What is the stupidest things you have seen people who carry revolvers say to justify carrying their POS low capacity...

What is the stupidest things you have seen people who carry revolvers say to justify carrying their POS low capacity outdated weapons?

Attached: kimber-k6s.png (503x505, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rF4eBALL6Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6 fer sure!

>you
>not stupid
Pick one. You can't get a cc piece that can carry .357 or anything similar in performamce in an small pocket auto. You're dumb

CC revolvers have pathetic power due to the short barrels, but if you are going to argue stopping power then you should probably get to school

a glock 26 will outperform any revolver for the purpose of carry

I carry a 10mm 1911.
Call me gramps, or a boomer, I don’t care.
Shoulder holster when I’m wearing a jacket, IWB when I’m not.
For me, I don’t care about low capacity.
I care about how many times in a second I can perforate that bad guys chest and head.

Nah m8, an lcr in .357 is objectively more useful and adaptable than your g26. Revolvers can be used from a pocket, pressed against a target, and you don't have to worry about limp wristing/feed malfunctions.

Even a ridiculously impractical round like 10mm is better in a semi auto platform than any retarded short barrel 357 or 38

Try and use your auto when space is tight and the slide is pushed out of battery.

this guy doesn't know

Theres a whole market out there that proves that the revolver is still a useful platform. You can try and argue with the market but then you're just stupid. Revolvers will always make smaller cc options with more firepower.

Jesus Christ. Do people actually make this argument with a straight face?

The revolver market is for range guns and trail guns for defense against larger game, which loses to rifles and 10mm anyway but still. People who use revolvers for CC do so out of ignorance or fuddery

Yes, because a group collective has never been wrong before

You're ignoring the biggest market share if revolvers and that's carry guns. You're stupid and I can't change that but I'll still carry a .357 snubby "thats only good for the range"

this guy doesn't know.

Do you also carry an apple iphone because if everyone loves it then it must be superior to its competition?

Get aced autist

but glock owners don't know how to shoot, so how good is their defense capability?

You're daft m8, find me an auto that's as small and light as the LCR that has the same ballistic energy as the .357

he can't. he won't. he's wrong.
.357 ftw

It's a very valid point in a cc gun, you don't get to choose your conflicts and fights often happen when you're at an iniative loss like someone on top of you.

Not really since the cylinder functions as a barrel. There is sone compression loss at the cylinder gap but see pic
Source: the gun digest book of 9mm handguns 1986

Attached: 2017-12-09-18-33-47.png (479x799, 178K)

>.357 magnum in a barrel that is not even 2" long... I mean really? Seriously?

No one will argue .357 isn't powerful but there are so many more powerful auto rounds that can fit in a package just as small as the LCR and have just as much power as the neutered .357 that comes out of it

Also sick 5 shots pussy

magnum rounds in a super small revolver are a terrible choice due to loss of power overall and recoil that screws with follow up shots but I guess muh stopping power is the argument here which fails with a 2" barrel anyway...

you failed at your objective.

You're wrong, tell me these guns and these loads with the same power as .357 out of a 2" barrel.

I carry a revolver because I like revolvers. Is that so hard to understand?

If you don't want the magnum round you can load .38 or +p but for those who've trained a .357 stands out as a great defensive round.

>i've never been in a real fight
Guess how we can tell?

Best logic.

Luckygunner tests show a .357 out of a 2in barrel has about the same muzzle velocity as a +P 9mm, however, you can have a heavier bullet.

And what +p 9mm is as small and light as the LCR?

"if the round is a dud, you can stroke through the action and fire again" -- G. Gordon Liddy

As others have pointed out, you can use much more powerful rounds out of a smaller package with revolvers than with autos. Of course it's going to devolve into another stopping power vs. capacity debate, but there are obvious reasons someone might want to carry 5 shots of .357 over 8 shots of 9mm or .380.

And people ride motorcycles you do you but in an accident that motorcycle vs a sedan is toast safety wise

Still there is no objectively right choice, can your sedan ride rough trails in the woods? How about climb hills in the woods? Different strokes for different folks frenn

What would those obvious reasons be in a self defense situation? Also do not forget the ease of reload for a semi auto, not that conflicts do not 'usually' end sooner etc but being able to reload should still be considered even if it is a rare thing that might need to be done

You just played yourself by making an analogy which might as well be the difference between carry gun and range toy. the sedan is better on the streets just like the semi auto is better for carrying to protect your life

Your assailant is on top of you, they have their hand on the slide, you need to shoot from your pocket, you want more energy in a smaller package, you don't want to worry about limp wristing ir failures to feed.

Not at all bud, shoot your auto from your pocket, shoot it when pressed against your target. Sounds like autos are just range queens that can't handle real life conditions.

That situation is too astronomical to seriously consider when factoring your self defense weapon unless you are a legendary mall ninja or fudd.

