March/inna woods activity is over

>march/inna woods activity is over
>sit down panting, dying of thirst
>unholster canteen and begin to drink

I'm gonna laugh at all the 1 quartlets dying of thirst when the habbening happens, after you chug down 1/2 your canteen after that march or physical activity and realize you aren't even close to having enough water.

Attached: canteen_1qt_plastic_02_700.jpg (504x216, 26K)

The chad 2 quart> the virgin single.

Attached: 2-QT-Quart-Canteen-AND-Insulated-Carrier-MOLLE.jpg (400x323, 20K)

That's why you're issued 2

We(FDF) had a joint exercise with some American Marines and those guys drank so much fucking water. Every 5km they unscrewed their canteens and started chugging.

Dehydration is a serious concern

Navy corpsman checking in
Its because we shove things up their ass if they fall out because of dehydration
And we actively let them know beforehand that we will be shoving things up their ass

Desertfag here. I have two 6-gallon jerry cans that I can sling over my shoulders.

get a camelback like a normal person.

Marines originate from the sea and thus require water as all sea critters.

All of these are correct answers

You dumbass pog, you've been getting 2 since at least the Vietnam War.

>be in sopc
>land nav phase
>two iterations every day
>day & night
>each iteration involves rucking about 20-30 miles through hilly forest carrying about 80-90 pounds of gear
>hear some of the guys powerchug at the start before dumping all the rest of the water out of their canteens to lighten their loads
>high speed low drag
>decide to try it for myself only not dumping any water
>carry all six quarts of water but never drink a drop for an entire iteration
>arrive at final navpoint on time feeling perfectly fine
Hydration is a fucking myth for pussies. Learn to oper8 for extended periods of physical activity without water if you want to be effective, because you cannot rely on water buffalos or potable water being available in a real oper8shun in the sticks or shtf scenario.
>cue scene from band of brothers when they pour out their canteens instead of drinking from them after rucking up & down currahee to prove that they didn't drink any during their six mile movement

Attached: 1553971655387.jpg (750x1000, 91K)

ah, the heat stroke ice dildo?

ex jarhead here, can confirm
we require significantly larger amounts of water compared to our land brethren in the army
however, they consume significantly more chow than we do
we can get by with glue and crayons and a shitload of water

>thinks a single fucking movement of up to fiddy klicks during a training course is an extended period of time
guess how i know you're a two ribbon bitch

Pretty sure that one of the early Arab Israeli conflicts provided a study that the Israelis were exponentially more effective in combat mainly due to having a larger amount of water per soldier. Being dehydrated in combat really fucks up your mental and physical capabilities.

that water discipline thing from the WW2 was dropped for a good reason, because it doesn't do jack shit except fuck you up

ever had a marine who dehydrated on purpose so you would shove something up his ass? what about a marine that refused to drink tap water?

Attached: IMG_2313.png (500x333, 214K)

checked

Considering Marines are a bunch of fags, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I can do a 12 mile ruck without dipping into my second water bottle.

It's all about prehydration. If you are already hydrated for the last 48 hours, you will be fine. The important part while on the move is salts and carbs. If you don't have those in SHTF, just hydrate like an addict while not on the move. Iodine would be a good investment.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x188, 148K)

based prehydration user. not many people know this.

explain why I would want to consume salt when on the move, wont it make me thirsty.

>after you chug down 1/2 your canteen after that march or physical activity

OP is a fag who never did any prolonged physical activity.
You don't chug on your water after youre done, you'll be dehydrated long before that, and all that water will just flow through you. You take frequent, tiny sips to stay hydrated and make efficient use of water.

The state of 2019 Jow Forums

Attached: 1554157567729.jpg (582x900, 46K)

soldier here, can confirm
once ate four MRE's in under an hour because I was hungry

electrolytes

You need to maintain salt balance, the water you are losing in sweat and piss contains salts, so drinking just water is not ideal. You can get hydration salt tablets for cheap (or dispersible ones for slightly more) that you have have with your water. These salts or "electrolytes" are basically the only real difference between a "sports" drink and an ordinary sugary soft drink.

I got a 3 liter geiggerig I can share with my bros without getting their germs and spray into my AK action in case some autistic hipster shovels clay into the action.

>19 entire years into the 21st century
>Not owning a 3L Camelbak

What the fuck is wrong with all of you people?

this desu

except the lack of insulated options rustles my jimmies, I may end up trying to afro-engineer my own with scraps of closed-cell foam or something

You get most of your salt through the food that you eat, because American food manufacturers like to load it with sodium so it stays fresh longer or some other reason.

Well I usually don't bring cheeseburgers on a ruck, man. Tablets or packets, maybe sunflower seeds.

>He doesn't drive a water truck
Lmao ur ded kiddo