AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Recycled images edition

Old

Attached: 100_0210.jpg (4023x2051, 2.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-5-56-nato-1-7-nit-classic-shockwave-pistol-kit-black-5165449175.html
opticsplanet.com/elite-survival-systems-assault-systems-rifle-case.html
opticsplanet.com/sb-tactical-sba4-5-position-adjustable-stabilizing-brace.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tell me how to think about this imminent purchase

Attached: AR 15 setup.jpg (1027x915, 116K)

>rimfire scope
Wewlad

yeah I knew that was going to be suspect but some of these scopes cost more than everything I have all together.

Whats the best scope

Get a radian charging handle instead of Geissele.

Get rid of the sling swivels and that sling. Get a sling with QD mounts, you already have attachment points on your stock and handguard integrated into them.

Get rid of that scope before I rape you.

I should have read on
Wrong swivels, wrong type of sling really but it would work.

Just get a basic bitch charging handle, and put the extra money into a better (mbt) trigger.

>spending more on a charging handle than the optic
6.5/10 b8

Attached: PupperBrow.jpg (718x512, 22K)

based PSA

>Always answers questions and provides feedback
Yeah, the only problem is he's very often demonstrably wrong or straight up lies about shit and won't admit to it for weeks/months. Point in case, this is a screen cap from /akg/ were WGWS was wrong as fuck about basic, easily searchable info and only admitted to it after weeks of getting dunked on by several anons on /akg/. I'd rather someone say nothing than give me a retarded answer.

Seems likely, the dude can take tons of abuse, but seems to bugger off whenever you confront him with the meticulously documented AK abortions.

Attached: wuggy admits he fucked up.png (2827x354, 430K)

whats a good charge handle that doesnt look like it was made a 17 year old airsoft larper

Don't get a scope. Just use irons until you can afford something better.

redpill me on cigars, I tried a LFD double ligero and it was pretty good, im mostly a cig smoker but wont to pick a box up for my bday, any tips? how to cut one and smoke it for max efficiency

My first build, doing it slowly, how am I doing so far?

Attached: ar 15 lower 3.jpg (2016x1512, 480K)

too bad you missed the psa sale. they had mbus on sale. i didnt get them but got a romeo5 because it was under $130.
i was a pleb on cigars but i used to smoke vega's. too bad the fucking stoners ruined ruined it my city.
>dude blunts lmao
gave up tbqh

Ctr is better than the str.. i have both and with muffs it gets all dicked. Oh and don't forget what these other dudes said.. that scope is shit. Utg or nc star if you want a cheap optic that will do okay, sure ain't trijicon or nikon but holds zero

recycled image posting

Attached: DSCN1895.jpg (3432x2184, 2.22M)

Thanks for the input friends. You guys are alright, don't go to that place you like tomorrow.

their charging handle stock is very barren at the moment.

you can rape me anyway

Attached: AR 15 setup updated.jpg (981x935, 137K)

Double ligero is my go to, but theyve had some issues getting them out.
Anything AJ fernandez makes is good (if your shop has Ovals, try those)

Today I picked up some Alec Bradley Tempus and some barrel aged perdomo, im normally not a perdomo smoker (way too light) but was recommended it.

Alec Bradley Magic Toast is pretty decent, different flavor profile than most tobacco, but its nice.

Attached: 20190114_191746_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 3.14M)

That's a bit better. I suggest you ditch the optic though and pick up a Romeo5. It costs a bit more but is a million times better. Battery life measured in years like an aimpoint. And it's actually not a piece of shit.

are vegas affordable? are they a real cigar or just some cheap ass swisher? I know dominican cigars are the best and LFD is legit, im buying a box of LFD for special occasions but want a cheaper alternative for daily/weekly smoke. stoners ruin everything, my brother dumbass stoner friend broke up a cigar my coworker gave me to roll a blunt because he thought it was a swisher or some shit, kicked him out of the house.

thanks for info bro, Ill pick up a box of 5 of each and a box of 10 of double ligero, since I liked it. im a cigar pleb, my uncle is the cigar aficionado, hes pretty much a one flavor kind of guy, double ligero is his go to, so thats all he has/smokes, I like to check out different options.

forgot to ask any places online to get stuff? theres no real cigar shops around here, just poo in loo smoke shops with shitty selection of cigars.

>romeo5
great recommendation. super versatile and fits even one my pistols

they use to be, at least the ones i used to smoke. they had nice wrapping, tasted good, smelled great and smoked even better. havent seen them in years though. i even forgot the name of them.