Oh fucking boy lads this is it HAHAHAHA

It's too astronomical to say an assailant could be in a fight with you?! Ok guy

Barrel pressed against target because you've been tackled and are actively wrestling.

Or, you know, you get tackled, which is incredibly fucking common when people attack each other.

What? Prove it wrong, laughing at it doesn't invalidate the logic. Unless you get the jump (not likely to happen if you're a law abiding citizen) you don't know how the fight will go.

Don't bother. 9 millimemers are immune to logic.

there, no need to cc when you can simply scare away/shock the bad guys with one of these

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 76K)

I sometimes carry a 4.2 inch revolver. None of that 2 inch shit.

Beautiful, why didn't we use this system in the American civil war.

Not dogging ya but the difference is like 100 fps

You can get them small and 5-6 shots is sufficient for the vast majority of engagements and if you have to shoot any more than that and aren't behind cover you're dead. Stop worrying about what other people are carrying and be confident with whatever you have, you sound like a catty woman.

But I bet you'll bitch and moan about magazine disconnects.

Besides .357 Magnum being just a more powerful cartridge, you can shoot a revolver when there is pressure against the muzzle or even shoot it from the pocket if you don't have the time to draw. Of course reloads will be a pain in the ass but with a bit of practice you can get pretty quick with speed loaders, or even top off with loose rounds.
Now, I myself prefer autos, even for pocket carry, but I'm not some mouth breather who is going to claim revolvers are useless or even obsolete for self defense. You can still very much stop someone with a wheelgun and, in the vast majority of self defense cases, 5 rounds is, in fact, more than enough to stop the attack.

Because they don't fling brass all over the place.

As though actually having to use your handgun to defend yourself isn't already highly unlikely. Especially since you don't leave your moms basement.

Ruger lcrs are one of the most popular ruger firearms. Those are carry pieces not range guns

>357 isn't powerful but there are so many more powerful auto rounds that can fit in a package just as small as the LCR and have just as much power as the neutered .357 that comes out of it
Name 1

these are the correct answers, real functional differences owing to the mechanism of the revolver compared to the semi auto.

Autos FTF and FTE. Reliables are more inherently reliable because they eliminate the need for failure points like magazines, and cycling rounds. You will probably say that’s just a meme though

>What is .357 sig

STFU, you'll expose the biggest secret of Jow Forums!

Attached: Oh You.jpg (600x456, 32K)

yeah brass jews like to hide the evidence.

Are there any common pocket autos in .357 sig? You sure you’re not taking a caliber for full size autos and pretending that it something as small as an lcr shoots it.

this is a legit point especially in spitting-distance self defense situations, like many are. If an assailant has his hands on your gun it can malfunction. With a revolver, once you yank clear you can shoot again. This is the only reason I'd consider carrying a revolver.

Glock 33

>.357 s&w magnum
>8 shots
Why not have both?
youtu.be/rF4eBALL6Jg

Attached: 1548927071715.jpg (2040x2040, 214K)

All pistols have shit stopping power. Just go with what you like.

Some are more shit than others. That’s why people have the conversation

[Laughs in 10mm]

Why does the fact that people who you've never met before carry a certain kind of gun hurt you so much user?

Attached: 1243243214213.jpg (858x536, 75K)

No brass gets ejected for cops to pick up/

>stopping power

>m8
No gunz australian retard get the fuck off of Jow Forums as your opinion is worthless

ITT: Glockfags that believe they need 25 rounds for a self defense shooting
Pic Related

Attached: B32EC35B-8556-404B-B373-6776DE79A6CF.png (830x974, 292K)

327 put of the same length barrel

Attached: image0001.png (500x825, 606K)

Yes and they make attachments to deal with it.

Ok, let me shoot you with my 38, see how you feel about it afterwards.

S&W shield 40 with a 357sig conversion

Boy, revolver queers sure do get upset when you mention how auto loaders beat revolvers.

"even though it can and statistically will happen to me, it probably won't"
I don't know, I still have one even if there is better. Even if it's out dated I kind of assume it's going to turn into one of us trying to tear out the other ones eyeballs with our bare hands or something as malicious as possible and maybe that resolves things a bit more decisively in that particular conflict.

Attached: 1546478171041.jpg (750x741, 70K)

I could probably do worse without it or with something else, more practical gets to be a meme since it's done with the premise things that are not practical don't happen anymore because something resolved a problem once before so it won't happen again.

>being mad that people like different guns than (you)

Attached: President Truman I'm Majestic-12.png (1200x1200, 2.41M)

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

Attached: yallneedjesus.jpg (439x439, 19K)

>semi autos cant fire .460 s&w

>10mm
>Not .44 mag
Disgust.

Pedantic homosexual detected, all you need to type m8 is 2 keys. You're a dummy