>finally I can go to a range without fucking around with RPAL nonsense
>buy an hour of range time
>explain to deskjockey I've never been before and if he has any advice
>just makes a disgruntled face
>rent a S&W 686
>how much ammo should I buy
>blank stare
>okay give me 100 of the 38spl and 50 of the 357

Mistakes were made. I shouldn't have tried to dump that much magnum downrange on my first outing. Pic related.

Attached: 20190420_130927.jpg (3264x2448, 1.7M)

Too much freedom too fast for ya. Don't worry buttercup, it gets easier.

Attached: 23453.jpg (250x200, 6K)

This was as tight as I could keep the 357 at 6 yards. Not sure if I should be happy or ashamed for my first time shooting. My hand was smarting something fierce.

Attached: IMG_0329-1.jpg (383x593, 147K)

Sorry the faggot at the counter didn’t know his shit.
Most range and sales staff are friendly/knowledgable as hell. Only reason they won’t help is because they don’t know their shit.

That being said, hold your weapon high on the back strap to prevent that cut.
Hope you get to go to a better range

noguns here. did the hammer stab you?

pussy, 357 mag is not that hard to control out of a revolver, stop flinching

HELL YES YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! Dead hookers shoot better than that!! At six yards that should be be a single ragged hole!! Do better weirdo!

Attached: CUOVqDe.jpg (300x289, 14K)

Thanks, I definitely want to go again.

Nope. That's from the grip rubbing against my inner thumb from the recoil and possible the cylinder release. If I hold it tighter it'll probably shake less and not do that. However I have really slender bitch hands so even without the blister my entire thumb and tendon feels bruised to hell. I don't even want to imagine firing magnum out of a snub.

Considering 0 firearm training and jumping right to 357, they're all on the paper and all in the 8 or better scoring. Great start imo

Now get a fucking RPAL!

It's a start! LET THE SHAME DRIVE YOU!! Suckle on the tit of freedom again and again until you're not embarrassing..

Attached: 68.5.jpg (210x240, 10K)

>wow wtf why isn't Jow Forums praising my pathetic attempt to flex???

Attached: 1554231376056.webm (1024x768, 1.58M)

Read the rules avatar fag

>6 yards

Attached: 1543346956603.gif (590x333, 124K)

50 rnds of magnum will do that to you. Seems you did well controlling your trigger pull/sight picture. I recommend you switch to a 22LR just because it's cheaper; if you can rent one w/a laser you will improve 10X faster!

Go fuck yourself!! You rules championing...WHATEVER YOU ARE!! Go toe the line somewhere else!!! You make me want to to rip the tag off my mattress!!

Attached: Shot1276.jpg (185x153, 6K)

>flex
>literally doesn't know if he should be proud or ashamed

C'mon now, noguns. He doesn't even know what he's doing, I don't think this is a flex at all.

There are rules?

Yea this guy is right.
Too much too fast grasshopper.

Not too bad for the first time without any training at all in your life.
But really, get some training.
>lol at comments

Join /cangen/ i'm sure someone will teach you the ropes properly.

And I thought my first time was bad
Somehow I still remember that the groupings were like about 3 inches, despite this being 10 years ago

Suck my cock nigger

Attached: 220px-David_Hogg_at_the_Rally_to_Support_Firearm_Safety_Legislation_in_Fort_Lauderdale.jpg (220x293, 21K)

That pattern would work well with .357, imagine the results at 6 feet.

What are you gonna do, report him?

Attached: 1528853043742.jpg (640x640, 46K)

My 29 classic 44 mag will do that to my hand after about 20 rounds. It's got hogue rubber grips and you almost have to wear gloves or the rubber just chews your skin off in no time flat. Not to mention after 30 rounds or so the muscles in your hands start involuntarily twitching. It makes it harder and harder to keep a steady hand and aim well the more you shoot it.

Sorry you're pussy hands couldn't handle American might.

actually yes lol

>you shouldnt have.
>but you did it for the murder cube.

SALUTO NEX ALEA

ACKSHUALLY HEHE

Attached: 1547526983435.jpg (1326x1517, 869K)

where is your god now rulefag?

Attached: whereisyourgodnowrulefag.png (317x72, 22K)

AHAHAHAHAHA YOU FELL FOR MY TRAP

Attached: 1531682324718.jpg (600x450, 19K)

>6 yards
considering you were basically touching the paper with the gun you should be ashamed

he's kill

It's not abnormal to have a blister or losing some skin when shooting a lot of 357mag, even if you hold it correctly. Grips cannot be designed to work for everyone.

For instance, my MR73 rubber grips dampen recoil and give godlike control over the weapon. If I shoot 100 rounds of heavily loaded .357mag through it, it'll have a wound like OP's.
Now, if you put wooden grips on them, the wound never occurs with the same ammo, however your control on the weapon is diminished because the wood offers less grip and the speed at which you can fire goes down significantly.
I hadn't quite expected that to be so extreme, but that's how it is.

>6 yards

I don't get why americunts do this. I've given shooting initiations to hundreds of people here in euroland, and we never put the target closer than 10m. Usually 12.5m for new people. I've yet to find a single person that can't put rounds on paper at that range, and we use 25m bullseye targets that are shorter than the human silhouette you used.

>6 yards

Attached: 1555783394985.gif (607x609, 514K)

They own gun for SD, unlike most other gun owners in the world. I shoot targets at 25m only because I'm supposed to own my guns for sporting purposes and that the range I'm in won't let me shoot closer than that for this very reason. And that prevents me from training correctly for doing quick followed-up shots.

the guy at the store was just a useless dick, ignore it.
in regards to your hand, that's normal. 357 is a man's caliber. as long as you enjoyed the trip that's all that really matters.

Probably better than all the semi auto fags on here.

i'm gonna report this post for announcing a report

avatarfagging is against the rules, especially when you aren't funny.

Bullshit. I dump 100 .44 mags every range trip through my 629s and the recoil is nowhere close to adverse.

>They own gun for SD, unlike most other gun owners in the world.

You realize that it's super easy to remain on that target well past 12m, even for a novice.

I understand double taps may cause jerking of the trigger as well as anticipation issues, but it should still hit that silhouette at 12m or beyond, just as it does at 6 friggin' yards.

>Bullshit. I dump 100 .44 mags every range trip through my 629s and the recoil is nowhere close to adverse.

Not everyone has the same hands or skin... What works for you may not work for the other guy.