I want to learn the Jow Forums way

i want to own and (obviously) use guns
problem is i have never shot one, and i have nobody i know who can teach me
what should i do?
i want to be responsible and learn to use a gun before buying one, but how do i learn without buying a gun to shoot?

Attached: onehundredpercentlethal.jpg (1200x900, 64K)

what city are you in? join the local k discord and make some new friends

rent guns at a range to figure out what you like.
Read books, study rules and operation.
I was in the same boat OP. no one in my family owned guns before me, so no one taught me and all of my friends were no-guns. I learned by taking upon myself to go to a range that rented guns so i could get the feel of handling and firing. I read books and studied manuals of operation. Its easy to teach yourself the basics, but never feel scared to ask questions from the people at your LGS or the range, as long as its not populated by complete retards.

another thing you can do is take a class at your local indoor gun range. many of them, especailly the chain stores, have classes for people just like you. yes, youll have to fork over $90 or whatever but youll get all the basics. people might scoff at having to pay that much for a beginner class but more education is always a good thing.

im in west virginia, which is far less helpful than it sounds
literally everyone here who is interested in guns is expected to learn from their family, so there isn't anywhere that will teach you and nobody here wants to go out shooting with a grown man who has never held a gun in his life
we dont really have gun ranges in rural wv
everywhere is the gun range

there is no one in your family or circle of friends who could teach you? you both said that theres no one who could teach you, but you also said everyone around you is into guns and/or most likely has them.

which is it?

Attached: 43242444.jpg (768x576, 35K)

>join a discord
no
Watch YouTube videos and google stuff read books just try to learn as much as you can. Then buy a .22 rifle and go to your local range and start practicing. If you need help don’t be afraid to ask someone everyone started from somewhere. My family was never into guns so I had to teach myself and this is basically what I did and the guys at my lgs/range really helped me out. You also really want to get to know how your guns actually operate and all the parts of the gun and obviously how to take it apart and clean it. Basically shooting is really only half of what you need to know. A guy I knew when I first started told me “you want to be a gun owner not just a gun shooter” which is true albeit a bit boomerish.

Find your local range and sign up for an "intro to firearms" course. They will handhold you on the safety rules and how to operate a basic firearm.

i come from a liberal no-guns family in rural west virginia
followed the same no-guns bullshit up until i moved out of state briefly and ended up getting help up at gunpoint with no real options aside from considering tactically pissing myself in hopes of creating a hazard he might slip in

when i was younger i had several chances to learn with my friends, but i still had my parents' stupid suicidal ideology
as an adult though everybody either expects you to know how to use a gun or will ridicule you for not knowing
nobody has an interest in teaching a grown man how to shoot when they could be teching their kids instead
at this point i dont blame them, but it doesn't help me much

>nobody has an interest in teaching a grown man how to shoot
That’s not true at all user, people understand that not everyone was brought up with guns. At my local range I’ve seen several couples over 50 getting lessons on how to shoot for the first time. It might sound cliche but really everyone starts from somewhere no one is going to judge you in fact most people in the gun community are thrilled to have anyone come over to our side.

i mean i have checked around my area pretty extensively
a few people say they might show me sometime, but kind of change the subject when i bring it up
maybe i give off a mass shooter vibe, fuck

so you have no close friends who will teach you? or at perhaps the ones you do know are starting families and more concerned with the kids.

Anyway 2 options then. First assuming you have friends, come with them nextime they go shooting. before hand, STUDY. watch videos and read books. Ask friends to shoot their guns and be like "user let me try" best bet you have in that situation I guess
Option 2
take it upon yourself to learn. Stop lamenting that no one taught you and teach yourself. like a few other anons have suggested study whatch videos and reads books. narrow down what kind of gun you'd want for the purposes you'd buy it. Go to a gun store and get a hand on one. You might not get to shoot it but at least handling the gun before buying helps out a shit ton.
At this point you have only yourself holding you up from getting into guns.
time to step up

Attached: 132151365132.jpg (1024x576, 164K)

are you too poor to buy a gun?
just research something you would like in your price range and buy

coworkers are my closest contacts at this point tbqh
i had friends growing up, but dumb political shit that i believed in back then and sperged over drove them all away which is why i decided to move to a city and promptly realize how retarded i was
money isnt too big an issue, although budget is tight enough to hesitate about going and building up a nice custom assault-rifle-15 for $3k+
at least not yet, but i definitely have money for "entry level" stuff
just doesnt feel right buying something that can be dangerous in untrained hands when i myself have untrained hands

If you are OK with spending money just go to a range and sign up for an intro to guns class. After that you'll know how to use most handguns (with help from YouTube on specific models)

Find gun range/stores that holds gun lessons. In addition, there are plenty of older men who are ready to blabber your ear off if you ask for their help, which may or may not be useful in educating you.

Nah, teaching someone else to shoot guns is a great excuse to shoot guns. I and a lot of other people would happily do so.

>just doesnt feel right buying something that can be dangerous in untrained hands when i myself have untrained hands
I think half the thread has told you to train yourself by this point and you keep repeating that you want someone to teach you

at this point you are just fishing for look how sad i am points. You came here for advise on how to get started and were told how. If your are adamant about being taught by a person then go with what was suggested on here. If you can train yourself then go with what was suggested on here

you have your options, take them and delete your thread.

im just trying to figure out what all my options are before i go blowing a hole in the palm of my hand
chill out man

Drive up to the Pennsylvania nuggetfest. plenty of people will teach you there

the hwut

bunch of people from Jow Forums meetup and shoot in the woods. Kinda gay, kinda fun, plenty weird. But if youre willing to make the trip I guarantee youll have everything you need by the end. Check for the threads to pop up every now and then

i will keep an eye on it
i have been lurking for a bit, but i havent heard of this
looked it up and even though it sounds sketchy as fuck at first i cant help but find myself interested

I literally taught myself and made gun friends later. Buy yourself a poorfag AR or a handgun and play with it. Learn the parts and how it works, and get good at shooting it. If you like it, expand from there. Not hard.

I still don't understand the big deal with buying a gun with "no training". Are you that afraid you'll blow your own brains out without having training on a simple mechanical device?

im sure part of it is still lingering doubt from growing up nogunz
i will probably just buy a cheap gun and no ammo and just play with it a bit so i can have it fully sink in that it isnt as dangerous as i subconsciously think

>im in west virginia, which is far less helpful than it sounds

You won’t like this answer but it costs money. Go take a class with either
>Mike Green, Green Ops
>Scott Jedlinski, Modern Samurai Project

or ideally
>John Murphy, FPF training

They are all good instructors in NoVA and will teach you more than Jow Forums will.

Snap caps are your friend, especially with rimfire. Just make sure to always follow the basics of firearm safety and you will be fine (don't flag people, check funs for being cleared ect.)

>OP is clearly too retarded and inept to do a simple google/jewtube search to find the answers he seeks and much more
maybe gun ownership isnt for you?

Memorize the four rules of gun safety and go to a nearby gun store and ask simple questions on how to use whatever gun you want

I play airsoft and I'd recommend not relying on it to learn how to operate your gun. Even with Gas Blowback guns, you may drill some bad behaviors in too much if you rely on it as gospel. That being said Airsoft is a good way to figure out how to reload quickly when you're actually engaged with someone close. Its also not bad in showing mallninjas that their garbage gear is worthless after more than 2 hours of running.