First gun

Buying my first gun

It will be used almost exclusively for backwoods hiking/ backpacking protection in non-grizzly bear north american areas

I'm leaning towards to Glock 26 because it's lighter/ more compact, but considering the 19 as well.

Any thoughts?

Attached: G19vsG26.jpg (998x492, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ribzwear.com
hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/5
theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/19/ohio-police-exotic-animals-freed
ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/
youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How are you going to carry it? Due to the backpack, I'd recommend a chest holster to avoid interference with backpack waist straps in which case the lighter G26 would be my choice. If you are going to carry on your belt, I'd say go G19.

I have a G23 (compact .40 S&W) and a G26 (subcompact 9mm) for primary concealed carry and backup.

Get the 19. It has a lot more utility in the long run, a lot more enjoyable to shoot and still fairly concealable. It also has a rail for lights.

Get a .357 magnum from either Ruger or S&W

That’d be more appropriate for what you need a handgun for

Get the 19. I own a 26, and as fun as it is, I use the pinky extension mags, and at that point, you might as well get a 19.

Definitely planning on chest holster, or some sort of fanny pack if I need to conceal it haha

Get one in 10mm

If you do go with the 26 the gen 5 doesn't have the stupid finger grooves which is really helpful for such a small grip. For the longest time I would never consider the 26 because of it but now my gen5 is my favorite CC

I bought the 26.

You can use +2 mags or even adapted g19 mags when you want. You cant cut the G19 for summer carry.

ribzwear.com

I've thought about getting this for backpacking to get my gun off my hip. Safariland sells molle adaptors so I can stick the holster I already have right on the front or put it in the pocket to conceal.
hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/5

I own both and can shoot both pretty well and fairly quickly. I mainly carry the g26 in pic related bellyband holster at work. If I'm not in the office, the vast majority of the time I'm carrying the g19 in pic related kydex holster at 1 oclock or 3 oclock.

If I could only have one, I would pick the g26 because it is easier for a variety of tasks, including deep concealment, even though I prefer the g19 because it has more manageable recoil when you're shooting fast.

If you get the g26, go ahead and get one with factory night sights and buy the 12 round pmags. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Attached: muh kids.jpg (2016x1134, 737K)

I own and have carried a 26 for years. The only advantage I see with it vs a 19 is ankle carry.
If I had to choose again I would probably go with a 19 for the reasons others are mentioning here.

sub2k

best of both worlds. nothing like lighting up a durr with WWB 119 jacklighting in the Ozarks on a pontoon boat.

Why do noguns always want to buy compact plastic handguns? Are noguns inherently retarded?

Attached: 1555705867934.jpg (768x1024, 66K)

Hold the 17, 19, and 26 before you buy theyre not just cut down versions of each other. The grip sizes and length from back strap to trigger is different on each.

>Get one in 10mm
The 29 is awesome

Attached: 9x25 Dillon.jpg (2350x3426, 1.42M)

Post guns nogunz faggot.

Yes. Wish I could say I was different but my first handgun was a S&W 360. At least that was after practicing pretty frequently with an M9 for a year.

The future is now larping surpfag

Attached: 1550030912038.jpg (1005x1024, 105K)

Own both, I find the G26 shoots 99% as well as the 19, but while the 26 can use bigger mags for more capacity a 19 will never shrink to 26 size for additional concealment options. If you want a light, the TLR-6 is a thing.

How?

suck it

Attached: Resized_20190321_163203_5561~2.jpg (648x1915, 210K)

Have you looked at the G43/G43X? Same price, but lighter and thinner (single-stack).

Half the ammo, but you should be carrying a spare mag in case of malfunctions to begin with.

Half the capacity for a pistol that only conceals better when in a pocket or when carrying in your boxers with a utiliclip holster or some shit. On a belt you will never notice a change.

Get the 26 because it is more concealable.
You can throw a 19 mag in it and you have a G19. Put a 17 mag in it you have a G17.
It has a great feel and is way more compact than the 19. The only drawback is it lacks a rail. But I would not suggest you only use a weapon mounted light anyways.

Attached: Glock-chan.jpg (960x902, 69K)

>taking anything less than a 10mm in the woods
>29 or bust faggot

Attached: IMG_0571.jpg (3024x4032, 3.91M)

Tell me what user would need a 10mm for if he's not going to be encountering bears?
Coyotes, bobcats, or feral niggers would be thwarted easily by a 9mm.

Rent both and see how you shoot them. As good as the 26 is bullets only work if they hit the target. The weight difference is minimal unless you're an ultralight backpacker, at which case you'd be better off with a single stack.

The Glock 43x and 48 are also options. Each are slightly lighter and thinner than the 26, though they hold the same capacity as the 26, are as tall as the 19, and cannot accept 17/19/26 mags.

I went to a rental range and shot the 19, 26, and 43 (as well as the competitors) and ended up getting a Glock 26 because I shot it as well as the 19 or 43 but it can conceal and also use 33 rd sticks.

One can never have too much stoppin' powah

Got the 26 for my first gun. Nice and all, in the end I had extendos on it, it became same grip length as the 19. Wish I just got the 19 to begin with. Now CC a MP compact 2.0 now, same size as glock, feels better in ha d

Get a P10C. Who the hell even looks at Glock in 2019?

Or the optics ready subcompact version of the P10

Glock 20. its nasty enough for nearly anything in the woods that might want to eat you. Anything it wont kill with a doubletap, will run like hell and then fall over dead from said shots.