Awesome optic. They actually aren't all that much. I paid like $80 for a few of mine on sale. I bet you could find one for similar if you waited around.

I get them as a cheap, decent red dot for all my opticless carbines.

Is there a company that makes a rear buis that is calibrated for 308?

Attached: rng est.png (660x466, 318K)

LMT

my gun didnt come with sights or an optic like a good amount of them dont. plus i wanted something higher up than open sights so i didnt have to break my next while trying to shoot.

Looks good. That optic will serve you well. Let us know how it zeroes!

Well, iron sights are where they are at for a reason, user. I'd work on your firing position.

my firing position is fine and im just being dramatic. i still plan on getting opens. its my first ar and ive never used a gun that was so fucking flush on the top so i'd just rather go with an elevated sight for now.

I don't understand. AR sights are supposed to be elevated. You aren't supposed to be shooting with your eye right above the bore axis.

Nice.

gum cancer edition

Lose that scope and swivels with QD swivels, the stock and handguard you are getting have the attachment points for it. Rest is ok.
Why upgraded charging handle?

Now there are two slings, one of which is single point. I also hate that red dot, but at least there is a very slight chance that it isn't shit (as opposed to absolutely zero with the scope from before).

I got the one at the bottom. I forgot to delete the first.

Well, you still fucked up.

>single point on a 18" gun
oof.

Save the planet.

Attached: 654hg6e8r4ghe68rg4.jpg (2328x934, 857K)

Nice. Just dont get a complete upper. Dont waste money on a fancy charging handle. The Barrel, BCG, and trigger are most imortant. In that order.

Cheapest way to get an AR-15?

>The Barrel, BCG, and trigger are most imortant.
You're right and wrong at the same time in my opinion. Your barrel and BCG are crucial, but even budget options are very high quality nowadays. A toolcraft is a real milspec military issue bolt. A BA barrel has a sub-MOA guarantee. You don't need to sink money into either of these parts for performance.

Although I guess thanks to the MBT you don't need to spend that much on a trigger either.

PSA. You can have a complete AR15 for $300.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

best bait Ive seen in days

Ah perfect. I've been shopping around and started to figure it would be cheaper to build my own. Thanks user

i love/hate the look of this rifle

>$877
There are much better builds one can do for a similar amount of money. Just make the budget $1k and do a BCM upper on an Aero lower with a Toolcraft BCG.

I've built 4 new guns in the past 4 months. What are you doing, chucklefuck?

OC incoming

PSA M4gery style kit for $270 and then a PSA lower.

Attached: DSC03738.jpg (3947x2075, 3.81M)

It's great to build your own. You get to learn how every part goes together and interfaces with one another. You have a much greater understanding of the rifle then and know how it works, how to fix it, where problems can be originating if you have any. Highly recommend building over buying.

Plus it's fun to build ar

>What are you doing, chucklefuck?
Saving for my future, retard

It's all fun and games until the detent declares independance and 1776's itself into your face

Did someone say... recycled image posting?
What's next for this rifle(when I get the $)
>ADM lower 1/3 mount
>Streamlight HL-X ProTac
>DD Fixed Front sight
>Some Coyote Brown Okay Surefeed E2's
Also, just ordered a Geissele Airborne charging handle since they're $20 off. Been wanting an ambi charging handle for a while and this one will also help with not getting as much gas in my face. Want the fixed front sight cause I heard it helps with giving a good reference point and making sure you aren't looking through the red dot at an angle as much.

Attached: 20190315_144053.jpg (2052x3520, 2.92M)

Agreed, good thing I wear glasses like a virgin fag

I had one try this on my build I did last week, thankfully I was wearing glasses.

Attached: IMG_20180331_142623.jpg (1613x1210, 767K)

I'm not hating but do you really need a QD mount for the offset RDS?

>Wuggy finally builds a rifle that isn't complete meme-tier/trash
Good job.

Recycled images you say?

Attached: IMG_20180912_141826.jpg (3895x1016, 781K)

Not building bottom of the barrel tier AK abortions for starters. Also saving up for a GAP-10.

Attached: wuggys abortion.png (756x515, 899K)

how's my ash clone

Attached: ash clone.jpg (2016x928, 431K)

Does it flex?

Attached: 1555290134772.jpg (3245x1541, 2.23M)

n-no

Eyepro? Contacts exist. Your glasses are NOT rated for fragments

0/10 Ash clone, loosen the barrel nut crossbolts

I'm and I was wearing eyepro.

