How do you guys decide which gun(s) you want to buy next?

How do you guys decide which gun(s) you want to buy next?

Attached: ahnoldgunstore.jpg (650x350, 102K)

I only buy guns that are in movies I like.

I don't. I waffle between around 5 things until I finally cave in and buy something completely different.

This is best method.

I trawl local listing forums for odd ball firearms, when I find one I’m interested in or something for a good price I buy it. I already have the firearms I want for any practical purposes, the ones I buy now are just for historical significance or investments.

Typically it depends on how concealable it is, and price. Kind of also what I plan on doing can be a factor.

This. I was bouncing between a 9mm AR and an SKS for a few months. I ended up buying another 5.56 AR. Now I'm back to wanting a 9mm AR.

whatever is the highest on the list of ban attempts

Have a list of things I want to buy at all times and things shift up and down. I suppose whatever happens to be at the top of the list when I have again saved enough gets purchased

i build 1 AR every year
i buy 1 pistol for every 3 rifles/shotguns
i put away $200 every month for gun stuff till i can afford new gun. the $200 is also my ammo and reloading money
my next purchase is gonna be a used Hi-Point so i can spray paint it gold to build up my street cred

Same here. Was trying to decide between a Glock 19x, CZp10, and a Walter ppq. Ended up buying a makarov and a Browning high power. Damn old school funs are just too hard to resist.

Same here, sometimes I just buy something if the opportunity presents itself and I wasn't really searching for it at the time, that's how I ended up with this thing.

Attached: GnK0fg3.jpg (5184x3456, 3.48M)

>memes
>practical
>cheap
>opportunity to learn something new
In that order.

t. owner of a shit nugget with a stripped stock and shitty fit because I fucked with it
and other guns, too, but who cares about non-memes

Based

New production isn't going anywhere, so I always go for old guns first.

I have a decent AR and a glock 19.

I've always wanted a nice high-end pistol (~$1200), but I also want an Mk18 clone. I also want a Kar98k in the future, as well as a PTR91. Between these choices, what should I buy?

don't ask Jow Forums. get what you want. the only things interesting is the mk18 or the ptr if you put decent glass on it.

movies.

Is that an RPK?

Pretty based but also pretty cringe

Holy shit, it's me!

I'm at a point where I'm just buying shit that I think is neat orbwill be fun.

Would like to get a makarov or some sort of tiny .38spl just because

Trawl classifieds looking for deals. I like gunsmith specials and they come up all the time for dirt cheap, get to work on a new action and try some new stuff and if I don't like it I can always get back what I paid for it. Found some diamonds in the rough that way.

Im on the hunt for an A5 in need of some love, if I can get it for around 300 dollars that would be swell. I expect something will come up in the next few months.

i dont know there is this thing inside my skull they tell me that tells me what to do but im not so sure anymore

Attached: 1472610140632.jpg (600x326, 77K)

I bought the basics a long time ago, so those are covered.
These days I post on Jow Forums and read firearms news to load my subconscious with info. Then whatever I have 2+ positive dreams about, I try to buy.

It's disappointing when they aren't real though. I've had four dreams this year about a lever action revolving rifle but as far as I can tell, they don't exist.

I don't know about that. Behold the Rossi Circuit Judge.

Attached: circuit_judge_lever-tfb[1].jpg (900x248, 16K)

>oh hey, that could do something I might find useful
>and it's pretty sexy
>sure why not
80% of my purchases

>have a list of guns on my wish list
>fantasize about said guns for months
>save up funds to buy a gun off wish list
>find a good deal on something not on my list
>buy it
>list never shrinks, keeps getting bigger

This is hell.

This is me, I just dropped 800 dollars on pic related not long after walking into a gun store I just happened to be near for a volunteer event. My list is still crazy long and I just keep adding things.

Attached: 20190421_115508.jpg (1125x877, 580K)

I love milsurps so I'm always checking out pawnshops in my free time. I don't buy everything I come across but if it's rare enough or is a good deal I'll buy it. Currently and desperately looking for French milsurp rifles, have had no luck. But the feeling of going into a new pawnshop for me is indescribable, the excitement of the unknown. I love it. Best deal I got this month was a Chinese type 56 SKS for $250

I am a gun hoarder, it has gotten out of hand.
(I just stay away from shitters and only buy guns where the chance of getting my money back is high.)

