El glocko

Tell me why this overbuilt ugly absolute snorefest of a handgun isn't perfect.

>durable
>reliable
>affordable
>no brady campaign meme safety
>by far the largest 3rd party aftermarket support

It's boring as shit, but it's hard to argue that anything in its price range and category is better.

Attached: Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschluss
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is the single greatest gun, of all time.

tranny discord

Attached: idiots3.png (618x412, 365K)

>why does everyone drive the Toyota Camry?
It's affordable.

unironically this

except that Glock is actually one of the more expensive offerings now, if you haven't noticed retail Glocks at LGSs are often $600.
Now S&W offers their own clone at 3-400, Ruger has the Security 9 at 300 reliably, and CZ has had theirs under 400 forever. You can even get a suppressor ready model (something Glock has never done) for $400.

yep

looks like a rectangle dildo and im sick of hearing about it.

I'd probably buy one of their 10mm offerings if it were legal to hunt deer with automatics in Pennsylvania. Until that changes, I can't justify spending the money when my .357 or my .44 magnums do the job just fine.

Ok there elmer

uncomfortably fat plastic grips and squishy trigger

Attached: xbawkshueg.jpg (2840x2400, 2.06M)

People hate Glock for the same reasons Jow Forums has nazi/rhodesia/BDU uniform aesthetics threads. Because despite the fact that beauty and nostalgia are impractical, they would chose it over an ugly durable tool of war because they don't fuggin use their gear.

That said, Glock is hands down the worst maker of Glock style pistol parts. Every aftermarket company is better, and now that 80% frames are a thing, you dont even need to pay Glock at all.

Attached: 1552759780845.jpg (265x325, 14K)

squared-off dimpled trigger guard

who the hell uses the trigger guard to keep the muzzle down??

boomers. that's who.

>Glocks
>$600 retail
Not even in Cali at big box stores while not on "sale", what the fuck?

I'll take my 1911 instead.

Bruh just dont do that

>People hate Glock for the same reasons Jow Forums has nazi/rhodesia

didn't austria team up with the nazi's...?

I have a 1911 and a glock. I like them both. Trigger is way better on the 1911. Almost everything else is better on the glock

Attached: 1544191595135.jpg (1080x1100, 468K)

I'm sure you would, gramps.

Attached: 20190218_210317.jpg (1080x1313, 543K)

Yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschluss
Also neck yourself commie

Christ, you need to work on your critical reading skills.

Florida, Arizona, New Jersey, PA, South Carolina, Illinois, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana gun stores ive been to (I move around a lot) have all had new Glocks regularly listed at $550-$600 on display. Used ones go for about $400-500 on Armslist

It is literally the perfect combat handgun in the modern world, fite me
The only other thing that would have a shot would be a modernized P7, but those only exist in my dreams.

Oh right I read it over, now it makes more sense. Guess I'm biased since I use to be an anti-funs and thought when I first started getting into guns the glock cult was mostly neo-nazi ex conns that managed to evade criminal background checks somehow.

>>the toyota corolla is the best car in the world user

Glock Costs about 150 too much. Police trade in Glocks for 350 are the best gun for the price.

Get rid of the shitty glock trigger, needs a smooth and crisp trigger with a good reset, the factory trigger is utter shite. (My mosin trigger is better.)
Put decent sights on it.
Put a barrel with a fully supported chanber on it so your brass doesn't get fucked and you avoid the glocknade
And with the swappable backstraps yeah it is now genuinely a decent gun.

Except it no longer resembles a glock at this point.

But but but

Maritime Spring Cups

Can confirm. LGS in Charlotte NC & York SC last I checked was the same way.

Cops get their glocks at ~400-450 anyway with the LEO discount

They've got shit fit and finish
I handled one for an hour and that was enough

Attached: 1532908940012.jpg (720x534, 30K)

CAPITALIST PLASTIC HANDGUN LIKE LADA. WILL GET TO DESTINATION, BUT LOOKS LIKE STALIN'S HAIRY ASS AND HANDLES SAME. BUT CAPITALIST MAKE YOU PAY MORE THAN WORTH

Well that was dumb.

he's (badly) imitating an old tripfag from Jow Forums's glory days

Attached: 1404888101348.png (1233x247, 29K)

It functions, and it's 99.999999999999% reliable unless you're intentionally trying to break it or are retarded. But you're right, it's boring. It's boring but it works, that's the tradeoff.

only so many other guns work just as well, but look and feel better to boot

in terms of design, the glock is best. however, as an overall product the Polymer 80 is a way better gun with the customization options and the overall ergonomic improvements, also the loopholes it can jump through in regards to US law make it even more desirable

Attached: Polymer80_Glock19_04-1.jpg (2000x1333, 372K)

>affordable
Well... It's not expensive per se but it's way overpriced for what you're getting and is beaten by offerings that sell for 33% less. You're honestly paying for the name. If you can get one used for $350 you're good, otherwise get literally any other striker fired polymer frame handgun.

