactured.

Attached: 1553395698319.jpg (2500x1667, 2.65M)

But not you, le enlightened gentlesir

They're literally in stock on opticsplanet for 250 dollars.

Because I have higher standards?

Same, I've got about enough for three M16a4's.

those are counterfeit

oh yes the ones kac sells for 250 off their own website are counterfeit

They're not the real deal

>$1700
>for what is essentially a not even 95% correct rifle
OR
>pay $500 for half way decent AR-15
>P&W 15.5 inch barrel with a2 birdcage
>buy correct rear sight for $50
>buy RAS kit and covers for $200
congrats, I just built you a near replica of the exact same fucking rifle for half the cost.

You want a 20 inch barrel on the M16

>P&W 15.5 inch barrel

Attached: what the fuck am I looking at.jpg (735x490, 76K)

We aren't talking about M16's you retard

But they make M16s too
retard

Attached: FN 15 M16.png (1200x500, 221K)

Okay great, we aren't talking about that, fuck off.

My thread my rules, you fuck off

>do exact same thing
>buy RAS kit for rifle length
>costs slightly more

but then you need a 20 inch for m16

to be fair, fighting against insurgencies is far more annoying and nowhere near as straightforward as fighting a conventional war.

>let the insurgency win
>insurgency establishes conventional state of x country
>country has conventional army
>you are now fighting a conventional war
>profit

Hahaha this thread, Jow Forums is beyond saving now.

Attached: WP_20190417_002.jpg (3072x1728, 2.6M)

Because FN exists to extract money from gullible retards who think MUH MILSPEC MUH MILITARY CONTRACTOR means anything but "accepting the contract for the lowest price possible".

>KAC spacer

Cuck.

I'm a cuck if I don't SBR and I'm a cuck if I do, I just make peace with the fact user is retarded and don't worry about it. :^

Attached: WP_20190330_004.jpg (1728x3072, 1.82M)

Close that ejection port cover devil

im just kidding MSD you're okay. :)

easter weekend, no way the board wasn't going to be filled with a bunch of butthurt poorfags and noguns

Cloners are actually brain dead

No, fuck you.
Fuck you.
Don't talk to me, fuck you.

Attached: WP_20170522_010.jpg (3072x1728, 1.98M)

Go ahead and dirty up your BCG then

nice lower scratch

That's kinda what happened with ISIS. It started off as an insurgency in the form of the super hard-line evolution of the merely hard-line Wahhabi Saudi cell in Syria known as Al Nusra Front.

ISIS captured relatively large amounts of territory. It then tried to set itself up as a legitimate state with all the things that go with it. then the US and Russia double teamed it to death. If they stayed an insurgency they would have been more successful, but it would have taken much much longer.

I have an industry discount with FN. Not the one you have to get via MGW, but through them directly at a slightly better discount. Was thinking of getting something from them. 1500 bucks off a 249, what a deal!

>dust cover art
are you still into that bizzare hentai series? surely one man can't prop up that whole project

Attached: m e m e.png (375x275, 121K)

What's the point of shooting a 10 round belt though

I will, fuck you.
Comes with actually using your rifle more than three times a year, fuck you.
I am gote and gote is eternal, fuck you

Attached: WP_20170710_024.jpg (3072x1728, 1.5M)

me on the left

Attached: 10mm suppressed.jpg (2048x1152, 236K)

AK-103s cost like $300 max for the Russians to churn out, but it's common for SGL-21-94s or clones thereof (original Russian brake, 5.5mm trunnion folding stock, pistol grip reinforcement plate on an SGL-21) to fetch over $2500 or $3000.

At least those can be somewhat justified due to the scarcity of the original Russian parts (which are largely tracked down from shady guys on AKFiles who probably liberated them from Russian army depots somewhere) and the skilled labor required to assemble them, but we live in the US. AR parts - even the ones needed to replicate a USGI M4 Carbine - are very common and affordable; people hawk used examples all the time on AR15.com; there is no need to spend $1800 on one from FN when you can get a near-identical example from parts.

It's a bit of the same logic with Colt's new M16A1 that they're selling for $2500 MSRP; all it offers over a Brownell's rifle for half the price or even one built with a USGI surplus parts kit is the prancing pony rollmark - which one could replicate with an custom engraved 80% lower and anodizment afterward.

>this huge government body that places orders in the tens of thousands for this gun got them at a cheaper cost per unit than I'd get!
This is some of the most buttfuck retarded reasoning I've seen here all year, seriously kill yourselves.

I'd very likely own an AR15 if they were legal to hunt deer with in PA. Until that changes, I can't justify dropping $500 on one, let alone $1,700. I'm not saying hunting is the only things guns are for, but when I spend money on guns I like to be able to use them for as many things as possible.

i ave an m4gery with an fn barrel, upper receiver was probably made the same place as well. close enough.

/Thread

They're still not worth $1700. Not even $700.

because I built a better AR for less

>Rifle w/ KAC RAS and button-broached, chromed, heavy-profile FN barrel
>not worth $700
You're an idiot.

Just because those things are expensive doesn't negate the fact that they're not worth it. A full sized quadrail is bulky, heavy, and fucking useless even to the US military, let alone a civilian who just wants to LARP.