Attached: nil.jpg (800x1200, 86K)

It's an RPD, retard.

I look at what I have and buy something I don't have.

I’ve come to learn I’m pretty impressionable and prone to panic buying. I started buying guns at the end of the Clinton ban, so that led to me getting things I was told I couldn’t have previously like AKs and a Cetme. Then I went though a phase where I felt I needed ARs and double stack polymer handguns because of ban scares. Then I went through a phase where if it looked cool on TV I wanted it. Ended up with 1911’s and a single action revolver. Now this place seems to have sway over me. I want a pistol caliber carbine.

When I do this I just end up buying another german Mauser even though I have 4 of them already.

I plan out a purchase, see something else, think about that gun, and then I impulse buy something I see at the store for a good price.

I walk into my LGS and then go "oooh" and buy it if it makes my peepee hard.

Attached: 1873shortrifle.jpg (2168x2390, 3.57M)

Whatever makes my dingle tingle.

I snap up under priced oddities and any upper I can for my machine gun.
Otherwise there's generally some area of shooting that I'm exploring, so a lot of my purchases will follow that trend.
My shooting range opened a cool 22 action shooting range a few months back and only 2 of my 50ish guns were 22, so I've been picking up oddball 22s the last couple months.

>how many people i can make mad/scared by owning this

Attached: 1392206152461.png (286x468, 145K)

Nailed it.

I have a pattern. I buy a long arm, then a pistol. Then I repeat the pattern.

>be canadian
>everything I want that I don't already have is prohib
>spend gun money on ammo or other stupid shit
wa la

My god, it's real. I'm going to buy one.
Thank you, user!

Yup

Attached: 1549734557464.jpg (750x806, 96K)

I rent guns to test drive them. My local shop / indoor range rents a variety of stuff. A couple ARs, a couple AKs, shotguns, and then a rotating stock of neat stuff like a Tavor, a CZ Skorpion, a Kriss Vector, an M14. And a bunch of pistols.

First I'm getting practical stuff (need a a CC, need a better HD gun, just got a .22 for cheap practice) and after that it's just fun. Whatever would be nice to shoot and cool to own. Gotta be nice to shoot though, I'm not rich enough to buy just for collection.

Don't have to. I only buy in calibers that are extremely common while also being useful.
>5.56 AR-15 for SHTF
>9mm full sized handgun for home defense
>9mm compact for CC
I spend all the rest of my money on ammo.

Same. Bought a Walther PPK/S stainless steel because of Austin Powers.
38 special Ruger because of Walter White.

Enjoy the shit show.

What I have a need for, or whatever there's a good deal on.

What's suppose to the point of the image? Every one who I know that has tattoo's, either hold a PHD or some other retarded long degree to get.

Pimpin ain't easy.

in order of importance
>rule of cool
>practical need
>cost

>>memes
Based.
Sometimes I buy stuff that gets shit on in here, just to be a contrarian. Just confirms the majority of the whole board just repeats what they read here or saw on MAC. I bought pic related brand new for like $250 in November. Didnt have a .45, got one and 15+1 to boot. No ftf/fte, Pushing 2.5k rounds of whatever I buy.

Attached: 20190421_225331_1555902515558_001.jpg (987x720, 514K)

Is it full giggle?

Every gun I've bought was a gun I either picked up in a shop/show and liked, or something I came across while doing research that I thought would be cool to have.

99% of my guns are bought because of a purpose, research, test firing.

Give an example. Last week I go to the theatre, it's hot as fuck so I am wearing basket ball shorts and a tshirt. Cant carry my compact or even sub, so it got me looking into pocket carry size guns, like lcp 2. When I go /out/ I prefer crap like .44mag, 45-70, etc. I'm drunk, just ignore me.

it a $150 gun so no value is lost other than a good laugh and entertainment

I try to buy things that will turn heads at the range, rather than AR #556. (Though I do have a Gucci'd out AR with a Geissele SD-C trigger, Aimpoint T1 on a Larue LT660, Geissele MK8 13" rail, Triarc systems 14.5" middy barrel with a BCM Gunfighter comp, etc.)

