Used an M16 for the first time while qualifying for M4/M16 yesterday. Why don’t we have more of these...

Used an M16 for the first time while qualifying for M4/M16 yesterday. Why don’t we have more of these. The range is arguably better than the M4 and it is also more precise.

Attached: A8CF0565-6E61-4BA7-9A3A-B3E46F6DE26C.jpg (1125x1154, 1.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

steyr-arms.com/de/sportwaffen/aug-z/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shoot better smellis

Because sometimes we are required to ride in vehicles or enter buildings, where a full length rifle is a liability. Its all compromise between like 50 different factors.

>The range is better
It doesn't make a difference at 300m. It's sight radius that's making it easier. Also, you get phones in basic training now? Pathetic

It's more difficult to use indoors and getting in and out of vehicles is one reason. Another is that M4s are nearly PDW level and are legitimately easier to handle than historic submachine guns, and a weapon like that is needed for female pogs because an M16 is too big and heavy. It doesn't matter that it's better and has less recoil, the M4 is just smaller and good enough.

>Also, you get phones in basic training now? Pathetic
Shouldn't. I just got out of basic, and only got my phone for 15 minutes on three occasions for phone calls, and on family day. Hell, even in the first half of AIT, I only got phone access on weekends for a few hours.

>Another is that M4s are nearly PDW level and are legitimately easier to handle than historic submachine guns

Ya, an M4 that isn't covered stock-to-muzzle in flashlights, lasers, gripods, drink dispensers etc. is about half the weight of the Thompson.

I carried an M16A4 on my first afghan deployment, and an M4 on my second.

I will always take the fucking M4, if anything else only boots carry muskets. It’s not like you’re going to ever see the enemy or be shooting at anything other than a general direction anyway, typically with a shitstorm of crew-served fire.

Don't forget Reese's Pieces compartment

>noguns pog from some nigger filled city thinks he’s a weapon expert after firing for an afternoon

Try building clearing with that fobbit blaster. That extra barrel isn’t going to give you an advantage when engagements aren’t occurring at 800 meters and even if they were you aren’t going to to be making shots at man sized threats at that distance

>this

The fact that it’s an A2 tells me that you’ll probably touch a rifle once a year, if that.

>Dont mind me, just the best military service rifle there is, since the 1970s
>80cm overall length, 50,8cm barrel length

How can amerimutts even compete?

Attached: AUG_A1_508mm_04.jpg (550x217, 18K)

As everyone else already said, the 20 inch barrel and longer sight radius won't make a large enough difference to override the handiness of the 14.5 inch in buildings and vehicles.
Besides sight radius, doesn't barrel length matter less now since they use M855A1? It's purposely overpressure to give the 14.5 inch M4 similar performance to a 20 inch M16 with normal 5.56.

Attached: m855a1-660x440.jpg (660x440, 62K)

> It’s not like you’re going to ever see the enemy or be shooting at anything other than a general direction anyway,
Way to bank on nothing happening.

>Why don’t we have more of these
Because the added length does practically nothing for the effective combat range of the 5.56, and the shorter M4 makes clearing rooms and going in and out of vehicles significantly easier.
>The range is arguably better than the M4
See above, in terms of practicality it really isn't.
>and it is also more precise.
If you're only using irons, sure, the longer sight radius of the M16 will be advantage. however, it isn't 1999, and optics come standard, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Leave the thinking for the NCOs, boot.

By being legally capable of owning one for their own personal use while you’re forbidden from ever having one.

Actually my unit has a bunch of M-4’s that we don’t bring with us when we cross train with other units because we don’t want to have to clean all of them.

>nothing happening
>thinks insurgents just jump out into the open and start firing instead of shooting from murder holes in mud huts packed with civilians
>also doesn’t know how hard it is to find out where gunfire is coming from when you’re literally surrounded by compounds and tree lines to shoot from.
>how I can tell you’ve never deployed

>M-4s
Confirmed for pog unit that will never even deploy to the middle east

kiwis replaced theirs with ars

I’m a prior service gunners mate in the Army Reserves while in college baby nuts.

So you bring A2s that you’ll have to clean anyway?

>Army Reserves
bunch of fat larpers

We borrow them from our partner units when we arrive on their base.

>Bullpup Bullshit meme
Get out

See here

>Navy
>Reserves

Yeah, you’re a fobbit that has no opinion that’s worth hearing. You navy niggers treat your weapons like shit and your Expert Marksmen rating is such a joke it makes the Air Force look smart. Even the Korean and JSDF navies learned to rust proof their guns with wax coating but everytime you break out your small arms they look like they were stored underwater. Also it was navy dumdums that would leave their weapons at the USO in Bagram.

