Croc removal load

"The scattered rifle shots in the pitch black swamp punctured by the screams of wounded men crushed in the jaws of huge reptiles, and the blurred worrying sound of spinning crocodiles made a cacophony of hell that has rarely been duplicated on earth. At dawn the vultures arrived to clean up what the crocodiles had left.... Of about one thousand Japanese soldiers that entered the swamps of Ramree, only about twenty were found alive."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ramree_Island#Crocodile_attack

If bloody 7.7mm Arisaka isn't enough, what gun should I carry for protection against these things?

Attached: SaltwaterCrocodile.jpg (1920x1440, 610K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yuqslS_yV2U
tactical-life.com/news/florida-deputy-ar-15-rifle-alligator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fostech 12g with milled brass slugs

.22 works fine

I encountered a Nile crocodile in 1988 just north of Babanango. It was 17 feet long and I took it with a Purdey in .375. We drove ninety miles back with it dangling over the bed of the Land Rover.

Generally speaking, you won't require much more than that. .303, .30-06 would, and are, also used to good effect but .375 will be a lot more "reliable".

Swamp folk in Louisiana have been popping gators with .22 for sport for god knows how long.
Shot placement is key.

Hard cast slugs?

A 10 gauge with as much #1 buck as it'll hold. Hopefully one of those fuckers will go where it needs to.

>implying you're going to be able to see, let alone SHOOT a croc with zero light in a fucking swamp

That's having snared them and having a perfect shooting position right above their heads, they also often use .22 WMR to make sure it goes through the skull but doesn't damage the hide they are trying to sell or taxidermy. Crocs are different animals, much larger and more aggressive. In OP's case, he's worried about protecting himself from a salty if he was stuck in a mangrove swamp, like if a prop plane he was flying in went down.
While this story is apocryphal, I've always thought it would make a great movie.

You got to use a big round like the 22lr or 22mag, it drops them pretty quick for a humane kill.

I think this is less a matter of whether or not an Arisaka is capable of killing a croc and more a matter of the fact that they were fleeing through a croc-infested swamp in the dead of night. It's not like the Japs held their own Emu War against the crocs and lost because they lacked firepower.

>big round
>22lr

user you're shooting a fucking dinosaur what do you think

This, I can't imagine trying to shoot something in shallow water in the middle of the night with a bolt action rifle and no form of flashlight or nv. Fuck that.

While running and hearing your buddies getting SWAMPED

That and the fact that the thing hunting them can both sit underwater and look like a floating log

Would a 10mm be sufficient for removing Gator if need be? I walk my dog along a path right by the water where gators and snakes have been regularly seen

>t.Florida

over 9000 hours in mspaint

Attached: mosthonorable.png (960x540, 41K)

There were only like 20 crocodiles, but between the portion size and the fact that they got hungry again 20 minutes later made it seem like the assembled reptiles were more numerous.

saved

i use a bangstick for self defense when swamperating

Attached: 10360531.jpg (410x410, 33K)

>most honorable

Attached: 1529700393640.gif (640x360, 439K)

x2

youtube.com/watch?v=yuqslS_yV2U
op's a gayboi for not posting this BAMFs video

.450 Bushmaster or .458 SOCOM

Listen here son, that there .22 will bounce round in ya n tear ya up.

can't believe im saving this piece of shit

Unironically this. If I ever buy a gun that's DI it will be for this bad boy. .458 socom would be pretty damn perfect for Croc slaying.

Fuckoffhuge bullet causes massive trauma and damage regardless of shit placement
10 rounds per mag as fast as you can aim, beats lever gats and boltyboys for action speed and reload

anything other than 22lr is a larp answer

tactical-life.com/news/florida-deputy-ar-15-rifle-alligator/
Fired a single .223 round to kill 10 ft alligator

there are rumors in Florida of gators that can and actually have tanked 10 gauge rounds to the face. And gators are actually smaller than the crocodiles that are being discussed. Of course, those same gators may also have a protective sheath around their necks and upper chests.
you definitely need penetration to take them out. that means really good shot placement or very large caliber (yes, larger then 10 gauge).

lol you stupid faggot it is beautiful

saved

the crocodile story was probably made up since nobody else can back it up, it's been discussed long ago

I've stolen this

>muh fake news
see

Saved. The smiling croc with the katana really sealed the deal for me

Attached: 1554663151871.jpg (425x425, 46K)

Noice

Precision is more important due to croc/gator/caiman having small brain. 9mm/.223 FMJ will work fine.

Hell, a .22lr will dispatch any if they are restrained.

Attached: tk5vsbedjsl21.png (1432x1246, 731K)

horses did not exist in the 1940's. this picture is an obvious shoop

They are nearly twice as old as dinosaurs.

STOPPIN POWAH really isn't a thing with crocs or gators. Putting one down in a useful timeframe pretty much requires a brain shot.

It wasn't the guns, it was the soldiers not understanding that you can't just jump into some croc filled swamp at night and live.

A magical place indeed

Attached: 1555607559453.png (444x250, 143K)

Use a Varmint Rifle like a white person.

22 250 with a soft point will ruin the gators brain even if you miss it

Based safari boomer .460 get

45-70 FUDD.

Attached: 1549933906076.png (745x726, 441K)

This made Jow Forums worthwhile for all of 2019. None of the faggotry of /b/, Jow Forums or Jow Forums can eclipse the marvel of this eloquent and artistic post

Pistol=10mm hardcast

Shotgun= 3 inch 12 gauge Brenneke slugs

Rifle = 500 automax ar10, or just anything chambered in real fucking NATO honestly.

Any of these will fuck up any gator alive.

what would you need for one of these innadesert?

Attached: C4ebUcaVYAA1vaY.jpg (1200x1200, 221K)

Honestly I don't buy that story, Saltwater Crocs are ambush predators and while they are voracious eaters they aren't very active hunters. Its highly unlikely that there would even be enough saltwater crocs in one swamp to actually kill and eat 900 odd Japanese infantrymen, although if there was even one in there the Japs would have suffered at least one fatality, as they do actively seek out humans as prey.

Just prefire it with high capacity assault clip.

It's exaggerated, but I'm betting a lot did die. I once went to a Steve Irwin show at his zoo, where he toyed with the crocs in an artificial enclosure that was about as big as a football field. He'd smoothly cross the water about 20m ahead of a croc that was sitting at the bottom to show how they respond mostly to disturbances in their environment. The croc wouldn't move. Then he waded back through the water like a crazy man and croc immediately started heading for him. Almost got him, too. He said "shit" into his microphone and his wife covered for him by saying "Steve just said crikey, folks!".

I imagine the bit about lots of gunfire and screaming did happen. The Japs that panicked were drawing more crocodiles to them.

Here's the thing... water is more or less bulletproof and crocs are ambush predators.

Meaning that by the time you have a good shot lined up, you're already dead.

You've got to get the brain. The question is whether a 10 gauge full of buckshot or a more powerful rifle round has a better chance of hitting it.

Fl anons? Run experiments plz.

Worthwhile of hanging on a refrigerator in the Louvre.

Nothing less than 50 caliber APIHE