What’s a well sealed gun safe that I can use a gold rod with...

What’s a well sealed gun safe that I can use a gold rod with? I live in an incredibly humid coastal area (with my room being next to a bathroom and having an exterior wall) and the cabinet I have currently just isn’t cutting it. I only have 4 long guns and 3 handguns so I don’t need anything too big.

Budget ~$500

Attached: 02A993C7-4BB5-4712-A973-773E869DABB9.jpg (1466x1586, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunsafereviewsguy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've gotten both of my safes at a Dunham's sports when they're on sale. Try and get one that uses a dial or at least has a backup key incase the number pad dies. At the 500 range you're not going to get a bank vault, but it's better then nothing for sure

Attached: 54222392_340388383267770_8543904757473869824_n.jpg (960x540, 79K)

gun safes aren't going to be sealed

You don't need or want fully sealed, even with a goldenrod. The air transfer will be minimal even with a simple gun cabinet. Whatever safe you want will be fine.

Just oil your guns well and dont be a lazy bum.
It will be fine. If you have something antique or of high value that you dont shoot too often you can use mechanical fat and/or vacuum pouches.

Get one of those big Uline desiccant units, or if you're really cheap, a sock full of uncooked rice.

The safe isn’t a big factor in weather your guns rust. Oil them well, use a golden rod, and personally I use a few larger reusable silicone packets through out my safe.
Every few months I bake them to dry them out and throw them back in.
Since I keep my safe in my basement I also have a dehumidifier running.
I have an older house so even though I’ve sealed everything I still get moisture, especially when it rains.

I only have the cheapest Stackon cabinet now and it won’t accept a gold rod

Read
I’ve had rust issues but I do plan to add a dehumidifier to the room and get a thermometer

I just use one of these. Gotta dry it every few months for me, shit works and had no issues with rust.

Attached: eva-dry-paint-thinner-solvents-cleaners-e-333-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 54K)

>gold rod
Dehumidifier? I use uncooked rice. I took a metal coffee can, poked holes in the plastic lid, stapled a coffee filter over said poked holes (on the inside of the lid), and filled that bitch with uncooked rice.

Well how's it work, shit. I've heard worse ideas

Attached: 1549379023295.jpg (1024x555, 111K)

>mechanical fat
what's that?

I have one and have found it doesn’t help much. I’ll try throwing in a couple more.

>Well how's it work
Great. It's been 3 years, not a single pit of rust on anything. It gets especially humid here in the summer and I live near the shore so there's a lot of salt in the air too - still, no rust.

Also what oil should I use to prevent rust, and what oil to remove powder/gunk (My GP100 is such a bitch to clean I never shoot it)

Right now I use break free clp for both

>break free clp
top-tier imo

>a backup when the keypad dies
you realise 99.9% of those keypads can taken off to reveal a keyhole underneath

Attached: 1555034138449.jpg (251x189, 7K)

For both?

So then I’m assuming my shitty Stackon cabinet is fine if I throw in another dehumidifier???

gun safes only seal in a fire.

You're going to need to buy a dehumidifier for your basement.

You might catch some shit from internet operators but it's pretty good. They even make preservative wipes that I've used to keep weapons rust free for a year+ with no maintenance.

Stackons aren't even close to being airtight, so if your home isn't dehumidified, it won't matter how many you throw in the cabinet.

So what safe would you recommend

Just dehumidify the room the safe is in.

isn't rice popular for common weapons caching?

i don't know why i put common in there, but you get what i mean

Yep.

Same club has a small section by me sometimes even then it’s like 600+ delivery if you get it delivered that is

So what's a good safe? Starting to get a collection here...

Yeah OP here still waiting

gunsafereviewsguy.com/

start reading

not OP, but thanks for the link.

Just get a rechargeable dessicant and place it somewhere convection from the golden rod will carry the moisture. Can use either one you put in the oven or ones you plug into the wall, I use the wall ones because the oven ones are piss easy to overheat and destroy, though you have to leave them out about 24 hours when they're fully saturated.
Also, put them in another room while evaporating.