Redpill me on the Desert Eagle

pls

Attached: yeehaw.jpg (739x415, 28K)

Big expensive autoloader in magnum size, can be used for bear.

Buy one made in Israel and gold plated for memes, or don't because they're fukn expensive.

It's made for target shooting, hunting, and separating tactical fags from their jewgolds.

It's got a humping gas system in it , so keep that bitch clean.

If you absolutely have to buy one, get it in .44 mag, .50 Afro Eliminator is just a meme.

Heavy
Large
Expensive
Difficult to hold because weight and size
Fun to shoot
Is not necessary a better option than other 44 magnums. And for the cost at $1100+ you could buy a $700 -$800 44 magnum revolver and still have $400 left for ammo.

Attached: 8FC6C55D-1306-43CA-A6D0-8899DE61A7A4.jpg (2592x1936, 1.5M)

It's a big Jewish waste of money

Each shot is $1 and everyone at the range will hate you

a gas piston with a rotating bolt is cool in a pistol
magnum calibers are cool
grips are too long for comfort
single action only with unreachable slide mounted safety is the deal breaker for me

stove pipes rather easily if you're not paying attention.
do not bother, get something more practical.

BLUF: Get a 10mm longslide or a .460 Rowland instead.

It's like a magnum revolver but harder to hold because the grip is so deep, and it weighs and costs a fuckton.

As said, .50 Action Express is a dildo cartridge and .44 is just more efficient all the way around.

That being said, all three calibers of Desert Eagle are going to be unwieldy as a result of their extremely long cartridges, so if you're going to shoot big fuck-off magnum rounds, or even .357 Magnum, just get a revolver instead.

All it is, is the final culmination of retarded people trying to get hunting magnum power out of an autoloader, and while it does this, it's bad at it because the idea was flawed from the start. This is really the best you're gonna do outside of .460 Rowland -- and that's a whole 'nother story -- and it still has huge limitations.

At its current apex, 10mm Auto surpasses some .357 Magnum out of 6 inch barrels, but almost completely destroys it in shorter barrels than that, and even starts to get close to the power level of .41 Magnum from what I've heard. I have no facts to back that last one up. Take that as you will.

.460 Rowland on the other hand "fixes" the limitation inherent to this concept: case length. By overpressuring the everliving FUCK out of that cartridge, and with the wonders of modern metallurgy, they managed to get .44 MAgnum-ish power out of Glocks and 1911s and theoretically whatever else people wanted to modify. The problem, of course, comes with the fact that they have to have fuck-off strong recoil springs to not destroy the gun, and big fuck-off compensators to reduce the extreme recoil, which due to the pressure, I imagine could be even worse than regular-ass .44 Mag.

If your end goal is to have maximum firepower in an autoloader, for whatever reason, Desert Eagles are really not the best way to do it. They're just too fucking huge. Lots of wasted weight for the sake of aesthetics.

fuckhuge reliable autoloader with very little felt recoil. comes in tiger stripe gold because reasons.

>difficult to hold because weight and size
Fuckin’ manlets.

Both is jewish :3

>reduce the extreme recoil, which due to the pressure, I imagine could be even worse

Yes, it's unpleasant. I think that's the best word for it. It will not have you hurting afterward but it is not any fun to shoot.

99% of the faggots posting have never seen a DE let alone shot one

It doesn't matter how large you are, it's a very square and large handgun. Maintaining good form whilst using any large automatic is difficult.

and yet they keep right on larping

>redpill
I'm sorry, I don't speak meme. Could you try again in English?

op if you get one you have to get the golden, tiger stripe one.

its incredibly loud. in its proper caliber it really only makes sense to reload for the ammo. everyone at the range will come by and say, "is that a .44?" and you will laugh and say that you are not a pussy and its the full .50 african Eliminator. its the most fun gun i have to shoot.

Attached: sideview50.webm (1920x1080, 653K)

pics and time stamp or you blow poodles

youre probably the idiot bringing up 10mm in a DE thread.

Attached: 2019-04-21 09.48.32.jpg (3226x1815, 975K)

puff puff a poodle today larper?

This except .357 and get some springs so it'll cycle. Honestly pretty fun

kinda

Attached: pinky.webm (640x480, 301K)

the only hole your finger has ever been in

Hot

oof

Better off with a revolver. Desert eagle is a waste of money.

How gloriously dynamic. What's it like being a total Chad

its the real life.

Attached: 50.jpg (4781x2690, 3.64M)

Blame Hollywood and videogames

Imagine actually buying any 10mm (the poor man's .357) over the Deagle .357

Attached: laughing jammer of pearls.gif (480x270, 3.78M)

Lol have you even shot one? You're either a nogunz a faggot or, most likely, both

>I'm sorry, I don't speak meme. Could you try again in English?