Trash.

Are you retarded? I can buy as many rifles as I want, I am not british.

R u marin?

Kiwis replaced their semi autos with headscarfs.
What do you expect from those people?

So you’re invalidating what you stated reguarding the “M-4” becuase you solely opt to use M16A2s from a sister unit for convenience and not due to perceived advantages?

If you’re from a nation that uses the AUG as their service weapon you aren’t a gun owner capable of owning one.

Former WO2 army
Current Chair Force Officer

Army Infantry uses M4s there Jarhead

Not marine, mocking him for spelling it “M-4”

Attached: B3C2451A-E800-40F7-86C9-74BCF1CAF124.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

>4 moa

Oh. That's pretty autistic

You may not like it, but this is what peak 5.56 performance looks like

Attached: Resized_20190321_163203_5561~2.jpg (648x1915, 210K)

Half the people on my local range have an AUG variant, personally I am more into pistol shooting but whatever you say kid.

Attached: steyr-mannlicher-pistols-gewehr.jpg (1006x1024, 253K)

Welcome to Jow Forums. Itmust be your first day, faggot.

Attached: 15245DC0-4FE6-42D4-99B5-C9040A84397C.png (320x363, 135K)

>Awesome microdot on top of an awful 1.5x
Interesting

Yeah but imagine the performance of M855A1 out of a 20in barrel

Is bct the only time you ever qualify in the army you pog

We’re talking about real guns here, not your faggy airsoft toy you play pellet blaster with.

Clearly you have no idea what is going on in the world, stay mad amerimutt.

A marginal increase in velocity?

No but we had M16A4s when I qualled at Sandhill. Didn't qualify on M4s until I got to my unit
I doubt

Why is the ~16", mid-length gas system setup never considered by military? It seems like the best compromise.

and thus range and terminal ballistics

>u mad?
Get a load of this airsofter using /b/ quips circa 2007

I've done 3 deployments to Iraq as a infantry bubba. I don't expect you to believe that though because you are a know it all punk.
That retarded statement you made about not seeing the enemy and then your response of how the bad guys hide amongst civilians just shows you are here to hear yourself talk.

Anyways, A2s are fine with the carry handle ACOG, they are lighter than then railed out M4s and this who business of easier to get in and out of vehicles is important. I don't know if it is as important as loosing the ability to reach out to 500m effectively.

Yeah. By a marginal amount. Same as any other 5.56 round. Go you.

Care to take a time stamped photo of that gun field stripped?

A1 is sexier tho

> I don't know if it is as important as loosing the ability to reach out to 500m effectively.
You're not doing that with 5.56 to begin with, so...

>Anyways, A2s are fine with the carry handle ACOG, they are lighter than then railed out M4s
Who in the flying fuck is going to be using an ACOG'd A2 in 2019?

That's fucking right. My autism has been vindicated.

Thats not mine since I dont own an Aug, i shoot pistols like I already said.
In Austria we can buy it directly from the factory and its perfectly legal to own them, we dont have stupid short barrel cuck laws either.
Of course we are talking semi-auto Steyr AUG-Z, not fun switch ones, but those you just pick up and buy as civilian in the USA either.

Steyr Mannlicher has a very nice range for you to test out all their funs. steyr-arms.com/de/sportwaffen/aug-z/

Different user but I did two tours in Iraq as 11b, one in Baghdad. Rarely saw the enemy (Mahdi Army), they shot from corners and user murder holes they put in buildings, would pop RPGs around a corner and run. Occasionally we'd roll up on em at night and catch em in the open, but rarely. We had ACOGs on M4s, and they definitely did shoot from heavy populated areas at times, or when many people were out and about, adding to the confusion of who is armed and who wasn't. From my experience, even at 100m it can be hard to PID where fire is coming from

I said “why don’t we use them”. It’s okay to use another platform in conjunction with one in service. It was more of a question

>I can in theory own this, I just choose not to
Sure you can.

>The range is arguably better
I guess better range isn't necessary, but if you were qualifying with irons the extra sight radius is helpful

I will sleep well tonight and you will still be a faggot. :)

Attached: 1555852471431.jpg (200x176, 22K)

You could have just asked if he was australian instead of wasting 9 posts and losing

What's the price range for getting one straight off the assembly line?