I'd been juggling the idea of getting an RIA match-grade something for a 10mm but that grip tape on FDE is fucking nice. You might've just sold me on a g20. here's tits for thanks, jannies try me bitch

Attached: 1555607248707m.jpg (683x1024, 87K)

Because the Colt Socom is the same rifle issued and the FN isn't.

FN uses 4140 barrels for their civilian rifles, which is not the same barrel and is non .mil spec in regards to the TDP for M16 and M4 rifles.

Colt on the other hand can use the TDP because they own it and they are built on the same line, on the same machines, by the same people making .mil rifles.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf8Yv2e2oL8

16" carbine gas in 2019 LMFAO retard

>let alone a civilian who just wants to LARP
tbf, if their goal is to LARP, they need the rifle to look just like the ones the gov uses

I want to save up and buy an ACOG. Probably wait until my christmas bonus.
Do you have to have that larue QD mount? Is that something you recommend

Actual KAC .mil issue sets look like and come like this, these aren't for sale commercially by KAC

Attached: products-knights-armament-rail-cover-set-w-vertical-grip-gun-rails-knights-armament-3900631187545.jp (1024x768, 52K)

You guys are fucking morons who dont understand bulk purchasing. How do you think the f35 got cheaper than the eurofighter typhoon?

So your complaint is.. the quad rail? Even raillless it's worth far more than 700 dollars newfag.

> A full sized quadrail
that's not even close to fullsize you blind retard

Holy shit you're fucking dumb.
Of course you don't have to have it, they come with perfectly solid thumb-screw mounts. I like the Larue mount because
A) It's less obtrusive
B) It has a pretty good RTZ
C) It looks cool
D) Another pointless layer of gucci factor for me to flaunt

Attached: WP_20190417_004.jpg (1728x3072, 2.18M)

>doesn't have a single Colt part in his '''clone'''

I mean I have several and unfortunately the receiver is one of them.

Attached: OltQUALITY.png (1219x864, 1.38M)

My le6920 is good enough

ar thread
post ar

Attached: bed3b.jpg (1280x1280, 354K)

get a glock 40, ask if someone will cerakote the frame FDE
or do a P80 build now that that's a possibility
grip tape is FoXX- the stuff for the 17 and 22 works for all full size pistols which includes the 40 and 20

Attached: Glock 20 hunting load.jpg (2048x1152, 197K)

I can build one with a BCM upper for cheaper.

keep posting that shitty no name poorfag clone.

Duh not like I was going to stop posting it.

Attached: WP_20170223_012.jpg (1728x3072, 1.21M)

This. If the US Military's objective had been: Purge Afghanistan of all Hominid life forms, we would have been able to enjoy cheap Vacations and Starbucks in a pacified and beautiful 51st State, a decade ago.

>implying the military is there to win

brainlet

>A hypothetical example is retarded

Please suck start your car exhaust.

Attached: 1554522310207.jpg (618x344, 41K)

Do you even ARG? All his guns are poorfag and poverty ponys.

Maybe I will cop a 40; I wanted a double stack, and originally i wanted full metal piece but both the 20 & 40 were cheaper options i considered but I have to figure out if the longslide is what I REALLY want...i already have two full-size polymer 9mm so maybe the 40 will help diversify a bit, perform more like a magnum-tier piece.

Who is this semen demon?

Also
>observing dem numbers on this day

jesus christ what the fuck.

I need a soft gun case for my BCM. 36"
I was thinking of just getting a PSA bag. Its cheaper and the reviews are good. I already have a Savior for my Aero. What do you think, man

How does it differ from anything I can build/buy outright for half the price
For that matter how does it differ from other ARs on the market, period

I just cloned one instead.

Lower is all the standard A2 stuff, upper is a BCM 20" with P&S quad rail. I think it was ~$800 bucks or something.

SGL's were like $600 when they were first coming in. Gun panics and sanction-driven scarcity is why is cost so much nowadays.

>Colt resale value on lower with the right marks
>over $500
>Colt resale value on lower with the right marks and is pre ban
>over $1200
>PSA resale value
>$50

Attached: 1524257438657.gif (500x388, 929K)

I bought a complete NOS FN upper for 600 dollars and a BCM lower for 365. Colt A4 stock was another 50 I think. So just over 1k for a very nice A4 clone.

If you want a softcase I've had fantastic experience with the Bulldog Ultra Compact for my SBR. Should only be around $40 on Amazon but it's sturdy and simple.
>Muh resale
I swear to fuck that's all you insufferable Colt kikes care about.

Attached: 20190315_174004.jpg (3264x1836, 1.73M)

You do know that FN makes M4s for Colt, right?

>soft case
step your game up, plebeian

Attached: JPEG_20190420_194244.jpg (3328x1872, 1.53M)

full retard wrong.

Ok, thanks.

>I swear to fuck that's all you insufferable Colt kikes care about.
I care a lot more about supporting a company like Colt than I do a bandwagon company like PSA. If you want a clone there's only a few options for lower.

>Seething poorfag
>muh $40 anderson is just as good

Attached: 1487370741340.jpg (1184x1046, 468K)

>if you want a clone there's only a few options...
like getting a brain

No, my friend. Colt lost the contract in the late 2000s. FN now makes the M4 for the military. And the Scar17s for SOCOM.

Colt has a current contract for 69,000 M4A1's, FN has no current contract.

I dont need a hard case for a range trip.