What games do black powder combat well...

What games do black powder combat well? I have got about 300 hours in Shogun 2: Fall of the samurai (i only acutally first played it less than a year ago) and it's the first game I have played that really makes the slow-ass reloading feel meaningful. I get anxious when my dudes are taking ages to reload and theres a bunch of faggots with swords a few meters away from them. I know theres other total war games with black powder combat but I don't think they look very promising (basically everywhere I have looked has said that shogun 2 is better than them all). Please recomend me some games anons, any genre as long as its combat has black powder guns.

Attached: ss_276c9faaf9409371ddfe072fa09d94b74f57786a.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wcP_cRWiC54
discord.gg/uXM6UnP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does Call of Juarez counts as black powder combat?

I don't think so but its pretty good.

Pike and shot campaigns

barely, but damn was bound in blood a good game

Attached: yeehawtime.webm (960x540, 557K)

Empire and Napoleon Total War.

Ultimate General Civil War is fantastic. I've spent 2000 hours on it.

Holdfast is pretty good if you join a regiment so you can do line battles.

1st person use of cannons is fun, but also op. i would have wished for that feature in empire/napoleon

what i hate about all the campaigns in shogun 2 is that they get extremely repetitive as there's only 1 culture

Napoleon with NTW3 mod

Second for holdfast. Also m&b:Napoleonic Warfare if you want a slightly more polished experience with extremely dated graphics

Attached: 25664329-9251-45FA-AC6F-CE3302F5CE21.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

Public servers are generally a hilarious shitpost-fest. Join a regiment for realism

War of Rights.
youtube.com/watch?v=wcP_cRWiC54

None.

Attached: 1546970060492.jpg (1366x768, 292K)

Pro tip: Cossacks 2.
Give it a try.

Napoleon total war was absolutely awesome. There was a healthy mod community too. I never messed with the mods but i have like a million hours on the regular game

this. If you enjoyed shogun 2 get Empire and add Darthmod to it. It has better naval combat and a better world map.

Wait. When did they add the guys throwing their rifles like spears or was that just a luckily timed screenshot lol

I played 113 minutes of public server bullshit and then said fuck it and joined an irl one, it's way more fun and immersive and people still shitpost every now and then. Not to mention you play with actual irl guns instead of mashing buttons.

i think it's always been in
you just rarely see it since you hardly play the game zoomed in like that

Slightly related to this thread: Wich is the best American Civil War videogame in your opinion? Been on a craving for games set in that era, rts specially, and i've played Ultimate General Civil War and I couldn't get into it. It's nice but kind of "off", I wish it had more attention to the details like a soundtrack with songs from the conflict rather than that generic soundtrack

These are the correct answers,

Attached: IMG_20181005_110441.jpg (3024x2840, 3.61M)

war of rights is ok but imo they need to make the movement less restrictive. Also, they need to make everything less blurry and more visually appealing because right now everything is super blurry and hazy and you can't tell if you have hit anyone. They also have the super hard core base that doesn't want a kill count in the game so even after a match you can't see if you have done well or if you need to start adjusting your aim.

I've enjoyed mount and blade and empire total war, personally. Mount and Blade in particular had a load of mods, and the black powder ones are so much fun imo.

I feel you.
Plus, the north being the harder campaign didn't sit well with me. Their advantages were more manpower, industry, and supplies, and their big downside was woefully backwards officers (which were replaced by you when you played the battles), plus they won the war canonically, so why are they always super kneecapped?

>Wait. When did they add the guys throwing their rifles like spears or was that just a luckily timed screenshot lol
Total Shogun 2 is the last of the old Total War Engine, it had TONS of neat shit, the new engines and games are fucking shit by comparison in literally every respect as a result.

Accordion to Wikipedia, they've used Total War Egnine 3 for every game since Empire. It's probably just the fact that the Total War series benefits more than any other from advancements in hardware and software, but the last time they made a new engine was a decade ago. Also, they're getting lazy.

Attached: we_have_no_need_of_prisoners.jpg (1920x1080, 1.56M)

God was I disappointed when I learnt the new historical total war would be fantasy China. We need a Victorian era game ASAP with proper naval combat and a global map.

Attached: 1493160588465.jpg (1199x625, 179K)

this.
>but what about an american civil war tw?

>but what about an american civil war tw?
Too limited in scope for a Total War game. You'd only really have two factions that start at war with each-other an start out with all their territory. No room to expand or build up cities.

>naval combat in TW
For the love of god please make the cannons/turrets swivel ffs its 2019 you could've animated a swivelling cannon back when you did fots but didnt!
>please don't follow bethesdas low effort ways with your old ass shit

Mount & Blade

It really is a shame what happened to the Total War series, all of the bugs that were introduced with the new engine still haven't been fixed and instead of fixing them they've just been dropping the features entirely.