For something like a detent its not like its going to smash through any pair of glasses but I wouldn't want to fuck up prescription lenses with a chip or dent anyways and they don't offer the coverage of proper eyepro either.

Ash, sell me your moldy upper. I want to preserve /arg/ history

heeere triji triji triji

Whats the best way to attach a sling?

should i?

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-10-5-5-56-nato-1-7-nit-classic-shockwave-pistol-kit-black-5165449175.html

11.5 is better. And get something with an SBA3 instead, trust me. The shockwave is trash. Just trash.
qd sockets

the the 219.00 PSA upper and the cheaper lower kit and get a real optic like an aimpoint or acog. that is the non niggerish choice

this...

Recommendation for soft case?
36" for my AR. I really dont want to spend a fuck ton for a soft case.

thanks buddy!

id swap the shockwave for sure. im just low budget right now and thats the cheapest kit out of the bunch.

>The shockwave is trash. Just trash.
True. Dropped mine, it broke.

Cancer is awesome bro

>I really dont want to spend a fuck ton
Vism carbine case if you don't mind it broken down.

$500 bitcoin, Ill ship it to someone who will ship it you.

drop the swivels, and sling, get a cheap charging handle and put the saved money into a scope. a good scope and trigger are going to make the gun a lot more fun. but a bad scope is going to be a nightmare.

Agree on 11.5 being better, 11.5 is the shortest I'd ever go on an AR, even if I were to suppress it. If I only got to have 2 AR's, it would be an 11.5 with a red dot and a 14.5 with an Elcan.
opticsplanet.com/elite-survival-systems-assault-systems-rifle-case.html
something like this would probably work, not a bad price either.
wait for the SB Tactical SBA4 to come out, will 100% be the best brace on the market.

Raising the price? Cold man. Email me.

I only started the build because my friend offered me a spare BCM Upper for 50 bucks, stripped of course.

Still not too sure what else I'm getting to complete it, but I'm open to suggestions.

>wait for the SB Tactical SBA4 to come out
opticsplanet.com/sb-tactical-sba4-5-position-adjustable-stabilizing-brace.html

>11.5 is the shortest I'd ever go on an AR, even if I were to suppress it
Why

Did you go to a gun show today?

Did you go to a gun show today?

disregard this, my aim is a little off, I've been drinking.

Not him, same boat, here's why:
10.3 (10.5) is the lowest I'd go before performance takes a shit. You're going to wind up with pistol gas and an ineffective velocity. Not worth.

But I still stick with 11.5 over 10.5. That extra inch increases dwell time significantly, reducing parts wear and the violence of cycling. It dramatically reduces gas blowback. There's even noticeably less muzzle flash. One extra inch improves the gun in literally every way while firing.

I did, gunshow was a waste of time. I miss the gunshows from Tampa. Like twice the size.

Attached: 20190420_221954.jpg (4032x2268, 2.46M)

10.0" a best

Attached: 20180827_161321_HDR-1.jpg (3437x1455, 1.35M)

The Vortex Viper 1-6x24 seems to review well, is it a meme? I am better off saving the extra to get to a Steiner or Trijicon or S&B?

Has anyone shot one? If so, is the 1x end usuable as a quasi-red dot, and how's the eye relief?

Attached: 123123123.jpg (650x650, 31K)

meet me back at the knife thread.

they'll go bad pretty quick if you're not regulating the humidity (although water pillows and ziplock bags work pretty well)
I always like padron. their regular ones are good but the 1964s and 1926s are great
but don't die of cancer user

pretty nice ash clone block I, I sprinkled mole spores and live cultures on my acog for an ash mold era block III clone, also got a 14.5 ash clone before he gets his build done.

Attached: Raifuz.jpg (3975x3015, 3.3M)

Any QD cantilever scope mount better than a P.E.P.R. but cheaper than an ADM?

Just save up for the steiner bro, you won't regret it.

MI

Word, I just wasn't sure if that was you.

dont want to live past 50, so not worried

my uncle has a spare desktop humidor I can get off of him, already smoke cigs daily have been for the past 17 years, kind of late to worry about cancer bro bro.

viper is pretty nice. The 1x is about the same as a red dot. It is as bright as my aimpoint. The eye relief is great, I run the optic like this with the stock all the way out and it is fine.

Attached: NavySealDMR.jpg (3245x1541, 3.05M)

>dont want to live past 50, so not worried
you say that now but you'd be surprise how your desire to live changes