Other than its obvious purpose for communist states, what does Jow Forums think of the Ares SCR? Is it just a gimmick...

Other than its obvious purpose for communist states, what does Jow Forums think of the Ares SCR? Is it just a gimmick? Anyone own one in a free state just for kicks?

Attached: 24128-DEFAULT-l.jpg (900x500, 52K)

No.

I do own one in the free states. its a fun oddity, i mainly use it with the cannon though.
Its not particularly better than an AR and unfortunately nothing in the lower besides the mag release and take town pins are compatible with a normal AR but its not worse by any means. Its an interesting in between piece to confuse the fudds at the range with.

Attached: THUMP.jpg (1000x303, 96K)

its a neat idea. im not in a ban state but i would buy one just to have a different flavor. the price is kind of off putting though. im not saying its overpriced bc its a "new" product and somewhat niche, im just saying it more than i want to pay for a oddity

They have the potential to be very sexy looking guns. Considering doing a build like this at some point, waiting and hoping they make a version in .308 somewhere down the line.

Attached: heck of a shotgun.jpg (1079x565, 137K)

With a wood stock, freefloat forend and short barrel, the aesthetic is on point.

Attached: nomad15.png (599x470, 605K)

yeah that looks pretty cool

Some people like an old-fashioned stock like this, so there's that appeal.

Attached: SCR AWB.jpg (2048x615, 72K)

Loopholes continue to unravel by the day

Attached: Annotation_20190415_113315.jpg (648x310, 50K)

Attached: UDMCWAa.jpg (4578x1789, 2.92M)

That makes my penis the big penis.

Attached: 1551780909120.png (593x142, 49K)

Attached: ARSCarbine shush scoped.png (919x268, 116K)

It has a much more aerodynamic profile which means more storage options.

If you store your guns in a safe in an upright position like I do, I find guns with "sporting" stocks are much quicker to get into action for HD, which is why I chose a Mossberg 500 for my HD gun over my AR.

Attached: IMG_20180811_210838.jpg (960x752, 255K)

Attached: 1551243378057.jpg (2429x637, 451K)

Very much this. I want one for the anesthetics, I think they look great in wood furniture, but they're way too expensive for what they are

Sporting/straight is also faster to aim from low ready, which also makes it better for HD imho. Might just be skeet reflex, but still.

>anesthetics

Attached: sleeping-black-labrador.jpg (400x300, 67K)

Where the fuck does the buffer tube go? Where is the recoil system?

Rat tail on a stubby bolt carrier kinda like the FAL

It's angled downwards into the stock. This requires a proprietary bolt-carrier with a rat-tail, but otherwise the bolt itself is standard, so you could do .300BLK, .458 Socom, .50 Beowulf, etc, anything that fits in a normal AR upper and on a normal .223 bolt

With the angled buffer (and stock), you obviously don't get the same nice in-line thing going, but that's the price you pay.

Attached: SCR Explained.png (709x1109, 946K)

Reminds me of the Fightlite SCR

Same company, it was originally produced and sold under the Ares name.

This is genuinely good

That’s a Jessie James custom rifle

Would look a lot better with a metal mag.

I have a sick, degenerate attraction to it. I live in a free state but I really want one. It's like a cyberpunk hunting rifle.

Loopholes unraveling is a bad thing, no?

Some of these are quite appealing, but these are hideous.

An ares with an 1100 stock, one of those wood a1 style forends, carry handle sights, and an old colt 20rd mag would get me so fucking hard. Or maybe a flat top with one of these on it. Fuck I want one now

Attached: 69C834A1-D2C6-4A66-BA5B-6A23416DC033.jpg (640x480, 98K)

They need to make m1a style sight for ar.

Go full space garand

That looks hilarious. I love it.
Do the blanks cycle reliably with a can inserted?

grateful that thread corrected op by showing him all the cool things you could do with an SCR instead of telling op he was dumb for not knowing what everyone else does

I do live in NY, and it's absolutely one of the rifles I'd like to own. But I'm not gonna lie, noncompliance costs a hell of a lot cheaper. You can get 2 PSA rifles for this one for example, and that's not to mention what else you can get outside of the platform for this kind of money.

Shit, I find pic related equally aesthetic and I can stick it to Cuomo at the same time

Attached: 0f431be12d1eb4507cfdc980ceee5120.jpg (1024x742, 206K)

Calicuck here, I have one of the 1st generation models with the shitty trigger and weird uppers without a dust cover. It was my first gun ever and I got it back on high school in around 2015 when I knew nothing about guns and I might get another one this summer. It's in my opinion, the best option if you're looking to go featureless and now that we all have 30+ round magazines, is the superior option to fixed magazines. If you're looking to buy one I'd just get the lower and find/build your own upper to your own liking. Some things that I can ding Fightlite on are
1.making a bolt catch a separate $40 accessory. It should be come on the guns, shitty on fightlites part
2.An ambidextrous magazine release is essential so you can reload while maintaining a strong hand grip on the rifle.
3. You're going to have problem with chin-welds if you plan on using regular AR optics or iron sights. This can be fixed by getting risers or buying the Monte Carlo stock. But it seems like Fightlite discontinued the Monte Carlo version and I can only find the sporters online
4. The pistol looks pretty retarded. I'd rather that Fightlite focus their R&D on producing more rifles or getting into aftermarket stocks instead of pouring more resources into the pistol.