This usually results in milsurp; I recently picked up a pretty rough Soviet 1977 dated military-issue Makarov with no import marks and wear consistent with wind and sand all over it. I'd bet it was somehow Sneeki Breeki'd back into the country from one of the Gulf Wars, or the war in Afghanistan. Truly a gun that I wish could talk - wonder who carried it in Afghanistan (or if it was just taken out of a weapons cache), how the serviceman came across it, how the serviceman got it home, and how the pistol ended up in a Gunbroker auction rather than in the serviceman's private collection and as an heirloom piece.

>I waffle between around 5 things until I finally cave in and buy something completely different.
real human bean

that guns only works against Swiss and French, thats what that lever is for, S for the Swiss, F for the French.. I would need one with an N on it to be worth the troubles

Attached: sea4.png (309x395, 222K)

Thats amazing. I need one of those.
Please, tell me that pump action revolving rifles exist too. Like, you pump it to spin the cylinder. If you've ever played the first borderlands game then you know what I'm talking about.

>do I have a good reason to buy it?
>is it in my price range? ($100 to $150 for me)
>are there other guns with a similar niche?
>if it's not exactly what I want, can I build on it later?

Obsessive compulsive issues. I'm guilty of this too, unfortunately.

>see gun
>that looks cool or fun
>watch vids on it by normie friendly shills like hickok and mac
>buy gun
>if Jow Forums doesn't like said gun, it's just nogun discord trannies saying so
100% success rate so far

I first started out with the basics because I never know until I try.

SO I got the glocks berettas H&K walthers 1911s sigs stoeger taurus rugers smith & wessons AKS ar 15s mil surp, and bolt action sxs and over under shotguns and pump shotguns. obscure random guns that have only been in production for random ass years and other various random ass shit and etc. too many to list and to remember

From there i shot the shit out of all of them reloaded and studied each caliber as well as ballistics and chrono. ran drills for shooting and slow and steady as well as your run and gun with these firearms. oh and long range shooting without spotting scope and with a spotter and spotting scopes with mil scopes and open sights etc. blah blah blah

After that I sold and traded everything. Decided to move up to automatic weapon systems through an internship and ended up going back to civilian grade firearms.

Sold everything for profit or under value and ended up breaking a profit. Then with that money I gave most of it to my waifu and now I just buy and trade whatever and whenever I want. I purchase upgraded old systems or new technology and try to study them and then sell it and move on and have been doing so for about 2 years now.

Tattoos are trashy as fuck, though sadly common in this degenerate age.

>TLDR
Dont settle for 1 or the other. get them all because why the fuck not. no excuses.

I'm a prepper, so I base my purchases off of practicality, right now. Whatever is the most practical and common to fulfill certain roles. I've got a purchase list running from handguns up to anti-material that I'm working on. After that, I'll just buy whatever dumb shit I want based on cost vs. frequency I'll be able to use them.

I'm odd here that I've never impulse bought. Other spending priorities mean that I've bought slowly and have a very basic setup. Next up will be a Conceal Carry piece but that won't be for either A. A good long while. Or B. Somebody does something incredibly stupid.

This is the first time I've ever seen waffle used as a verb yet somehow I know it's the most accurate way to describe this feel.

If I see it an an game/anime/meme/movie/show/book and think its cool

I live in california and really want to buy an ak. I can buy one have it sent to the shop here and just buy 10 round mags and get the shitty paddle for it. Debating on what one I want. I really like the wasr 10

Attached: century_wasr10_ak-47_rifle_ca_legal_featureless_6_.jpg (2000x1332, 855K)

Same here, and a mak is next on my list. After that I'm thinking a fuddy wood bolt gun and an FAL. After that I want to start building old SMG's from parts kits.

Nah, it's a semi-auto build by DSA.