When is the US going to start selling these things?

When is the US going to start selling these things?

How long until we see Japan and Saudi Arabia flying the Raptor?

Attached: f-22_2.jpg (1280x853, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_United_States_Air_Force_nuclear_weapons_incident
nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-mitsubishi-f-3-japans-6th-generation-fighter-jet-52277
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In order for us to sell them, we'd have to reopen the production line, and we destroyed all of the tooling because of Obama's faggot SecDef.

The F-22 is done. It's going to be all F-35 from here on out.

Probably never. Japan and (allegedly) Australia both were interested in purchasing them early on, but congress put a ban on exports of the F-22. The F-35 basically does the same thing better and cheaper, so there’s not much lost capability for allied countries beyond pure air superiority. Even the F-22’s perception as the better A2A platform has been called into question recently after the F-35’s impressive performance at Red Flag and similar exercises.

Never. They're shit.

Attached: 1525449644250.jpg (1080x1080, 142K)

>The F-35 basically does the same thing cheaper
Yes
>and better
Oh no, sweet baby...

It has a way newer radar package, it wouldn't be even remotely surprising.

We’ll likely never know the true answer, but considering the huge investment into upgrading the F-35’s sensor and data-sharing capabilities compared to the relatively non-existent upgrades being carried out on F-22s, it seems like the Air Force is putting a lot of stock in the F-35 as a more useful platform in the future.

>and we destroyed all of the tooling
For what reason?

Aliens got worried that we surpassed their technology with the Raptor, so they demanded we limit production and destroy our ability to make more. Where do you think that hurricane that damaged all those F-22’s came from, user?

>and we destroyed all of the tooling because of Obama's faggot SecDef.
stored*
well, at least most of it, something they actually managed to lose for some reason

We have to keep them for hurricane bait. No other way to get fed neet bux.

Attached: DRt2SlqUMAErr8D.jpg (544x533, 44K)

They don't sell them any more after the Rafale already beat it in export competitons. Why do you think none of them were ever exported?

I know this is bait, but none of the countries that have bought Rafales would ever be sold F-22s by the US, even if they were open to export. Egypt, Qatar, and India (if it ever untucks its procurement process) will never be getting US 5th gen aircraft.

As was mentioned earlier, export sales were banned by Congress.

kek. nice bait
always good to see something fresh

>Saudi Arabia flying the Raptor?

We do not need another Turkey situation in our hands

Attached: buddies.jpg (960x540, 71K)

The F-35 does more things well than the F-22 for a lot of reasons, the most basic of which is that it's a significantly more modern aircraft.

Am I supposed to be impressed by a TGP screenshot of a jet operating in an airspace where they routinely intercept each other peacefully?

It’s always funny to me the stretched truths that commies have to bring out to prove their airframes’ “superiority” because there’s no actual data to back them up.

Probably accidentally shipped to Asia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_United_States_Air_Force_nuclear_weapons_incident

he got missile lock on it. and these are contested airspaces and no one is taking them lightly. so yes, you should be impressed.

Never. The F-35A us the export model for this market. Maybe Boeing will sell more of the new upgraded F-15 internally as well.

The F-22 is going to have an avionics package upgrade.

They are literally not air combat zones. US and Russian fighters make zero effort to evade each other over Syria.

Yes over the course of a number of years. It still won't be better at most missions (other than pure air superiority) than the F-35. It's moot anyway because they are never going to build another for any reason.

>and we destroyed all of the tooling because of Obama's faggot SecDef.

Attached: 0b4.jpg (453x576, 39K)

A-10s should be good enough for well into the space-age

>He got missile lock
Nigger what does this even mean, that he got a good tone with an IR missile? Is that suppose to be impressive?

Pretty sure fighters over Syria don’t spike each other as it’s considered an act of aggression.

Those F-22s didn't Stay Fly

I wish we'd buy more.

Don't fall for fake Armatard's b8 m8. He's posted this in so many other threads and people have fallen for it.

Saudi Arabia is the 4th worst country in the world. stop cutting them slack.

*stttt* yup A-10 warthog, hell of a plane

Something like almost two years ago I got the "honor" of trying to set up a tiny, tiny run (like seven units total) of actuator components for the F-22. Went in the lead edge flap actuator, I think.

Biggest PITA I've come across since I started working here. Nobody had touched that job for something like seven or either years beforehand, and the fixtures we could find for it were all apparently bad so we had to make new ones. But the specs for those fixtures were bad too, and none of the greybeards could remember what it was they'd had to modify to get them to run right. No idea why they wanted them; usually a small order like that is just a precursor to a larger one down the road, but it never came.

>burgers still build the F-16, F-18 and F-15
>building F-35s
>but not the F-22

Why?

Is there some spook, Lockmart executive or shadow gubmint who did not want it?

F-35 provides better capability in the areas the AF wants for cheaper. We still need to replace our aging F-15C fleet for A2A, which the F-22 was going to do, but given how much work is already going into the 6th gen fighter programs, F-35s, existing F-22s, and maybe the F-15X can cover the gap until the next fighter is ready.

They're expensive as hell, both in production and maintainence costs, and nobody (not even quantum Chinks with their magic J-20's) has anything close to good enough in the A2A department to warrant a need for such an overkill solution.