Attached: 20170313_161149.jpg (2988x5312, 2.04M)

Noncompliance is based and is also easy to get away with in most states but it's smart to have a rifle/rifles that are compliant. Most people who practice noncompliance also aren't talking about it online, even on an anonymous image board.

Erie county is gay so I can't just slide by like that. They've been charging people with 10 rounds in a mag when the 7-round thing has been overturned since 2013. I haven't figured out which laws would be violations, misdemeanors, or felonies, and I don't wanna get fucked on a traffic stop.

I dont want to turn this into an NY thread specifically, but I'm in Erie as well and never have I ever been worried.

I know that's not a good response for you guys, but I'm confident about the state of things. But anyway, I really just wish it wouldn't end up being >$700 to get one, these are pretty much everything I would want in a rifle for aesthetics

How would it stack up against a cucked saiga?

Attached: Saiga-223.jpg (800x161, 17K)

>jesse james the California faggot that builds overpriced ARs and 1911s.
Nope/10

so fucking weird that a line on a map decides what rights you have or not. what a fucking world 50 miles south and you can own a normal gun

Aftermarket support would be 1000x better because you can use any AR-15 Upper sans the bolt. Seriously, I don't get why the SCR isn't more popular considering it makes rifles like the Mini-14 and SU-16 completley obsolete as far as ban states go.

They're not MA legal.

Is it banned by name?

Interchangeable parts, which Is bullshit

Damn that's bullshit. Sad how one of the birthplaces of the Revolution has come down to that. At least you've got decent sports teams to distract you from that.

244 years ago our forefathers killed the british for trying to seize guns.

they look nice with a wood stock. I'd get one if they weren't obviously priced to gouge calicucks.

Super
Cuck
Rifle

Was my initial impression, but some of the posted pictures seem pretty nice all things considered.

That paint looks RANK

It's expensive, that's why it's taking so long to catch on. It's seriously cheaper to buy a brand new Mini-14.
Also the SU16 may be kind of shitty but the Mini-14 is alright, and has some of that M1 charm to it.

I think it's better than the horrible cripple grips and the stuff where you have to pop your receiver open.
It's better than pic related too, but desu I kind of like the goofy thing because it makes me think of the Krag Jorgensen rifle, just open a hatch and toss in loose cartridges.

Attached: Krag Jorgensen conversion kit for your AR15.jpg (1200x1200, 125K)

Speaking of which, how's the magazine thing going for you guys right now? I know there was a rush to grab em', but have the feds tried to put any stops or counters on that?

Attached: maga country.jpg (540x256, 29K)

Theoretically, the SCR could be cheaper than the Mini-14 if you slap a cheapo upper on top of it. Also, AR magazines are so much cheaper than MIni-14 magazines it's not even comparable at that point. On an unrelated note, I love my compmag because it's so easy to take off.

Basically if you got the magazines in the window of time between Benitez throwing out the law and issuing the stay you're good to go as far as ownership is concerned. Hundreds of thousdands, if not millions of standard/high-capacity magazines flooded the state and almost every major online store got cleaned out for a bit. It's a big win but there's still more stuff to fight like the bullshit handgun roster, online ammo purchases going kaput, and of course, the AWB

The feds have nothing to do with it since it's a matter of state law. And they can keep the mags anyway.

Don't forget about the mags that got unpinned.

I've been interested in one for awhile. Traditional stocks have always felt more comfortable for me personally.

Certainly a step in the right direction.
The handgun roster bullshit in particular always struck me as obscene.

Misspoke, I meant the state government.

Not him but the Mini-14 is over priced too IMO. Regardless the problem remains that for the $539 price tag of the SCR lower one could instead buy:

-1x PSA 16" 5.56 NATO 1:7 Midlength Nitride 13.5" Lightweight M-Lok MOE EPT Rifle Kit w/ MBUS Sight Set ($399)

-1x Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Mil-Spec Lower ($47)

-1x Hammerhead Grip Black ($30)

-4x AR-15 10RD PMAG Gen M3 Magazine 223/5.56

Which is exactly what I did. Sure I want an SCR lower, but not for $539. Also checked.

>Just as good

Make it an entire rifle with a Thordsen stock and the comparison pretty close man. Either way the SCR is over priced, which is why anons are always asking about it but never posting theirs.

Keep your trunk locked and guns out of sight. Don’t give them a reason to look in your trunk.

I have one built in a lightweight upper in 6.5 Grendel. It is one of my favorite guns to plink with. And I live in AZ.

>plinking with snowflake ammo

On the topic, here is my ban rifle :)

Attached: 33259757-735B-437D-A58E-8C6D65CD2097.jpg (600x204, 9K)

6.5mm Grendel is actually available pretty cheaply.

Tactical pirate

But nowhere near as cheap as .223.

Do lightning links work for SCRs?

No the fcg is different and the part of the carrier that trips it is gone

Right, but it's not prohibitively expensive.

Lightning-Links don't even work in normal AR15 receivers today, those either need to be modified to function with it, or you need an old Colt SP1 rifle.

Which isn't to say that it's impossible to figure out how to make a new Lightning Link for the SCR, as Lightning Links existed for guns like the SKS and the FAL.

Attached: Colt SP1 Rifle.jpg (800x1203, 557K)

i have one for hunting because it's light but there's not much use for it other than that.

We are approaching the cyberfudd future and it is glorious.

>Do the blanks cycle reliably with a can inserted?
No gas system, can cannon doesn't even try to cycle.