AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment
Anons having mental breakdowns over CHF

Moldylocks and the 3 optics edition

Old

Attached: 1552850542853.jpg (1035x479, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmtdefense.com/parts/lmp109ae
faxonfirearms.com/blog/frequenty-asked-questions-nitride-vs-chrome-lined/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/18/chf/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PSA CHF > BA (just as good) > LMT (just as good)

Attached: money shot.jpg (406x538, 50K)

First time buying an ar-15. Thinking about getting an aero-precison 16 inch 223 wylde ar, and I'm going to put in a cmc trigger and attach an eotech on it. Is there anything I should change?

Attached: cmc.jpg (2000x1333, 112K)

>some stupid shitty ash meme edtion
>gay troll post
I shouldn't expect better.

Got the new 14.5" going. It feels pretty good. Without the can on the end it has that "wiffle ball bat" feeling. I'm not sure how I feel about the aesthetics. The SL-K is functional in that the shorter toe helps to avoid snagging or discomfort when rolling the gun to use the offset T2, and the Magpul Mlok stubby was cheap and is light, however the look seems to clash with the A2 grip. I'm considering throwing a K2 or a BCM gunfighter grip on there and just leaving the mil aesthetic behind. Any grip suggestions?

Alternatively I could forgo the SL-K functionality, as well as the light weight (1.5oz total) Mlok VFG, and put a SOPMOD Enhanced stock on, and a KAC broom handle. Swap the trigger guard out for a flat one and then it would have more of a mil look like the 300blk. Functionally though I think the SOPMOD enhanced might snag when rolling the gun to use the offset red dot, and the KAC broom handle and mlok to pic rail adapter comes out like 3oz heavier than the Magpul stubby vfg.

Not quite sure which direction to go.

Really wishing though that someone made a Ti shorty length optimized dead air key Mo brake. Would be nice to shave 3oz off the very front of the gun.
Meh. A lot honestly. What is your budget?

Attached: DSC03744.jpg (3240x2250, 3.79M)

1500 or less? What do you recommend?

Change the barrel out for a PSA CHF.

Is it a better barrel? I know noting about ARs. Changing barrels seem to do quite easy.

Get a LaRue MBT or a Geissele for the trigger. Go for an aimpoint for the optic. The aimpoint pro is great or a used t1/t2.

Attached: housefire.jpg (980x603, 166K)

Friendly reminder..... CHF and CL are features that help a barrel hold up under extreme heat and FA fire. They serve no purpose on the civ market except to dupe tryhard LARPers out of more money. CL reduces accuracy and is worse at corrosion protection than nitride.

lmtdefense.com/parts/lmp109ae

KYS nobody cares about your blog post or ash clone.

It is easy, just need the right tools. Vice, upper receiver vice blocks (or preferably reaction rod type tool), torque wrench. For a mil-spec barrel nut will need an AR armorers wrench. Most FF handguards using proprietary nut will include a wrench.

Holy shit. what happened? I do guess aimpoints are a lot more durable, might go with the aimpoint then.

i would take everything you read here with a grain of salt. buying a complete gun and then changing out major components like the barrel right off the bat is dumb imo. just shoot the thing.
the guy above is making a joke (i think), theres been some discussion recently about PSA/FN barrels, which resulted in a lot of butthurt.
in anycase, just to reiterate, dont change the barrel. just shoot it.

>ash clone.
no its a wuggy jr clone.
Just remove the stupid fucking A2 grips and get a better grip. I get that you like suck A2Grips dick but having an A2 grip on every rifle is fucking dumb when there are grips that are a million times better.
house fire. Also aimpoints are basically all around better than an eokek.

Attached: WuggyJR.jpg (1026x1823, 857K)

house fire irrc

>Coping this hard
>JUST AS GOOODDDDD

>$1500
Fuck yeah nice big budget. That include optic or no? First AR?

>$30 for a tiny piece of billet aluminium that functionally doesn't do much and aesthetically is hardly noticeable
No thanks. Should I just swap grip to something more modern or should I swap the stock, VFG, and trigger guard to something more mil looking?

