/k approved books?

Realized I've been spending too much time in front of a screen lately, was hoping to find some good books, fiction or non fiction doesn't matter to me, hoping to maybe learn a thing or two so maybe some good manuals if you know of any? Thanks in advance.

Attached: Books_HD_8314929977-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orderofbooks.com/authors/tom-clancy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fiction
Starship Troopers
Dale Brown's earlier novels(avoid Dreamland)
Rainbow Six(or most other older Tom Clancy books)

>non-fiction
Anything by R. P. Hunnicutt

Anarchist's Cookbook. I just started it and I've learned some great cake recipes

Ragnar motherfucking Benson for "manuals". I'm reading The mammoth book of Maneaters while I shit. It's not bad, I dont think I'll ever go innawoods unarmed literally ever again

Anabasis by Xenophon

Lights Out
One Second After
Patriots
Survivor Series: Going Home, Surviving Home, Escaping Home, Forsaking Home, Resurrecting Home (apparently he has also released Enforcing Home, Avenging Home, Home Invasion, Afflicting Home and Home Coming which I haven't read yet)

anything by tom clancy

Attached: 1525374078178.png (380x349, 52K)

Chickenhawk

Pretty good account of life as a Huey pilot in the early part of the war.

RIP to your fingers

What about /k approved audiobooks?
My job is brainless shit but I can listen to anything I want really.

Manual style:
Palahniuk novels
Che Guevara "Guerilla Warfare"
US Army Ranger Handbook
Sun Tzu
Machiavelli
>Cntrl+F
This
Also Illiad
Beowulf
Hemingway

Cruise the Barnes and Noble discount shelves for gun books. They’re great to leaf through and learn from. I’ve collected them since I was a teenager

Attached: A3AF20A8-644D-4412-BFED-213AA1F4A6A1.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

Blind Man’s Bluff is a great submarine book about Cold War spying

read it. not much to dig in in the small arms chapter thou

>Starship Troopers
>Rainbow Six
Seconded. Also add in Orphanage by Robert Buettner

Tom Clancy as read by Scott Brick, the greatest audiobook reader of all time.

>Thomas Sowell
>The Federalist Papers
>Neat books about tanks
Your town sucks if all of those are on the bargain shelf. Also FLIP YOUR FUCKING BOOKS RIGHT SIDE UP YOU HEATHEN

>reading
who has time for that shit?

>maybe learn a thing or two

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to learn?

As an entry point, SAS survival guide is generally a good all round book for learning / dipping into survival skills. Comes in tiny sizes for a pocket or a bag, and also there's a nice anniversary / special edition hard cover that's much better for at home, nice glossy pages and full colour.

You can also find US army ranger manuals online for free in PDF form, you can also spend a bit more and get them from amazon if you want a hard copy - they cover everything from first aid to combat doctrine.

for fiction Tom Clancy is the obvious starting point. You can go for the highlights of Hunt for red October and Rainbow Six, the latter might be a tad confusing at parts but he does a good enough job of covering the history. If you want to do the full thing- which I recommend - then start with patriot games, then white rabbit, then go with publishing order.

After Tom Clancy my favorite Jow Forums related author is Conn Iggulden, he writes historical fiction, he has a series on Ceasar and one on Genghis Khan that are equally worth checking out.

Larry bond is also a great author, Red Pheonix Burning is a good entry point - it's about a modern Korean war.

One of my personal favourite books is 'chieftains' - gritty tank warfare in a cold war gone hot scenario. short read, but a good action packed book. You probably wont find a physical copy so you'll need to get a e-book.

Speaking of e books, everyone should have a kindle paper white. I bought one 6 years ago and it's still going strong.

Second. If you're a fucking nerd like me, he does some WoW books, too.

>orderofbooks.com/authors/tom-clancy/

I'm on Red Rabbit, now. Already did Red October. Great series, but I recommend chronological order, not publishing.

War Memoir Contribution,
Now It can Be Told
One Soldiers War
Forgotten Soldier
Rumor of War
Storm of Steel
Poilu

There are lots of others these are just the ones i've read.

The Holy Bible

Attached: King-James-Version.jpg (200x297, 16K)

Based and Easterpilled

dick couch's SOF books--the canonical reporting about SEALs, MARSOC, Rangers, and Special Forces, clarifies the differences between all of them and details of the various pipelines. upon reading you will automatically know more than about 70% of anons asking questions in /meg/.

The good soldier schweik for fiction. Great to drink a beer with it

Mein Kampf, Stalag translation

Happy Easter

Attached: Russland Oster.jpg (800x532, 50K)

Attached: narrative of joseph plumb martin.jpg (312x499, 29K)

Attached: homage to catalonia.jpg (474x733, 62K)

Attached: dancing in the glory of monsters.jpg (329x499, 69K)