>godamnit wendell there are children around.jpg

you ever ran across one of them that was rabid? get the 10mm.

G40 or bust if you're just hiking.

Attached: G40.jpg (500x312, 13K)

>double tapping with the worst muzzle flip possible
Enjoy getting mauled to death. 45acp is the double tap king.

Why not a 17?

with proper fundamentals its not any worse than a .45

>more energy for starters
>gun of same weight and size
>medium weight fast caliber means maximum perceived "snappiness"
No. Might as well claim 10mm recoils like 9mm while you're at it.

10mm niggers always claim it has less recoil than 9mm despite having twice the energy. They are so full of shit its unreal.

Mindsets like this make people end up carrying a .454 Casul or S&W .500.

>buying a tactical, plastic block for backpacking protection against animals
>not buying a .357 magnum/44 magnum revolver for maximum STOPPIN POWAH and reliability

Fag

and you're implying..?

I'm implying 9 mm is perfectly fine for Op's application. He has no utility for such a large hand cannon or even a 10 mm.
It's gonna screw him if he gets a 10.

Making him use 9mm is practically killing him yourself. He'll need a cartridge that actually stops a threat.

9mm Luger is a retarded round to use on wildlife and your a dipshit for suggesting that

I disagree. NA I'm not a dipshit. I know the difference between your and you're.
But it's beside the point. 9mm would do fine against any animal Op would meet. He's not in danger of bears. So what would make you think he needs a larger cartridge?

Bigfoot, deer with rabies, or hell, even a crazed homeless man won't stop for a few mere 9mm.

There are instances where individuals have successfully killed deer with 9mm.
As for human threats 9mm is proven to be successful. It is commonly carried by LEOs.

A 10mm or .45 is going to be more reliable when it comes to defending yourself from wildlife. That being said, 10mm has a lot of recoil and good ammunition can get expensive, so it may not be ideal for a first gun. The .45 doesn't have as much recoil but its capacity is lower, and for both 10mm and .45 Glocks the frames are going to be pretty big. A .40 or even .357 Sig Glock may be a good compromise since the recoil is really about the same as a 9mm and the frame is exactly the same as the 9mm's. For wildlife you're generally going to want a longer barrel for more velocity and expansion, so a Glock 22 could be the goto. The weight difference isn't enough to make a difference if you're backpacking and you're only losing 2 shots of capacity compared to the 9mm.
If you're looking for a versatlie gun, though, a 23 or 19 will be more concealable than their full size counterparts.

theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/19/ohio-police-exotic-animals-freed
There was an instance where ~50 animals escaped from some crazy guy's zoo and the police put down lions, tigers, and bears, with 9mm handguns.

>10meme
>being any more effective then 9mm
Kek, deluded faggots with buyers remorse

if using a midride with a low profile belt it'll be out of the way of lumber straps.

But that's also assuming that you wear your belt on your hips and your lumbar strap is above that

Would 9mm NATO be better than defensive ammo? Seems like penetration would be more important against dangerous animals

>10mm out of a 3" barrel

lmfao

What's funny is 9mm stubby revolvers shit all over .357 magnums too. Lucky Gunner did a video on it.

9mm>memeshit it's literally a magnum version of the 7.62 parabellum. Faglets need to accept it's peak handfun annoying.

Get both.

I have a 19 and conceal it regularly but I’m looking to get a 26 because of the warmer weather here in Missouri.

This. Go for the 23. I just got a 26 and still carry my 23 cause .40

I mean I like .40 I have a USP in it but if you're gonna own two double stack glocks I'd stick with one caliber for mag compatibility
>t. guy whose holster fits his 17, 19 & 26

Lucky gunner exists to shit on fudds and knowledge less retards. Its great.

9mm is plenty for anything sans bear, and even then its debatable.

evidence doesn't agree with people who meme huge handgun calibers. Deal with it. 9mm is plenty.

10mm is a lot of recoil and blast and its expensive.

>I'm leaning towards to Glock 26 because it's lighter/ more compact, but considering the 19 as well.
>Any thoughts?
Yes. If you are only considering Glock as a reasonable handgun purchase, I truly believe that you should have the words "BITCH FAGGOT" tattooed on your forehead.

nigger detected

According to empirical data 9mm is plenty even for grizzlys

ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/

Literally how can compensating magnum and 10 milimemer fags ever compete?

>nigger detected
Nigger faggot retard noguns detected.

>nigger detector detector detected
fuuug

Attached: 1552244365411.jpg (600x600, 68K)

my first handgun was a cz75

"heavy is good. heavy is reliable. if it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it."

Glock 19 more fun at the range and longer sight radius. No question.

Attached: save_you_by_nellieschwarz-d5cuv08.jpg (1024x1539, 225K)

G L O C K 4 0
L
O
C
K

Attached: s_l1600_31__79441.1455392094.1280.1280.jpg (960x1280, 184K)

This, ops gonna get eating by a skinwalker

Attached: Snapchat-1065267882.jpg (719x609, 40K)

It has twice the penetration in soft tissue

Attached: 1555558187005.jpg (1000x700, 130K)

Still gets ~600 ft lbs of energy

Still penetrates more then 5 feet of ballistics gel

youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ

Only four samples using 9mm, all against small inland bears.

In the same boat here.

Moving to an apartment in the downtown section of my city here this summer. Definitely picking up a handgun for protection.

I was looking into either the p320 or glock 19, but I was also doing research into a bersa 380 plus. Not totally sure if a .380 would really be a good option but they're so damn cheap.

Pretty torn tbqh.