Honestly, the only way I see it coming back is as a new, less fiddly and more reliable airframe. They just aren't practical as-is. More an experimental prototype than anything else.

As sad as I am, not a lot of people actually see the good thing that will come out of this

>Oi, we don't have enough of our top notch fighter jets mate
>No worries mate, we got the next best thing - our top notch strike fighter
>I see mate, but we might need more of our top notch fighter
>Nah mate, we'll just make an even BETTER one
>Oh, dilemma solved then eh

It's the seawolf all over again. A brilliant program that simply wasn't justified by the threat present and ended up being used to develop tech for a more economical program.

It's too late. The ban lasted so long Japan decided to build its own stealth air superiority fighter.

>Japan’s 2019 Mid-Term Defense review quietly revealed that after years of hesitation, Tokyo has decided to press ahead with development of its own domestically designed sixth-generation Mitsubishi F-3 air-superiority stealth fighter, rather than purchasing an additional foreign stealth design to supplement its growing fleet of F-35s.
nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/meet-mitsubishi-f-3-japans-6th-generation-fighter-jet-52277

There are so few of them I suspect they are going to get excessive flight hours. Nothing makes sense.

>Bush killed the F-22
>somehow Obama is to blame

>The F-35 basically does the same thing better and cheaper
>F-35
>air superiorty fighter
>better

Are you maybe retarded?

Pure air superiority is the pretty much the only thing it doesn't do better, and yet it still does it better than anything that's not an F-22.

Unironically to boost F-35 sales.

That's wrong.

probably the best description of the situation, and it's not like the Virginias are shit either. The F35 isn't terrible, and is strategically far more versatile than the 22s.

KEK. sip harder

It was the answer to a situation that didn't exist anymore by the time it got into service.

>Saudi Arabia
Great, now they won't just crash into buildings, they will also be harder to detect before doing so.

How delusional do you need to be to believe that a subsonic fighter bomber can fulfil the air superiorty role at all?

I don't know, who claims that?

F-35 fags in this thread.

F-35 is not a fighter-bomber, nor is it subsonic.

multi role fighter is government speak for a compromise

Attached: you.png (722x436, 97K)

>heavy and medium tanks will always be different roles!

Then the MBT came along. Single mission aircraft are a symptom of immature technology.

No, its not.

This.

10/10, also checked. Good post all around, have some (You) dopamine.

F-35's engine has for a fighter a high bypas ratio of 0.57:1. That thing is designed for fuel efficiency in subsonic regime and the high bypas ratio is the reason why the F-35 max out at mach 1.6 (though you rapes the engine doing it). The engine literally runs out of air if it tries to fly supersonic.

Retardation: the post.

I'm not at all convinced that Japan will go through with this, they've been talking about a homegrown fighter for some time and they've never pulled the trigger. Fiscally speaking, my defense lobbyist friends often say that they are far to conservative to ever spend the billions necessary for the production of a cutting edge fighter at the scale they'd need. A homegrown 6th gen in Japan is going to have an initial unit cost of over $200 million, potentially over $250 million, and that cost combined with the relatively low numbers Japan would order always sinks these projects.

It doesn't need to.

F-22 is a Porsche 911.
F-35 is is a Honda CRV.

You run a messenger service. You have a few Porsches, but all of your competition only bought CRVs. There are people who really really really wanna see your service close, but they're all just bike messengers so nobody cares.

Your 911s are expensive but can btfo any other delivery service on the planet if you ever feel like you need to use them. Everyone knows this and just avoids your territory. At the same time, you know helicopters are the future of messenger services, so even you 911s will eventually become obsolete.

So why not just get and use some more CRVs to save yourself some money? In the meantime, you can invest in helicopters while everyone else is mucking around @ the status quo.

It's factual correct.

Actually, not even the air force. They are pushing the next gen fighter for the >2030 time frame.

When China starts mass producing J-20's then the like 180 F-22 aren't enough anymore.

> they've been talking about a homegrown fighter for some time and they've never pulled the trigger.

Japan talks a big game domestically about keeping a native MIC alive, but in practice they know they have to prioritize, and their navy comes first.

Its about as factually correct as your grammar.

>J-20
>not a paper tiger

>for a fighter a high bypas ratio of 0.57:1
>The engine literally runs out of air if it tries to fly supersonic.
*Laughs in Swedish*

Attached: Saab_JA37C_Viggen,_Sweden_-_Air_Force_AN1117367.jpg (1024x678, 222K)

So, is the MiG-31 also a subsonic aircraft?

Obama's SecDef is to blame for the tooling from said factories not all being stored properly for if we need it. Most of it was, but not all.

Will it have an internal IR sensor though?

exactly, it's not a paper tiger.

Considering the fact that multirole fighters perform those missions regularly.

At this point the program even takes on a public work of a sort to prop up domestic military aviation industry. It's been two decades since the development of F-2 and one decade since they discontinued the production; and Japanese corporations gain little from final assembly works of F-35, nor do they have a say in development of it. They can't maintain business and capabilities without constant challenging projects in which they are prime contractors. For fiscal matters, I don't think it's not viable, as Japan's defense spending is set to be raised to 1.3% GDP from current

Nice, but I think you could do better by mentionning that Rafale/F-22 dogfight for maximum bait efficiency.