Meh. I never grok'ed the Glock triggers, but can't deny that they are what they are--simple, reliable combat pistols. They get the job done.

I think their motto is 'GLOCK: PERFECTION' because 'GLOCK: ADEQUACY' wouldn't look as good on t-shirts and mousepads.

they should forget the motto and just put cute anime girls on their t-shirts and mousepads

Attached: 1475173799638.png (1200x1128, 1.06M)

Because it's not perfect for me, I don't like its feature set.

>car metaphor
Wow! What an articulate and intellectual response!

>hurr durr Glocknade
Man, we really still out here in 1998, huh?
>Poly80
>better than factory
Lmao, no. The only 3rd party parts that are better than factory are the sights and barrel. And the barrel can be argued.
>but muh trigger
And then you have and increased probability that your trigger return spring or possibly the whole trigger bar itself shits itself. I’ve only ever seen trigger problems on 3rd party gucci Glock bullshit.

Dayton, NV FUCK YES

From Ghost Inc?

Such as?

>go into the gun store
>he offers me a 1911 clone in 10mm of course
>tell him I'm looking for something to carry that's kinda big but not too big, you know like a glock 19
>"but I have a glock 19"

Attached: Paul-Joseph-Watson.png (823x433, 698K)

>slides cut with front serrations and rmr ready
>suppressor ready night sights
>better mags
>better mag releases
>better slide releases
>better barrels, threaded if needed
>better triggers since you have no proofs they fail more
>better mag extenders
>better guide rods/spring sets
>80% frames undercut, beveled, textured, beaver tailed

Okay.

Let's all be real at the exact same moment here, glock is the only brand that forces its fanboys to buy aftermarket parts by not offering a "tactical" edition of their guns, breh. Glock would be "perfection" if they listened to their customers gripes. Instead they offer longer grips(literally why) and upcharge $100.

>forces
Stop projecting your wants on the entire consumer base. The one Glock I own, all I did was switch out the sights and I’m happy with it.

I have an issue with how difficult the mags are to seat. First of all, plastic? Wtf, no other respectable gun company uses plastic pistol mags. On top of that the mag catch and release button are also plastic. The fitment is just shit as a result and you have to shove those motherfuckers in hard or they'll drop after your first shot. That's no joke, that's a fucking flaw that can get you killed.

>entire consumer base

Explain how h&k's VP9 tactical affects people who want h&k's other lines? Do you understand how running a company works? How supplying a demand keeps the money coming to you instead of going to your competitors? I don't care how you like your glock. I like mine. That doesn't change the fact that glock is losing a fucking lot of money now days to their competitors and companies who supply aftermarket parts, not to mention a military contract since they up-jew'd the Army $175 million over Sigs offer.

I love glocks but your argument makes me hate that I love them.

Attached: 20190416_112203.jpg (1067x782, 248K)

>Glock
>losing money
Kek, no. Glock still holds 65% of all US LEA contracts and a good portion, if not a solid half, of all global LEA contracts. Not to mention all the major special forces across the globe have dropped their previous standard issue sidearms in favor of Glocks these past five years (Delta dropped the 1911, MARSOC dropped the 1911, DEVGRU dropped the P226, SAS dropped the P226, GIGN and GSG9 dropped their HKs, SAT dropped the P229, JT2-F dropped the Hi-Power). The only market that’s arguably dwindling is the civilian market, and even then, not by an amount that matters. I understand where you’re coming from: other brands are starting to put features on their pistols that are factory spec and and not aftermarket and Glock should do the same. “Should” is the key word because Glock doesn’t /need/ to. 90% of people who buy a Glock don’t do so they can larp as a SEAL.

Lots of people also like Glocks as they are and don't want the company to make drastic changes. Front slide serrations for example are pointless and look gay. I'm pissed that they're beginning to standardize that faggotry.

Metal factory sights is also a waste since I'm going to throw them away regardless.

>They've got shit fit and finish

Compared to who?

>uncomfortably fat plastic grips

Then I guess you're going to be stuck with single stacks, handlet, because glocks have some of the thinnest grips of any double stack.

Which would be mitigated if the front serrations, suppressor sights, etc were put on one model the way every other company does it. Now it doesn't interfere with glock purists and keeps money in Glock's pocket.