Are you still using 55 grn rounds or something?
Civilians
>Occasionally we'd roll up on em at night and catch em in the open
It happens, I understand your experience and respect it. Sometimes people make missteps and expose themselves though. Other user seems to think is it rare enough to not worry about though.

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x662, 271K)

>Civilians
We have flat tops readily available, why the fuck would you force yourself to use a carry handle optic?

I'm not sure why, I guess it's just hard for the military to make changes. The T91 uses a 16" barrel, as does the carbine variant of the AUG.

Attached: T91-3_(65).jpg (1152x768, 123K)

Steyr AUG-Z A3, Lauflänge 417mm, € 2.200,00

Attached: Stery-AUG-Z-A3-5.jpg (1200x800, 124K)

Oof, are you guys restricted to 5 round mags as well?

>durrdurr you use da 62gr. and now ur AR is a 500+m killin' tool
You have to be some reservist twat LARPing as someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about. 300m engagements with small-arms are rare enough as it is, and when they do happens the MGs and DMRs kick in. They sure as hell would have for 500m and beyond, in which case your AR is more or less just a general suppression tool.

Nigger, don't even start on cuck laws, you can't even get hollow points. Not to mention you gun ownership is not a right, your government knows exactly how many guns there are and who owns them. You better enjoy them while you can.

Because rifle-length for 5.56 doesn't get you much in exchange for the extra length over 16" or even 14.5". The military has figured this out, even the crayon-eaters at long last, yet the concept still eludes some mouth breathers.
>Civilians
No they don't, and you're retarded if you subject yourself to it for any reason outside of clonebuilding.

Attached: WP_20180411_005.jpg (3072x1728, 2.47M)

No, you can have every mag size, 10, 30, 42.
They ship it standard with 10rd because in shooting competitions people need them.

Attached: steyr offer.png (1672x963, 370K)

Maybe some people enjoy resting their chin on the stock to use their optic. You ever think of that Casey Jones?

Canadians use a 16" barrel too.

Some people are still rocking the A2s they bought in the 90s. Some of the guys that fucked up ISIS used them too.
Are you going to answer my question, or what?

Attached: Kurdish forces.jpg (613x576, 68K)

So what do you call those?

Attached: suckusuck.jpg (800x600, 79K)

>all this shit talking and doesn’t even own the gun he was bragging out. Has to pay more than Americans for the same gun
>can’t even keep it in his house

Big yikes there. Enjoy spending almost 1.5 times us Americans pay for your gun there, loser.

Get back to your containment/dressup thread.

Your police issued magazine? Your boss won’t like you playing with your duty mag there :^)

if theres anything we can agree on, its that the govt profile was a huge fuckup

Attached: govt mandated bullshit.jpg (800x366, 25K)

is that a true hollow point or is the cavity filled with something? hard to tell in that pic. Also, are you allowed to keep the gun loaded by your bed or does it have to be in a safe? how is ammo stored? I know it's not realistic for everyone to get to carry a gun since you need to prove a need

It is Easter, please don't post such disgusting things.

He’s obviously a cop or security man as he doesn’t even own the gun he was talking up earlier in thread.

A2 is fine, quit bitching

Some people enjoy fucking their sisters too, and just like people who still use ACOGs on A2s, that doesn't mean they're not regressive inbreds.
I haven't regularly posted in /arg/ in over a year, keep up bitch.

given the choice between an a2 and an m4 i would rather carry the m4 but god damn do i love an fn a2

that is federal golden saber bonded 9mm 147gr
I am allowed to have the pistol at home under my pillow or on my belt for self defense, but I cannot carry in public without special permit. When I am not at home I have to make sure it is secured at home. I can store gun and ammo together. For that I have a little safe for valueables, nothing crazy.

>Milsurpvirgin
>Worrying about anyone else's sex life
Too bad Thomas the Tank Engine doesn't have a wet twat for you to tap, you probably wouldn't be so bitter and angry all the time

And don't clean them before returning them to your host unit? You guys are assholes.

I don't sex trains god do you even know who I am anymore?

Attached: drunkenmolestation.png (582x827, 477K)

tangential schizo-posting with an edgy opinion, have two (You) (You)

Attached: seals-2002-hr.jpg (1747x1139, 283K)

SEETHING

I only see one, I want a refund.

Attached: kalashnigote.jpg (900x829, 110K)

Does anyone make a barrel to the original profile?

Did you have to go to basic again? im considering making a similar move.

Brownells, Fulton Armory off the top of my head. Both have FSP, barrel nut and handguard cap.

Yes. You will have to complete the entire army basic. OSUT.

Damn that sucks. How was it as a prior service?