I carry .45 because they don't make a .46

>I carry .45 because they don't make a .46
well, as a matter of fact...

Attached: 460-rowland-230-grain-jacketed-hollow-point.jpg (801x602, 34K)

Fucking GOT EM

Terrible fucking thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.
1. .460 Rowland is still .451 diameter just like .45 ACP.
2. It's also creating too many hurdles for not much benefit unless you're explicitly trying to hunt large deer/elk with a Glock/1911

Just get a 10mm instead. Approaches same level of power for much less cost and you don't have to get a whole-ass conversion that's only sold proprietarily.

>muh 10mm

Attached: 1555424058366.jpg (252x223, 18K)

>approaches the same level of power
NOT EVEN FUCKING REMOTELY CLOSE, no.
>.460 Rowland
200gr bullet at 1550fps for 1067 FPE, or 165gr bullet at 2000fps for 1466 FPE, both from a 5" barrel. Can load up to 270gr bullets, although velocity takes a nosedive and they produce less energy than the 200gr load but are an option if you absolutely have to have 40+ inches of penetration.
>10mm
200gr bullet at 1250fps for 694 FPE, or 140gr bullet at 1500fps for 700 FPE, both from a 5" barrel. Can load up to 220gr, although velocity takes a nosedive and they produce about the same energy as a 180gr load but are an option if you absolutely have to have 30+ inches of penetration.

10mm can play in the dangerous-animal defense game but it's the caliber version of the backup kicker. Barely adequate. Its case isn't helped by the fact that an un-comped G20 has roughly the same muzzle climb and only a 1 round capacity advantage over a comped G21 converted to .460.

That's why we stick to the 11mm lane.

It seems to me that rounds like the .460 rowland would benefit from innovation or the use of mechanisms off the beaten path. Like roller delayed blowback with a pneumatic buffer, or a recoil compensator like that seen on the fancy new AK the russians developed. The only complaint rounds like 10mm and 460 have is that they kill their pistol frames quickly. I feel like that is something that can be solved from an engineering perspective, but it's pricey so no one wants to.

Just shoot really light bullets really fast it's easier on the frame.

You missed one important point when talking about carry though: Although both guns in your comparison are wearing 5" barrels, the Rowland needs a muzzle brake adding at least an inch and a half to the gun's overall length and more weight.

I'm happy with 255g +p flat nose hard cast underwoods in my G41.

Sauce? I've never heard anything about 10mm pistols wearing out especially fast if they are well made.

It should be fairly easy to make a .460 using the standard Browning action delayed blowback system that will have a very long life, even without a compensator. The problem is, it's a niche round only available as a conversion. As it is, you can get "good enough" lifespan out of one with just a really heavy recoil spring, although you need the grip of Thor to work the action on them. The one I saw was a 31lb spring and had supposedly gone 7500 rounds with no breakages.

A rotating barrel system would also be a possibility for a comp-less .460, with the added benefit of also being a little more pleasant to shoot.

And yet none of this shit matters for CC.
9x25 beats 460 since what good is all that energy if it just leaves your target as the bullet passes through them? Trade that useless energy for some extra velocity and pick up some additional wounding.

A 460 Rowland owner walks into a gun store, and asks for a box of "the hot stuff". Everyone laughs and claps as he storms out in frustration to go buy his snowflake ammo at ridiculous mark-up from Johnny Rowland himself on the internet. Johnny snickers as he stuffs another box of re-packaged over-pressure fudd rounds into a shipping box, apparently still in disbelief that stupid people would pay $2/round to put holes in cardboard while bragging about "muh stopping powah", despite them living in suburban New Jersey and never seeing an animal bigger than a deer.

Attached: gayfrogs.png (986x797, 869K)

Are the 460 rowland memefags the new ten mil fags? I think so.

Signed,
XxX 450 SMC Gunny XxX

Problem with this logic is most gun fights should end in half a second with a shot to the CNS. Wound channel size? Are you hoping the Taco Bell he ate an hour ago spills out on the floor?

Lmao
I load my own ammo.
I simply load 45 super brass to 460 Rowland levels.
No conversion, just a threaded barrel, spring change and added muzzle brake.

>from Johnny Rowland himself on the internet
But that's not even true. You can buy it from Underwood and Buffalo Bore, too.

And both Underwood and 460Rowland.com have JHPs as low as $1.25/rd, for poorfags such as yourself.

45 super? Because i just bought three boxes of that myself. Haven't had the pleasure to run it in my USP or Mark 23 yet.

You’re right just shoot the guy behind your attacker, fuck using anything that gives you an advantage to stop him.
How you get this smart bro??

31lb recoil spring? That is beyond impractical. We're never going to see really powerful magnum type calibers become the norm unless/until we start coming up with better solutions. A 31lb recoil spring is not a solution, that's a joke.

rowland is a meme, and .451

45 Auto is actually .452

fuck off with your shitty bait thread

Yes, it was ridiculously stout, but that gun was built specifically to be fed exclusively nuclear-bearfucker-even-by-.460-standards loads, and was a proof of concept for a compensator-less build. Using standard loads and not the 1200FPE loads that guy was using you could probably get away with a 21-23lb spring.

Spring pressure has absolutely zero effect on lock time. It is not safer because of the spring.

I know. It's frame battering that's the issue heavy springs are designed to combat, and a .460 with no comp shooting .454 casull equivalents is really fucking hard on frames.

You can change the lock time with deeper or differently angled barrel lugs, or in the case of 1911s with different sized links. But there's only so much you can do with a conversion gun, even in 1911s where you have a lot of control over barrel fitment you don't in more modern designs. Hence why I said, from a ground-up design for a .460, it should be fairly easy to do. Because you can do shit you can't do with a conversion.

But then what happens is the slide will reciprocate back with a much higher velocity and also battering the frame.

Would a suppressor help delay unlocking?
It is extra weight for the barrel and all of those gasses are pushing the suppressor forward so it acts as a muzzle brake in a way.q

Would depend on how good the booster is and how well it works as a comp, at least in a tilting barrel Browning-pattern gun, but could help quite a bit. I actually don't know how it would interact with a rotary barrel gun like a PX4.

It’s a liberty booster.

Is it actually possible to make a .460 Rowland not damage a 1911 over time? I'm been considering getting a compensated LS, but don't want to abuse my frame.

Probably? But that's getting into materials science and actually fucking with designs, so I can't speak from a position of authority.

Slide mass would help, so a longslide is a good idea. Compensators reduce the need for stupidly strong recoil springs, and will save some frame battering. But if you're wanting to run the super hot stuff you're either gonna have to put up with frame stress, or start with a blank slide and figure out your own locking lugs and link reach to keep it from unlocking early.

They make a .50 tho