Attached: 1517931015484.jpg (387x437, 41K)

He's not wrong, it's not a terribly ergonomic handgun due to trying to cram a long ass cartridge in a handgrip. I just don't think it's than fun to shoot.

>no desiccants
what are you DOING

user, I have holes too.

I can tell you have never held one let alone shot one. They are not much different than most polymer handguns. It weighs a lot, but unless you're a little bitch, it isn't an issue and helps with recoil.

A lot of you retards seem to think people buy these for EDC or defensive purposes. You don't, you buy it to piss people off.

Buy American.

what about just made in america

as long as there are no shekels involved

>Redpill me on the Desert Eagle
Eh, I'd say try to rent one and if it speaks to you, buy one. It's an expensive range toy, and unless you can get a bear tag and want to get up close, kinda unsuitable for most things except the range. I've shot one and thought it was pretty awkward, but it will put a grin on your face. However, I passed on buying one to get the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .454 Casull. Now that's a true hand spanker-- newguns usually go home if I set up in a lane next to them.

the compensator is there to delay the slide unlocking so chamber pressure can drop to something safe before the spent casing is extracted

Pretty high quality semi auto magnum caliber handgun - I want one in the future in .357 just for shits and giggles desu. They made a lighter one with some aluminum parts so that's cool

A desert eagle not in .454 is not not a real desert eagle

>A desert eagle not in .454 is not not a real desert eagle
The first Deagle was in .357, so I'm not sure what fucked up thought process makes you think you know what you're talking about, but c'est la vie.

>desert eagle in .454
kek, The Desert Eagle doesn't come in .454 Casull, you fucking ignorant noguns retard.

not needed in AZ, but i have a golden rod, you can see the corner in the picture.

Got a .44 Desert Eagle as my first gun. I enjoy shooting it. But I definitely could've used my money more wisely.

Dont point that at people!

Attached: Screenshot_20190421-235817_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 1.9M)

Lol that gun is disgusting.
Stop posting.

Somewhat related to thread topic.
I just got an imported surplus jericho and its fuckin amazing. However it keyholes 50% of shots past 7 yards. Barrel looks shot out but its still accurate and consistent as fuck all. Are polygonal barrels racist against 115gr maybe? I can keep a 6 inch grouping at 25 yards. How much does bullet tumble really matter if im still on target?

Jams like a 1990’s printer unless you have a grip like andre the giant and dip it in baby oil between each shot.

Sweet jesus the no guns in this thread is real.

Here is my experience with the mark XIX Desert Seagull

Mine was chambered in 44 magnum.
Now you can't shoot non jacketed bullets in them or else the lead will clog up the gas port by shaving small pieces of lead and molding the port closed with melted lead which makes ammo a bit expensive and harder to find.

Soft point semi jacketed bullets are okay to shoot in them but still some what expensive.
Working up loads yourself for the 44mag is an option but you have to load them hot.

The Desert Seagull is picky with its ammo and magazines are expensive. Afftermarket magazines such as promag are shit and will jam.

The gun will also double feed and jam if you don't shoot it properly with a weaver stance and firm grip. In fact in the manual it states that if you dont shoot it this way the gun will likely jam.

Grips are huge. Aftermarket grips are gay and no wood grips are available in the U.S. I believe they are hand made in Turkey and that dude is the only one that makes quality wood custom grips for the desert eagle.

Gun is not extremely accurate for the price your paying. In fact it is as accurate as any other gun. Trigger is whatever.

Overall gun is hefty and seems to be over engineered compared to the newer l5 desert eagles that are more refined and have less heft to them. but the l5 will cost you a bit more around 1300 whereas you can get a mark XIX for around 800-1000.

.429 DE is the best magnum autoloader cartridge ever made besides the car payment that is 7.5 FK, so it does have applications as a dangerous game defense pistol or any other criteria where .454 Casull is applicable. Shit's cool and fun to shoot plus a really interesting operating mechanism. It's a novelty gun only suitable for a range toy or hunting unless you're okay with a shoulder holster and unbuttoned shirt for EDC.

>picky with its ammo
Shame. If a gun can't feed anything and everything it's chambered for, it's worthless to me.

>The gun will also double feed and jam if you don't shoot it properly with a weaver stance and firm grip. In fact in the manual it states that if you dont shoot it this way the gun will likely jam.

Attached: test.webm (1280x720, 1.54M)

The .429 is performing very poorly in the new DE's still. Seems to have a lot of ejection issues.