TW Warhammer 2 as Skaven if you want a reenactment of The British culling of India.

>Have China TW
>Perfect opportunity to show off new engine that allows for eighty billion guys on screen fighting
>Instead, lower unit cap to 18 + 3 general guys per army
Thanks, you too.

Man, I would always just pound the shit out of the enemy with armstrong/parrot guns and then they would retreat after like the first volley once they got in range of my infantry wall.

whoever fucking wanted China total war?
honestly would've thought fucking ayy invasion total war would've been a better idea what a shit show

you could it, but with central and western Europe playing as well.

or maybe have it broken up into states, like you could played Federal union, New York, kentucky, Virginia, Texas or CSA goverment, canada and mexico and indian tribes to

Why the fuck is this board filled with vidya crap? Its fantasy pixels on a fucking screen not weapons not blackpowder just bullshit for children

>getting
CA has always been lazy and second-rate. Their games are big on spectacle, but that's about it.

The Chinese market, apparently.

My hopes are for a shot & pike game set during the Renaissance.

THIS
Hopefully they remove all this magical generals bullshit

well this is Jow Forums
everything is pretend anyway

Chinese war is cool. You have things like dudes who's job is just to hold up giant shields, absurdly complex formations, "trust me, I'm an engineer"-tier weapons, entire cities getting eaten, generals wiping out people by the hundred like fucking Warhammer 40k, more personal drama than you can shake a peasant at, and bonkers amounts of troops for the time period. That's what happens when the only historical account is equal parts history, comic book, legend, and propaganda.
That said, outside of Chinese cinema, it looks like that part of Chinese history goes without justice done for another year.

I'm with you there. not necessarily early black powder era but polearm line warfare in the Renaissance is underrated aesthetic not taken advantage of in media

mmmmmm-mmm, brought me back to 2013. Makes me feel nostalgic, writing reaction to this very screenshot on TWC.
No. When Fall of the Samurai was first released it was good, but still have signs of rushing. One of it is the fact that all Line Infantry in the game does melee combat using swords instead of Bayonets. Luckily, someone noticed that in the "First Railway" cutscene if you finished a railway between two provinces, the troops inside the railcar wielded bayoneted rifles. One french pirate who datamined the model packs found those bayoneted rifle models, then told this one gook modder (older /twg anons should know this gook). gook then modded it back to the game, but what animation should it uses? The spear fighting animations luckily matches the bayoneted rifles, so it was used. Modified of course. However, one of the matched counter-charge animation of spear fighting animation is throwing the spear at the charging enemy, which gook didn't noticed. Every other modder just used gook's animation tables and fragments, didn't bothered to write one for themselves. Thus, the rest was history. Nobody ever fixed this until 1 year ago I think.

t. a Total War modder since Shogun 2 days.

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_121954678_preview.jpg (1024x768, 260K)

holdfast is a fuckin blast if you find the right crew, if you find the wrong crew you'll just be stuck with a bunch of hardass larpers who wanna anal fuck you.

if you fellas want a laid back time but still wanna tear shit up and have fun, the LG.SP is pretty much one of the best.

discord.gg/uXM6UnP

Attached: 20190112204233_1.jpg (2560x1440, 736K)

It seems like chinese warfare boils down to superior officers telling people to try whatever they wanted whenever they want because some fuckin stupid idea might be funny and it's not as if losing 500 dudes is a big deal.

>2 copypaste factions
Oof

>At one point, there was a Chinese emperor known for draconian laws with absurd punishments. During his reign, one of his generals noticed that, due to inclement weather, his army would be significantly late to the place he was told to go. He summoned his advisor. "What is the punishment for being late?" he asked. "Death", replied his advisor. "What is the punishment for defection?" he asked. "Death", replied his advisor. "Well then", he said.
>A Chinese explorer was tasked with finding support in the tribes of the Gobi Desert for an upcoming campaign against the northern barbarians. He failed to get this, but brought back some excellent warhorses and tales of a strange people yet further east. He had reached the furthest of Alexander the Great's conquests, one of his Alexandria's. The emperor sent an emissary, who the Greeks really hated for an unknown reason and who was sent back with just a head, offending the emperor greatly. The emperor sent an army of 20k to demand more "heavenly horses", but they were unable to cross the desert without help from the desert tribes who did not give it to them. The last few thousand reached Alexandria and were laughed at. The emperor sent 60k men, which, even with the help of the intimidated desert tribes, was shrunk to 20k-30k by the time it reached Alexandria, where it had enough left to besiege the city and force a surrender.
>Look up pic related
>A combined force of Japanese privateers and mercenaries and disgraced Samurai are handing Ming China's ass to it and Qi Jinguang has to make a whole new army specifically to fight them because all the existing units are terrified of the pirates.
One could go on forever with Chinese military history and it's peculiarities.

Attached: 1513573812960.png (500x429, 97K)