Is a knife an effective weapon against a dog?

Is a knife an effective weapon against a dog?

Attached: 9c979c72ebf6506633a3189ea5afdfc6--switch-blade-tattoo-stilleto-knife.jpg (736x981, 50K)

Yes. Wrap your weak arm in a jacket or something and hold it out for the dog to attack and then implant your knife with your strong arm in its throat while it ls biting down.

Use a club

This is... pretty smart actually.

>We talkin' Rottweiler or Chihuahua? Should work fine against cats.

Reminder to swing underhand.

i don't know

I second the club idea + wrapping

fpbp

>H-hold on pupper, let me get my jacket off and wrap it around my arm

>I'm unable to tell what that growling dogs intention is
kys

effective? yes, no where near as much so as pepper spray. I've used pepper on a rotweiler before. took the fight right out of him.
humane? no. either deter them with nonlethal force like pepper spray or use a decently powerful gun to do the deed quick, like a pocket size .357 or 10mm

knives will only cause needless suffering in the dog. I'd use one on a human, but not a dog.

If a dog is barking, then its mind is not on attacking

Wouldn't mace be way better?
If OC spray works on bears then I imagine mace would make quick work of any pupper.

You are going to have to have the dog Nomming on you to be able to properly stab it in a lethal/crippling place.

I'd take a heavy blunt object over it because at least that way you could have a chance to completely avoid injury.

It's fairly obvious you don't understand dogs. You should be scared of the dog that isn't barking or growling at you.

Eh, for a given value of effective. I mean it's better than trying to shove your hand down its gullet and choke it, or your other hand up its ass to rip its colon out, but it's definitely sub-optimal.

The thing is, using a knife against a dog, is that you meet it on its home field. Up close and personal, and using a piercing weapon. A big dog is all about that life, its piercing weapons are its teeth, and up close is where it has to be to use them. You're fighting it on its terms, and it has a couple ten thousand years of instinct to guide it through that engagement. You're ceding it the advantage.

If I were to take on a dog with a knife, I'd want two knives, actually. Bowie knives. The cheap ones, the Winchester or Schrade Old Timers they sell at Walmart, they'll be adequate. That was my EDC when I walked my geriatric, hapless dog each night, in case one of my shitty neighbors didn't keep their pitbull on their property. If one of their child-maulers came after me or my dog, I'd have attacked with both knives, one held underhanded, one overhanded. Come down hard with the knife in the ice-pick grip, use it for leverage to control the beast's movement once it's stuck in, use the other knife in a hammer grip to stab and slice and gouge until the problem is gone forever. Not a moment of this would be fun, by the way. That fight would have sucked a lot, glad it never became necessary. Not an instant of that would be fun.

A club or a short spear would be better than a knife, pepper spray better than either, and a gun better than all mentioned. Back in the day when I was 17, working my shitty job in the shitty neighborhood where my job was, I used to keep a wrist rocket and ball bearings to ward off feral dogs, because I had a steel carapace to shoot from and they fucked off if you hurt them enough times and if they didn't fuck off, I had the option of running them over. But that was a special case. Not something to rely on in a sudden encounter.

>having feelings for muh animals

if a stupid dog is fighting me, its getting put in the ground. A dogs life is no more important that a person, especially a dog thats willing to attack me in the first place

tennis ball works every time

Attached: 1555738882124.jpg (400x306, 26K)

If it's big enough

Attached: 1525722027777.jpg (832x832, 123K)

not with that pos

Machine gun is the best weapon. Let people know you have it and the ATF will show up and kill the dog for you.

just carry with you a string of sausages and throw sausage at angry dog

is that a schiavona

>It's fairly obvious you don't understand dogs. You should be scared of the dog that isn't barking or growling at you.
this usually also applies to humans, nogs excluded.

just carry with you a bucket of kfc and throw fried chicken at angry black man

No idea
Pic related is basically the extent of my knowledge on swords

Attached: 1344949031470.gif (800x976, 36K)

Once there was user who was literally too autistic to get mugged
>walkan home
>innaalley
>redguard approaches to ask what news in Cyrodil
>jk he was a mugger
>I'm taking your wallet, faggot
>user says nah
>keeps walking like nothing happened
>goes home and posts on Jow Forums about it

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllshit

Do you get better results if the chicken is a day old and no longer warm?

Who do you think you are?

Attached: IMG_8076-393x700.jpg (393x700, 40K)

for my knowledge is basically an heavy rapier developed by slavic mercenaries (denominated schiavoni) at service for the republic of Venice the basket hilt was for hand protection (duh) and punching
just throw against dangerous black man and run

Like the backsword made by the Scottish

Attached: 88sb_6.jpg (480x480, 36K)

This post is why I love Jow Forums

This is why I always take my Academy survival spear to the park

While they're both basket hilted swords that one's probably trying to be an English mortuary style one instead. I'll toss in a few schiavona for comparison I guess, there's basically two overall styles of them, with the latter then having a few sub-styles based on the number of rows of v-shaped bars in the hilt, here's a single row.

While there's inspiration and ancestry from across over in Croatia or thereabout, the fully developed schiavona seems to be heavily associated with Venice. How big a part those mercenaries played in its finalisation is unknown to me at least.

Attached: pic_spot_schia52.jpg (450x450, 20K)

Triple row.

Attached: pic_spot_schia53.jpg (450x450, 28K)

Attached: pic_spot_schia55.jpg (450x450, 27K)

The rather uncommon double row.

Attached: sch_kened.jpg (432x480, 161K)

And then there's what's basically the other style of Schiavona.

Attached: 00485.jpg (600x947, 62K)

Attached: sch_7.jpg (600x900, 96K)

Top left isn't a schiavona but a German style of baskethilt, the rest are.

Attached: ebe_schiavone01.jpg (533x800, 58K)

>pocket .357

Humane for the dog or the user?

A mortuary hilt for comparison.

Attached: 1640MORTUARYSCABBARD3.jpg (750x315, 46K)

great i want to buy a schiavona now