The Army contract was a big L for them. That was a larger contract than SOCOMs(who also contracted trijicon for their glock sights since glock makes shit sights) or any other agency. Yes, they are still making tones of money for the agencies they contract for of course. But they still have been "innovating" in ways no one asked them to and ignoring a large market of buyers.

>Every aftermarket company is better
Why would aftermarket companies exist in the first place if they didn't offer an improvement?

Bless based Ivan

>>durable
>>reliable
Sure. I mean plastic isn't going to hold up as long as a metal, but it revolutionized an industry and it'll do the job for long enough.

>>affordable
There are guns that are just as good or better at a lower price point. These days, you're just paying for the Glock name.

>>no brady campaign meme safety
The #1 reason why Glawkbabbys end up ND'ing themselves.

>>by far the largest 3rd party aftermarket support
It needs it. Ironic considering its "perfection" tag line.

>>by far the largest 3rd party aftermarket support

That just means glawkbois are idiots and suckers for spending more of their money on top of what they paid for the gun itself.

That's a damn shame, 10mm is pretty sweet. Its good for killing feds and nogs too.

single stacks mostly but also Browning Hi Power and slim CZ 75 models like the Shadow 2

XDm is superior

And at that price point they would be competitive with the actual market. The 600 dollar sticker price is unreasonable.

Glock bulge is still a thing on brass. Literally every other manufacturer uses barrels with fully supported chambers, Glock won't because it might affect their nearly 100% profit margin.

And I've fired almost every other striker fired pistol from the major brands. They all have better triggers than Glock. We don't hear about trigger reliability ussues from anyone except SIG.

Face it: Glock is an overpriced and overhyped gun that lacks refinement or perfection, and has their share of the market because of how aggressively Glock pursued LEO sales.

I have nothing against Glocks as utilitarian, cheap tools, and am all for people buying the used police trade ins. But buying Glock NIB for MSRP is for losers, and anyone calling it perfection has never shot other guns or is a fanboy who bought the marketing hype and whose ego is invested in the identity of Glock perfection. Sad really.

Hey Jow Forums new fag here why no like 1911, i thought this was sweet gun? Was thinking about getting a ruger SR1911

Attached: wm_7492829.jpg (1024x588, 62K)

it is a sweet gun, but this is a glock thread, so nobody likes it.

you're not allowed to like both glocks and 1911s on Jow Forums

>plastic isn’t going to hold up as long as metal
>Glawkbabbys end up ND’ing themselves
Holy fuck, boomer please go and stay gone.
t. assblasted that a fucking LEGO is outselling his HKuck and CZoy

>The #1 reason why Glawkbabbys end up ND'ing themselves.

I'll wait for the statistics backing that retarded claim.

good luck betting your entire life on 8 shots

I feel bad for people like you user. Being proud of getting swindled is embarrassing. HK, CZ, Beretta, and FN all make good firearms that I enjoy and would be more than a little sad about winding up in an evidence locker. If my G22 goes to the evidence locker and never comes back I won't care. I paid next to nothing for it and it works, though I enjoy just about every firearm I own more. If you want to be a mindless fanboy that's your prerogative. HK has a much better shot at the title of "perfection" than Glock ever will though. Stay mad :)

Tell ya what though, since you like pointlessly expensive and mediocre guns.. you should look into a Colt AR15.

Glock mags are steel + polymer.
Slam magazines in, don't be delicate, it's a tool, not a toy.

Attached: nada Iida rail wars.jpg (380x439, 38K)

>isn't perfect
It'd be damn near it if it had a 1911 style safety. Also I don't really like the trigger much.

Glock is one of the better guns on the California handgun roster.

Attached: 7FF29421-56AA-4985-8EF9-91EC60085B59.jpg (2250x3000, 2.73M)

They are great. Really the only drawback is the single stack magazine and, if you're a glockfag, the manual thumb safety. Otherwise it's just caliber, and you can get them in 9mm if you like. People like 9mm because it's more conducive to rapid fire and obviously the gun will be able to hold more.
Though really, it's statistically very unlikely than any kind of gun fight you may find yourself in is going to last more shots per person than what a 1911 can hold anyway, so. If you didn't die in the initial panic shots from both parties, either they're dead or you found yourself some cover and reloading the thing isn't a lengthy process. Though it's rather unlikely you could validly engage two aggressors with it without either dying or running out of ammo first.
Glocks gud too though, despite all the contention. They're about as reliable as they get and don't have any particulars that you have to practice like remembering to disengage your manual safety as you draw. If you want a .45 that can hold a few more than a regular 1911 (kinda sucks for carry since it's a full sized pistol), Glock has a compact model that can since it's double stack.