Post AR most people are here to talk about guns and not obsess over random internet people.

Attached: DSC03743.jpg (3672x2227, 3.43M)

>ALL MADE IN THE SAME PLACE
>"I've shot 173 rounds through it, never had an issue"

lol. Yeah, I guess I don't really need the gun to shoot 1 moa anyways. Probably going to only shoot it at 100 yards or less. Also the reason I'm getting a 16 inch instead of a 20 inch. I just want a cool, reliable AR with a very slim handguard.

>Ash's multiple personality disorder thread
I'm out

Attached: DSC03738.jpg (3947x2075, 3.81M)

I forgot about wuggy jr lol

bye

Attached: laughing-pepe.jpg (399x385, 29K)

First AR. Probably with an optic. Don't want to spend too much. I also do want my gun to be lightweight, but don't want a pencil barrel, I want it to withstand continuous fire.

I think the bully hit him to hard. Plus Im going to sell my upper so I dont have to put with him and wuggy. Going to do a URX 3.1 upper.

>I'm not a LARPer
>the civ market

>samefagging this hard
>CHF and CL really helps me shooting 5rds per minute at pieces of paper

>I guess I don't really need the gun to shoot 1 moa anyways.
In that case, you need to change out the barrel with the PSA CHF one.

I'll never understand why you choose to waste so much money on the dumbest shit. Offset red dots were cool in 2013, but are absolutely pointless when the Cog has a great close range FOV and you could just get a piggybacked RMR.

>[S E E T H I N G intensifies]
>BA barrels are just as good as PSA CHF, I promise!! The nitride barrel salesman told me it was so!

LOL! What happened last thread? Seems like lots of butthurt.

Jeez you are really on a roll with those sad greentext comebacks. How will I recover?

>Cog has a great close range FOV
You can just say fov. Its not like it suddenly narrows if you look out to 200 yards

>muh CHF, muh CL
>You know those features don't really help the average sport/hobbyist shooter
>LOLFAGGOT JUSTASGOOD
>GOESBANGEVERYTIME
>ALLMADETHESAME

Funny how the only people actually parroting this shit are butthurt defensive LARPers who have delusions of being an operator. Tell us more about how you almost joined...

Should I get a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x or a Primary Arms 1-6x for my go-to-war gun?

Attached: 31PXtBeXy5L._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 10K)

faxonfirearms.com/blog/frequenty-asked-questions-nitride-vs-chrome-lined/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/10/18/chf/
There's definitely advantages to CHF and especially chrome-lining. Please post your Anderson build so we can laugh at you

ELCAN>Trijicon

Hello,

Attached: 20190406_132333.jpg (2016x1512, 386K)

>he knows that he will have to buy a new barrel and install it on his rifle to hang with the CLkids now
>he knows he lacks the expertise to change a barrel on an AR
>he knows he lacks the money to afford a PSA CHF barrel
>and he's still THIS mad about it all

Attached: tenor.png (344x426, 245K)

too bad arms mounts are shit. Thats one thing they need to change on Elcans.

BA is legitimately better than though

Attached: 2-tashirojima-cat-island-snooze.jpg (420x560, 64K)

Agree with this.

Chinese optics are really good these days.

uwu unf unf nnn oh man

Attached: 20190412_152417.jpg (2016x1512, 317K)

>expertise
>to change an AR barrel
>lacks money
>to afford PSA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH if those are your measures of expertise and financial status... wow, just wow.

Projection: the post

>my go-to-war gun

literally kill yourself

should i throw these into a PSA stripped upper and lower for memes also what should i do with this buffer and spring now that I have the JP SCS oh man owo mmm mmm oh man ahhh oh god oh fuck

Attached: where my receiver at.jpg (3024x4032, 2.82M)

That's gonna be one ugly ass gun

Nope. I own many PSA rifles, most CHF.

Sweep your floor, jesus christ

*rubs my nipples and moans*

Thats a great deal of hot mess and a couple okay parts. Why dont you decide what you actually want before buying more garbage.

>Yeah man I build my own ARs
>Buys complete uppers and complete lowers from PSA
>B-bet you guys can't even change a barrel!