Just because you're not manually switching the safety off with your thumb before you pull the trigger doesn't mean the gun doesn't have safeties that work.

Compared to HK tier stuff, but there are lots of plenty good S&Ws, CZs and the like that are on par with Glock offerings that are 100-200 bucks less.

Attached: cz.jpg (640x639, 72K)

Glocks are nice they just aren't for me. They feel like holding a brick and the grip angle doesn't agree with me. I'd rather have a P320 or a Walther.

My Cabela's sells them for like almost 700. A lot of the mom and pop sell them at like 550ish.

>because glocks have some of the thinnest grips of any double stack.
Really? Feel like my M&P compact has thinner grip.

It has to do with contour. Glocks are pretty much flat up and down and front to back, wheras other guns arent. Heres a glock next to a p320 for comparison.

Attached: 20190421_175307.jpg (4032x1908, 797K)

>glocks have tiny grip
this

I am convinced the gun reviewing community is comprised entirely of small mexican manlets with squishy fatboy tiny hands. Every glock I have ever felt, with the exception of ones with the largest backstrap, feel tiny. And yet everyone bitches that they're too BIG.

stick with single stacks, manlets. your constant desire to ruin everything has made most modern handguns garbage. It fucks with the accuracy for all non-handlets, via too much trigger finger.

>needs more than 8 shots to drop a target
maybe you need to invest in glasses m8

This, I love my Glock but I’d be lying if I said that the grips were “perfection”. Stuck in California so no back straps for me unless there’s some 3rd party solution for the gen 3.

Next purchase is probably going to be a Beretta M9A1 which seems like it’ll fit my bear claws better. Mostly getting it to play with DA/SA.

A G19 in store in my state is $550 before tax. and thats the cheapest I can find it. g20s are almost $700 after tax these are both brand new guns. I just think that since cali has a surplus of guns because no one can buy them they must make them cheaper.

Attached: nani(10).png (238x224, 19K)

will everyone stop regurgitating the fucking glock threads? god Jow Forums has become so predictable

>This thread again

Attached: 84d01b34e43b9b0d6e2b78c17712d242.gif (245x245, 990K)

“Glocks are boring” threads are to Jow Forums what “U mad wyteboi?” blacked threads are to Jow Forums.

In the early 1980's Glock knocked the firearms industry for a loop, and generated a shitton of press, both positive and negative-- "plastic guns that terrorists take through airport metal detectors!" to "Wonder nines that will revolutionize firearms forever!" Both extremes being bullshit, of course, but all press is good, and Glock sold a fucking pile of plastic framed nines.
However, what has Glock really done in the last 30 years? More calibers, different sizes, some minor fixes, but no real big innovation since its introduction. Just like Colt couldn't improve on the 1911, and now about 30 different companies make better 1911s than Colt ever did, Glock's stagnation has led to dozens of different companies making better, more innovative handguns, mostly at far lower prices. "But, But, reliable... accurate..." Niggers say the same thing about the HiPoint C9, and I wouldn't own one of those, either. I have fired the G17 extensively, and I hated the wonky grip and crap trigger, although I do admit that it is accurate and reliable... but so are almost all other modern firearms, including the C9. I know why they were popular back in the day, but have no idea why some faggots still like them now.

>original xbox controller
This is the perfect comparison. It just feels wrong but you like it.

Maybe for a 34, shit even in SoCal you can find the basic models for around $500 if you look.

Turners in California regularly has 17s and 19s for around $500. You’re a retard if you pay more than $525 for any basic Glock model.

>Glock is on track to end up like Colt.
Sad!

Stock Glock triggers have a very good reset. You’re a clueless faggot.

I’m talking out my ass: The Post

I'll post my tea I guess. The glock is great and all, but there's cheaper alternatives from other companies, and it's. It's ugly. Not saying the alts are any prettier, but y'all get it.

Everything about glock triggers is spongy and gross, including the reset.

Stay mad glockfag
They’re cheap for a reason

Attached: 3CCCCDAC-8C08-4FE9-9105-687619559421.jpg (640x1136, 62K)

Brownells slide, poly80 frame and agency arms syndicate trigger make an amazing gun for the same price as a factory 19.

Guns are made for the average. The average is not huge hands. Sucks to not be average huh.

Glocks seem to be Thinkpads in pistol form, and I love that matte black, square, boring industrial aesthetic. Never shot one though. I'm an utter poorfag, so $400-$500 is pretty expensive to me. A Hi-Point is affordable and would work, albeit perhaps slightly less reliably, ammo providing.