>what do i do with this buffer and spring
store it properly inside your anus?

Think I'll get a sproing when I fart?

I think carbon fiber is a cool material. I too was looking for a way to do a CF inspired build. When looking at all the CF parts available (basically what that other guy has) determined there was no way to do it tastefully with what is available right now.

happy easter anons

Attached: ash clone.jpg (2016x928, 431K)

Taste is gay. Build a gacchi gun

Attached: 5060753905_7c9decf578_z.jpg (640x480, 79K)

Attached: EOKek.jpg (1003x973, 86K)

>yeah man, I build my own ARs even though PSA makes a less expensive, better rifle
>spends $1200 on his rifle, uses a budget friendly nitride barrel
>meanwhile, PSAnon assembles a $500 rifle with chrome lined, cold hammer forged barrel made by Belgian craftsmen

That textured paint job looks SICK.

Attached: this was an actual thread on k.jpg (3264x2448, 1.83M)

well, no one likes wuggy and nobody likes a wuggy clone, good riddance

>URX 3.1

good choice

you should throw that in the garbage

nice ash clone block I, I have an ash clone mold era block III

Attached: Raifuz.jpg (3975x3015, 3.3M)

>muh Belgian craftsmen

Wow you PSAfags really ARE that delusional. Thought all those "poverty is a mental illness" posts were troll, but I'm starting to see the light.

Too late user told me to sodomize myself with it and I thought it was a good idea. Sproing

>Belgian craftsmen
more like illegal immigrants and nogs.

Dude I literally own a BA nitride barrel and I'm jealous as fuck of owners of PSA cold hammer forged with EXTRA THICK CHROME LINING.

but at least I'm not stuck with lmt garbage

C O P E

Only colt canada had dat extra extra ticcc chrome doe senpai
Also barrel squeezed progressively.

solid clones senpai

thanks but its not quite there yet, still need a purple anodized lower and need the mold spores and live cultures to grow on my acog for a solid clone.

hey man, we all have areas we can grow in

FN sold(sells) the double thick (m249) chrome lined barrels. Even less accurate than regular chf

LMT BCG gas key unironically came loose yesterday
Had to restake

Attached: 36C73981-9C35-4933-9342-9F3A20A870A7.gif (500x298, 3.17M)

>wuggy crying the new thread isn't dedicated to hate him
we can change that faggot.

any word on what spores ash had growing on his acog? I went with psilocybin spores, I hope thats ok

curious why you didnt go with a MCMR 13". I think the barrel sticking out looks weird

he wanted a wuggy jr clone

It does look weird, but Wuggles has an insatiable need to be snowflakey on arg general. He blew his load when he saw some other user whomst accidentally a 9" rail on a 14.5" upper and immediately decided to copy him.

Unironically LMT

Yes

Attached: 12BE681D-1BC0-457A-B736-438FC72F1762.jpg (750x863, 233K)

Sure are a lot of angry people on /arg/ recently

Attached: 20171101_103056_HDR-1.jpg (1778x1812, 977K)

>Sure are a lot of angry people on /arg/ recently
filtered.

Attached: mk18.png (1080x1037, 2.12M)

You are here every second of every day
Get a grip, no one is buying that you "come to shitpost for therapeutic reasons"

I don't know anything about cigars. Is it gucci?

Pencil barrel can withstand continuous fire.

*shifts 2 moa*

LFD digger? Its pretty good

You sure do think about me a lot!

>r-rent free!
Get help

So those cats eat each other, right?

Opens up a lot faster than idiot gov profile or 200-IQ medium/socom profile

You're asking the guy with a Bitchmade

I have a bitchmade too, was gonna throw it in a trash

Probably not
But then again its a japanede island I believe, so who the fuck knows.

Attached: 20171006_171301_HDR.jpg (4160x2080, 3.26M)

Be sure to post about it on social media so you can really make sure your virtue signaling is out there

I just did post about it on social media

Why would you measure you're gun on a hobbyist scale though? I'd rather have it ready for combat just Incase.

>just in case